• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am still so confused! Please help me with my type

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi! Thanks for reading this thread :) . I am an old sailor riding through MBTI and enneagram waves for pretty long, to the point I admited I will be forever confused about my type. But I don't want this... I want once and for all, now what type I am, but it seems like imposible mission. First I was really sure I am some kind of NF type, most likely ENFP, then also INFP, or INFJ. Then I started to read more about functions and I very much relate to Ti, so I considered, that I might be ENTP, or INTP as well as INFJ with well developed Ti. But then the doubters came with their...you are Se... So I started to consider, that I am an ISFP, or ESFP after all... And now...now I just really don't know what the hell am I?! Ti, or Te? Fi dominant, or not? Intuitive, or a sensor?
The same is with my enneagram... I was sure I am a 4w5, but I disliked how tragic and dramatic 4s are described, so I started to doubt,... Then 4w3 came out as an another possibility along with 7, or 6. And now... I just don't know. I feel like I really could be any enneagram and any MBTI type with any functions. Could anyone please really help me narrow it down? Step by step would be the best, but I would be glad for any other suggestions, opinions, advices... I just really wanna finally know my type.

W

WALMART

Well, Jung said the arc of Se-doms largely spans men. I think sensing in general is more rare for women, like thinking is.

So the odds are there for xNFP, which would be my best guess - ENFP. You don't strike me as a rational-dom.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
What results do you get from function and/or type tests?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi! Thanks for reading this thread :) . I am an old sailor riding through MBTI and enneagram waves for pretty long, to the point I admited I will be forever confused about my type. But I don't want this... I want once and for all, now what type I am, but it seems like imposible mission. First I was really sure I am some kind of NF type, most likely ENFP, then also INFP, or INFJ. Then I started to read more about functions and I very much relate to Ti, so I considered, that I might be ENTP, or INTP as well as INFJ with well developed Ti. But then the doubters came with their...you are Se... So I started to consider, that I am an ISFP, or ESFP after all... And now...now I just really don't know what the hell am I?! Ti, or Te? Fi dominant, or not? Intuitive, or a sensor?
The same is with my enneagram... I was sure I am a 4w5, but I disliked how tragic and dramatic 4s are described, so I started to doubt,... Then 4w3 came out as an another possibility along with 7, or 6. And now... I just don't know. I feel like I really could be any enneagram and any MBTI type with any functions. Could anyone please really help me narrow it down? Step by step would be the best, but I would be glad for any other suggestions, opinions, advices... I just really wanna finally know my type.

You are INFP, the most self-doubting of types.

T

The Iron Giant

[MENTION=18559]Polly[/MENTION], let's hit it one point at a time. We'll start with enneagram since that one's generally easier and usually seems more visible to others. What is the result you usually get when you take an enneagram test, like the one on http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/?

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'd like to see your results — including the percentage scores — on the official "Step I" MBTI and the Big Five Inventory. That second test isn't "MBTI" but it's only 45 questions and academically approved and, for people with reasonable-strength preferences, the results on four of the Big Five dimensions tend to match the corresponding MBTI dimensions.

The Big Five Inventory results that would correspond to INFP (*cough* just as an example *cough*) would be high in Openness, low in Conscientiousness, low in Extraversion, and high in Agreeableness.

Neuroticism is the bonus dimension, although "bonus" isn't necessarily an apt term if your Neuroticism is above average (like mine).

Finally: If you're sick of tests or allergic to the dichotomies or whatever, feel free to ignore this post.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15167]Stephen[/MENTION] thank you for the test link... my score was: Based entirely on highest score, you appear to have Type 4 personality characteristics... That is what I get on all enneagram tests. I've never scored any other than 4, but there are so many doubtful questions... like I am idealistic, but on the other hand I try to be objective... I always fight for what I feel is right, but I dislike the tension of confrontation. I always say things direct, I say what I feel, what I think, what I see, but I also try not to hurt others. I am private, but I love to welcome new people in my life... I can be relaxed, but I tend to worry too much also... It's like... all the oppisites at one. For me it is just so hard to answer test questions, because most of the time, I feel like somewhere in the middle.

[MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION] thank you for the link also.. I score as
I moderate
N clear
F clear
P slight ... But also a lot of doubts... I love to get to know new people, I like to to talk, but I dislike when others know too much about me, so I am more reserved about who I am and I am harder to get to know, but I love to get to know others and I love to spend my time with others much more, than just by my own self... I am shy, reserved, but I hate to be alone and love to be with my friends... What does it make me? I or E? I always create my day plans, schedules and I stuck to them. I disike sudden and unexpected change, but I also dislike to follow schedules and rules of someone else. I crate my own, follow my own and I believe in them... but I hate formal rules. I like logic, analytic thinking, getting to the core of problems breaking things down to parts to see how they work, I try to be objective, but I am sentimental, I care of other's feelings and beliefs and I'd hate to hurt someone. I tend to verbaly fight with others, just because I believe fitghting for what I believe in is more important, than just to be nice. I dislike people, who are just nice, to be nice. Why is to so? It's fake... Say what you believe in, it important!What is it F or T?
The other test was much easier to answer...clear question, clear answers... I could relate to it pretty much... I scored as:
Openness to Experience/Intellect
High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
You are relatively open to new experiences. (Your percentile: 76)

Conscientiousness
High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
You probably have a messy desk! (Your percentile: 0)

Extraversion
High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
You are neither particularly social or reserved. (Your percentile: 59)

Agreeableness
High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
You find it easy to criticize others. (Your percentile: 6)

Neuroticism
High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things.
[MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] Why do you think I am an ENFP? Why not rational type? [MENTION=1493]alcea rosea[/MENTION] Functions tests often give my scores like...Ni, Fi, Ne, Ti, Si, Fe, Te, Se... So some kind of INFP, INFJ, INTP hybrid.
FUCK THIS...sorry if the post doesn't make much sense, It's friday and I am just drunk :D

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15167]Stephen[/MENTION] thank you for the test link... my score was: Based entirely on highest score, you appear to have Type 4 personality characteristics... That is what I get on all enneagram tests. I've never scored any other than 4, but there are so many doubtful questions... like I am idealistic, but on the other hand I try to be objective... I always fight for what I feel is right, but I dislike the tension of confrontation. I always say things direct, I say what I feel, what I think, what I see, but I also try not to hurt others. I am private, but I love to welcome new people in my life... I can be relaxed, but I tend to worry too much also... It's like... all the oppisites at one. For me it is just so hard to answer test questions, because most of the time, I feel like somewhere in the middle.

[MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION] thank you for the link also.. I score as
I moderate
N clear
F clear
P slight ... But also a lot of doubts...

Yup, that's what I said (see above).

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Might want to consider xNFP 6. Doubting, analytical, sentimental, displeased with unexpected change.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Might want to consider xNFP 6. Doubting, analytical, sentimental, displeased with unexpected change.

I am the same way...
A rule of thumb I learned is that INFP's almost never think they are ENFP, but many ENFP's think they are INFP's...

I like a little variety in my life, but sudden, huge changes actually might make me angry...

I'm so weird, I don't know if I'll ever truly understand myself, but I'll keep trying...

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say INFx. Your description sounds a lot like me, but probably a different enneatype than I am.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like a little variety in my life, but sudden, huge changes actually might make me angry...

:yes: Same. I often welcome change but I always want time to get prepared before it occurs.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an ENFP. I'm VERY Te, even though it's tertiary. I cannot relate at all to Ti. So if you relate much to Ti like you said- you wouldn't be ENFP. That's my only help off the top of my head! Except to say you do not strike me as an INFP. And as for INFJ--- they are SUPER intuitive- nearly psychic. If you don't relate to that, scratch that off your list too. Good luck! You will figure it out.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Lord haz mercy, [MENTION=18559]Polly[/MENTION]. I've read all your TC posts (well, there were only 45), and they pretty much scream INFP to me, in multiple respects, which is right in line (as you probably know) with Enneagram 4. If I had to come up with a second choice, I'd go with mild-E ENFP, but I really think you're an introvert. It's not the least bit out of character for a 20-year-old IF to want to spend a large portion of her leisure time hanging (and partying) with her friends.

You're also pretty clearly above-average in Neuroticism — the Big Five dimension that doesn't have a corresponding MBTI dimension. Being above-average (but within the normal range) in Neuroticism isn't itself a psychological disorder (I'm above average myself), although it sounds like you may also have some anxiety disorder stuff going on (as you've noted). The two poles of the Neuroticism scale are sometimes called Calm and Limbic, and being Limbic tends to be associated with, among other things, anxiety/worry-proneness; emotional sensitivity/volatility; proneness to annoyance/irritation; self-consciousness; and (sometimes) depression.

I expect to follow up with another post in the next day or two where I get a little more specific about the stuff in your posts and why I think it points to INFP but in the meantime, in case you're interested, I've put roundups of some online INFP and ENFP profiles in the spoiler.

If you want to give your type-me participants more to work with, one approach you could take is to go through some of those profiles and post about anything you read that gives you a particularly strong "that's me" or "that's not me" reaction. But don't read any of those profiles unless you want to. And don't do it tonight in any case. I hear you're drunk. :p

Meanwhile, I'll just note for the benefit of any other reader of this thread who might be interested that you've previously made three long, self-descriptive posts in other TC threads, and they can be found here, here and here.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] I can relate to you both. I like to try new things, I like some changes, but I need some sense of stability and not knowing what will happen next brings more insecurity. For the longest period of time I was sure about being an ENFP. [MENTION=15728]AzulEyes[/MENTION] I can relate to some point of Te like I like to see clear facts infront of me and I also like to find some order in my and others thinking, but I'd hardly find anything else. While when I read about Ti, I can relate to most of it. I am good at finding words and definitions to explein my ideas. I am good at getting into core of problems and tearing it down to pieces, to see what they are really about. I am good at seeing the general principe of how things work behind different sub-principles. I am good at seeing things from different sides and then analyze theese sides to get the general principe and idea of project, or thing. I always look for my own explenations and try to create my own methodical thinking, rather then follow some well known principles. [MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION] Thank you :) ... Could you please explain why ennea 4? About parties... Yes I love to spend my time at parties, it's true I rather spend my time partying with my well known and close friends, but I can get pretty spontaneous and wild also. An year ago there was a time, when I wasn't even at home and I used to party every single day and totally forgot about anything else. Now I party a bit less, 'cause I have pretty serious relationship and I spend most of my time with my boyfriend, but I really sometimes think about leaving that guy, just to have more fun for a few more years... About the neuroticsm. I have very hard accepting my sensitivity. I see it as an unintended weakness, that I need to fight against. So I've built the whole big wall between me and my feelings and I just try to to suppress them, because they make me feel so weak. I guess this is one of the reasons I am pretty neurotic, and I have a history of depressions, anxiety, self abusing and self destructive behavior. About the profiles... I know them all, but I have a hard time to relate to how caring and nice and sensitive natures xNFPs seem to be. I don't see myself like that at all. I am sensitive, but I don't know if in the way of being a feeler. I can't imagine myself being in some caring position, or narture others. I'd be a terrible teacher, or social worker, cause I just don't have the nerves to explain and be so nice and I have such a hard time holding my temper. Plus I dislike to feel resposibilty... I am much more fun loving person, it's funny 'cause at one side I am so neurotic and complicated and at the other I am so careless and fun loving.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Functions tests often give my scores like...Ni, Fi, Ne, Ti, Si, Fe, Te, Se... So some kind of INFP, INFJ, INTP hybrid.

I think function tests rarely give your functions in exactly right order as in the theory. It seems you have strong N + more I functions than E. Maybe you should start with reading more descriptions of iNFx's, so INFJ or INFP?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think function tests rarely give your functions in exactly right order as in the theory. It seems you have strong N + more I functions than E. Maybe you should start with reading more descriptions of iNFx's, so INFJ or INFP?

It is right, that function tests won't show your preferences in exact order. But I still play with the idea of being a sensor. Or at least using some amount of Se, even though I score so low on it on every single test, I think there is a possibility, that if I really use strong Fi it can make me look inuitive, even if I am not. The true is I feel closer to intuition, than sensing, but still I have some characteristics, that can strike out Se. I have pretty developed aesthetic feeling, good ear for music and good eye for style. I love fashion and folowing current trends and I also can somehow smell what is new and trendy. I also have really party nature and often tend to act on a spur of current feeling without thinking about the consequences. I also have very high temper and can get extremly passionate about some things. I have problems with holding my energy and anger and even for a woman my age, short height and low weight I suprise people with how agrassive I can get. I also can enjoy a lot sensory things... I am an art lover, style lover, fashion lover, food love, good wine lover... I tend be a bohemian in a lot of ways.