User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 185

  1. #61
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    @Chanaynay

    First off, if @Elfboy gives you the crap about 7's being all "dark and mysterious" inside, I wouldn't really give it much thought. He is right that sx/sp 7w6's can be like that, but he tends to think that all 7's are like that. To be frank I think that's a crock of shit, and again, that's more associated with the sx/sp 7's.

    However, I will give Elfboy credit because I believe that he is right about you being a core 2w3 as opposed to a 7w6. You tend to have the classic, "I'll scratch your back, and can scratch mine policy" of a 2w3. Also, on camera, you don't have the nervous body language of a 7w6 either.

  2. #62
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @Chanaynay

    First off, if @Elfboy gives you the crap about 7's being all "dark and mysterious" inside, I wouldn't really give it much thought. He is right that sx/sp 7w6's can be like that, but he tends to think that all 7's are like that. To be frank I think that's a crock of shit, and again, that's more associated with the sx/sp 7's.

    However, I will give Elfboy credit because I believe that he is right about you being a core 2w3 as opposed to a 7w6. You tend to have the classic, "I'll scratch your back, and can scratch mine policy" of a 2w3. Also, on camera, you don't have the nervous body language of a 7w6 either.
    Ok…
    7w6 is nervous?
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  3. #63
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @Chanaynay
    First off, if @Elfboy gives you the crap about 7's being all "dark and mysterious" inside, I wouldn't really give it much thought. He is right that sx/sp 7w6's can be like that, but he tends to think that all 7's are like that. To be frank I think that's a crock of shit, and again, that's more associated with the sx/sp 7's.
    I never said they were "dark" (Social 7s are generally not very dark). I said they were self centered and not very emotional


    However, I will give Elfboy credit because I believe that he is right about you being a core 2w3 as opposed to a 7w6. You tend to have the classic, "I'll scratch your back, and can scratch mine policy" of a 2w3. Also, on camera, you don't have the nervous body language of a 7w6 either.
    yeah
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #64
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Ok…
    7w6 is nervous?
    They can be, but not as nervous as you pal.
    @Elfboy

    I never said they were "dark" (Social 7s are generally not very dark). I said they were self centered and not very emotional
    Ok I'm glad we agree that social 7's aren't dark. I also agree that they are self-centered. However, I'm not sure if I agree that they aren't very emotional. I just think it's you who is not very emotional because you have a 3 fix, and you think all 7's are like that.

  5. #65
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Chanaynay
    you have a point about the Social 2. this throws a wrench in things cuz social 2s are extremely power seeking (Naranjo even typed Napoleon Bonaparte as a Social 2! one of his few typings I disagree with).
    So where do we go from here?

    however, I still see too much emotionality for 7, even Social 7 to be feasible.
    7 positive outlook: avoiding the negative, rationalization, delayed response to negative emotions
    2 positive outlook: putting out positive emotion and energy with the intention of affecting the mood of the room/atmosphere/interaction
    Dunno, I feel like the only time I had an immediate emotional reaction while we've interacted was when you told me that story about your friend and the dog. Oh and character background you were telling me about. The first was because well...I love dogs. Like probably more than people. And animal abuse has always gotten a strong emotional response out of me so that could just be personal. The character thing I have no idea why I cried - it was sad but like I couldn't picture myself crying over it in retrospect. Maybe the music we sent each other prompted it haha. I'm not sure how much I relate to rationalization of emotion but I definitely interpret it to mean something about whatever it is I'm experiencing emotions about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    Have you ever seen him other than happy for that matter? Even when he's bitching about guys I almost never see him getting all worked up about it; it's more of a careless abandon.
    I actually get really worked up over the "reading between the lines" part of interactions with guys. Well not emotional, but frustrated or stressed. Not when I'm around them of course, I wait til they leave to do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    there's a constant, subtle sensitivity to him, like his mood is easy to put a dent in.
    at least temporarily, though he does tend to "bounce back" pretty quickly, which I could see as a case for 7


    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    As far as I am concerned, the case of your type(s) is closed. But if you like, we can talk about your sense of fashion now.
    HAHA okay, I'm an open book. Shoot me your questions.

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Yeah, I always figured the 2-ish-ness came from the so/sx -- you seem too carefree, for lack of a better word, to not be a 7 -- so I agree with your assessment, @Chanaynay.
    Would you also attribute my higher levels of emotion to the 2-ish-ness or the so/sx-ness? Glad you agree though girly!

    Quote Originally Posted by Devi View Post
    How people-oriented are you? There are some ESFJs here and there that can almost seem like ENFPs because Fe isn't as "J" as Te is. But a so/sx ESFJ with strong Ne and a 2 fix would be extremely people-oriented. From what you said, ENFP>ESFJ.
    I would call myself people-oriented but too a point. Extremely social people drain me. Even when I want to interact with people sometimes, I end up just turning them down and spending time in my room playing video games or watching TV. I also can get frustrated about how my mom (ENFJ 2w3 so/sx or sx/so) makes friends literally everywhere she goes, especially when I'm with her since I usually want to go, get whatever we came for, and leave. I mean I make conversation sometimes too but she does it to the point where it slows us down and I don't like waiting.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @Chanaynay

    First off, if @Elfboy gives you the crap about 7's being all "dark and mysterious" inside, I wouldn't really give it much thought. He is right that sx/sp 7w6's can be like that, but he tends to think that all 7's are like that. To be frank I think that's a crock of shit, and again, that's more associated with the sx/sp 7's.
    HAHA, don't worry dude. I've learned this a bit through talking to him as well.

    However, I will give Elfboy credit because I believe that he is right about you being a core 2w3 as opposed to a 7w6. You tend to have the classic, "I'll scratch your back, and can scratch mine policy" of a 2w3. Also, on camera, you don't have the nervous body language of a 7w6 either.
    I concede to the fact that I do have the 2w3 "give and get back" follow-through, mostly because it's been said I do in multiple posts earlier. But to be fair, the one time I was on camera with you was after like, what, 7 shots? And I'm small and Asian so that should say something. How do 7w6s have nervous body language? Because I may know what you're talking about from personal experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Ok I'm glad we agree that social 7's aren't dark. I also agree that they are self-centered. However, I'm not sure if I agree that they aren't very emotional. I just think it's you who is not very emotional because you have a 3 fix, and you think all 7's are like that.
    And my fix is definitely 2 so.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  6. #66
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    @Chanaynay

    HAHA, don't worry dude. I've learned this a bit through talking to him as well.
    I've learned a great deal about the enneagram from Elfboy, and I think that he's brilliant. But some of his theories are just straight up whack.

    I concede to the fact that I do have the 2w3 "give and get back" follow-through, mostly because it's been said I do in multiple posts earlier. But to be fair, the one time I was on camera with you was after like, what, 7 shots? And I'm small and Asian so that should say something. How do 7w6s have nervous body language? Because I may know what you're talking about from personal experience.
    The main difference that I have seen between the 7w6 and the 2w3 so/sx is that the 7w6 views their little posse as their group for fun, partying, and stimulation. On the other hand, the 2w3 views their group almost like one big happy family.

    Also about the body language...

    If you look at Justin Timberlake vs. Justin Beiber in a video, they can look almost identical to the naked eye. However, if you notice Justin Timberlake (a core 7w6 so/sx) tends to have more nervous body language. However, Beiber (a core 2w3 so/sx) tends to not have that nervous body language. Just look at some videos of 7w6 so/sx types vs. 2w3 so/sx types and you can see a clear difference.

  7. #67
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    They can be, but not as nervous as you pal.
    @Elfboy
    seconded


    Ok I'm glad we agree that social 7's aren't dark. I also agree that they are self-centered. However, I'm not sure if I agree that they aren't very emotional. I just think it's you who is not very emotional because you have a 3 fix, and you think all 7's are like that.
    I think in my case it's more the strong Self Preservation (though I'm sure the 3 fix plays into it). Self Preservation 7s are ruthless mother fuckers
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #68
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    @Elfboy

    seconded
    I'm glad we agree on that at least.

    I think in my case it's more the strong Self Preservation (though I'm sure the 3 fix plays into it). Self Preservation 7s are ruthless mother fuckers
    I could buy that.

  9. #69
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I've learned a great deal about the enneagram from Elfboy, and I think that he's brilliant. But some of his theories are just straight up whack.
    LMAO, yes to both points.

    The main difference that I have seen between the 7w6 and the 2w3 so/sx is that the 7w6 views their little posse as their group for fun, partying, and stimulation. On the other hand, the 2w3 views their group almost like one big happy family.
    Oh, I definitely relate more to 2w3 in this sense. Yeah, my friends are fun people to be around but honestly I could just be hanging around their houses and still be having a good time with them. We also support and love each other like family, too.

    If you look at Justin Timberlake vs. Justin Beiber in a video, they can look almost identical to the naked eye. However, if you notice Justin Timberlake (a core 7w6 so/sx) tends to have more nervous body language. However, Beiber (a core 2w3 so/sx) tends to not have that nervous body language. Just look at some videos of 7w6 so/sx types vs. 2w3 so/sx types and you can see a clear difference.
    I relate more to JT than JB in this case. Not because I'm biased against the Biebs or anything (although he is an idiot), I just see more of JT's body language in myself than JB's body language. Also, hypothetically, I couldn't do what Bieber does at his live shows - strut out with confidence, fluid body motion, etc. Timberlake, on the other hand, I could totally see myself doing. Spinning around, bopping up and down while singing, more spontaneous than choreographed, etc.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  10. #70
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Would you also attribute my higher levels of emotion to the 2-ish-ness or the so/sx-ness? Glad you agree though girly!
    Higher levels than what? Other ENFPs? (Pretty much all ENFPs are "more emotional" to an ESTJ. )

    But in all seriousness -- say you have a set amount of interpersonal energy. The way I see it is:

    so/sx: Use most towards "the group" on a shallow level, the rest on deeper "merging" interactions with people close to you, with little to no energy left over
    so/sp: Use some towards "the group", stingy enough with the rest to be resistant towards using much for deep "merging" interaction
    sx/sp: Use most towards "merging" interactions, skeptical about wasting the remaining energy on shallower "group" interaction

    Etc.

    So your sort of first-come, first serve openness towards just about anyone who interacts with you is what I see as so/sx. I don't attribute that to Fe because I'm like that (I think) and I'm so/sx as well. Social-last ENFPs can be quite cold at times to the people they haven't prioritized -- not meaning this as an insult, I have some dear forum friends who are ENFP and like this -- but if an so/sx person is warm and friendly, they're likely that way most of the time, and it would take a lot to make them act cold to you.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Similar Threads

  1. [Enne] Your enneagram type
    By Maverick in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 554
    Last Post: 11-26-2017, 01:56 PM
  2. Each type in 3 words.
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-02-2016, 07:32 AM
  3. No Type
    By paulwhy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2015, 09:01 PM
  4. Help figuring out your type?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 354
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 12:12 PM
  5. [NF] What sort of topics are NF type topics?
    By Alienclock in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO