User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

You sound like a Limbic INFP to me.

"Limbic" refers to the Big Five temperament dimension that isn't included in the Myers-Briggs typology and is often referred to as "neuroticism" (although it isn't a psychological disorder). The Big Five/SLOAN typology labels it Emotional Stability and refers to the two poles as Calm and Limbic. Being Limbic on that dimension tends to be associated with, among other things, anxiety/worry-proneness; emotional sensitivity/volatility; proneness to annoyance/irritation; self-consciousness; and (sometimes) depression. I'm Limbic, and it makes me less of a cucumber than some of my fellow INTJs.

I'd be curious to see your results on the official "Step I" MBTI, which you can take here.

And, if you're interested, the Big Five test I generally point people to is this similarminds Big Five/SLOAN test, which will (purport to) type you on the Emotional Stability dimension (in addition to the four Big Five dimensions with substantial MBTI correlations). And I've put some more information about the Big Five and that similarminds test in the spoiler.

Also, in case they're of any use to you, the next spoiler has online profile roundups for the four IF types (although I really don't see ISFJ as a possibility for you).

If your test results seem to narrow you down to two (or three) likeliest possibilities, a possible way to give prospective type-me contributors more information to go on is to read through some profiles of those types and post about anything in them that provokes a notably strong "that's me" or "that's not me" reaction — but, if you're going to take those linked tests and post your results, you may want to do that first and wait to get some more feedback on those before you decide which profiles it makes sense to be reading.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm both an MBTI dweeb and a hardcore T, and I don't do long posts like this (most of which are recycled anyway) as selfless, other-oriented "acts of service" — so please don't feel the slightest obligation to take either of those tests or read any of those profiles or otherwise pay any attention to anything in this post beyond what you're motivated to do for your own selfish reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Makes sense you wouldn't have an opinion on something you don't care about. So what is important to you?
    school is very important to me, like keeping up and having good grades, it's just perfectionism. Then what's important to me is to keep to the rules, like being punctual, behaving well, things like that. For example if I notice that friends of mine are doing bad things (like stealing) I would distance myself from such people, because that's an important value for me. And that's generally important to me, behaving well, being good ...

if I think at normal school discussions the topics don't really interest me. For example we had an discussion about feminism today and ok yes it's important and so on but I don't think people should stress so much about such things, because a few people went crazy or something. Or a friend of mine is always fighting with people about things where I would say it's really useless to discuss about that.

I just care about "myself" like things I could improve or something, and I care about people if I really like them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by lume View Post
    so could I be an ENFP or something? haha
    Ok I don't even know if there's any type fitting me
    Oh, no, I doubt you're an extravert.

No need to worry. In my opinion, type is "best fit". You choose to label yourself by what fits best, and if you realize something exists which fits better, then you can always change it.

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    You sound like a Limbic INFP to me.

I'd be curious to see your results on the official "Step I" MBTI, which you can take here.
    I got INFP on this one,
    E 1 / I 20
    S 6 / N 20
    T 11 / F 13
    J 7 / P 15

brainheart

school is very important to me, like keeping up and having good grades, it's just perfectionism. Then what's important to me is to keep to the rules, like being punctual, behaving well, things like that. For example if I notice that friends of mine are doing bad things (like stealing) I would distance myself from such people, because that's an important value for me. And that's generally important to me, behaving well, being good ...

if I think at normal school discussions the topics don't really interest me. For example we had an discussion about feminism today and ok yes it's important and so on but I don't think people should stress so much about such things, because a few people went crazy or something. Or a friend of mine is always fighting with people about things where I would say it's really useless to discuss about that.

I just care about "myself" like things I could improve or something, and I care about people if I really like them.
    Thanks for all of this. It's helping me see a picture of you in my head

Why are things like being punctual, behaving well, and following the rules important to you?

Why do you want to impress people?

What's your favorite thing to do? What's your favorite thing to eat? Why?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm into this mbti thing for a year now and I really can't tell which type I am. I first looked into letters and it made not much sense. But the functions didn't make sense either. What I'm pretty sure about is that I'm an introvert and probably a feeler, but I can't tell if I'm ISFP, ISFJ, INFP or INFJ. I'm not sure what to say so I'll just list things about me

-I'm hypersensitive, easily hurt or feeling criticized and I'm defensive then.
    -I'm appearing cold, distant and withdrawn.
    -I don't feel like I fit in, and I never felt so, I have like 3 friends which I really like, I just don't get along with people because they're making me feel anxious or they're annoying me - this combination is a bit weird maybe
    -I often worry a lot
    -I'm not easy to get along with because I keep my distance, it's like I want to get along with people but whenever I get to know someone they're becoming really clingy.
    -Some people would say that I'm quite intelligent, and a friend of mine who also knows a bit about mbti said that I'm really not a sensor, but I'm not sure, maybe I'm a intelligent sensor?
    -I tend to zone out and daydream a lot, my thoughts are floating away in nearly every situation and I'm easily distracted
    -But I don't have a vision of change or something, ugh no really not.
    -I would never ever like to work with people in my future (like a nurse or something)
    -I'm a singer and I'm playing guitar
    -I often have a deja-vu like feeling
    -I'm moody as fuck
    -I don't like to show my emotions but if you know me you can tell exactly how I feel just by looking at me.

I'm not sure whether I'm using Ni, Si or Fi as first function nor what my secound function could be, I have no clue, please help me.
    Are you a Perceptive or a Judger?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Sounds like some combination of 469. Don't know which one.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Thanks for all of this. It's helping me see a picture of you in my head

Why are things like being punctual, behaving well, and following the rules important to you?

Why do you want to impress people?

What's your favorite thing to do? What's your favorite thing to eat? Why?
    no ploblem haha thank you for trying to figure out my type

I' doing this because that's just what I've ever done, like when I was a child I had to think of so many things that my mother should have thought of, I had to "stand on my own feet" really early because I just felt that my mother wasn't able to do so, she often forgot my doctor's appointments or something and I had to think of things like that. And getting up for school was also my part because my mother didn't woke me most of the time. And in the first and secound years of school I was always late, in the 3rd grade I was late on the first day and I just remember my teacher, she was sooo angry at me and I felt so bad. So this was the day I was really scared to be late, I was like 7 or something if that's important, so since that experience I'm overly punctual.

And I'm also so sensitive, I feel guilty a lot because I just can't stand knowing someone's angry at me.
    Behaving well and following all rules was just like finding security for me, as I said it started when I was 4 or 5 years old I guess, I felt safe in this system (rules and laws) so this behavior just stayed.

And it's also so much easier to behave well because nobodys angry then and nobody stresses me. And as I said I feel guilt so easily.

I'm sorry,my english isn't so good, I hope you get what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Are you a Perceptive or a Judger?
    I don`t know.

brainheart

no ploblem haha thank you for trying to figure out my type

I' doing this because that's just what I've ever done, like when I was a child I had to think of so many things that my mother should have thought of, I had to "stand on my own feet" really early because I just felt that my mother wasn't able to do so, she often forgot my doctor's appointments or something and I had to think of things like that. And getting up for school was also my part because my mother didn't woke me most of the time. And in the first and secound years of school I was always late, in the 3rd grade I was late on the first day and I just remember my teacher, she was sooo angry at me and I felt so bad. So this was the day I was really scared to be late, I was like 7 or something if that's important, so since that experience I'm overly punctual.

And I'm also so sensitive, I feel guilty a lot because I just can't stand knowing someone's angry at me.
    Behaving well and following all rules was just like finding security for me, as I said it started when I was 4 or 5 years old I guess, I felt safe in this system (rules and laws) so this behavior just stayed.

And it's also so much easier to behave well because nobodys angry then and nobody stresses me. And as I said I feel guilt so easily.

I'm sorry,my english isn't so good, I hope you get what I mean
    Thanks. This goes along with my first impression. Considering I just retyped myself, however, you might want to be a little skeptical of what I'm saying. But I'm getting it from reading Carl Jung, so that's something.

I think you're probably an ISFJ. How you described your internal world reminds me of what I've read/heard introverted sensing to be like- kind of fuzzy and a place to be comforted when the outer world is bothering you. Also, the fact that you change your mind a lot and don't necessarily have strong opinions on a lot of things leans toward you being a dominant perceiver.

As far as the extroverted feeling component goes, many of your values seem to be a result of external reactions. I think people who are extroverted feelers are more likely to 'do what is expected' for the sake of harmonious relations. I think this comes naturally to dominant extroverted feelers- it's who they are. I think when it's an auxiliary function, however, it is more of an adaptive measure. I think an introverted perceiver can use it, in a sense, to keep relationships flowing smoothly so the inner world can remain their own. Because it's 'playing nice' and going along with what's expected, people don't really get to see the real you. For this reason I think, when used as a defensive measure vs in a good way, behaving this way can make you resentful towards others, and can make you think up little vindictive fantasies against others who have wronged you. When it's used in a good way it's a sign that you respect the needs of others and treat them how you would like to be treated.

I hope that isn't too hard to understand. I think your English is quite good, by the way