User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

@Honor

I've browsed some of your forum posts and I don't see any reason to doubt your N, F or J. Not far from the middle on E/I seems to fit, too, but I've got a mild I lean.

If you'd be interested in taking a Big Five test, the Big Five Inventory is free, and it's actually one of the more well-regarded Big Five tests (created and used by academics doing Big Five studies). And because, unlike a typical "forced choice" MBTI test, the BFI lets you choose in-the-middle or mildly or strongly for each item, it can arguably make a stronger claim that its results may have something to say about the strength of your preferences.

It's only 45 items long, so it's a relatively quick one, but only take it if you want to. I realize you may have had enough of tests for now and/or may not view the Big Five as a useful "second opinion" on your MBTI preferences.

PS: On the E/I issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    I don't really have an inner circle; I treat every person I meet on the street like they're my best friend.
    You didn't reeeeally mean this, did you?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    @Honor

I've browsed some of your forum posts and I don't see any reason to doubt your N, F or J. Not far from the middle on E/I seems to fit, too, but I've got a mild I lean.

If you'd be interested in taking a Big Five test, the Big Five Inventory is free, and it's actually one of the more well-regarded Big Five tests (created and used by academics doing Big Five studies). And because, unlike a typical "forced choice" MBTI test, the BFI lets you choose in-the-middle or mildly or strongly for each item, it can arguably make a stronger claim that its results may have something to say about the strength of your preferences.

It's only 45 items long, so it's a relatively quick one, but only take it if you want to. I realize you may have had enough of tests for now and/or may not view the Big Five as a useful "second opinion" on your MBTI preferences.

PS: On the E/I issue...

You didn't reeeeally mean this, did you?
    Haha good catch! If I remember correctly, I said that in response to someone asking about my instinctual variant stacking, and I was talking about being a soc primary. I meant that I treat everyone as a potential best friend (i.e. a member of my group) and not that I open up that quickly or am super engaging with strangers. I'm not! Historically, I've been very shy and the more stressed out I am, the more I avoid social interaction. Also, I totally don't know why I said that I don't really have an inner circle because I do, haha!

Will take the Big 5 right now
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    If there's ANYTHING I know about honor's type. It's that she's a J
    And E. And N. And F.

: P

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    And E. And N. And F.

: P
    How certain are you of that E? I think that there are some gender differences in the way the functions present themselves - girls are more likely to feel pressured to be outgoing or feelery IMO.

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

@reckful, I got 50th percentile on extraversion for the Big 5. One thing's for sure - I'm definitely no ESFJ - those are the most social type, aren't they?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

How certain are you of that E? I think that there are some gender differences in the way the functions present themselves - girls are more likely to feel pressured to be outgoing or feelery IMO.
    Well you told me this when we first started talking about your type a while ago:

"Not sure! It's so hard to analyze oneself. I'm sure about E, and I'm sure about F. ESFJ? ENFJ? In the past, I used to think ENFP, but now, I think that's less likely."

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Well you told me this when we first started talking about your type a while ago:

"Not sure! It's so hard to analyze oneself. I'm sure about E, and I'm sure about F. ESFJ? ENFJ? In the past, I used to think ENFP, but now, I think that's less likely."
    lol, read the first part: I'm not sure. It's so hard to analyze myself.

WALMART

I don't either. The dichotomy is really about how much one relies on facts/data/evidence vs. pattern/impression/analysis.
    I'll take impression, for intuitors. Take the whimsicality of Ne users, who build into an object a great deal of worth, often abandoning it once the realization of this overestimation has been made. The difference between Ne and Ni is that Ni is unlikely to have its impressions checked against something, due to their inherent reclusive nature.

However, I don't see how anyone concerned with facts, data, and evidence would not also be interested in analysis and pattern recognition. They all seem to go hand in hand, and certainly not an exclusively defining feature of intuitors.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

@reckful, I got 50th percentile on extraversion for the Big 5. One thing's for sure - I'm definitely no ESFJ - those are the most social type, aren't they?
    I'd say the ESFs are the most social types, but the ENFs are the runners-up (i.e., the EFs are the most social foursome).

Any chance you could share your percentages on all five dimensions? Were you above or below average on Neuroticism?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    I'd say the ESFs are the most social types, but the ENFs are the runners-up (i.e., the EFs are the most social foursome).

Any chance you could share your percentages on all five dimensions? Were you above or below average on Neuroticism?
    50th percentile - how come? I'll look up the exact score.

EDIT: I got 46th percentile for neuroticism on that particular test. Why? How do the types correlate with neurosis?