First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by kikat View Post
    It's interesting that both of you labeled me as an extrovert. I guess I thought I could be an introvert because I really hate socializing with others and would prefer to stay home. I really have no interest in making connections with others. However, on the other hand, staying at home for too long by myself makes me depressed. And if I do go out, I do wind up enjoying myself. I also have NO problem speaking my mind and challenging others (I guess, an extroverted trait). I'm always putting my foot in my mouth because I don't think before I speak. I also think aloud all the time (which drives my husband crazy). Maybe I am an extrovert. Hmmm...So, if I'm an extrovert do I HAVE to like most people? Because I really don't. I can fake it really good.
    Well, ENFPs frequently don't identify with "typical" extroverts. With ENFPs, their extroversion can be focused on ideas, concepts, connections, and not necessarily people.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    It could be a facet of either N or P. The same thing can happen for ESxPs who note fast, in-the-moment data that others don't tend to pick up on.
    Hmmm...interesting. Could you give me an example? I'm curious. Most of the time my thoughts can't keep up with my speech. I'll say something that's perfectly clear in my mind, but makes no sense to others. People usually tell me, "Get to the point!" or they're left wondering what the point of the conversation I had with them was.

The J/P difference boils down to how much you try to actively arrange your external environment to suit your needs. A J will try to use their personal influence to change their environment, while a P will prefer to change their personal response to the environment.
    I'm just controlling in nature. I want things to be done my way and I have a hard time letting people do their own thing if I can do it better. It may be a teacher thing.

Well, it seems that you are probably not an FJ, the type that tends to be most conscientious and aware of how they make others feel. FPs tend to be more likely to speak their minds without adjusting to account for others' feelings.
    See, that throws a curveball because I am controlling and I speak my mind. I'm sure I'm coming across as charming! That's why I thought I may be T. I do sound more like an FP in relation to how I come across to others.

I don't really see much that points to you being a T besides your realism, which is easily accounted for by S.
    So, my S (if I am sensing) could be the reason I'm so blunt? I always thought it may be thinking. I think constantly. Whatever type I am, I'd have to have a T trait in my top 3; otherwise it doesn't make sense to me.

Indeed you are a 6 It's also one of the reasons I doubt you're a J.
    Are you going to hold true to that?

[/QUOTE]

WALMART

Do you have red hair, by any chance?

Haha. No. Brunette
    Last edited by kikat; 10-11-2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: tmi

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Everything about this, from the title to the post itself, screams ENFP to me.

Good luck in figuring out your type.
    What does "screams ENFP" sound like?

"I think of myself as an introvert, but I also have no problem opening up to people I don't know well. But sometimes, I will blurt out private information without meaning too and then regret it. At lot of times I don't think before speaking and it gets me in trouble (hence my outspoken nature)."

Introvert.

"I love reading fiction; however sometimes I wonder if my previous job wasn't the right one. I was a reading teacher and I loved it but I hated the ambiguity of it too. I wish I worked with straight facts instead of creating theories in relation to students' reading problems. That's why I'm thinking of extending my degree to teach history instead.

I have a big imagination and enjoy writing fiction. I also am very intuitive of what people are thinking or feeling and a lot of times people are taken aback by my keen sense of observation. "

Sensor.

"I can be very blunt and outspoken, especially on topics that are very important to me. I often times don't realize I hurt other peoples' feelings until it's too late and then I'm often left wondering what the hell I did wrong.... I rarely ask others questions about their own lives because frankly, I don’t care.My husband gets offended because he doesn’t think I care about what he says..."

Thinker (Hubby is a Feeler).

"I also hate making decisions, and once a decision is made, I often second guess it. When I am making a decision, I often do lots of research and compare and contrast information. Rarely do I make a big decision unless it feels logical to me."

Perceiver. That statement ALONE describes S, T, and P. So how in hell does it scream ENFP?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

WALMART

Oh. Darn. That would have been all the evidence I needed.

As Mal+ points out, a bit points to ST. Of course, these are your proclaimed traits. They might not be true to yourself, so there's that.

I think your self-admittance of being controlling or speaking your mind freely is indicative of Te or Fe in the lead position, but I don't think you're an Fe type. Fe types are like that in a sense that they are motherly.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Oh. Darn. That would have been all the evidence I needed.

As Mal+ points out, a bit points to ST. Of course, these are your proclaimed traits. They might not be true to yourself, so there's that.

I think your self-admittance of being controlling or speaking your mind freely is indicative of Te or Fe in the lead position, but I don't think you're an Fe type. Fe types are like that in a sense that they are motherly.
    A LOT points to ST, as well as P. As for E vs. I, most people are somewhere in the middle on that scale.

Infinite Bubble

I don't see EFP really. ISTJ, perhaps. There was evidence for Te > Fi and Si > Ne.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    A LOT points to ST, as well as P. As for E vs. I, most people are somewhere in the middle on that scale.
    Someday I hope to be as esteemed a typist as you to have such faith in my observations.

(half-trollin')

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Someday I hope to be as esteemed a typist as you to have such faith in my observations.

(half-trollin')
    I'm not esteemed, it's just that I've been doing this for over 20 years.