• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ or INFJ? Dating Site Description

bcoz14

MBTI Type
ENFP
Help me figure out my type! Here's my self-description from a dating site I just started using:

Our ideal first date would be a picnic under a tree by a pond or a creek. If you had a dog, I'd encourage you to bring him/her.

I'd bring the food--in preparation, I'd ask you what you don't like and what food you normally eat. I'd craft some Hors d'oeuvres for us and bring them in a pic-a-nic basket with some wine and a patterned blanket. Inside the pic-a-nic basket there would also be some clever (and probably nerdy) gadgets like some sporks and a fancy cork-screw swiss army knife.

I'll ask you to lay the blanket down under the tree, and as you're doing so, I'll reveal a neat little speaker from the basket which I'll plug into my phone. Then I'll place it by the tree and put on some French cafe-style music, like "Hot Club Sandwich" and "Seth-Ford Young."

As we're preparing the picnic, I'll want to ask some rather blunt questions about you that I've been thinking about after sizing you up since meeting you. But of course, I've had years of practice in warming people up before getting to such personal topics. But small talk can still be a struggle.

Eventually, we might end up talking about some pretty deep topics related to psychology, philosophy, our purposes in life, why your best friend is your best friend, how our parents affected us, etc.

And I might even take on the role of a therapist or confidante, even when I first meet you. You might reveal some insecurities and past events that are very dear to you, and I'll warmly appreciate the fact that you feel comfortable and trust me enough to do so. I really enjoy getting to know people intimately, and the more intimately I know you, the more compassion I'll feel for you. On the other hand, there are few people I feel comfortable sharing my true self with, and I'm slow to reveal myself to strangers.

Sometime during our date, if I haven't already done so numerous times upon meeting you, I'll do something highly awkward, like excuse myself from our picnic so I can relieve myself in the nearby bushes. When I return, I'll apologize and attempt to pick up where we left off.

Somewhere during our conversation, flirty things will happen. I might make a bad pun and then follow it with a naughty gaze. I might actually ask you to repeat yourself because I was distracted by your beauty, and tell you so. You might tease me for the way I say "pellow" (pillow) and "melk" (milk). Or maybe the wine will just get to us ;-)

Now the dry facts about me:

I'm strict about what I like and what I will and will not do. However, I will not tell you what you should like or what you should or shouldn't do, unless you ask me.

There's not enough time in the world to learn all the things I want to learn and master all the skills I want to master.

I'm studying Psychology in college, but on the side I'm learning Tech skills such as website design and computer programming (via MOOCs). I look forward to working with a young, energetic StartUp in California (really idealistic, I know!) related to education or directly helping people live their lives better. I'm totally willing to intern or work for a non-profit as well.

If an opportunity presented itself, I'd definitely start up a company. It would most likely be related to bringing out the potential in people (like teaching Emotional Intelligence to children) or helping people find passion and meaning in life (like this website).

I absolutely love parties with a bunch of people that I'm already familiar with. However, a party with mostly strangers is often too much stimulation for me to handle, and sometimes I'll freeze up and withdraw when in places like nightclubs. I need more time to get to know people before I can feel comfortable around them.

I read some strange books. I read books on topics including fitness and nutrition, philosophy, self-help, psychology, mindfulness meditation, and some business books. Currently, I have 124 books saved in my Amazon shopping cart (mostly nonfiction) that I plan on reading sometime in my life...

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Are INTJ and INFJ the only things we get to pick from? Have you considered any other possibilities? To tell you the truth, I think I'd need to interact with you a bit before making the call.

bcoz14

MBTI Type
ENFP
I put those two types in the title because it was straight-forward. But I'm totally open to being typed as any other type. :)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Hahaha...okay, in that case, I'll be back. Of course, I may not know anything when I get here, but I'll pretend like I do anyway and we can have fun trying to figure you out, or at least a reasonable facsimile thereof.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I sense significant Fe-use in your description, with a bit more N than S: so some kind of NFJ perhaps?

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Out of the 2 you offer I lean more to INFJ but you may want to look into INFP as well?

bcoz14

MBTI Type
ENFP
Out of the 2 you offer I lean more to INFJ but you may want to look into INFP as well?

Thanks for the feedback. Why do you say INFP?

bcoz14

MBTI Type
ENFP
I sense significant Fe-use in your description, with a bit more N than S: so some kind of NFJ perhaps?

Good feedback. After reading more about Fe, I see what you mean.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my guess is infj....just cuz us p's don't usually even plan the dates with people we know to that extent.