User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 204

  1. #31
    girl with a pretty smile Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    This is what I was trying to communicate before I think. You give off a really warm vibe that the two INFJ females I know in real life don't. Sorry I'm not participating more in this thread, I just trust others' instincts on here more than my own when it comes to typing. I'm keeping up on my reading though
    no need to apologize my dear - participate as you wish!
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

    thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    It's always been really easy for me to tell that I'm an introvert. That's because my thinking style and overall sources of energy better reflect it. Do you get your energy from interaction, or do you need time to charge back up?

    For me, connecting with social contexts has always taken an effort on my part. It can be fun, but it's not the first thing on my list. Also, think of your "natural state".

  3. #33
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    hmm, so it seems like i'm definitely an FJ of some sort. most of the male infjs i meet don't seem to come across as warm, first and foremost, but what about the females? could it be a gender thing? what do you think about isfj or esfj?
    infjs please don't take offense!!!

    but...as much as i like infjs they don't come across as warm to me either...they are adorable to me because of their guarded almost snarly self tho haha
    they really look to me a lot of the time like IF ONE MORE PERSON SAYS THE WRONG THING TO ME!!!! haha

    my sweet mother...omg i love her crazy but wow does she crack me up...i swear i can see steam billow out of her ears when she gets upset. and she's the worst about actually ever saying the words.... the phrase passive aggressive was invented for her...it's freakin hilarious..

    so yeah...probably part of my reason for saying e over i for you. but ime esfj reads warmer than enfj....but i haven't known thaaat many either.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #34
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Sorry about my lack of knowledgeable-ness but what's a Pi dom?
    Oh, no, sorry to have used fairly obscure terminology!

    It stands for "Perceiving, introverted", like pinkgraffiti said, Ni or Si.

    The reason I mention this is because you don't come off as a Perceiving-dominant, even a -J Perceiver (IxxJs). Perceiving dominants tend to be more... waiting, in a way? They are more passive and responding, even the J varieties. Your energy is very reach out and welcome. It's very warm and open but it's also forward and actively inviting. That's why I mentioned e2, as well, because there's something about you that's noticeably forward-reaching. I'm not saying I necessarily think you're a 2, but I'm trying to account for that warm, embracing, forward-reaching energy, which is not particularly characteristic of either e1 or IxFJ.

    The IxFJs can absolutely be warm and welcoming, but it's more held back and more waiting to be engaged. I don't know a huge amount of IxFJs, so I could be wrong, but most that I know tend to be more sincere and polite than actively welcoming. They are introverts, after all, and tend to keep their outward engagement of energy more contained unless a specific reason for its usage presents itself. Introverts seem to be havens in and of themselves, wells of pleasantly humming self-sustaining energy, but with you it's like you reach forward and it seems like an outflow of warm energy that's been held back, like there's more and more and more where it came from.

  5. #35
    girl with a pretty smile Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    It's always been really easy for me to tell that I'm an introvert. That's because my thinking style and overall sources of energy better reflect it. Do you get your energy from interaction, or do you need time to charge back up?

    For me, connecting with social contexts has always taken an effort on my part. It can be fun, but it's not the first thing on my list. Also, think of your "natural state".
    it's hard to tell. i definitely do not like feeling completely disconnected from everyone in my surrounding area; i like to feel as though i'm part of the group and am connecting deeply with at least one person. however, i avoid big parties, often turn down invitations to hang out from people i don't know really well, and i'm happy by myself as long as i know there are a few important people in my life that i have an intimate connection with. for example, my mom and dad and my brother all think i'm an introvert, i guess because i hate going to those family gatherings, and i'm always the first one to be ready to leave.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    infjs please don't take offense!!!

    but...as much as i like infjs they don't come across as warm to me either...they are adorable to me because of their guarded almost snarly self tho haha
    they really look to me a lot of the time like IF ONE MORE PERSON SAYS THE WRONG THING TO ME!!!! haha

    my sweet mother...omg i love her crazy but wow does she crack me up...i swear i can see steam billow out of her ears when she gets upset. and she's the worst about actually ever saying the words.... the phrase passive aggressive was invented for her...it's freakin hilarious..

    so yeah...probably part of my reason for saying e over i for you. but ime esfj reads warmer than enfj....but i haven't known thaaat many either.
    i guess the thing is that both esfj and enfj are really socially astute types, and i'm not sure i'm all that socially astute.

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Oh, no, sorry to have used fairly obscure terminology!

    It stands for "Perceiving, introverted", like pinkgraffiti said, Ni or Si.

    The reason I mention this is because you don't come off as a Perceiving-dominant, even a -J Perceiver (IxxJs). Perceiving dominants tend to be more... waiting, in a way? They are more passive and responding, even the J varieties. Your energy is very reach out and welcome. It's very warm and open but it's also forward and actively inviting. That's why I mentioned e2, as well, because there's something about you that's noticeably forward-reaching. I'm not saying I necessarily think you're a 2, but I'm trying to account for that warm, embracing, forward-reaching energy, which is not particularly characteristic of either e1 or IxFJ.

    The IxFJs can absolutely be warm and welcoming, but it's more held back and more waiting to be engaged. I don't know a huge amount of IxFJs, so I could be wrong, but most that I know tend to be more sincere and polite than actively welcoming. They are introverts, after all, and tend to keep their outward engagement of energy more contained unless a specific reason for its usage presents itself. Introverts seem to be havens in and of themselves, wells of pleasantly humming self-sustaining energy, but with you it's like you reach forward and it seems like an outflow of warm energy that's been held back, like there's more and more and more where it came from.
    hehe, no problem - thanks for the explanation! yeah, i see what you mean. i definitely, definitely am an outwardly reaching person. and woah, your description of "an outburst of warm energy that's been held back, like there's more and more where it came from" is eerily accurate.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

    thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

  6. #36
    girl with a pretty smile Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    y'all, i'm thinking maybe estj.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

    thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

  7. #37
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    Can you think of any time that you were under such stress that a different side to you came out, that isn't your usual self? If so, how did you behave?

    Also, bear in mind that I/E isn't just whether you're sociable or not. It's if your primary function abstracts information from the environment, which makes it heavily subjective (I), or if your primary function uses information that is connected purely to the environment (E).

    As an example: Fe uses collective (so they are in the environment, not abstracted and individualised) values to go by (e.g. "Do not do unto others what you do not want others to do unto you"). Fi uses individualised values that are abstracted from the environment, so only apply to said person.

    There are very sociable introverts and very unsociable extroverts.

  8. #38
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    y'all, i'm thinking maybe estj.
    Whoa! Where'd that T come from? Haha. I do kinda like ESFJ for you. And I still like ENFJ I think too.

    What's making you think that?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  9. #39
    girl with a pretty smile Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Can you think of any time that you were under such stress that a different side to you came out, that isn't your usual self? If so, how did you behave?

    Also, bear in mind that I/E isn't just whether you're sociable or not. It's if your primary function abstracts information from the environment, which makes it heavily subjective (I), or if your primary function uses information that is connected purely to the environment (E).

    As an example: Fe uses collective (so they are in the environment, not abstracted and individualised) values to go by (e.g. "Do not do unto others what you do not want others to do unto you"). Fi uses individualised values that are abstracted from the environment, so only apply to said person.

    There are very sociable introverts and very unsociable extroverts.
    About Fe vs. Fi, I don't know if I have a clear understanding of what the difference is, but I don't automatically shift my values to be in agreement with the values/beliefs of people around me and then act like everyone who doesn't do that is an ass, if that's what you guys mean. I don't have time for such silliness.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

    thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

  10. #40
    girl with a pretty smile Honor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Whoa! Where'd that T come from? Haha. I do kinda like ESFJ for you. And I still like ENFJ I think too.

    What's making you think that?
    am still considering it...i really don't think i'm socially astute enough to be esfj or enfj. like i do things that the people around me don't agree with and don't bat an eye about it. i would never shift my values to appease other people, and i feel like both of those types do that like they're being paid for it.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

    thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. What type is House?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1046
    Last Post: 11-23-2015, 07:15 PM
  3. What type is Falcarius the dinosaur?
    By Falcarius in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  4. What type is he?
    By Climber07 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO