First 23456 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by kikat View Post
    Do you see how my personality may conflict with my hubby, an ISFJ?
    Are you asking me? I have a great deal of experience with the male ISFJ temperament. As technically an IXTP, they don't exactly go together like meat and potatoes. More like pickles and ice cream.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    @kikat

Well, I pretty exclusively study Jung as of late, the original author of this theory. He thought rational types - Te, Fe, Ti, Fi - tended to extract and form judgements about experience with greater propensity than irrational types - Se, Ne, Si, and Ni. With extraverted rationality - Te and Fe - comes a bit of projection of rationale, so it's comfortable 'seeing' what someone is doing wrong, what should be done to complete a task, etc. Jung called it something like "speaking for the pack."

I think extraverted irrationals - Se and Ne - are comfortable expressing perception as well, but it's maybe more of a posteri thing than anything else.

Also, the two aren't mutually exclusive, so there's that as well.
    Both Se and Ne are interested in possibilities, only they are vastly different kinds of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    What does "Ha!" refer to? A 6w5 is socially conflicted because they are intellectually dependent and independent on others at the same time.
    It means I'm not conflicted at all. I was making a bad joke. I do enjoy being social on my own terms, but I don't see myself as intellectually dependent on others.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

It means I'm not conflicted at all. I was making a bad joke. I do enjoy being social on my own terms, but I don't see myself as intellectually dependent on others.
    Where does the mass of contradictions come into play?

Are you asking me? I have a great deal of experience with the male ISFJ temperament. As technically an IXTP, they don't exactly go together like meat and potatoes. More like pickles and ice cream.
    Actually I was! We mesh in some areas but not so good in others. I'm constantly hurting his feelings and half the time I don't realize what the hell I did. I've had problems like this in work too. I've been told I have no idea how I come across to others. P.S. I like the pickles and ice cream analogy.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Actually I was! We mesh in some areas but not so good in others. I'm constantly hurting his feelings and half the time I don't realize what the hell I did. I've had problems like this in work too. I've been told I have no idea how I come across to others. P.S. I like the pickles and ice cream analogy.
    In theory, Ti is a social klutz, while Fe is a master of social manipulation. Si (his dominant) is controlling about leisure activities, they occur on a schedule and only after certain tasks have been taken care of; Se (your auxiliary) is future-oriented in terms of possibilities for spontaneously fun activities. Si will attend a certain event at a certain time, and prefers to engage in pre-planned activities; Se wants to just go and see what happens next.

Where does the mass of contradictions come into play?
    Oh, I just thought I was all over the place. I hate to socialize and talk to people, yet I am outspoken and assertive. I have no problem raising my hand in a room full of 500 people. Then again, I can fake it pretty good when I need too. As for F/T: I can be very emotional at times, yet at the same time I rarely make decisions based on feelings. In regards to J/P: I like to have control and order, yet I am completely scatterbrained and have trouble finishing things. At the same time, I hate rules and traditions. There...a mass contradiction.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

In theory, Ti is a social klutz, while Fe is a master of social manipulation. Si (his dominant) is controlling about leisure activities, they occur on a schedule and only after certain tasks have been taken care of; Se (your auxiliary) is future-oriented in terms of possibilities for spontaneously fun activities. Si will attend a certain event at a certain time, and prefers to engage in pre-planned activities; Se wants to just go and see what happens next.

If you do mesh in certain areas, then it might concern tastes in music or something else not type-related.

Actually, we're flip-flopped. My hubby is more of a spontaneous guy whereas I like to know what I'm getting into. I prefer to engage in preplanned activities.
    See, just when you have me figured out.....

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Actually, we're flip-flopped. My hubby is more of a spontaneous guy whereas I like to know what I'm getting into. I prefer to engage in preplanned activities.
    See, just when you have me figured out.....
    That would also involve your call on your hubby's type. And although your OP seems to group your self-described traits into dichotomies, I doubt that they were grouped correctly.

I have this little typology test...