User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Confused.

  1. #21
    Senior Member reckful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    560

    Default

    You've made 75 posts at TC since last summer and almost every one of them has been in one of your own four type-me threads. I've been participating in type-me threads at INTJforum for four years now, and, based on that experience, I've found that there's one type in particular whose posting history is most likely to look like that, and that type is... INFJ.

    You thought you were 4w5 at the end of your February type-me thread, which I'd consider more consistent with INFJ. When and why did you switch that to 4w3?

    You've written a lot in those other three type-me threads, and I'm planning to read through them, so... I'll be back, but it may be two or three days.

    In the meantime, if you want quite a lot of (mostly) recycled input from me on J/P, I've put it in the spoiler. If you read through it, I'll be curious to hear if, with respect to quite a few of the J/P aspects I describe, you not only see yourself as more on the J side but also see your INTP boyfriend as more on the P side.


  2. #22
    Member RisaMoccasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post

    You thought you were 4w5 at the end of your February type-me thread, which I'd consider more consistent with INFJ. When and why did you switch that to 4w3?
    I don't know the exact month, but a few months ago I read more on enneagram than just the type profiles--which basically described the 4w3 as the "dramatic and showoff four" and the 4w5 as the "intellectual four". That was about as much as I knew about the wings, and it made me think of how when I got emotional over a little girl who everyone thinks is a childhood schizophrenic when I can tell she's really being abused (lots of media on her), I dedicated it to making a case study paper of her, so I typed myself as w5.

    Then I read more about it and reading the descriptions that were specifically about the different wings of fours and contrasting them against each other, w5 was kind of "Meh... I relate to this a little, but not that much."

    w3. "Psht... I don't... what are you talking about? I DON'T DO THAT! >>. <<. ... okay... check, check, check, check, check, check, check, kind of, check, check, check, and check. w3 it is, then."

    So basically, when I read the long-winded descriptions rather than the one-sentence summary of both the wings on the main type's description, I realized that w3 fit better, despite my having traits of w5.


    On the J and P question you asked me:

    lol I'm such a J and he's such a P. I don't even have to offer you proof with how much that fit, we just are. This is how getting ready for events goes:

    I make a list of everything I need to take with me the night before, set 10 alarms ranging from 3 hours before I have to be there to 2 and a half hours before I have to be there, make sure everything about my appearance is perfect, quadruple check that I have everything, and get to the event 20 minutes early minimum (and still feel like I'm late.)

    He sets an alarm for an hour before he has to be there. Rolls out of bed, brushes teeth, gets dressed, slowly makes his way to the event. (Always there on time, if not early, but sometimes he has me panicking because it's 30 minutes before the event and he hasn't left yet! What does anyone care it only takes 15 minutes for him to get here?!)


    It kind of sucks at dance because I'm pretty sure I'm the only J in a swarm of Ps, but none of them bother to see anything from my point of view. Once I got mad at them because they were all laughing hysterically in a sad dance onstage, in front of an audience, and they were like "it's fine!" and I was like "If you think being mediocre is fine, then sure." A lot of them have too much on their plates for them to deal with so they just chill out when things like that happen, but I have too much on my plate to deal with and it just makes me more uptight. People don't care if I miss dance for stuff like prom, but I think they should care--it makes me really, really uncomfortable.

    I have an almost perfect track record, too. I've only missed 4 dance classes in 4 years (I have 10 a week on average) and that was when I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed without getting dizzy. (People were actually texting me asking me if I died in a car crash because they're certain even if that happened my ghost would be there. xD)

  3. #23
    Member RisaMoccasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    91

    Default

    The results of the inventory @Mal+ gave me:
    INFP 54
    INFJ 53
    ESFJ 52
    ISFJ 50
    ISFP 50
    ENFJ 48
    ISTJ 46
    ISTP 43
    ESTJ 42
    ENFP 41
    ENTP 36
    ESFP 32
    ENTJ 29
    INTJ 29
    ESTP 27
    INTP 19


    I find it interesting because the order I relate the most to types is INFJ, ISFP, ESFP, ENFP, INFP. Or something similar to that. And despite INTP apparently being my opposite, he "gets" me best of anyone ever.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RisaMoccasin View Post
    The results of the inventory @Mal+ gave me:
    INFP 54
    INFJ 53
    ESFJ 52
    ISFJ 50
    ISFP 50
    ENFJ 48
    ISTJ 46
    ISTP 43
    ESTJ 42
    ENFP 41
    ENTP 36
    ESFP 32
    ENTJ 29
    INTJ 29
    ESTP 27
    INTP 19


    I find it interesting because the order I relate the most to types is INFJ, ISFP, ESFP, ENFP, INFP. Or something similar to that. And despite INTP apparently being my opposite, he "gets" me best of anyone ever.
    ESFP is rather far down the list, but ESFJ is high up on the list. ENFP was not a contender with a score of only 41. In your OP you stated: "In no particular order: ISFP, INFP, INFJ most often." At least ISFP is in the top 5, and a score of 50 is a significant result.

    I can see you scoring ESFP on a test that scores results as E + S + F + P, where you identified more with Extraversion; or in a function test, scoring Se-dom + Fi-aux, whichever was the case.

    Either way, those kinds of test results come from combining other results, mine doesn't. It's just a straightforward query regarding personality traits common to MBTI types, not to parts of types combined into wholes.

    Your top 6 scores are all Feeler types, and this is significant. Most of them are J, half of them are iNtuives, and 4 out of 6 are Introverted types.
    I wonder if you come across to others are more Judger than Perceiver? You're such a mixed bag of traits from different types that your confusion is highly warranted.


    And recall that you wrote in the OP: "7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?
    Math. Too much logic necessary. Science. Too much theoretical memorization necessary. Logical debates..."

    INTP and NT in general is obviously a problem for you based on that statement plus the fact that four out of six of your lowest scores are NT types.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #25
    Member RisaMoccasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    In your OP you stated: "In no particular order: ISFP, INFP, INFJ most often."
    I'm relatively sure I'm an introvert, and it would take a weighty argument to convince me I was extroverted--which is why I didn't include ENFP and ESFP, because I was trying to type myself. I do, however, relate strongly to ENFPs and ESFPs that I know in real life.

    /edit: clicked "post" early on accident... will finish post in the next one.

  6. #26
    Member RisaMoccasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Oh, dang it, I clicked 'post' on accident early. Continuing on:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+
    I wonder if you come across to others are more Judger than Perceiver? You're such a mixed bag of traits from different types that your confusion is highly warranted.
    I would say so. These are some snippets from conversations about myself with others that stand out:

    Discussing childhood. "I remember when _myname_ and I were little, we used to play with American Girl dolls and when she saw I'd taken my dolls' hair out of their original styles, she literally got mad at me." "Sounds like something she would do."

    Teacher taking attendance: "_myname_ is here..." "When is she not here? You can basically assume she's here at this point."

    Once I was late due to some really heavy traffic. When I came in I immediately spit out, "I am so sorry, I got stuck in traffic!" My teacher commented "I was actually a little worried and wondered if something happened--being a no-show really isn't like you. No big deal, I know I don't have to worry about your attendance."

    On the one piano recital I did poorly at, when I was almost in tears when I had a chance by myself because I had set such a high standard for myself, my teacher commented to me "I don't think you realize your worst is better than everyone else's best. I know you think that was the most horrendous performance ever, but you're just being upset because of the standards you set for yourself. You were actually really great--though I know anything less than 'perfect' isn't enough for you."

    INTP and NT in general is obviously a problem for you based on that statement plus the fact that four out of six of your lowest scores are NT types.
    Yeah. :\

    I use inductive reasoning, so I tend to lose when it comes to debates and logic because my own logic is not seen as 'logical' by other standards. Does that make sense? And I, while I'm learning otherwise, have had to work on applying logic to my day to day life--I mostly only use it in debates and research papers and the like.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RisaMoccasin View Post
    Oh, dang it, I clicked 'post' on accident early. Continuing on:



    I would say so. These are some snippets from conversations about myself with others that stand out:

    Discussing childhood. "I remember when _myname_ and I were little, we used to play with American Girl dolls and when she saw I'd taken my dolls' hair out of their original styles, she literally got mad at me." "Sounds like something she would do."

    Teacher taking attendance: "_myname_ is here..." "When is she not here? You can basically assume she's here at this point."

    Once I was late due to some really heavy traffic. When I came in I immediately spit out, "I am so sorry, I got stuck in traffic!" My teacher commented "I was actually a little worried and wondered if something happened--being a no-show really isn't like you. No big deal, I know I don't have to worry about your attendance."

    On the one piano recital I did poorly at, when I was almost in tears when I had a chance by myself because I had set such a high standard for myself, my teacher commented to me "I don't think you realize your worst is better than everyone else's best. I know you think that was the most horrendous performance ever, but you're just being upset because of the standards you set for yourself. You were actually really great--though I know anything less than 'perfect' isn't enough for you."



    Yeah. :\

    I use inductive reasoning, so I tend to lose when it comes to debates and logic because my own logic is not seen as 'logical' by other standards. Does that make sense? And I, while I'm learning otherwise, have had to work on applying logic to my day to day life--I mostly only use it in debates and research papers and the like.
    I can see ISFP for you based on stereotypes about ISFPs, but they are not perfectionists. The INFP type is a perfectionist.

    What do you mean by inductive reasoning?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #28
    Member RisaMoccasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    What do you mean by inductive reasoning?
    Deductive reasoning is based on fact--"Bob is a child, therefore he is human." Inductive reasoning is more of speculation. "Toy stores are places where there may be a lot of children, because kids play with toys. Or I may see more adults, because they buy the toys."

    For example, many people accuse the Diary of Anne Frank of fraud. I got in a debate about it and instead of disproving facts (vaccuuming at 12 every day when they have to keep quiet) I used speculation as my weapon. My reply was "There are documents proving Margot Frank received a summons and never replied, and the Franks and their fellow Annexe hidees did not show up in camps until 2 years later. You say they didn't hide there so the Diary must be fraud. Then where were they hiding? They obviously were somewhere.

    Karl Silberbauer was the Nazi who took them for deportation. He survived the war and confirmed finding them in the Annexe and seeing Anne's diary."

    I didn't construct an argument using facts from the book because I knew that's a weak point of mine.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RisaMoccasin View Post
    Deductive reasoning is based on fact--"Bob is a child, therefore he is human." Inductive reasoning is more of speculation. "Toy stores are places where there may be a lot of children, because kids play with toys. Or I may see more adults, because they buy the toys."

    For example, many people accuse the Diary of Anne Frank of fraud. I got in a debate about it and instead of disproving facts (vaccuuming at 12 every day when they have to keep quiet) I used speculation as my weapon. My reply was "There are documents proving Margot Frank received a summons and never replied, and the Franks and their fellow Annexe hidees did not show up in camps until 2 years later. You say they didn't hide there so the Diary must be fraud. Then where were they hiding? They obviously were somewhere.

    Karl Silberbauer was the Nazi who took them for deportation. He survived the war and confirmed finding them in the Annexe and seeing Anne's diary."

    I didn't construct an argument using facts from the book because I knew that's a weak point of mine.
    I see. Socratic method. Sounds like you're using facts anyway.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #30
    Member RisaMoccasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I see. Socratic method. Sounds like you're using facts anyway.
    Both use facts, but 'deductive' is like cold hard logic one can visibly see. 'Inductive' is more of maybes and speculations that deal with facts. At least, the way I see them.

Similar Threads

  1. Why Are INTJs Sometimes Confused As Extraverts?
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 06:49 PM
  2. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 12:05 PM
  3. Ambivalent Childrearing, OR "Confusion Leads to Illumination"
    By Ivy in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 08:39 AM
  4. Confusing Functions.
    By Athenian200 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 02:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO