Thread: Confused.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RisaMoccasin View Post
    Both use facts, but 'deductive' is like cold hard logic one can visibly see. 'Inductive' is more of maybes and speculations that deal with facts. At least, the way I see them.
    http://thephilosophicalboy.wordpress...ions-the-enfp/
    "ENFP’s are, more or less, INFP’s on crack, supercharged idealists who value comfort and hedonism as well as changing the world. Whereas the INFP is content being Socrates, dying at his trial for his ideas, the ENFP must have so much more, a stately presence, lovely luxuries, and total authenticity in their relationships."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    http://thephilosophicalboy.wordpress...ions-the-enfp/
    "ENFP’s are, more or less, INFP’s on crack, supercharged idealists who value comfort and hedonism as well as changing the world. Whereas the INFP is content being Socrates, dying at his trial for his ideas, the ENFP must have so much more, a stately presence, lovely luxuries, and total authenticity in their relationships."
    Hm--interesting.

Do we have perspective of this in contrast to INFJ, as those are my two most likely types?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Hm--interesting.

Do we have perspective of this in contrast to INFJ, as those are my two most likely types?
    I thought my inventory made clear that you're not "a type," or even "two types." The traditional MBTI is designed to "type" you, label you, categorize and box you in. My inventory simply shows your strengths and weaknesses.

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I thought my inventory made clear that you're not "a type," or even "two types." The traditional MBTI is designed to "type" you, label you, categorize and box you in. My inventory simply shows your strengths and weaknesses.
    I suppose I should have been more specific. I understand that, but when it comes to MBTI in general discussion I'd like to have one as a label, if nothing else, lol. Also, perhaps there isn't one that I am, but rather one that I am most like, if that makes sense.

Besides, I'm curious on that in contrast to other types anyways.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I suppose I should have been more specific. I understand that, but when it comes to MBTI in general discussion I'd like to have one as a label, if nothing else, lol. Also, perhaps there isn't one that I am, but rather one that I am most like, if that makes sense.

Besides, I'm curious on that in contrast to other types anyways.
    The only real contrast here is between two functions, Fi and Ni. The former is idealistic, the latter is inspired.

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

The only real contrast here is between two functions, Fi and Ni. The former is idealistic, the latter is inspired.
    I would say I'm more inspired than idealistic, but I don't know if that may be a bias on the functions or the word meanings.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I would say I'm more inspired than idealistic, but I don't know if that may be a bias on the functions or the word meanings.
    Flip a coin

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Pssh. Flipping coins is for P's.

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    Pssh. Flipping coins is for P's.
    I was actually going to say that I would hate leaving anything up to a coin toss. You could very well pick the wrong whatever because it isn't informed to make the decision for you.

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I don't know if any type has a tendency to do this, but I just thought of something I do really frequently.

I often see pieces of myself in fictional characters or real people who have had books written about them. It may be the smallest, most miniscule thing, but then I can find myself becoming completely wrapped up in the ways we're alike, forgetting the ways that we're not, and start comparing myself to them and paralleling my actions with theirs, or theirs with mine. I then begin to like them more as a character, and I use the way they felt to describe how I've felt/am feeling to other people. (I often compare my friends to the friends of these characters/people, as well.) I may do this in indirect ways, like I'll show AMVs or edited videos to my INTP. He understands it in a non-verbal way, but I don't really express these comparisons to my other friends and definitely not to my acquaintances because I know for a fact that they won't understand.

I can do this with songs and videos, too.

I don't know if there are patterns in who or what I do this with that would be important, so I'll go ahead and share here. (I hope you guys realize this is me showing a very very deep part of myself to you, whether you get it or not, so treat it with caution lol.)

People/characters, in no particular order.

I compare myself to/relate to/resound with: Anne Frank, Hermione Granger (Harry Potter), Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter), Ginny Weasley (Harry Potter), Bridget (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants), Lena (Sisterhood otTP), Beth (The Walking Dead), Korra (Legend of Korra), Charlie (Perks of Being a Wallflower), Amy Pond (Doctor Who), Nagisa (Clannad), Clara (Doctor Who). There are likely more, but they're the first that came to mind.

I compare my INTP to/relate him to: Peter van Pels (Anne Frank), Ron Weasley (Harry Potter), Rory Williams (Doctor Who), Makko (Legend of Korra), Tomoya (Clannad). Again, likely more--first that came to mind.

These are some of the videos that I saw myself in, or aspects of myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvfLPwis6pk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xMXaDbuujs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4t_pkRg-Jk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_-3di1yx0

These are the kinds of things I see the INTP and I in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv628NJCwKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVpgkfucgks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjihCDrgX4s

I honestly don't know why I do it, or what the motivation behind it or goal to be sought is, but I just do it with everything all the time. I see characters, or people who have been written about, that have even the smallest similarities to myself or someone I know and then the connection is all I can think of.

This is something I chalk up to being a 4 but I may as well share it: I also have this obsession with images. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's like... I'll love wearing a certain dress because it makes me think of myself at a ball in a gown or whatever. I'll love wearing my hair or makeup a certain way because it feels more artistic. I'll love listening to obscure music because it feels "special"... so forth.

I'm also a very layered person. Right now you're seeing my outside layer--the Dead Serious, Logical but Warm one. I have many layers, though. Feisty, confident, sad, melancholic, sensitive, sweet, shy, cheerful, depressing, scholarly, wise, immature, silly... I honestly think I may have so many layers that I don't know myself. As a person gets closer to me the layers slowly peel back until they eventually come together as a whole--this is what's happened with the INTP, but no one else yet.

Some of the things above may make you roll your eyes or wonder what on Earth this has to do with typing, but I promise you I wouldn't waste your time with mentioning it if it weren't something I do all the time. :P