User Tag List

First 234

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post

and baths are like a whole experience starry...it's not about being clean or looking nice...it's like a zen thing.

edit: just joking there about my infp...i actually really really like being clean.

This is how I feel and I am very much not kidding. I've gone total-european now. I only get in water for swimming...I tried to surf a little this summer but lets not talk about that...or for zen reasons...or if my muscles ache. The chances of me using soap during those times are dwindling haha.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh that's awesome. i want to learn to surf so much....
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Do you mean than NFJs are not as involved in eating as Si users, or that they don't do cooking? I'm still trying to work out the difference between Se and Si. I have noticed that Si dominants tend to really pursue complexity in food, and may use it as a substitute for sex. Perhaps it reflects Xe as breadth (of sensation in the case of S) and Xi as depth? I know I enjoy elaborately seasoned and flavorful food, but I'm just as happy with simple food. And I like cooking, but it's more for the process than creating something creative as opposed to simple.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh that's awesome. i want to learn to surf so much....
    Me too...
    I can only imagine being free among the waves, as I live inland quite a ways.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Do you mean than NFJs are not as involved in eating as Si users, or that they don't do cooking? I'm still trying to work out the difference between Se and Si. I have noticed that Si dominants tend to really pursue complexity in food, and may use it as a substitute for sex. Perhaps it reflects Xe as breadth (of sensation in the case of S) and Xi as depth? I know I enjoy elaborately seasoned and flavorful food, but I'm just as happy with simple food. And I like cooking, but it's more for the process than creating something creative as opposed to simple.
    oh no greenfairy... please keep in mind that this is just something I've personally noticed and mentioned it just to be stupid. I highly doubt I've hit on anything scientifically accurate here.

In my personal experience NFJs love to eat (I'm going to specify males though merely because I can think of a few NFJ females that seriously ate like pigeons. The NFJ females in my family all ate well...except my grandmother would always indicate she 'enjoyed a liquid diet' of vino & brandy which is a truthful statement...) However, the cooking side of things did seem confusing for them. The same could be said about my father though as INTJ. I remember a few instances when my mother went out of town when we were very young and us kids were sustained on an entire side of beef and an onion every single night for a week or so (my father eventually taught himself how to cook though and my mother gave up on it never having enjoyed it in the first place.)

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    oh no greenfairy... please keep in mind that this is just something I've personally noticed and mentioned it just to be stupid. I highly doubt I've hit on anything scientifically accurate here.

In my personal experience NFJs love to eat (I'm going to specify males though merely because I can think of a few NFJ females that seriously ate like pigeons. The NFJ females in my family all ate well...except my grandmother would always indicate she 'enjoyed a liquid diet' of vino & brandy which is a truthful statement...) However, the cooking side of things did seem confusing for them. The same could be said about my father though as INTJ. I remember a few instances when my mother went out of town when we were very young and us kids were sustained on an entire side of beef and an onion every single night for a week or so (my father eventually taught himself how to cook though and my mother gave up on it never having enjoyed it in the first place.)
    That's a funny story. I do think there's something here with Se and Si, but you're right, it's risky to read too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    That's a funny story. I do think there's something here with Se and Si, but you're right, it's risky to read too much into it.
    Oh I do too actually. I'm still in the process of attempting to understand inferior Si in spite of truly and thoroughly enjoying a lifetime of *pure bliss* that I'm assuming only inferior Si can provide a person.

I've also had the pleasure of watching tert/inferior Se at work during this same lifetime and have seen some fascinating disconnects between something I'm guessing is Ni-related and 'practical application.'

*But again...I'm just talking about my personal experience.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I think you said 2 opposite things... You see... Ne type can enjoy meals and baths without necessarily being a sensor. I wasn't saying that all Ne types enjoy good meals, I was saying you can enjoy good meal and be an Ne type. All sheeps are black, but not all sheep are jumping... But those who are jumping are still sheep. You know what I mean?
    And about bath... I love baths a great opportunity to think about meaning of life . Everyone needs a bath...see? we all are just people. We need food and baths no metter if we are Se, or Ne. Unity!

Blasphemers, ye who'd usurp the institution that shackles us all.