• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What the heck, type me. (video)

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I've reached this point-- of frustration really (so that may come through in the video). I would really like some input on what MBTI type I come across as. From the reading I've done, I feel that I am either INFP or INFJ, but am open to other suggestions too. Yes, yes, I know I should read and understand the functions. Quite frankly, I have to some extent and though I've narrowed it down, still cannot say which are higher priority for me. Perhaps it's because I haven't devoted enough time to it, or perhaps because many of the functions seem similar to me? I do hope to understand the functions one of these days, but for the time being thought I'd go this route.

Observations and questions welcome!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

have you watched videos yet?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm just posting that for now because idk yet... initial thought is infp but i keep second guessing that..

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
maybe infj

i'm just going to shush now

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
i think infj over infp

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...she's not very ne bouncy but hmm...are you portraying yourself correctly? or is the video thing weird at all? you don't actually seem uncomfortable with it.

i say infj too....i feel like also...if you were fi you'd know it.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
idk yet... initial thought is infp but i keep second guessing that

maybe infj

i'm just going to shush now

Haha, you understand how I feel then! I haven't watched that video, but will! Thank you. :) At the point of this video (the 5th or 6th attempt), I'm comfortable. The first few were really rigid and severe seeming because I wasn't used to it yet.

[MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] Thanks for your input, could you expand on why you think INFJ?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha, you understand how I feel then! I haven't watched that video, but will! Thank you. :)
[MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] Thanks for your input, could you expand on why you think INFJ?

haha yeah [MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION] is hard for me too. some people are just trickier...or i'm mixing up different things about them...idk

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd say INFP (though my first instinct/reaction after 30 seconds was INFJ).

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Haha, you understand how I feel then! I haven't watched that video, but will! Thank you. :) At the point of this video (the 5th or 6th attempt), I'm comfortable. The first few were really rigid and severe seeming because I wasn't used to it yet.

your personality, the way you answered the questions, your mannerisms, what you said...everything is very similar to an infj friend of mine. but i can also see enfj for you.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

here's another infp

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, I've reached this point-- of frustration really (so that may come through in the video). I would really like some input on what MBTI type I come across as. From the reading I've done, I feel that I am either INFP or INFJ, but am open to other suggestions too. Yes, yes, I know I should read and understand the functions. Quite frankly, I have to some extent and though I've narrowed it down, still cannot say which are higher priority for me. Perhaps it's because I haven't devoted enough time to it, or perhaps because many of the functions seem similar to me? I do hope to understand the functions one of these days, but for the time being thought I'd go this route.

Observations and questions welcome!

I get an overwhelming INFJ vibe from you. Your face contorts a lot as if you are carefully considering your words. This is a Ti thing. Your focus on roles and appearances sounds more Fe than Fi. While a need of acceptance is felt by both FP and FJ types, FJ types are slightly less adverse to conflict becuase they can voice their opinions easier.
A real give away is your background. You keep a very tidy house.

Percievers like myself find little reason to clean unless there is rotting food or feces…
…that may be extreme…but you get my point, right?

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] Okay, thanks for your input! ENFJ is one I've never considered, mostly because the only letter I'm absolutely certain of is I. I'm very drained by social endeavors and usually am one of the first to leave them-- just so I can get home, breathe and recharge. I have read that INFJ's can seem to walk the line between extroversion and introversion though, so perhaps that's what you are seeing? Also take note that I made this video just in front of myself, so this is my demeanor within close friendships, or when I feel safe.

S

Stansmith

I thought INFJ the second I clicked on your video and saw your facial expression.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting, why INFJ early on, and INFP after seeing the full video? Thanks for your input! :)

I'm still watching actually. Kind of torn. It's a gut reaction. Your eye movement. Your facial expression. Some comments on personal values driving who you are, expectation of directness from others. Also, aren't INFJs pretty tactful? It seems like there is less expressed empathy than INFJs seem to have. I could easily see INFJ though as well in many respects.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get an overwhelming INFJ vibe from you. Your face contorts a lot as if you are carefully considering your words. This is a Ti thing. Your focus on roles and appearances sounds more Fe than Fi. While a need of acceptance is felt by both FP and FJ types, FJ types are slightly less adverse to conflict becuase they can voice their opinions easier.
A real give away is your background. You keep a very tidy house.

Percievers like myself find little reason to clean unless there is rotting food or feces…
…that may be extreme…but you get my point, right?

Thanks so much for explaining your observations and thoughts, not only is this helpful in realizing my type but in understanding tangible examples of function use! Haha, yes I do like to keep my living space in order for the most part-- though I've found my definition of "order" different from that of others sometimes.

I do get your point! Haha, that makes me think certain people I know might be perceivers. :)
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] Fascinating, what was it about my expression?

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'd say INFJ. Like Lady X said, I think you'd know it if you used Fi, and you don't seem like a dominant feeler to me.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] Yes, I suppose this is the frustrating part about making a video though. I started off by listing what I related to about INFP, and then went on a tangent and forgot to list what I related to about INFJ. :doh: Can you think of any questions I could answer to help clear up the close tie this seems to be?
[MENTION=17424]decrescendo[/MENTION] Thanks for chiming in! I'm not sure if I mentioned this in the video, but I actually can relate to Fi (I think?) or at least potentially more than to Fe. Being very aware of how others make me feel, basing judgments on my own ideals, and I tend to be able to tell truth even if its going to hurt someone's feelings (though I try to be as gentle about it as I can). That said, I think I am a bit softer hearted than I realize or would like to admit.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] Yes, I suppose this is the frustrating part about making a video though. I started off by listing what I related to about INFP, and then went on a tangent and forgot to list what I related to about INFJ. :doh: Can you think of any questions I could answer to help clear up the close tie this seems to be?

Sure. Which do you relate to more - option 1 or option 2?

Option 1
“Harmonious relationships”
• Affirming others
• Enabling affiliation
• Attuning to the group mood

Option 2
“Utter importance”
• Discerning and discriminating
• Assessing the emotional risk involved
• Evaluating the worth of items, ideas and people