User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 67

  1. #21
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I'm not esteemed, it's just that I've been doing this for over 20 years.
    Reckon that'll do it

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Oh. Darn. That would have been all the evidence I needed.

    As Mal+ points out, a bit points to ST. Of course, these are your proclaimed traits. They might not be true to yourself, so there's that.

    I think your self-admittance of being controlling or speaking your mind freely is indicative of Te or Fe in the lead position, but I don't think you're an Fe type. Fe types are like that in a sense that they are motherly.
    So, what's function correlates to a (ahem...self-proclaimed) controlling personality? Isn't that more of a Judging trait? I'm starting to think I am more of an S than a N (thanks Mal+). And a good part of me points to a T; however I can take things personally and I do care what people think of me (half of the time). I guess not all characteristics of all cognitive functions hold true for everyone.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Reckon that'll do it
    I'm curious about the hubby's type now. I'm hungry for more information. Kikat?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    What does "screams ENFP" sound like?

    "At lot of times I don't think before speaking and it gets me in trouble (hence my outspoken nature)."

    Introvert.
    Is that an extroverted trait? I was under the impression that some introverts have trouble asserting themselves, and if I'm wrong please correct me. Then again, I really don't like people much.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I'm curious about the hubby's type now. I'm hungry for more information. Kikat?
    My husband is an ISFJ-a tortured musician, of course.

    The funny thing is, he has to drag my butt out to places to socialize.
    And HE thinks I'm too controlling. Go figure.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kikat View Post
    My husband is an ISFJ-a tortured musician, of course.

    The funny thing is, he has to drag my butt out to places to socialize.
    And HE thinks I'm too controlling. Go figure.
    He's projecting.

    At lot of times I don't think before speaking and it gets me in trouble (hence my outspoken nature)."

    Is that an extroverted trait? I was under the impression that some introverts have trouble asserting themselves, and if I'm wrong please correct me. Then again, I really don't like people much.

    No, but if you're more-or-less a-social and internally conflicted, then that points toward introversion. As a 6w5, you're likely conflicted over your relationship with the social realm. The 6 is a follower of others' ideas; the 5 is intellectually independent. An average 5 likes to get out in public, not so much as a social butterfly but just to enjoy the scene and feel socially connected for a while. Average 6s are worried about what others think of them.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    No, but if you're more-or-less a-social and internally conflicted, then that points toward introversion. As a 6w5, you're likely conflicted over your relationship with the social realm. The 6 is a follower of others' ideas; the 5 is intellectually independent. An average 5 likes to get out in public, not so much as a social butterfly but just to enjoy the scene and feel socially connected for a while. Average 6s are worried about what others think of them.
    I am conflicted about the social realm. Ha! I have scored as a 5 instead of a 6 a couple of times. Are thinkers more or less not concerned with what people think of them? As I said, this holds true some of the time; other times not. I'm probably 50/50. I readily show my emotions on my face (at least that's what people tell me) and I can cry when my feelings get hurt. Darn it!

  8. #28

    Default

    Do you see how my personality may conflict with my hubby, an ISFJ?

  9. #29
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kikat View Post
    I am conflicted about the social realm. Ha! I have scored as a 5 instead of a 6 a couple of times. Are thinkers more or less not concerned with what people think of them? As I said, this holds true some of the time; other times not. I'm probably 50/50. I readily show my emotions on my face (at least that's what people tell me) and I can cry when my feelings get hurt. Darn it!
    What does "Ha!" refer to? A 6w5 is socially conflicted because they are intellectually dependent and independent on others at the same time.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #30
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    @kikat

    Well, I pretty exclusively study Jung as of late, the original author of this theory. He thought rational types - Te, Fe, Ti, Fi - tended to extract and form judgements about experience with greater propensity than irrational types - Se, Ne, Si, and Ni. With extraverted rationality - Te and Fe - comes a bit of projection of rationale, so it's comfortable 'seeing' what someone is doing wrong, what should be done to complete a task, etc. Jung called it something like "speaking for the pack."

    I think extraverted irrationals - Se and Ne - are comfortable expressing perception as well, but it's maybe more of a posteri thing than anything else.

    Also, the two aren't mutually exclusive, so there's that as well.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-08-2015, 08:09 AM
  2. If I candidate for a president of United States would you vote for me?
    By hacbad macbar in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2014, 07:06 AM
  3. Living a life of contradiction?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 06:06 AM
  4. Dare you to beat this game.
    By RiderOnTheStorm in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 07:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO