• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is my mother's type?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've tried to type my mom, but somehow I have troubles. I thought she is an ISFJ, but oh so stereotypical. It seems to be very typical "mother" type, but I think it might be just a myth and our moms want to be seen as ISFJs by their children. So I thought I could use some more objectivity in typing her, I'll try to do my best describing her.
Since I can remember as a little kid my mom's always been very reserved with few close friends. I remember, that the only "non members" of our family, that were invited into our home were my godmother and our close neighbor. She always holds her privecy extremly carefull. Even I as her only child know just a little about her past, friends... Sometimes I feel like she has to be a super secret agent, or something like this :D :D .
Even though she is reserved she always gets along great with others. She can be talkative, nice and adapt to situation and people around her. But she also has some kind of neurotic and angry side, which seems to be activated when someone tries to doubt her opinions. She can be extremly protective over her own ideas and thoughts and she can be pretty tuff arguing oponent. She seems to argue based on lot of facts she knows. I'd say she had to be the typical geek when she was a kid...She reads tons of books, scientific magazines and she has a wierd obsession about universe, physic's theories, but she also knows so much about history, art... She can be really very geeky and knows much about different things and subjects. Even though she likes to argue, I'd say she is very submissive and always just adapt and go along with needs of others, even thought it's not always totally what she wants. We share our common hobbies for traveling, art, music,... Even thought my mother seemed to be very security oriented and she needs tons of stability and harmony to feel good, she loves to discover new things. She even went into pretty exotic journeys into other continents. She likes to discover new coultures and people, she even studied for travel manager and she really wanted to work into the area of tourism. She's also very artistic and has a great eye for what is aesthetic and stylish. Sometimes she reads designer, or art magazines just to get some inspiration how she could make our home a bit more aesthetic. Really aranging our flat and keeping it nice and good loking is the way of her self expression. But sometimes it seems to be wierd, 'cause she tends to be overly perfectionistic about little details. And what is crazy about my mom...she's total workoholic. I can't imagine her not doing anything. She says the worst thing is doing nothing and not developing yourself and your abilities. She hates laziness and lightheartedness. She is always very hard working to make her best, even if she is not satisfied with her job, she always makes 100% work.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wish I could help on the typing, but your mom sounds like a really cool lady! No wonder you turned out so cool too : )

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wish I could help on the typing, but your mom sounds like a really cool lady! No wonder you turned out so cool too : )

How do you do it, that you always say such a nice things? I whish to have this abality like you! :)

W

WALMART

She actually sounds isxj, lol.

Which is funny, cause yeah - usually I make fun of the fact that everyone types their parents SJ.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She actually sounds isxj, lol.

Which is funny, cause yeah - usually I make fun of the fact that everyone types their parents SJ.

I was actually thinking IxFJ... I think she might be an INFJ. Maybe that thing that seems as a geeky T, is just a curious N? If she really would be an ISTJ and I would consider my type as most likely xNFP, that means I was basicly raised by my shadow type... funny :D .