The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    It is right, that function tests won't show your preferences in exact order. But I still play with the idea of being a sensor. Or at least using some amount of Se, even though I score so low on it on every single test, I think there is a possibility, that if I really use strong Fi it can make me look inuitive, even if I am not. The true is I feel closer to intuition, than sensing, but still I have some characteristics, that can strike out Se. I have pretty developed aesthetic feeling, good ear for music and good eye for style. I love fashion and folowing current trends and I also can somehow smell what is new and trendy. I also have really party nature and often tend to act on a spur of current feeling without thinking about the consequences. I also have very high temper and can get extremly passionate about some things. I have problems with holding my energy and anger and even for a woman my age, short height and low weight I suprise people with how agrassive I can get. I also can enjoy a lot sensory things... I am an art lover, style lover, fashion lover, food love, good wine lover... I tend be a bohemian in a lot of ways.
    xNFx
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

I am not suprised most of you guys typed me as some kind of NF. I feel most close to the "idealists" group, but I've been so many times, told, that I vibe strong Se, than I just decided to give up and typed myself as ISFP. But if in the end I really am an NF type, how can I decide which one? I guess it would be best based on the functions, but my functions seem to be pretty messed up, or I can't really understand how they work. I made one post, that might clear it up... I decided to make a blog here and I posted some pretty open and honest stuff I am comming through right now, so maybe this would be the breaking point of finding out the functions and type.. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ad.php?t=64672

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I am not suprised most of you guys typed me as some kind of NF. I feel most close to the "idealists" group, but I've been so many times, told, that I vibe strong Se, than I just decided to give up and typed myself as ISFP. But if in the end I really am an NF type, how can I decide which one? I guess it would be best based on the functions, but my functions seem to be pretty messed up, or I can't really understand how they work. I made one post, that might clear it up... I decided to make a blog here and I posted some pretty open and honest stuff I am comming through right now, so maybe this would be the breaking point of finding out the functions and type.. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ad.php?t=64672
    Here is a paragraph on a MBTI type for you to ponder:

"ln general, they are future oriented, and direct their insight and inspiration toward an understanding of themselves and thereby human nature. Their work mirrors their integrity, and it needs to reflect their inner ideals. Solitude and an opportunity to concentrate thoroughly on what counts most is important to them. They prefer to quietly exert their influence. They have deeply felt compassion, and they desire harmony with others. They understand the complexities existing within people and among them. They do not call a great deal of attention to themselves, preferring that their contributions speak for them. They are at their best concentrating on their ideas, ideals, and inspirations."

And here is a paragraph from another type description, for the sake of contrast:

"In general, they focus deeply on their values, and they devote their lives to pursuing the ideal. They often draw people together around a common purpose and work to find a place for each person within the group. They are creative, and they seek new ideas and possibilities. They quietly push for what is important to them, and they rarely give up. While they have a gentleness about them and a delightful sense of humor, they may be somewhat difficult to get to know and may be overlooked by others. They are at their best making their world more in line with their internal vision of perfection."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Here is a paragraph on a MBTI type for you to ponder:

"ln general, they are future oriented, and direct their insight and inspiration toward an understanding of themselves and thereby human nature. Their work mirrors their integrity, and it needs to reflect their inner ideals. Solitude and an opportunity to concentrate thoroughly on what counts most is important to them. They prefer to quietly exert their influence. They have deeply felt compassion, and they desire harmony with others. They understand the complexities existing within people and among them. They do not call a great deal of attention to themselves, preferring that their contributions speak for them. They are at their best concentrating on their ideas, ideals, and inspirations."

And here is a paragraph from another type description, for the sake of contrast:

"In general, they focus deeply on their values, and they devote their lives to pursuing the ideal. They often draw people together around a common purpose and work to find a place for each person within the group. They are creative, and they seek new ideas and possibilities. They quietly push for what is important to them, and they rarely give up. While they have a gentleness about them and a delightful sense of humor, they may be somewhat difficult to get to know and may be overlooked by others. They are at their best making their world more in line with their internal vision of perfection."
    They are at their best making their world more in line with their internal vision of perfection." - This is just everything I try to do my whole life. But in general I can relate to both of the charecterisrics. From first one, I relate to everything in addition to the not call an attention, and preferring that their contributions speak for them... I like attention and I want attention. I am also not afriad to speak up for my own self. I can have pretty sharp tounge. I sometimes even like to argue, it makes my mind active and I love it. And also that... They prefer to quietly exert their influence...not at all, when I want to do something I scream it out loud and I have to say it to all of my friends. The second one: I relate to everything in addition to They often draw people together around a common purpose and work to find a place for each person within the group... I am not very good team builder, I am very individualistic. But really everything else from the second description seem to fit.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

They are at their best making their world more in line with their internal vision of perfection." - This is just everything I try to do my whole life. But in general I can relate to both of the charecterisrics. From first one, I relate to everything in addition to the not call an attention, and preferring that their contributions speak for them... I like attention and I want attention. I am also not afriad to speak up for my own self. I can have pretty sharp tounge. I sometimes even like to argue, it makes my mind active and I love it. And also that... They prefer to quietly exert their influence...not at all, when I want to do something I scream it out loud and I have to say it to all of my friends. The second one: I relate to everything in addition to They often draw people together around a common purpose and work to find a place for each person within the group... I am not very good team builder, I am very individualistic. But really everything else from the second description seem to fit.
    The second description comes from the INFP type description found in the book Life Types.

(I've changed my mind about 6, after reading your blog entry and other posts I see that 4w3 fits you precisely.)
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

The Iron Giant

I am idealistic, but on the other hand I try to be objective...
    I think idealism can be an enneagram four trait, but fours are defined by identity. A four wants, more than anything, to have an identity. In some, this can appear as a kind of constant seeking, even a leaping from thing to thing in a search for something that helps the four feel like they've found a place that they fit.

As to trying to be objective, I think that's more of a social tuning. I expect most everyone wants to be objective, whether it's something that's comfortable for them or not. My two cents on that is that it's kind of crap the way we're pushed toward objectivity when subjective experience is, in most cases, actually far more important. In other words, I wouldn't put that into your personality type.

I always fight for what I feel is right, but I dislike the tension of confrontation.
    The latter is more important than the former when it comes to determining type, and what it says to me is that your type could be a withdrawn type. That's just a category. Four would fit there. So would some others, like five, or nine. Nines are largely defined by avoiding confrontation, but I'm a six and I can be that way pretty often, too.

I always say things direct, I say what I feel, what I think, what I see, but I also try not to hurt others.
    That's great. Trying not to hurt others is another social tuning, particularly of women in many cultures, but is more often associated in some systems of typology as "feeling." Speaking plainly is a common trait of "objective perception," and among the functions I personally have noticed it more in Se users. Jung's Se is very present, very real, very direct. I also see this in my xSFJ friends a lot. So if we're talking dichotomies, I think this points (inconclusively) to SF.

I am private, but I love to welcome new people in my life... I can be relaxed, but I tend to worry too much also... It's like... all the oppisites at one. For me it is just so hard to answer test questions, because most of the time, I feel like somewhere in the middle.
    Well said. This is a real problem with typology: that it's based on what we're like "most of the time" rather than what we always are. A lot of what you'll see, particularly on the web, will claim that everyone of a certain type is a certain way, and not a certain other way, and that's simply not true. If you picture all of humanity as a pizza that typology cuts into slices, whether that's eight slices, nine slices, or sixteen slices, it may become more clear that the cuts are artificial. There's plenty of cheese everywhere, even if more of it is on some of those slices than others. Note how cheesy my metaphor is, for example. Aaaaand now I'm hungry.

But also a lot of doubts... I love to get to know new people, I like to to talk, but I dislike when others know too much about me, so I am more reserved about who I am and I am harder to get to know, but I love to get to know others and I love to spend my time with others much more, than just by my own self... I am shy, reserved, but I hate to be alone and love to be with my friends... What does it make me? I or E?
    I'd call this inconclusive. It may sound like extraversion on the surface, with the preference of being with others, but that can simply be a sign of conscious use of Fe (IxFJ). With respect to your enneagram type, if fours tie their identity in to who they associate with, this fits. That's less like a nine or five.

I always create my day plans, schedules and I stuck to them. I disike sudden and unexpected change, but I also dislike to follow schedules and rules of someone else. I crate my own, follow my own and I believe in them... but I hate formal rules. I like logic, analytic thinking, getting to the core of problems breaking things down to parts to see how they work, I try to be objective, but I am sentimental, I care of other's feelings and beliefs and I'd hate to hurt someone. I tend to verbaly fight with others, just because I believe fitghting for what I believe in is more important, than just to be nice. I dislike people, who are just nice, to be nice. Why is to so? It's fake... Say what you believe in, it important!What is it F or T?
    Going by dichotomies, I think that's F. More specifically, I think Fe. No small part of that is how Je this all looks. Schedules and plans are less often the pattern of perceiving types than judging types, but again... I'm a judging type, and I can be pretty damn disorganized.

Functions tests often give my scores like...Ni, Fi, Ne, Ti, Si, Fe, Te, Se... So some kind of INFP, INFJ, INTP hybrid.
    Function tests, at their best, can only really hope to give you your dominant function. You're scoring with Ni at the top, you can ignore the rest. That would isolate you to INxJ, but I don't see you as using Te so much as I see you using Fe, perhaps flipping with some Ti. You could be INFJ, but I think ISFJ is a better fit based on some of what you've said about being plainspoken.

That said, what could help is to know how your friends see you. Do your friends find you down to earth, accessible, and real... or more of a hard to understand kind of random unpredictable person? Jung used to say that understanding ourselves is pretty much impossible. One of my favorite quotes by Alan Watts says "Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth." I think it sums up a big part of what makes typology so difficult to do alone.

My vote here, so far, is ISFJ 4.

Stansmith

You're definitely E based on the video you posted a while back, and you vibe more like an ExFP 6w7 or So/Sx 7w6. Your energy strikes me as somewhat positive, heady and upbeat.

Stansmith

Although you're into self-expression and creativity, you seem to reject the melancholy/depressive aspects of 4. The way you describe creativity and uniqueness is also very 7-ish.

Uniqueness for a lot of Fi-7/6w7s is about self-expression and variety; the quick stimulation and satisfaction you get from crafting a persona or caricature. For a 4, it's their entire 'shameful' existence.

A huge amount of infromations ... Well I've never thought of being ISFJ. Where did this come from? After readin somehing more about INFPs and Fi, now I can see, that all of my tension and how hard I try to be according to my ideals and how much I whish and try to make things "perfect" is just this Fi. And I really do this all the time...Create an idea of how things should be and then just push and push to make this idea real, but reality often doesn't match what I wanted, 'cause all of my plans are so idealistic. Also beliefs, values, that I have are the most important to me. So even though I don't wanna be Fi, I guesss I have to admit I really am. @Stansmith You hitted my other doubt... In a blog entry I posted also here, you can see my style and indentity seeking, where I can't decide whether I found my true and original style or whether I am fake so I search for true self more.... I really have this identity and belonging issues and they are very very strong, but also they are somehow mixed up with positive and very active, imaginative 7ish energy. Sometimes it's hard to say which energies are more relevant and stronger... Sometimes I act like typical 7, sometimes like typical 4.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

[1 of 2]

@reckful Thank you ... Could you please explain why ennea 4?
    I'm far from an Enneagram expert (or an Enneagram enthusiast), but my understanding is that Enneagram 5 is basically INT country and Enneagram 4 is basically INF country. If you picture Enneagram 4 and 5 positioned on a spectrum (with 4 on the left), I'd position the four IN types along that spectrum (from left to right) in INFP–INFJ–INTP–INTJ order, with INFP the most firmly in 4 territory, INFJ close to the 4/5 borderline, and INTJ more likely than INTP to have a 6 wing. (But I don't necessarily think a 5w4 INTP is more likely than a 5w6 INTP; just that a 5w6 INTP is probably less likely than a 5w6 INTJ.) My experience with type-me subjects at INTJforum has been that it's maybe as likely for an INFJ to be a 5w4 as a 4w5 — but that could be because a 5w4 INFJ is more likely to enjoy hanging with a bunch of INTJs than a 4w5 INFJ.

You've generally typed yourself as an Enneagram 4, and you made a post where you described the aspects of your personality that you thought fit several of the Enneagram types, and I agree with you that the stuff you listed under Enneagram 4 is really the stuff that captures your core motivations best. So... that's why I pointed out that, for me, for purposes of determining your MBTI type, your identification with Enneagram 4 was worth at least a point or two in the INFP box.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Giving you more specific reactions to things you've said in your various forum posts is still on my to-do list but may be delayed for a few more days. In the meantime, I'm going to recycle some stuff I've previously posted at other forums that might be of interest to you. Although it sounds like you may be leaning strongly NF at this point, you've also continued to wonder about "Se" and at least some possibility of being one of the SP types. As you'll see if you read the long INTJforum post I link to at the end of my next post, I think that, in general, trying to type yourself based on cognitive functions analysis is not a good recipe for success, but in any case, as you'll see, the stuff I've collected in this post is pretty much all framed in terms of the dichotomies (and dichotomy combinations like NF) rather than the functions.

1. In the first spoiler is my own version of an "introduction to S and N," including some quotes from Myers and Keirsey.

2. In the next spoiler is some of my perspective on NFs (and NTs).

3. In the next spoiler is a summary I put together of David Keirsey's take on NFs (along with some of my own $.02).

[This post ended up too long, so I split it...]