User Tag List

123 Last

Default I am still so confused! Please help me with my type

Hi! Thanks for reading this thread . I am an old sailor riding through MBTI and enneagram waves for pretty long, to the point I admited I will be forever confused about my type. But I don't want this... I want once and for all, now what type I am, but it seems like imposible mission. First I was really sure I am some kind of NF type, most likely ENFP, then also INFP, or INFJ. Then I started to read more about functions and I very much relate to Ti, so I considered, that I might be ENTP, or INTP as well as INFJ with well developed Ti. But then the doubters came with their...you are Se... So I started to consider, that I am an ISFP, or ESFP after all... And now...now I just really don't know what the hell am I?! Ti, or Te? Fi dominant, or not? Intuitive, or a sensor?
    The same is with my enneagram... I was sure I am a 4w5, but I disliked how tragic and dramatic 4s are described, so I started to doubt,... Then 4w3 came out as an another possibility along with 7, or 6. And now... I just don't know. I feel like I really could be any enneagram and any MBTI type with any functions. Could anyone please really help me narrow it down? Step by step would be the best, but I would be glad for any other suggestions, opinions, advices... I just really wanna finally know my type.

Anyone, please?

WALMART

Well, Jung said the arc of Se-doms largely spans men. I think sensing in general is more rare for women, like thinking is.

So the odds are there for xNFP, which would be my best guess - ENFP. You don't strike me as a rational-dom.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

What results do you get from function and/or type tests?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Hi! Thanks for reading this thread . I am an old sailor riding through MBTI and enneagram waves for pretty long, to the point I admited I will be forever confused about my type. But I don't want this... I want once and for all, now what type I am, but it seems like imposible mission. First I was really sure I am some kind of NF type, most likely ENFP, then also INFP, or INFJ. Then I started to read more about functions and I very much relate to Ti, so I considered, that I might be ENTP, or INTP as well as INFJ with well developed Ti. But then the doubters came with their...you are Se... So I started to consider, that I am an ISFP, or ESFP after all... And now...now I just really don't know what the hell am I?! Ti, or Te? Fi dominant, or not? Intuitive, or a sensor?
    The same is with my enneagram... I was sure I am a 4w5, but I disliked how tragic and dramatic 4s are described, so I started to doubt,... Then 4w3 came out as an another possibility along with 7, or 6. And now... I just don't know. I feel like I really could be any enneagram and any MBTI type with any functions. Could anyone please really help me narrow it down? Step by step would be the best, but I would be glad for any other suggestions, opinions, advices... I just really wanna finally know my type.
    You are INFP, the most self-doubting of types.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

The Iron Giant

@Polly, let's hit it one point at a time. We'll start with enneagram since that one's generally easier and usually seems more visible to others. What is the result you usually get when you take an enneagram test, like the one on http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I'd like to see your results — including the percentage scores — on the official "Step I" MBTI and the Big Five Inventory. That second test isn't "MBTI" but it's only 45 questions and academically approved and, for people with reasonable-strength preferences, the results on four of the Big Five dimensions tend to match the corresponding MBTI dimensions.

The Big Five Inventory results that would correspond to INFP (*cough* just as an example *cough*) would be high in Openness, low in Conscientiousness, low in Extraversion, and high in Agreeableness.

Neuroticism is the bonus dimension, although "bonus" isn't necessarily an apt term if your Neuroticism is above average (like mine).

Finally: If you're sick of tests or allergic to the dichotomies or whatever, feel free to ignore this post.

@Stephen thank you for the test link... my score was: Based entirely on highest score, you appear to have Type 4 personality characteristics... That is what I get on all enneagram tests. I've never scored any other than 4, but there are so many doubtful questions... like I am idealistic, but on the other hand I try to be objective... I always fight for what I feel is right, but I dislike the tension of confrontation. I always say things direct, I say what I feel, what I think, what I see, but I also try not to hurt others. I am private, but I love to welcome new people in my life... I can be relaxed, but I tend to worry too much also... It's like... all the oppisites at one. For me it is just so hard to answer test questions, because most of the time, I feel like somewhere in the middle.

@reckful thank you for the link also.. I score as
    I moderate
    N clear
    F clear
    P slight ... But also a lot of doubts... I love to get to know new people, I like to to talk, but I dislike when others know too much about me, so I am more reserved about who I am and I am harder to get to know, but I love to get to know others and I love to spend my time with others much more, than just by my own self... I am shy, reserved, but I hate to be alone and love to be with my friends... What does it make me? I or E? I always create my day plans, schedules and I stuck to them. I disike sudden and unexpected change, but I also dislike to follow schedules and rules of someone else. I crate my own, follow my own and I believe in them... but I hate formal rules. I like logic, analytic thinking, getting to the core of problems breaking things down to parts to see how they work, I try to be objective, but I am sentimental, I care of other's feelings and beliefs and I'd hate to hurt someone. I tend to verbaly fight with others, just because I believe fitghting for what I believe in is more important, than just to be nice. I dislike people, who are just nice, to be nice. Why is to so? It's fake... Say what you believe in, it important!What is it F or T?
    The other test was much easier to answer...clear question, clear answers... I could relate to it pretty much... I scored as:
    Openness to Experience/Intellect
    High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
    You are relatively open to new experiences. (Your percentile: 76)

Conscientiousness
    High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
    You probably have a messy desk! (Your percentile: 0)

Extraversion
    High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
    You are neither particularly social or reserved. (Your percentile: 59)

Agreeableness
    High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
    You find it easy to criticize others. (Your percentile: 6)

Neuroticism
    High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
    You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things.
    @superunknown Why do you think I am an ENFP? Why not rational type? @alcea rosea Functions tests often give my scores like...Ni, Fi, Ne, Ti, Si, Fe, Te, Se... So some kind of INFP, INFJ, INTP hybrid.
    FUCK THIS...sorry if the post doesn't make much sense, It's friday and I am just drunk

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    @Stephen thank you for the test link... my score was: Based entirely on highest score, you appear to have Type 4 personality characteristics... That is what I get on all enneagram tests. I've never scored any other than 4, but there are so many doubtful questions... like I am idealistic, but on the other hand I try to be objective... I always fight for what I feel is right, but I dislike the tension of confrontation. I always say things direct, I say what I feel, what I think, what I see, but I also try not to hurt others. I am private, but I love to welcome new people in my life... I can be relaxed, but I tend to worry too much also... It's like... all the oppisites at one. For me it is just so hard to answer test questions, because most of the time, I feel like somewhere in the middle.

@reckful thank you for the link also.. I score as
    I moderate
    N clear
    F clear
    P slight ... But also a lot of doubts...
    Yup, that's what I said (see above).
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Might want to consider xNFP 6. Doubting, analytical, sentimental, displeased with unexpected change.