User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 140

  1. #91
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    I'm sorry to keep disagreeing with stuffs but I don't see either being a martyr tho I think both are capable of huge personal sacrifice based on their personal values.

  2. #92
    Senior Member reckful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    559

    Default

    ^ Well, if you Google infj martyr, you'll see that the association of INFJs with a martyr streak isn't an original idea of mine.

    And it may be worth noting that INFJs' closest cousins on the S side are the ISFJs, who are probably the types most often described as vulnerable to being taken advantage of as a result of their strong service-to-others streak.

  3. #93
    So she did. small.wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    The ones I've seen on here or on tape seem like the type to stand their ground in a conflict, although maybe they just come off that way in the privacy of their own homes.
    That is a good point, I could totally buy my comfort with conflict being due in part to my tritype and even instinctual variant.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

  4. #94
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    ^ Well, if you Google infj martyr, you'll see that the association of INFJs with a martyr streak isn't an original idea of mine.

    And it may be worth noting that INFJs' closest cousins on the S side are the ISFJs, who are probably the types most often described as vulnerable to being taken advantage of as a result of their strong service-to-others streak.
    I googled INFP martyr and came up with this:
    INFP-"the martyr"- This type tends to sacrifice themselves in an effort to promote their peculiar sense of truth.

    Then I googled ENFP martyr and came up with this:
    My ENFp has martyr tendencies. She has a way to take blame for anything she did not do or can not have controlled

    Then I googled ENFJ martyr and found this:
    ENFjs are the self-sacrificial martyrs of the types
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #95
    Senior Member reckful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I googled INFP martyr and came up with this:
    INFP-"the martyr"- This type tends to sacrifice themselves in an effort to promote their peculiar sense of truth.

    Then I googled ENFP martyr and came up with this:
    My ENFp has martyr tendencies. She has a way to take blame for anything she did not do or can not have controlled

    Then I googled ENFJ martyr and found this:
    ENFjs are the self-sacrificial martyrs of the types
    Um, yeah, OK. So if you're happy to find one anonymous quote, I'd guess you could find something on the internetz to support just about any position. And your point is...?

    As I understand it, as among the NFs, INFJs are the ones most often described in terms of a potential martyr streak, and that's also consistent with my forum type-me experiences and my RL experience.

    For whatever anybody thinks that's worth.

  6. #96
    So she did. small.wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    also...this one is sooo good. please watch it.

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    @Lady X, wow that is great. It totally makes me think of a similar interaction I had with an INFJ who was also a four, and it played out in the exact same way. Thanks so much for posting that.
    @small.wonder, I would say watch the video above and decide which one you relate to more. It really shows the difference between the types.
    Yes, this is actually one of the first videos I watched in my search for the difference between INFP and INFJ, and though I can see the marked difference between them as individuals it's still difficult to choose only one set of behaviors for myself.

    I would do as the woman did in regards to sitting on the couch in the beginning-- asking if it was kosher (I actually think I do that a lot). I've always felt like I lived by a "code of honor" (I know that's cheesy), but respect is a huge part of that.

    That said, I would (and have) totally go of on a visceral rant about a topic of importance to me if I felt it applied-- my question though, is isn't this a 4 trait too?

    I would also re-assure anyone who felt like they talked too long, but I'd never outright lie. I'd probably say, "yeah, it was long but it was valuable insight because ____, _____ and _____."
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

  7. #97
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Maybe you're neither. Maybe you're an INTJ.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  8. #98
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    Um, yeah, OK. So if you're happy to find one anonymous quote, I'd guess you could find something on the internetz to support just about any position. And your point is...?

    As I understand it, as among the NFs, INFJs are the ones most often described in terms of a potential martyr streak, and that's also consistent with my forum type-me experiences and my RL experience.

    For whatever anybody thinks that's worth.
    I have a martyr streak.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #99
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I already asked her about organization, and she said she likes everything in its place. Also, if you look in the background, you can tell her house is immaculate.
    sorry I asked
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  10. #100
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    @small.wonder where are you reading the descriptions about the types?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] INFJ... What the heck is going on??
    By Arclight in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-26-2013, 09:17 PM
  2. This Is It - The Final Type Me! (At Least For Now . . .)
    By Savage Idealist in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 06:52 PM
  3. what the heck?
    By INTP in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 04:23 PM
  4. What the heck am I?
    By CuriousFeeling in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 04:54 PM
  5. Type me? (Video included!)
    By HotpinkHeatwave in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 09:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO