User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I'm sorry to keep disagreeing with stuffs but I don't see either being a martyr tho I think both are capable of huge personal sacrifice based on their personal values.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

^ Well, if you Google infj martyr, you'll see that the association of INFJs with a martyr streak isn't an original idea of mine.

And it may be worth noting that INFJs' closest cousins on the S side are the ISFJs, who are probably the types most often described as vulnerable to being taken advantage of as a result of their strong service-to-others streak.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    The ones I've seen on here or on tape seem like the type to stand their ground in a conflict, although maybe they just come off that way in the privacy of their own homes.
    That is a good point, I could totally buy my comfort with conflict being due in part to my tritype and even instinctual variant.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    ^ Well, if you Google infj martyr, you'll see that the association of INFJs with a martyr streak isn't an original idea of mine.

And it may be worth noting that INFJs' closest cousins on the S side are the ISFJs, who are probably the types most often described as vulnerable to being taken advantage of as a result of their strong service-to-others streak.
    I googled INFP martyr and came up with this:
    INFP-"the martyr"- This type tends to sacrifice themselves in an effort to promote their peculiar sense of truth.

Then I googled ENFP martyr and came up with this:
    My ENFp has martyr tendencies. She has a way to take blame for anything she did not do or can not have controlled

Then I googled ENFJ martyr and found this:
    ENFjs are the self-sacrificial martyrs of the types
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I googled INFP martyr and came up with this:
    INFP-"the martyr"- This type tends to sacrifice themselves in an effort to promote their peculiar sense of truth.

Then I googled ENFP martyr and came up with this:
    My ENFp has martyr tendencies. She has a way to take blame for anything she did not do or can not have controlled

Then I googled ENFJ martyr and found this:
    ENFjs are the self-sacrificial martyrs of the types
    Um, yeah, OK. So if you're happy to find one anonymous quote, I'd guess you could find something on the internetz to support just about any position. And your point is...?

As I understand it, as among the NFs, INFJs are the ones most often described in terms of a potential martyr streak, and that's also consistent with my forum type-me experiences and my RL experience.

For whatever anybody thinks that's worth.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    also...this one is sooo good. please watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    @Lady X, wow that is great. It totally makes me think of a similar interaction I had with an INFJ who was also a four, and it played out in the exact same way. Thanks so much for posting that.
    @small.wonder, I would say watch the video above and decide which one you relate to more. It really shows the difference between the types.
    Yes, this is actually one of the first videos I watched in my search for the difference between INFP and INFJ, and though I can see the marked difference between them as individuals it's still difficult to choose only one set of behaviors for myself.

I would do as the woman did in regards to sitting on the couch in the beginning-- asking if it was kosher (I actually think I do that a lot). I've always felt like I lived by a "code of honor" (I know that's cheesy), but respect is a huge part of that.

That said, I would (and have) totally go of on a visceral rant about a topic of importance to me if I felt it applied-- my question though, is isn't this a 4 trait too?

I would also re-assure anyone who felt like they talked too long, but I'd never outright lie. I'd probably say, "yeah, it was long but it was valuable insight because ____, _____ and _____."
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Enneagram
    9w8

Maybe you're neither. Maybe you're an INTJ.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    Um, yeah, OK. So if you're happy to find one anonymous quote, I'd guess you could find something on the internetz to support just about any position. And your point is...?

As I understand it, as among the NFs, INFJs are the ones most often described in terms of a potential martyr streak, and that's also consistent with my forum type-me experiences and my RL experience.

For whatever anybody thinks that's worth.
    I have a martyr streak.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I already asked her about organization, and she said she likes everything in its place. Also, if you look in the background, you can tell her house is immaculate.
    sorry I asked
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

@small.wonder where are you reading the descriptions about the types?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12