• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is Honor?

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
And E. And N. And F.

: P
How certain are you of that E? I think that there are some gender differences in the way the functions present themselves - girls are more likely to feel pressured to be outgoing or feelery IMO.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
[MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION], I got 50th percentile on extraversion for the Big 5. One thing's for sure - I'm definitely no ESFJ - those are the most social type, aren't they?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

How certain are you of that E? I think that there are some gender differences in the way the functions present themselves - girls are more likely to feel pressured to be outgoing or feelery IMO.

Well you told me this when we first started talking about your type a while ago:

"Not sure! It's so hard to analyze oneself. I'm sure about E, and I'm sure about F. ESFJ? ENFJ? In the past, I used to think ENFP, but now, I think that's less likely."

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Well you told me this when we first started talking about your type a while ago:

"Not sure! It's so hard to analyze oneself. I'm sure about E, and I'm sure about F. ESFJ? ENFJ? In the past, I used to think ENFP, but now, I think that's less likely."
lol, read the first part: I'm not sure. It's so hard to analyze myself.

W

WALMART

I don't either. The dichotomy is really about how much one relies on facts/data/evidence vs. pattern/impression/analysis.

I'll take impression, for intuitors. Take the whimsicality of Ne users, who build into an object a great deal of worth, often abandoning it once the realization of this overestimation has been made. The difference between Ne and Ni is that Ni is unlikely to have its impressions checked against something, due to their inherent reclusive nature.

However, I don't see how anyone concerned with facts, data, and evidence would not also be interested in analysis and pattern recognition. They all seem to go hand in hand, and certainly not an exclusively defining feature of intuitors.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
[MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION], I got 50th percentile on extraversion for the Big 5. One thing's for sure - I'm definitely no ESFJ - those are the most social type, aren't they?

I'd say the ESFs are the most social types, but the ENFs are the runners-up (i.e., the EFs are the most social foursome).

Any chance you could share your percentages on all five dimensions? Were you above or below average on Neuroticism?

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I'd say the ESFs are the most social types, but the ENFs are the runners-up (i.e., the EFs are the most social foursome).

Any chance you could share your percentages on all five dimensions? Were you above or below average on Neuroticism?
50th percentile - how come? I'll look up the exact score.

EDIT: I got 46th percentile for neuroticism on that particular test. Why? How do the types correlate with neurosis?

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
50th percentile - how come? I'll look up the exact score.

EDIT: I got 46th percentile for neuroticism on that particular test. Why? How do the types correlate with neurosis?

As far as correlations go, as I understand it, there's a mild correlation between introversion and above-average neuroticism, but that's not why I find it potentially useful/interesting information to have when you're typing someone.

For starters, that fifth dimension is arguably an interesting dimension in and of itself, in terms of shedding light on someone's personality. Just because Jung and Myers missed it doesn't mean it makes sense to ignore it. Being Limbic (to use the SLOAN term) rather than Calm — i.e., being above-average in Neuroticism — tends to be associated with, among other things, anxiety/worry-proneness; emotional sensitivity/volatility; proneness to annoyance/irritation; self-consciousness; and (sometimes) depression. I'm Limbic (76th percentile on that test), and it makes me less of a cucumber than some of my fellow INTJs.

But another potentially good reason to get a read on somebody's Neuroticism score is that it can sometimes muddy the waters when you're trying to figure out what someone's MBTI preferences are. In particular, in my experience, people who are Limbic sometimes feel like they're "too emotional" to be, e.g, an INTJ. As another example, an introvert is more likely to consider themselves "shy" if they're both introverted and Limbic.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
As far as correlations go, as I understand it, there's a mild correlation between introversion and above-average neuroticism, but that's not why I find it potentially useful/interesting information to have when you're typing someone.

For starters, that fifth dimension is arguably an interesting dimension in and of itself, in terms of shedding light on someone's personality. Just because Jung and Myers missed it doesn't mean it makes sense to ignore it. Being Limbic (to use the SLOAN term) rather than Calm — i.e., being above-average in Neuroticism — tends to be associated with, among other things, anxiety/worry-proneness; emotional sensitivity/volatility; proneness to annoyance/irritation; self-consciousness; artistic interests and abilities; and (sometimes) depression. I'm Limbic (76th percentile on that test), and it makes me less of a cucumber than some of my fellow INTJs.

But another potentially good reason to get a read on somebody's Neuroticism score is that it can sometimes muddy the waters when you're trying to figure out what someone's MBTI preferences are. In particular, in my experience, people who are Limbic sometimes feel like they're "too emotional" to be, e.g, an INTJ. As another example, an introvert is more likely to consider themselves "shy" if they're both introverted and Limbic.
Super interesting, but I'm not sure if this is consistent with my anecdotal experience. The most neurotic people I know are an ENFJ and an ENFP. My mom is extremely neurotic - I think she's an ESxJ. It might be the case that introverts think they're neurotic more often than extroverts, though, because in my experience, Es can be really out of touch with themselves.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You thought about ENTP? It could split the difference.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Super interesting, but I'm not sure if this is consistent with my anecdotal experience. The most neurotic people I know are an ENFJ and an ENFP. My mom is extremely neurotic - I think she's an ESxJ. It might be the case that introverts think they're neurotic more often than extroverts, though, because in my experience, Es can be really out of touch with themselves.

I noted that (as I understand it) Big Five data shows a mild correlation between Neuroticism and introversion. "Mild" means you should expect plenty of calm introverts and neurotic extraverts.

I definitely wasn't meaning to suggest that if you came out Calm (which you barely did in any case), that would be worth a point or two on the extravert side.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I noted that (as I understand it) Big Five data shows a mild correlation between Neuroticism and introversion. "Mild" means you should expect plenty of calm introverts and neurotic extraverts.

I definitely wasn't meaning to suggest that if you came out Calm (which you barely did in any case), that would be worth a point or two on the extravert side.
Right, exactly.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Okay, I went through these materials, and I relate to INFJ way more than ENFJ.

The first two links for INFJ were like a window into my mind. I especially connected with the following sentences:
1. They trust their intuitive insights into the true relationships and meanings of things, regardless of established authority or popularly accepted beliefs.
2. These inspirations seem so valid and important that they sometimes have trouble understanding why everyone does not accept them.
3. Their inner independence is often not conspicuous because INFJs value harmony and fellowship; they work to persuade others to approve of and cooperate with their purposes.
4. They have faith in their insights and find that they often empathically understand the feelings and motivations of people before the others themselves are aware of them.
5. They are loyal to people and institutions that exemplify their values but have little interest in those that do not.
6. They are invested in growth and development for themselves and significant others and are willing to consider unconventional paths to achieve these.
7. Though INFJs are usually reserved, they don't hesitate to assert themselves when their values are violated. Then they can be persistent and insistent.

I didn't relate to the description in the first two links for ENFJ at all. I'm friendly and sympathetic, but I'm not tactful. I don't have trouble seeing the flaws of people close to me. I don't refuse to look at disagreeable facts or criticism that hurts. I don't always see the value in other people's opinions when they're different from mine. I don't have faith that harmony can be achieved. I don't tend to concentrate on the admirable qualities in others unless it's deserved. I'm terrible at building consensus, because I stick to my guns no matter what.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Okay, I went through these materials, and I relate to INFJ way more than ENFJ.

That doesn't surprise me. As I said, I ended up with an INFJ lean after browsing some of your forum posts, and I'm definitely voting INFJ at this point.

Again, though, pretty much all the respectable sources subscribe to the view that most or all of the MBTI preferences come in mild, medium and strong varieties, and that there are significant aspects of personality that more than one of the preferences combine to contribute to. So you could well be a relatively mild introvert and, on top of that, the fact that you're an F means you're likely to be a more people/relationship-oriented introvert than you would be if you were an IT.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
That doesn't surprise me. As I said, I ended up with an INFJ lean after browsing some of your forum posts, and I'm definitely voting INFJ at this point.

Again, though, pretty much all the respectable sources subscribe to the view that most or all of the MBTI preferences come in mild, medium and strong varieties, and that there are significant aspects of personality that more than one of the preferences combine to contribute to. So you could well be a relatively mild introvert and, on top of that, the fact that you're an F means you're likely to be a more people/relationship-oriented introvert than you would be if you were an IT.
The more I think about it, the more I feel I'm a clear introvert. I think my warmth and curiosity about certain people gets mistaken as extroversion. I mean, I've made 18 friends on this forum, and in the same time period, [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION] (ENFP) has made 52. That may be a rough measure, but I think in this case, it may say something.