User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Confused.

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    Yikes! You're fast. I'll be responding at greater length but not... immediately.

And maybe I'll browse some of your other posts after all, since there aren't that many.

Just briefly for the moment... I'm leaning INFJ now. Your Big Five test results were non-borderline on all five dimensions, and correspond (as you may have figured out) to Limbic ISFJ — so the S is an out-of-whack result, and surprises me a bit. As shown by this l-o-n-g (600-post) INTJforum thread, it's pretty rare for any of the N's at INTJforum to come out S-equivalent on that test. But, on the other hand, the majority of the INTJforum test-takers are NTs and, looking at the the S/N-equivalent items on that test, it's not hard to see why the N side (i.e., the SLOAN "I" side) of a fair number of them might appeal quite a bit more to a typical NT than a typical NF (e.g., "I would take a 10% raise to move to a job where I did theoretical research all day"; and "I am more interested in intellectual pursuits than anything else"; and "I find theoretical physics interesting"). I continue to think you're an N, which fits with the Enneagram 4 and the "clear" N result on the official MBTI — not to mention the sense I get from your self-descriptions.
    Take your time with replying.

I think most of my confusion from S over N stems from the fact that while I love to research things and make patterns and connections and symbolism, I also can derive great energy from certain things in the "real world". I can be very much in tune with it, though it may be filtered through N. I'm rarely "off in dream land", but I'm processing through whatever my dominant function/dichotomy/whathaveyou is. Does that make sense?

Like, my dad being a retired cop and my mom being a retired 911 operator, they had me take some women's self defense classes and have told me all the time it is MUCH better to avoid a situation you need self-defense than to put yourself into one. If I'm with my mom in a grocery store, sometimes I can totally zone out and just start thinking about things, but if I leave to go to the bathroom or get something from a different aisle, it's like I immediately snap into Real World Mode. Okay, that guy over there, green shirt, jeans. Does he notice me? What's his general body build? File that information away in case you need it in the future. There's lots of people over here but in this section I'm rapidly approaching there's just one guy, doesn't look the guy to be trusted, hurry in and speed your way out.

I'm also keen on sensory details, like noticing the colors in someone's eyes, the pores in someone's skin, making out distinct beats and instruments and emphasis in music, that kind of thing... but if we're going by functions, INFJs use inf-Se. And I'm stressed out a lot of the time, which would make me "in the grip" of my inferior function, which would make sense on the ISFP confusion.

I may try to skim that thread, but I don't know if I'm up for 600 posts right now. XD

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Accidental double post--disregard.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by RisaMoccasin View Post
    I may try to skim that thread, but I don't know if I'm up for 600 posts right now. XD
    Sorry for the confusion. I was definitely not intending to suggest that you read through that thread. It's pretty much just lots of people posting test results. I was just noting that it was a long thread where the great majority of self-typed INTJforum N's have come out "I" (the SLOAN N-equivalent).

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. I was definitely not intending to suggest that you read through that thread. It's pretty much just lots of people posting test results. I was just noting that it was a long thread where the great majority of self-typed INTJforum N's have come out "I" (the SLOAN N-equivalent).
    Ahh, okay. No worries.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

No further input?

I think I've come back to INFJ for the time being, but I'm still uncertain--I'd love input.
    Take my MBTI test, it's only 112 questions.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Take my MBTI test, it's only 112 questions.
    I tried to find a link on your profile or something and did not see one. (which begs the question of if this is sarcastic and I give people too much benefit of the doubt)

Link please?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I tried to find a link on your profile or something and did not see one. (which begs the question of if this is sarcastic and I give people too much benefit of the doubt)

Link please?
    I haven't posted this. I can only send it through private message or some other method.

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I haven't posted this. I can only send it through private message or some other method.
    Then PM me the link? again wondering if I'm just being incredibly dumb

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Then PM me the link? again wondering if I'm just being incredibly dumb
    4w3 is one of those conflicted e-types. Your questioning in the thread above is not dumb, but actually quite introspective and intelligent.

I'll PM you the test.

Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

4w3 is one of those conflicted e-types. Your questioning in the thread above is not dumb, but actually quite introspective and intelligent.

I'll PM you the test.
    Good to know that I'm not just being a blonde. XD (no offense to any blondes that may see this post.)

Sent my message back.