User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Default Am I really 8w9?

Umm... Well, I have a question. I am an 8( which is rather uncommon for an INTP, though in the quiz 5 was closely) . Most of the tests give me a 8w9 vibe. And while I partially agree with this, I also partially question this. I am not really visibly agressive unless angered, I can be rather quiet and not touch anyone. I can be really nice and supportive to others as long as they' re not hostile to me. Seems like 8w9 traits. But I know that 9 is associated with calmness. Then I recall my INFP friend. Both of us value calmness, though in a different way. For her, calmness and inner peace are above else, she is ready to omit her even the most desired goals just not to disturb her calmness. She can be rather gentle, but sometimes she is just too gentle, she can' t be hard when it' s needed to( maybe that' s why I always have to push her forward) .I' m not saying she is an awful person or that I don' t want to be friends with her. Just this is the part of her personality that I don' t understand. And then there is me. I value calmness as well, try to keep my head calm, but for me calmness is a mean I need, not a goal to strive for. I need calmness to keep my mind clear, so that I can rationally think and find optimal ways to achieve my goals. If I lose calmness, I give in to panic, therefore I can' t think clearly, therefore I can' t achieve my goals. I am calm on the outside, but I won' t desert my goals and ideals. The ends don' t justify the means for me, but I will fight others if they stand on my way( though I won' t commit any acts I consider dirty or amoral) . I will fight the people close to me only if they did something that contradicts my beliefs and morality. And sometimes I can be flexible, I can omit minor goals, but if I find some big goal to achieve, the one that will make me dream of it and fascinate me, I will put all my passion and energy into it, I will go against rules and society( however, I always went against rules and society) , I will neglect many things that seem minor to me, only to pursue it, as long as my beliefs and morality allow me.
    So, am I really an 8w9, or some other 8? Just the omitting goals solely for calmness is not my behaviour.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

You sound more like a 1w9 than an 8w9.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
    Umm... Well, I have a question. I am an 8( which is rather uncommon for an INTP, though in the quiz 5 was closely) . Most of the tests give me a 8w9 vibe. And while I partially agree with this, I also partially question this. I am not really visibly agressive unless angered, I can be rather quiet and not touch anyone. I can be really nice and supportive to others as long as they' re not hostile to me. Seems like 8w9 traits. But I know that 9 is associated with calmness. Then I recall my INFP friend. Both of us value calmness, though in a different way. For her, calmness and inner peace are above else, she is ready to omit her even the most desired goals just not to disturb her calmness. She can be rather gentle, but sometimes she is just too gentle, she can' t be hard when it' s needed to( maybe that' s why I always have to push her forward) .I' m not saying she is an awful person or that I don' t want to be friends with her. Just this is the part of her personality that I don' t understand. And then there is me. I value calmness as well, try to keep my head calm, but for me calmness is a mean I need, not a goal to strive for. I need calmness to keep my mind clear, so that I can rationally think and find optimal ways to achieve my goals. If I lose calmness, I give in to panic, therefore I can' t think clearly, therefore I can' t achieve my goals. I am calm on the outside, but I won' t desert my goals and ideals. The ends don' t justify the means for me, but I will fight others if they stand on my way( though I won' t commit any acts I consider dirty or amoral) . I will fight the people close to me only if they did something that contradicts my beliefs and morality. And sometimes I can be flexible, I can omit minor goals, but if I find some big goal to achieve, the one that will make me dream of it and fascinate me, I will put all my passion and energy into it, I will go against rules and society( however, I always went against rules and society) , I will neglect many things that seem minor to me, only to pursue it, as long as my beliefs and morality allow me.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

In that case, is that normal for 1w9 to dislike weakness? I can' t stand being weak, or at least looking weak. I can eat myself alot, just to get rid of those weaknesses. That is another reason why I' m visibly quiet. Because I believe being overly emotional is a weakness, and I' m ashamed of being weak, for me it' s like a dishonour.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

In that case, is that normal for 1w9 to dislike weakness? I can' t stand being weak, or at least looking weak. I can eat myself alot, just to get rid of those weaknesses. That is another reason why I' m visibly quiet. Because I believe being overly emotional is a weakness, and I' m ashamed of being weak, for me it' s like a dishonour.
    Depends on the principles of the 1w9, I'd reckon.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I virtually never get angry, and if I do, I spend a great deal of energy to keep from showing it...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    It only partially reasonites.
    Unlike the user in that topic, I see nothing wrong with giving up on hope. In fact, I see hope as just a beautiful illusion that stops my mind from being clear, and that colours everything in bright colours. If I give in to it, I will cover my mind with meaningless fantasies, and if I do so, it will be really painful when these fantasies will fade away. I don' t want it. I want to see everything as it is, because I want to be vary of the attacks life is preparing to me, and becuse I want to fight these attacks off.
    See, I have an agressive attitude more to life itself rather than people. In my eyes, life is not suffering, but is a great gift, yet a constant struggle and a fight. Fight against different things: circumstances, society, destiny if it exists. Fight for what you want, for making everything the way you want it. One can give up and embrace what they call destiny, but I believe there is no fate but what we make( and yep, I' m a Terminator fan) . Even when the whole world is against me, I will fight. We all die someday, and when I die, I want to leave life as a winner, or at least someone who fell fighting for what they believed in, not a person who gave up, a person who bent her own life by her bidding, not who was bent by the bidding of life. If I let go of my beliefs, I will consider that life has won by managing to change me, so I can' t sacrafice them. I don' t want to be the victim of the circumstances, I want circumstances to serve me.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

many types dislike weakness (1s, 3s, 5s, cp6s, 7s, 8s)

I second @Wind-Up Rex 's suggestion of 1w9

PS: you also sound Fi/Te (principled, goal oriented, passionate). have you ever considered INFP or INTJ?

so far I'm seeing INTJ 1w9 Sp/Sx for your type
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    many types dislike weakness (1s, 3s, 5s, cp6s, 7s, 8s)

I second @Wind-Up Rex 's suggestion of 1w9

PS: you also sound Fi/Te (principled, goal oriented, passionate). have you ever considered INFP or INTJ?

so far I'm seeing INTJ 1w9 Sp/Sx for your type
    Well, in one of my other topics in the NT section, I posted that what I find strange about myself is using Fi and other shadow functions. And, according to the cognitive functions test, while Ti and Ne being my main functions, I also had strongly developed Te, Ni and Fi( and about 50% Si) . Fe is my weakest function. INTJ could work, but all my family are Js, I can say I' m myself too chaotic and unorderly to be one. An INFP... No way. Like I said, I have an INFP friend. She' s sweet, but her personality is far from mine. I constantly have to push her forward so that she won' t miss all her life( like I said, she' s just too calm sometimes) , she is also rather sensitive and feely sometimes( while I' m rather stoic and logical) , shhe is more family - oriented while I' m more of a career & knowledge seeker.
    Sp might be true( however sometimes I' m just too risky for it) , but Sx? I' m not pretty/ beautiful/ sexy/ attractive or anything like that. Like I said, I don' t pursue relationships( well, I did love once, but it ended up very painful to me, so I don' t want this any longer) . I don' t care about sex, I haven' t even reached a proper age to do that( I' m 16 so far) . Now I' m single and I' m comfortable with it. However, I' m not an So either, because I generally dislike society and it' s rules, I rebel against them, and I don' t care what people think about me. It' s more like " Me vs Society" , rather than a peaceful coexistance.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Elaine
    you seem to self critical and analytical to be 8w9. they call them "The Bear" for a reason. their energy is immense and extremely slow, coming off something like this:

ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire