• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chandler's Type!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:D I felt like making a thread to see what other people thought what my type could be. More for fun than anything, although I want to see more reasoning why Elfboy thinks what he does...
[MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION], [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION], [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION], [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION], [MENTION=14676]Ism[/MENTION], [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION], [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION], [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION], [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION], and anyone else who may have observed my behavior over here I summon thee!

MBTI

Currently Typed As: ENFP
Other Possibilities: ESFJ (with good Ne), ENFJ

I think EF is for sure. I'm fairly confident with my typing as ENFP but I just want to see how many people think otherwise. I mean maybe I could be this forum's official ESFJ? ;) There's hardly any of them here.

Enneagram

Currently Typed As: 7w6(sw6w5)
Other Possibilities: 6w7(sw7w8)

Apparently I seem more superego compared to most 7s. I think so/sx is definite - I'm not sure how out of character a social 7 is but. :shrug: I'd love to hear skylights's thoughts on this especially as she's an ENFP 6w7>2w3>9w1 so/sx so I'd basically be ripping her off.

Socionics

Currently Typed As: IEE-Fi
Other Possibilities: ESE-Si

Apparently I'm less low key than I think to be a Delta. I think in most situations I'm a pretty low-maintenance and calm person but apparently I seem highly social too?

Anyway, I suck at finding questionnaires and stuff so just ask me questions and I'll do my best to answer! Elfboy, I expected PARAGRAPHS AMONG PARAGRAPHS I started a thread just for you. :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You actually don't vibe N all that strongly -- but I have no cause to question ENFP 7w6. :shrug:

As for the skylights comparison, I for sure see more 7 in you than 6. No evidence but vibe and style of interaction, though...

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You actually don't vibe N all that strongly -- but I have no cause to question ENFP 7w6. :shrug:

As for the skylights comparison, I for sure see more 7 in you than 6. No evidence but vibe and style of interaction, though...

:rly???: Hmm, I just felt like playing around with the idea of being non-ENFP but that's interesting to hear. Could you expand upon that? So I seem more S-ish? Maybe I should make a video and see what people think. Yeah, I always thought I seemed more 7-ish compared to her; she has a more calm, soothing aura about her while my aura is more scattered and happy-go-lucky.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based on vibe, ESFJ 2w3 so/sx.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Based on vibe, ESFJ 2w3 so/sx.

Ahh, my best friend's type.
daydreaming.gif
Perhaps that French skank has rubbed off on me quite a bit over the past years. I should make a post later comparing and contrasting ourselves.

Is it anything in particular? Or just purely vibe?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not ESE pls he's not controlling enough

His vibe is more "let live and let do", something I associate with the EP temperament. He doesn't actively try to control the emotional atmosphere; he doesn't call people out and say "this is how you should feel, what you're feeling is spoiling the mood". When he does try to "control", it's usually a result of getting his answers after asking questions (Ne).

Anyway, just because he's very happy and positive doesn't mean he's Fe dom. I just think that his upbeat positivity is a result of "Do not do unto others as you expect they should do unto you" which I pretty much know is one of his values. Of course people are going to be nice to him because he's so nice himself!

Have you ever seen a certain cuntrolling douchebag be responded to nicely if we were to follow the "Do not do unto others as you expect they should do unto you" logic?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ahh, my best friend's type.
daydreaming.gif
Perhaps that French skank has rubbed off on me quite a bit over the past years. I should make a post later comparing and contrasting ourselves.
Good idea, that would be interesting.

I don't know you well enough to go beyond the superficial traits, but 7s tend to be considerably more uncensored and flamboyant, and 6s are usually more analytical and skeptical. E2 works perfectly in my head, otoh.

ESFJ was more a matter of elimination, mostly. I don't see Fi at all, and I'm somewhat sensitive to it.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not ESE pls he's not controlling enough

His vibe is more "let live and let do", something I associate with the EP temperament. He doesn't actively try to control the emotional atmosphere; he doesn't call people out and say "this is how you should feel, what you're feeling is spoiling the mood". When he does try to "control", it's usually a result of getting his answers after asking questions (Ne).

Anyway, just because he's very happy and positive doesn't mean he's Fe dom. I just think that his upbeat positivity is a result of "Do not do unto others as you expect they should do unto you" which I pretty much know is one of his values. Of course people are going to be nice to him because he's so nice himself!

Have you ever seen a certain cuntrolling douchebag be responded to nicely if we were to follow the "Do not do unto others as you expect they should do unto you" logic?

You know me too well. :hug: I'm all about the "treat others the way you would want to be treated rule" and I'm pretty sure I've followed it my whole life unless I get into an argument with someone. I usually let people go about their business though. I don't really question someone's values unless they're dangerous to someone other than themselves or they're being shoved in my face. I feel like having a strong 2 fix coupled with being sw6w5 and so/sx makes me seem really Fe. Dunno.

Yeah, I'm pretty pushy with questions. Well not pushy - I just ask a lot. Sometimes I'm talking to my new college friends and then realize I sound more like I'm interviewing them. I can go on and on about them with their own lives but they never ask about mine and even when I bring up up something about me they just dismiss it with something small. It's just like you assholes let me talk about myself the way I let you talk about yourselves. :ranting:

Good idea, that would be interesting.

I'll post it when I'm feeling up to it. :newwink:

I don't know you well enough to go beyond the superficial traits, but 7s tend to be considerably more uncensored and flamboyant, and 6s are usually more analytical and skeptical. E2 works perfectly in my head, otoh.

Hmm. :thinking: I'm trying to process this. I wouldn't consider myself censored or anything. Everything I say is pretty genuine, I just have a nicer way of framing things. I don't know why, really. I'm just a naturally light person in that regard. I don't really have any desire to do anything excessively or flamboyantly. I don't really believe in intensifying anything like that for the sake of flamboyance - I just take things as they are and enjoy them while I can. I always perceived flamboyance as "fake" or something around those lines. I don't believe in showing off or anything, because who I am as a person just revolves around me. People can take me or leave me, as long as I find the right people in life to be at my side I'm fine. :D

ESFJ was more a matter of elimination, mostly. I don't see Fi at all, and I'm somewhat sensitive to it.

But at the same time I'm sensitive to Fe. Can Fe be sensitive to Fe as well? Or Fi sensitive to Fi? I'm sure it comes in all shapes and sizes. I tend to relate more to the Fi side of things when it comes to the Fi feeling suppressed by Fe or whatever.

Thanks, though. I appreciate your thoughts. :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:rly???: Hmm, I just felt like playing around with the idea of being non-ENFP but that's interesting to hear. Could you expand upon that? So I seem more S-ish? Maybe I should make a video and see what people think. Yeah, I always thought I seemed more 7-ish compared to her; she has a more calm, soothing aura about her while my aura is more scattered and happy-go-lucky.
Your description of your auras is pretty much exactly why I don't think you're the same Enneagram type. :yes: Beyond that... It's less that you seem S-ish, but that I don't get a slap-me-over-the-head Ne/Fi vibe from you. I think [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION] is a good example who just seems REALLY ENFP when you meet her -- something about her style of writing and of interaction. Some other ENFPs on the forum have similar vibes, but you don't, IMO. But this is where the skylights comparison actually works: With the two of you being so/sx, you're by nature much less flamboyant than if you were sx-first -- or at least, less intense, and more controlled. Instead, you're cordial and friendly and nice to just about everyone, in a way that might evoke SFJ to people -- especially when you add in the focus on networks and hierarchies inherent in being social-first.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
7s tend to be considerably more uncensored and flamboyant

Naranjo would like to have a word with you.

Character and Neurosis said:
Enneatype II, in this Fourth Way characterology is one that I have characterized through the paradox of an egocentric generosity and corresponds to the histrionic personality of DSM III. Representative individuals are usually hedonistic, light-hearted and rebellious in the face of anything rigid or restrictions on their freedom.

Compare this to 7:

Character and Neurosis said:
The caricature in point 7 has, instead of a head, what seems to be wiring. It suggests living in fantasy and a tendency to forget in real world through an absorption in planning and scheming.

I'm pretty sure our Chandler here schemes for everything. We were talking about weddings one day and he said that he had to think of everything -- from who he's going to marry, to how the wedding is going to look like, who's going to be there, what's on the menu, what are the activities that are going to happen etc.

So before you open your mouth about someone, how about you try to know them a little better?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your description of your auras is pretty much exactly why I don't think you're the same Enneagram type. :yes: Beyond that... It's less that you seem S-ish, but that I don't get a slap-me-over-the-head Ne/Fi vibe from you. I think [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION] is a good example who just seems REALLY ENFP when you meet her -- something about her style of writing and of interaction. Some other ENFPs on the forum have similar vibes, but you don't, IMO. But this is where the skylights comparison actually works: With the two of you being so/sx, you're by nature much less flamboyant than if you were sx-first -- or at least, less intense, and more controlled. Instead, you're cordial and friendly and nice to just about everyone, in a way that might evoke SFJ to people -- especially when you add in the focus on networks and hierarchies inherent in being social-first.

(If you see this [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION], I'm not trying to be creepy like claiming you as my spirit animal or anything [I could only be so lucky :devil:]. I just thought with the claim of me being 6w7 you'd make a good person to position myself next to so you could spot the differences and similarities)

Ahh! I see what you mean here. It's interesting how instinct variants can come into play with MBTI types. I'd like to see descriptions of how they change the shade of those types like the Oceanmoonshine profiles.

I agree with what you said in the end bit though. I've always thought of myself as a very Fe-ish ENFP. Plus I test well on Fe on cognitive functions test. If I had to rank my functions, it'd be somewhere along the lines of Ne≥Fi>Fe>Te≥Si>Ni>Ti>Se. It's odd how much I personally relate to Ne and Fi descriptions compared to how much people see them in me.

Also, I've noticed this pattern of people debating whether someone is one or the other of the second and fourth letter. For example, I remember in the Jennifer Lawrence thread it was fairly split between ESFP and ENFJ. And in a thread that was possibly on PerC I remember people were debating between ENTJ and ESTP. And then in a Sword Art Online section of an anime typing thread people were wondering if Asuna was ENFP or ESFJ. And I swear I saw ISTP/INTJ mistypings somewhere. So the first and third letters are usually agreed upon but the second and fourth are more debatable. It's strange. I'm sure being EF, IF, ET, and IT gives you a certain "vibe" that is generally agreed upon.

Edit: Haha [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] WOAH THERE TIGER

(Aww, now you got me thinking about my wedding again. Where is my future husband I need his ass soon)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So before you open your mouth about someone, how about you try to know them a little better?
First, he asked me to elaborate:

Second, you didn't prove anything by quoting Naranjo. You're assuming that what he said is totally valid, plus that you have correctly applied the theory.

Third, I mentioned that I don't know him well enough:

I don't know you well enough to go beyond the superficial traits[...]

Fourth, I wasn't talking to you.

Bye.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Edit: Haha [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] WOAH THERE TIGER

(Aww, now you got me thinking about my wedding again. Where is my future husband I need his ass soon)

You needed an ass?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're a lot like Elfboy. Surely that points towards ENFP. If you want real verification however, post a questionare, or better yet a video.

Starry

Haha Chanaynay... are we talking Chandler from the show Friends? I need to say that that show kinda weirded me out for some reason. BUT if this is the Chandler we are now discussing...

ESFJ ultra phobic 6w7 so/sp

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha Chanaynay... are we talking Chandler from the show Friends? I need to say that that show kinda weirded me out for some reason. BUT if this is the Chandler we are now discussing...

ESFJ ultra phobic 6w7 so/sp

Is that what you actually think? :shock: I'd like to hear why, especially since I thought you agreed with my so/sx typing.

(Also I love Friends)

Edit: Oh, you mean this is what you think of Chandler from Friends? Usually everyone pegs him as ENTP! 6w7 so/sp sounds about right haha. But no I meant for me. Chandler "Chanaynay" get it? :D It's more of like a "what if" thread than anything. I'm pretty positive I'm an ENFP but why not play around with the other ideas and see what people think?

You're a lot like Elfboy. Surely that points towards ENFP. If you want real verification however, post a questionare, or better yet a video.

I would have posted a questionnaire but I'm lazy. I was hoping people would just shoot me questions! But maybe I will make a video soon. ;)

Just wondering, what parts of me are similar to Elfboy? I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm an alien from outer space and I would probably nod in agreement most of the time.

Starry

Is that what you actually think? :shock: I'd like to hear why, especially since I thought you agreed with my so/sx typing.

(Also I love Friends)

Oh God everyone loved Friends...I know I'm a minority in every way... but I very much loved the show Seinfeld. <-I would follow with a 'does that count?' but I'm not picking-up a huge 'Seinfeld vibe' from you... (I'm secretly hoping I'm wrong and you're a huge closet Seinfled fan)

Is it okay if I do not see you and Chandler as being alike? (nervous)

Your energy reflects precisely what I would expect from an ENFP 7 so/sx. Smooth forward flowing energy. Chandler as a 6 and a so/sp is fussy. He gets tied-up with feelings /nervous energy and then he has (comical) outbursts.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh God everyone loved Friends...I know I'm a minority in every way... but I very much loved the show Seinfeld. <-I would follow with a 'does that count?' but I'm not picking-up a huge 'Seinfeld vibe' from you... (I'm secretly hoping I'm wrong and you're a huge closet Seinfled fan)

Is it okay if I do not see you and Chandler as being alike? (nervous)

Your energy reflects precisely what I would expect from an ENFP 7 so/sx. Smooth forward flowing energy. Chandler as a 6 and a so/sp is fussy. He gets tied-up with feelings and then he has 'comical' outbursts.

1st bold: :fairy: Your wish has been granted. I love that show. Never really was fond of George though which is why I don't love it as much as Friends.

2nd bold: I don't see it either!

3rd bold: Yay! But what do you mean by "smooth?" I definitely go with the flow but I have my jittery moments. I don't know how often they come but they do happen!

Starry

1st bold: :fairy: Your wish has been granted. I love that show. Never really was fond of George though which is why I don't love it as much as Friends.

omgosh...I feel like our relationship just deepened knowing I'm in the presence of a fellow Seinfled fan! I hoped...because I'm weird like that...but I honestly thought you would come back with 'ew no' haha. I'm also made happy by your use of the butterfly emoticon (thank you for it all)

2nd bold: I don't see it either!

I only skimmed this thread really...do people compare you to Chandler? Or is he understood by many to be so/sx or something?

*okay I just caught your edit.

3rd bold: Yay! But what do you mean by "smooth?" I definitely go with the flow but I have my jittery moments. I don't know how often they come but they do happen!

I was actually just saying this same thing to EJCC but you guys have a very open...forward moving type energy (smooth is more apparent with e7 in my mind). None of this means you won't have your times of wanting to tell everyone to f$"@ off...or hitting speed bumps... but for the most part...open and forward moving...

*I can't imagine you being anything other than ENFP e7 so/sx
And there's no fuckin way Chandler from Friends is ENTP I don't care what the masses say