Hello, most often than not I score as ExFP or IxFP. If I answer the questions with my past childhood and tween self, and my ideal self I score as an E. However, if I answer the questions influenced by my present-day shy self, I score as an I. Can you help me identify my type?
Why i think I might be an I:
- Around age of 13 I got moody/depressed/shy. My shyness continues even to this day (I'm 25). That leads to frustration as I have no meaning connections that I crave. My heart says "I want a lot of friends", yet my shy/depressed/anxious mind kicks in and says "They won't like you, you're no longer cool."
- I am afraid of talking on the phone and I mess up my words.
- I don't like crowded spaces, cities, buses.
- I think strangers (except hot girls ) that stare at me don't like me. However, I'd much rather have strangers of the smaller town/village type that say 'Hi' than ones that are cold and ignore me or stare at me without saying 'Hi' like large-city ones.
Why I think I might be an E:
- I have always needed attention to thrive.
- Up to age 12 I loved talking at the phone; I talked for hours with my friends.
- The only way I'd enjoy activities like reading/gaming/writing poetry/browsing the Internet is if I share them with at least one other person. I feel disconnected from the world and bored when I'm on my own.
- Even now I hate being ignored. I want to throw things at people that ignore me. I want beautiful girls on the street to notice me.
- I find email/online communication too impersonal; I wish I had my confidence back so that I'd be better at talking on the phone/face-to-face communication instead.
- Unlike Introverts that need their 'alone time' to retreat, my ideal retreat-from-society situation includes other people, like 1-2 other people standing by me. I don't like alone time as I start to depress myself with thoughts 'Oh not again, I'm alone again, I want a gf so that I can hug and kiss her all the time.' or 'I want to have a buddy or two now with me so I can talk to them, I'm so lonely'. I hate seeing group of friends because I'm envious of what they have and I miss what I used to have and they make me feel even lonelier. I also envy couples in love. I think lots of friends and a girlfriend/wife that loves me is all I want and need in life.
Why I think I'm most likely an xxFP:
I'm not sure on the second letter either - as I kid I focused on the visible world, what was there. Yet, I liked fantasizing about things and as my age progressed I became ever more dreamy.
Although my loneliness makes me think way too much for my taste I'm more of an F - I definitely prefer feeling over thinking. I don't like going too deep into topics and subjects - I used to like cars until I knew all the models and makes, and their background. Now they bore me. The less I know about something the more I like it.
P - I tend to withhold judgment and delay important decisions, preferring to "keep my options open" should circumstances change.
BTW, about my username - I'm not sporty at all as I'm too lazy, but I wish to be because I turn unused energy into negative thoughts these days. I chose my username on wishful thinking lol. I also think a lot of sporty people are not the jerks that teen movies show them to be so I'd like having friends like that.
Thanks for your attention and fell free to ask me questions!