• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chandler's Type!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=17131]You're TOO effected by it though. I don't think that a core 7w6 would be as effected by that.
Why not? 7w6 is abruptly affected by any sudden negative change that's impossible to ignore. I'd be bothered by that scenario (though in a more Thinkerish way).

I've noticed that so/sx's tend to have more loyalty to a "click" of people, while so/sp people tend to have more loyalty to like an organization, or a club, or something.
Would make sense, assuming the clique is a gathering of people that the so/sx is close with. If you're sx-last, you'd probably be even more reliant on social groups for your personal needs, because one-on-one time wouldn't be an option. Meaning, it made perfect sense when my so/sp friend called her 20-30-person religious group her "family", even when she didn't know every individual that's a part of it. She feels at home in her group.

Nicodemus

The interesting thing in this thread (as in many others of its sort) is that we are not trying to determine the facts: what kind of person someone is, but what label to put on them: what few-letter simplification should stand for it. I think I got a better idea of who Chanaynay is from watching his video than from the listing of types in his signature.

What is the use of types again?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISTx. This is about the detective novelist Raymond Chandler, correct?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The interesting thing in this thread (as in many others of its sort) is that we are not trying to determine the facts: what kind of person someone is, but what label to put on them: what few-letter simplification should stand for it. I think I got a better idea of who Chanaynay is from watching his video than from the listing of types in his signature.

And what knowledge about me have you gained? I want to know! :happy2:

What is the use of types again?

For fun! :D

I don't think that they would be as emotionally effected by it as you were.

Not even if they considered them important people?

ISTx. This is about the detective novelist Raymond Chandler, correct?

Good job detective. :nice:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This just in: my mom says I sound more like a 7 than a 2 after showing her the Soul Child and Idealized Aspect of 7 and 2, so I'm sticking with 7w6. She's not really knowledgeable about Enneagram but I still view her as someone who knows me well enough to have valid input. Plus, I relate more to 7 than 2 in those descriptions. I feel like so/sx and 7 is just a weird combo.

:encore:

Edit: I also see nothing about social 7 seeing their friends as their "party crew." In fact, social 7s sound very giving and dedicated towards others as a way of expressing their social idealism.

Social Seven: Sacrifice
Social Sevens are characterized by relinquishing their personal freedom and aspirations for social ideals. They have a profound sense of obligation toward others and feel that they must sacrifice themselves to fulfill what they see as their responsibilities. Their sacrifices are in the service of a future that they imagine and make plans to realize - a future that promises to give them the sense of belonging, social acceptance, and social standing that they lack. The passion of gluttony manifests here as a hunger for this sense of social ease and for all of the things that they believe will give it to them. Ichazo (per Lilly and Hart) uses the descriptor social limitations and describes this subtype as "predetermining his social activities," which highlights a different nuance of this subtype. It points the Social Seven's tendency to map and plan his social involvements to resolve his social insecurity.

The last sentence really strikes a nerve. I've always struggled with feelings of social insecurity/anxiety and went to making friends and doing social things as my way of avoiding those feelings. When I'm alone in a crowd those feelings of social anxiety come back to bite me in the butt.
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] - how do you feel about this? Also [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] other people blah blah blah I'm distracted right now so I'm not even sure if I'm making sense right now as I'm typing this. I'm like in a mix of trying to talk on Skype and type coherent sentences that make sense in my head at the same time woopsie daisy.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Never stopped thinking you were a 7. Same reasoning as always. :laugh: though if I had to add another reason, it would be that you seem to react very strongly to the 7 descriptions and more "meh" to the 2 descriptions.

Also, FTR, I never thought the "party crew" thing held water, either.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel like so/sx and 7 is just a weird combo.

:encore:

Edit: I also see nothing about social 7 seeing their friends as their "party crew." In fact, social 7s sound very giving and dedicated towards others as a way of expressing their social idealism.

Would make sense, assuming the clique is a gathering of people that the so/sx is close with. If you're sx-last, you'd probably be even more reliant on social groups for your personal needs, because one-on-one time wouldn't be an option. Meaning, it made perfect sense when my so/sp friend called her 20-30-person religious group her "family", even when she didn't know every individual that's a part of it. She feels at home in her group.

The more I read and learn and think, the more I understand and feel that so/sx is not accurately a "partier" type (though of course many of us like to party every once in a while!) but really more a close-knitting, personally attentive, bond-strengthening type. I saw it called the "best friend" once and I think that's really right. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe there are more crowd-focused so/sx people out there, but the more so/sx I talk to, the more it seems to me that we are actually fairly intimate individuals in terms of the company we keep and how we relate. Once upon a time - long ago - I thought "Fe" equated to "group" and I learned how that wasn't quite right. More recently I thought "Social" equated to "group" but that's not quite right, either. It's more like Social is "seeing things in terms of larger networks", which So/Sx and So/Sp both do. And then for So/Sx specifically, we tend to want to "spark" individuals into lasting, close-knit, tightly connected networks with ourselves, sort of a perpetual cycle of spark-bond-spark-bond-spark-bond. And BFF 4 lyfe.

@Chanaynay I think that could go a fairly long way in explaining why you feel like a more caring, connected, other-focused 7.

Also I totally empathize. ENFP and 6w7 is a bizarre combo too. I'm not footloose and fancy free as I should be as an ENFP but I'm not as collected and on top of things as I should be as a 6, either!
:run:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Never stopped thinking you were a 7. Same reasoning as always. :laugh: though if I had to add another reason, it would be that you seem to react very strongly to the 7 descriptions and more "meh" to the 2 descriptions.

Also, FTR, I never thought the "party crew" thing held water, either.

Honestly, looking at it from experience, it's actually the so/sx 2s that are all about their party crew. :laugh: Those ESFJs can go hard man.

Eh, I react strongly to the idea of being unloved, which is the main part of the 2 description. What I don't relate to is that 2ish desire to seek into oneness with whoever you're with - my mom does this a lot with me and it annoys the piss out of me. I also don't feel as suffocating and invasive as 2. I'm really only concerned for others when I...well, feel concerned for them. I don't do as much checking in for the sake of being a good friend even though my friends wouldn't mind it. I also don't try to act a certain way to draw out a love-affirming response out of someone. I mean sometimes I do (my heart fix is still definitely 2 after all) but it's not something I need. It makes me feel good but I don't need it to sustain myself. Although being deprived of that can get me down. :(

I feel like this post sucks, but I think this topic has generally been over-discussed really haha. [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], just so you know, I probably seem more 2ish around you because I'm genuinely care about you as a friend. Hard to explain, something about you as a person touches me and I feel like I want to be like your little cheerleader as you try to make your way through life. I think [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] called ENFP "life's cheerleaders" once didn't she? :newwink:
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] I will respond ASAP. Off to dinner for now!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The more I read and learn and think, the more I understand and feel that so/sx is not accurately a "partier" type (though of course many of us like to party every once in a while!) but really more a close-knitting, personally attentive, bond-strengthening type. I saw it called the "best friend" once and I think that's really right.

I never really saw so/sx as a "partier" type or as a vapid social butterfly; I always thought of it as the best friend like you described it. :) It's this website that calls so/sx the best friend btw. I think what the TGO was saying about social 7s and their party crew was more theorized from the classic idea of 7. Because when one thinks of 7 one doesn't really think "giving" or "people-focused." But again, social 7s are a weird bunch. Just wanted to bring up this quote from Maitri as well:

Their sacrifices are in the service of a future that they imagine and make plans to realize - a future that promises to give them the sense of belonging, social acceptance, and social standing that they lack.

Which is what I do all the time. When I first started college and made my group of "best friends" I thought about all the fun things we could do together - dressing up for Halloween as Mean Girls since there were four of us, captioning the picture "love my plastics <3," going to dances, cheering at the football games, hiking, comforting each other, having real conversations, etc. But then to get that close to them I have to sacrifice my personal freedom for them, becoming a slave to the times we would head out to eat, constantly messaging them wondering where they were, having my feelings hurt when Alie or Em would give me the cold shoulder, trying to push my way into pictures they were taking, etc. Eventually, the amount of myself I gave to them was way too much and I had to cut the ties off because they were taking too much energy and emotion away from me - which itself is an indicator of a 7 reclaiming its freedom (I really liked the way I phrased that - sounds heroic - [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] hope you see this so you can appreciate it).

Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe there are more crowd-focused so/sx people out there, but the more so/sx I talk to, the more it seems to me that we are actually fairly intimate individuals in terms of the company we keep and how we relate. Once upon a time - long ago - I thought "Fe" equated to "group" and I learned how that wasn't quite right. More recently I thought "Social" equated to "group" but that's not quite right, either. It's more like Social is "seeing things in terms of larger networks", which So/Sx and So/Sp both do. And then for So/Sx specifically, we tend to want to "spark" individuals into lasting, close-knit, tightly connected networks with ourselves, sort of a perpetual cycle of spark-bond-spark-bond-spark-bond. And BFF 4 lyfe.

It's often hard to draw the line between Fe and the so instinct. If I had to define it now, I'd say Fe is more "taking others into consideration" which is more just a neutral (well I mean...not neutral per say...F itself isn't very neutral) decision-making process based on how it affects others while the so instinct is more of seeing the expansive social realm around you and trying to make connections while sifting your way through it. so/sx gathering its own collection of friends, and so/sp working around already established groups. I'd also say so/sx is more concerned with that sense of chemistry while so/sp is less discriminator about who it befriends (in that sense at least), especially when the so/sx has strong sx like we determined about me all the way back in my so/sx thread.

@Chanaynay I think that could go a fairly long way in explaining why you feel like a more caring, connected, other-focused 7.

Also I totally empathize. ENFP and 6w7 is a bizarre combo too. I'm not footloose and fancy free as I should be as an ENFP but I'm not as collected and on top of things as I should be as a 6, either!
:run:

To be honest, I liked the idea of being an ENFP 2w3 because I always liked the idea of having a quirky combo like ENFP 2w3/4w3/4w5/6w7/8w7/9w1, etc. But at least 7 and so/sx is interesting. :laugh: But nah, looking at the 2 (and 3) descriptions it made me feel really uncomfortable about who I am when I was considering being 2w3. And not in a way that it was uncomfortably accurate, it just made me really unsure of myself and I didn't like that.

A

Anew Leaf

NOW WITH VIDEO

God I need my eyebrows waxed.

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] [MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION] [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION] [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION] [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] [MENTION=14676]Ism[/MENTION] - I think that's everyone? Hopefully this works! Also I hope I usually don't sound this nasal. Or deep-voiced. I think my voice gets lower when I have a lot to say. :shrug: Oh man [MENTION=15963]Devi[/MENTION] I may have forgotten to mention you but my kisses go out to you as well.

Oh, and [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] asked for this originally right? Or I told you I'd do this? Anyway I'm mentioning you as well so.
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] [MENTION=15318]Saudade[/MENTION] [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] maybe you can help as well?

Edit: JFC I never look at the camera. I always look up when I'm thinking about stuff. Or maybe the laptop is just too low. Idk. Also here's a pic of me so you can see that my hair doesn't look as stupid from face-to-face view:

1375058_10202472650404581_187826870_n.jpg

With my ENFJ 2w3 momma.

I just realized I never got back to this thread after the mention um... awhile ago. :whistling:

God, you are so adorable! and your video reminded me of one I attempted to make last year wherein I also never looked at the camera because I always get this kind of airy look up and awayness to my gaze. and it cracked me up how much you move around.

what struck me most of all was how genuine you are - I absolutely related to the part where you explained how you weren't trying to be fake Ne and then made the comment about now you probably come off as fake... ha! like you snatched that out of my brain :laugh:. Oh and the fears part where you thought it meant phobias... so cute :3.

I think too how funny it is to watch Ne when it's just running by itself. It is always so much easier to deal with when you have someone else to bounce off of. (ALSO YOU HAVE A BUNNY ON YOUR WALL!! You didn't know me back then but I used to be a bunny.) Loved the part where you took a moment to furiously type and then there is that airy "where was I?" hardcore heart.

You're definitely ENFP... no question about that at all. :laugh: And I 100% agree on the SO/SXness and I think your ultimate decision that you are 7w6 first is spot on. :) (you're explanation of things on the I-E has made me seriously question my own status on that bar. :laugh:)

And here is something I grabbed from personalitycafe about the 279 grouping of tritypes in case you haven't seen it:

279 Peacemaker Archetype

As a nine, I hate conflict. It's unbearbale when someone gives me the silent treatment, is angry or withdraws. Especially if I had a loving friendship before and when it hugely matters to me. I really like to bring things in the open and get things resolved. Talk things through. See where it went wrong. I do this without criticism. Though when somebody has hurt me and things have bottled up for a long time I can be very critical, precise and to the point. That's before a conversation to get things resolved where I couldn't control my outburst. Because it unsettles me and makes me sad. Then I can move forward again. When I try to discuss the situation I keep it light. Do not want to feel pain. I want things to be on the same level and harmonious as before and we do not need to delve deep, no need to dwell on the negatives. And let's forget about it. I will acknowledge my errors and empathise, even when I sometimes know I do this more then I should. I think the above is my 7 tritype. I think 4 is not the other tritype as I do not feel envious. It's not a passion or drive so to speak. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Have you ever taken the enneacards test on enneagram.net? It will help you identify your heart center, or at least give you somewhere to start.

From what you've described above I would guess you had 2 in the heart center, with two positive outlook types (2 and 7) and the 9 there is a need to keep things positive, a driving need almost or else it is unbearable. The criticality and bottling up phenomena could be due to the 9 in charge, and the 1 wing, as well as the social subtype who all are prone to a sort of indignant, critical anger.

Here's what Katherine wrote:

If you are a 279, you are caring, innovative and accepting. You want to be helpful, upbeat and peaceful. You are very kind and tend to see the best in others, focusing on easy and comfortable ways of relating. You hate conflict and/or strife and use your sense of humor to smooth out difficulties.

Your life mission is to create and promote smooth and harmonic ways to handle conflict. A true peacemaker, you are happiest when you can ease tension and help others get along with one another.

You can be so identified with keeping life free of conflict and negativity that you may turn a blind eye to conflicts that need to be managed as opportunities for change.

*Most optimistic tritypes-279, 729, 927
279...positive

This tritype [927] is the most identified with seeing themselves as peaceful. More than any other tritype, they need peace and positive relating to experience a sense of being... so are extremely uncomfortable with negativity in relationships. The 479 doesn't like it but expects it. It also brings the 937 tritype which is the true ambassador of goodwill.

If you have the sexual instinct as dominant you could easily identify with 974. The 972 is less ethereal and more focused on being positive. The 974 knows that they feel unhappy, they are more inclined to hide so that they will not be rejected for being negative.

The super positive types 279 and 379, report that they try to get thru grief as quickly as possible, especially if self-pres.

Yes, there is more than one positive Tritype. The super positive Tritypes are the 279, the 379. The 279 is a the Tritype that wants comfortable, easy relating. The 2 brings a greater emphasis on people.This is the 2ish caring, people oriented 7 or 9. The 379 is even more upbeat and positive. The 3 brings more of an emphasis on achievements. For example this is the professional, 3ish 9 or 7.

All of the 79 combinations are somewhat positive. The 279 is focused on being pleasant. The 379 the most positive. The 479 Is positive outwardly but doesn't always feel it.

2-7-9 - The Positivist

Characterized by unbridled optimism. They don't allow anything to get them down, and they love to enjoy themselves by surrounding themselves with great company and fun atmospheres. They may be a bit unrealistic however.

a person could be the 927 or "The Peacemaker" Tritype, and after utilizing the dominant Type 9 strategies the person may move to their lines of connection (Type 3 and Type 7) as well as to their possible wings (Type 1 and Type 8). However, if these connections are not effective for the person, they may move to Type 2 and become more helpful, effusive and relational, and then move subsequently to Type 7 to utilize positive reframing, escapism or future planning in order to achieve desirable results.

From what you've described above I would guess you had 2 in the heart center, with two positive outlook types (2 and 7) and the 9 there is a need to keep things positive, a driving need almost or else it is unbearable. The criticality and bottling up phenomena could be due to the 9 in charge, and the 1 wing, as well as the social subtype who all are prone to a sort of indignant, critical anger.

Trying to keep a positive outlook at all times. (9-2-7)

2-9s - They avoid admitting that they have a (completely) negative image (and avoid anything that may lead to such a state). They're ultimate fear is that they have a completely "black" image and are unable to escape it. They enter a strong state of denial when this occurs. This isn't necessarily because of the Two side, but much rather because the 9 side can't handle such a reality and thus this kind of Two is more likely to withdraw into a more "positive" perspective of themselves. It's much nicer and much more comforting that way.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I just realized I never got back to this thread after the mention um... awhile ago. :whistling:

God, you are so adorable! and your video reminded me of one I attempted to make last year wherein I also never looked at the camera because I always get this kind of airy look up and awayness to my gaze. and it cracked me up how much you move around.

Such a shame though because I'd say my good side is more when you're looking down at me than looking up to me. Maybe this is another reason why I prefer tall guys. ;)

what struck me most of all was how genuine you are - I absolutely related to the part where you explained how you weren't trying to be fake Ne and then made the comment about now you probably come off as fake... ha! like you snatched that out of my brain :laugh:. Oh and the fears part where you thought it meant phobias... so cute :3.

I always have to make sure. :D Being called fake or saying something I say sounds contrived is probably the one of the easiest ways to push my buttons.

I think too how funny it is to watch Ne when it's just running by itself. It is always so much easier to deal with when you have someone else to bounce off of. (ALSO YOU HAVE A BUNNY ON YOUR WALL!! You didn't know me back then but I used to be a bunny.) Loved the part where you took a moment to furiously type and then there is that airy "where was I?" hardcore heart.

It's an Alice in Wonderland, I love it. :wubbie: The bunny was one of my favorite parts about it. The quote on it says "I can't explain myself because I'm not myself, you see?" But hmm, maybe I should watch your video too then! Because watching myself on video it's hard to call it Ne in action or Fi in action, I just see me even though I'm aware of the fact that I'm using both. Seeing more Ne in action would be fun. :D

You're definitely ENFP... no question about that at all. :laugh: And I 100% agree on the SO/SXness and I think your ultimate decision that you are 7w6 first is spot on. :) (you're explanation of things on the I-E has made me seriously question my own status on that bar. :laugh:)

:rly???: How so??

And here is something I grabbed from personalitycafe about the 279 grouping of tritypes in case you haven't seen it:

I've read it, but thank you for posting it here since I'd probably be too lazy to go out and find it again. :dont:

A

Anew Leaf

Such a shame though because I'd say my good side is more when you're looking down at me than looking up to me. Maybe this is another reason why I prefer tall guys. ;)

Tall men = :wubbie:

Whatever side you show, you're just plain adorable and handsome all wrapped into one.

The part where you said you don't talk if you are bored by the other people around you. I still think I am stuck in between INFP and ENFP as I am not entirely one sans the other. But hearing you, the king of extroversion, state how and when you are more introverted made a lot of sense to me.

I find I am a bit black and white on extraversion. If I am excited by someone I am happyBBQYAY Ne me. But if I am bored by them then I literally cannot think of anything to say to save my life and I just sit there in silence.

But I don't require attention to be on me, and I don't intentionally seek it out. However, if I get it and it's because I am all sparkly unicorn me, then I love it and will ham it up a bit.

- Who knows -

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]

We love your sparkly unicorny ambiversion. :wub:

/is feeling gushy today

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The part where you said you don't talk if you are bored by the other people around you. I still think I am stuck in between INFP and ENFP as I am not entirely one sans the other. But hearing you, the king of extroversion, state how and when you are more introverted made a lot of sense to me.

I find I am a bit black and white on extraversion. If I am excited by someone I am happyBBQYAY Ne me. But if I am bored by them then I literally cannot think of anything to say to save my life and I just sit there in silence.

But I don't require attention to be on me, and I don't intentionally seek it out. However, if I get it and it's because I am all sparkly unicorn me, then I love it and will ham it up a bit.

- Who knows -

Oooh, I see what you mean. Yeah you've always seemed like a different sort of NFP to me. Your posts reek of Fi when it comes to things you consider serious but when you're communicating with other people you like you're all Ne bouncy. That said, being INFP, 4 (especially with the 5 wing), and sx/sp theoretically seems like it would make for a far more withdrawn person than you seem to be. Or maybe I'm just really excited about you possibly being one of my own kind. :happy2: If you had me take a wild guess right now I'd say ENFP but that's just me - you know yourself better than anyone else here after all. Plus I'm assuming Ne, due to its extroverted nature, is one of your main means of communicating with others (that's definitely how I interact with others) and the Fi usually only comes out when under fire or when the discussion starts to get important and since all of times we've interacted have been really silly and fun I could be overestimating your Ne usage. Eh, like I said it's up to you! You should just change your type to CUTE - it especially fits with your new avatar. :wubbie:

Also LOL @ "the king of extroversion." I think that will be my new user title. :D Makes me wonder how people in the real world would peg me regarding type. I think most would dub me INFP in the classroom since I'm usually very quiet and you can tell when interacting with me whether I tolerate you or not. *flashbacks to how many times I would not respond to this one guy or give him the eye-roll AND YET HE STILL WOULDN'T TAKE THE HINT* Maybe in the future we could team up and both change our titles to match too. Like "Nico's Kidnapper #1" and "Nico's Kidnapper #2." :devil:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm bringing it back.
[MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION] and other people I'm too lazy to mention, feel free to have at it. :D

/will make another video eventually