• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Would These Characters' Types Be?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I put this in "What's My Type" because these are characters from a novel I'm currently writing.
Can anyone guess what types would fit these characters?

The main characters are the bright slacker and the bitter salutatorian- two high school students that were once best friends but drifted off into different social scenes. The story will be from the point of view of both B.S's

Bright Slacker- A bright slacker who is a high school senior. He enjoys partying and is known by most as fun loving drunk. He doesn't work to his potential- does very well on standardized tests (the highest in his class) but has lackluster grades. He wants to get into a long-term relationship but is so insecure about his ability to maintain one that he simply hookups with girls in his grade w/o showing any emotional commitment to them. However, in many ways he is an intellectual and loves to read in his spare time. He qualifies for an all-state math competition and is persuaded to go by the math department. He likes the fact that the competition is at a university which means there may be people he can drink with.

Bitter Salutatorian- He is obsessed with getting into Harvard. He brags about his accomplishments often and everyone knows him. It's somewhat of a blow when the "Bitter Salutatorian" who used to be ranked #1 gets knocked down to #2 because he got 2 A-'s his junior year. He mostly serves as a stereotype of the overachiever but has some personal development when it is revealed that he and the protagonist were one best friends but moved on to different social scenes .

Bitter Salutatorian's Best Friend- A quiet kid who likes to build things and write poetry- he's also the only one who actually puts up with the Bitter Salutatorian's favorite topics of discussion. He's the other kid to qualify for the all-state math competition and gets to know the protagonist well there- the Bitter Salutatorian missed qualifying by one point.. something that would make his day.

Party Girl- A girl that the protagonist has sex with at a party. She's a cheerful slutty type who doesn't think of the consequences. She gets pregnant and there are three guys who could be the father- one of them being the protagonist. Due to personal beliefs, she chooses to not get an abortion- despite the pleading of the protagonist and the jock.

The Lacrosse Jock- One of the protagonist's best drinking buddies- even though the protagonist never took a liking to lacrosse, they do a lot of crazy things together when they are drunk. Superficially, the lacrosse jock and the protagonist seem very similar. Both take pride in the number of chicks they hook up with- he's also a suspect for the father of the party girl's child.

Smooth Suave Guy- He's the other guy that she slept with- a college-age student from a local university. They were the ones who had sex without a condom- so logically he's most likely the dad. He's the guy the party girl is the most attracted to and she views the other two as 'second-rate guys'.

The Determined Math Teacher- The head of the Math Department- she persuades the protagonist to go to the competition, since despite his B performance in math classes- it is clear that he's a math star. She is disappointed that her 'star pupil'- the Bitter Salutatorian missed qualifying by a point and is pessimistic about their school getting any kind of trophy this year- since as far as she knows, the Bitter Salutatorian would have the trophy in mind.

The Shy Poet- A girl that the protagonist meets at the math competition. They have a strong intellectual connection and end up spending the night discussing many topics. They begin to develop a romantic interest in each other but the Shy Poet gets a little turned off by the other side of the protagonist- the obnoxious drunk. It turns out she goes to a high school in the district right next to where he's at- so if things work out, distance won't be a problem.

The Pretty Note Taker- She's ranked #1 in the school, is pretty, part of the Cheer-leading squad, a teacher's pet, and is envied by many especially the Bitter Salutatorian. He questions how she could have taken his spot. He also has a romantic interest in her and even though she is fawned over by many guys, he is convinced that he has the smarts and ambition to win her heart.

These are some of the characters. Let me know if you can guess what their types would be based on these descriptions.
If you have any questions, let me know!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Bright Slacker- A bright slacker who is a high school senior. He enjoys partying and is known by most as fun loving drunk. He doesn't work to his potential- does very well on standardized tests (the highest in his class) but has lackluster grades. He wants to get into a long-term relationship but is so insecure about his ability to maintain one that he simply hookups with girls in his grade w/o showing any emotional commitment to them. However, in many ways he is an intellectual and loves to read in his spare time. He qualifies for an all-state math competition and is persuaded to go by the math department. He likes the fact that the competition is at a university which means there may be people he can drink with.

ENTP I think.

cn1234567890

MBTI Type
ENFP
I put this in "What's My Type" because these are characters from a novel I'm currently writing.
Can anyone guess what types would fit these characters?

The main characters are the bright slacker and the bitter salutatorian- two high school students that were once best friends but drifted off into different social scenes. The story will be from the point of view of both B.S's

^^ENTP!

Bitter Salutatorian- He is obsessed with getting into Harvard. He brags about his accomplishments often and everyone knows him. It's somewhat of a blow when the "Bitter Salutatorian" who used to be ranked #1 gets knocked down to #2 because he got 2 A-'s his junior year. He mostly serves as a stereotype of the overachiever but has some personal development when it is revealed that he and the protagonist were one best friends but moved on to different social scenes .

ooh ENTJ? ESTJ?

Bitter Salutatorian's Best Friend- A quiet kid who likes to build things and write poetry- he's also the only one who actually puts up with the Bitter Salutatorian's favorite topics of discussion. He's the other kid to qualify for the all-state math competition and gets to know the protagonist well there- the Bitter Salutatorian missed qualifying by one point.. something that would make his day.

ISFJ? INTJ? something IXXJ

Party Girl- A girl that the protagonist has sex with at a party. She's a cheerful slutty type who doesn't think of the consequences. She gets pregnant and there are three guys who could be the father- one of them being the protagonist. Due to personal beliefs, she chooses to not get an abortion- despite the pleading of the protagonist and the jock.

ESFP..

The Lacrosse Jock- One of the protagonist's best drinking buddies- even though the protagonist never took a liking to lacrosse, they do a lot of crazy things together when they are drunk. Superficially, the lacrosse jock and the protagonist seem very similar. Both take pride in the number of chicks they hook up with- he's also a suspect for the father of the party girl's child.

ESTP? ExxP

Smooth Suave Guy- He's the other guy that she slept with- a college-age student from a local university. They were the ones who had sex without a condom- so logically he's most likely the dad. He's the guy the party girl is the most attracted to and she views the other two as 'second-rate guys'.

need more!

The Determined Math Teacher- The head of the Math Department- she persuades the protagonist to go to the competition, since despite his B performance in math classes- it is clear that he's a math star. She is disappointed that her 'star pupil'- the Bitter Salutatorian missed qualifying by a point and is pessimistic about their school getting any kind of trophy this year- since as far as she knows, the Bitter Salutatorian would have the trophy in mind.

ESFJ perhaps..ENFJ

The Shy Poet- A girl that the protagonist meets at the math competition. They have a strong intellectual connection and end up spending the night discussing many topics. They begin to develop a romantic interest in each other but the Shy Poet gets a little turned off by the other side of the protagonist- the obnoxious drunk. It turns out she goes to a high school in the district right next to where he's at- so if things work out, distance won't be a problem.

INFP maybe

The Pretty Note Taker- She's ranked #1 in the school, is pretty, part of the Cheer-leading squad, a teacher's pet, and is envied by many especially the Bitter Salutatorian. He questions how she could have taken his spot. He also has a romantic interest in her and even though she is fawned over by many guys, he is convinced that he has the smarts and ambition to win her heart.

ooh i have no idea ENFP ENFJ INFJ even..something NF

These are some of the characters. Let me know if you can guess what their types would be based on these descriptions.
If you have any questions, let me know!

that was kindof fun..do you already know what they are and just testing us? :headphne:

nemo

Enneagram
<3

ESTP.

xSTJ. For some reason, I'm leaning towards ISTJ from people I've known like this in real life.

Could also be xNTJ (again, from RL experience) depending on what his motivations for achievement are.

INxP.

I'm leaning towards INTP for some reason.

ESFP.

ESxP.

For some reason, I'm leaning towards ESFP.

Exxx?

No clue. Would need more information on him. What's he like?

A mathematician that actually gives a shit about a (presumably high school or undergrad) competition must be an INTJ.

INxP.

For some (probably sexist) reason I want to say INFP.

ESFJ.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I spent a lot of time working on this story and have a better idea of myself what these people's types are.
I have added some characters and taken others out.
I changed some of their stories around a little bit, so I have new descriptions.

Rick "The Bright Slacker": ENTP
Stephen "The Bitter Salutatorian": ENTJ
Toby "The Bitter Salutatorian's Best Friend": INTP
Tara "The Party Girl": ESFP
Mike "The Lacrosse Jock": ESTJ
Dr. Duchac "The Determined Math Teacher": INTJ
Christina "The Shy Poet": INFJ
Maria "The Pretty Note Taker": ESFJ
Reed "The Jock": ESFP
Mr. Rubin "The 'Football Star' Principal": ESTP
Ms. Storkman "The Sarcastic English Teacher": ISTJ

Here are four excerpts from the story.
Excerpt #1
Rick and Toby were sitting in the back of Ms. Storkman’s English class.
Rick said, “I’m going to give you one tip with Tara. I know you can win her heart. She really likes you a lot. I know she’s a babe but you can’t treat her like she’s the fucking wife of Zeus. Girls hate that sort of stuff. She wants to see that you know how to treat her like a human being, got it?”
Toby said, “I got it. I seem to only be good at it when I’m drunk.”
Rick said, “I know, it’s tough and I’m still kind of bad at it myself.”
Toby said, “I knew there had to be a deeper reason for why you drink the way you do.”
Rick shrugged and said, “Just don’t blab it to the rest of the school- you might tell Stephen and he’s got a fucking vendetta against me or something. I don’t know what the fuck I did to him. All I did was date his best friend.”
Toby said, “Stephen’s not someone you want to deal with. He puts himself before anyone else. He would abandon his family if it meant that he would become a millionaire.”

Excerpt #2
About a hundred people showed up to the auditorium which was a record number. Dr. Duchac and Mr. Rubin were at the podium. Mr. Rubin said cheerfully, “Looks like a record.” Dr. Duchac said, “Whoever would have thought that Daniel’s interesting experience last year would bring so much more- it says something about our school.” Mr. Rubin said, “An incredibly bright young man- how did he do last year?” Dr. Duchac said with a tone of frustration, “He got zero right.” Mr. Rubin laughed and said, “Not a big deal, I would have probably got -5. I always have been a poor math student, qualifying is an achievement in itself.”
Dr. Duchac said, “We don’t emphasize mathematics enough in this school. It is one of the reasons why our school is not one of the best math schools in the state.”
Mr. Rubin laughed and said, “Kids are kids.”

Stephen and Maria made sure to sit next to each other.
Stephen said, “I am almost tempted to say that you should hide your pretty self- I may cheat off the Valedictorian.”
Someone laughed behind them. The two turned around and it was Rick.
Rick said, “Haha- cheating. What a funny word.”
Maria groaned and said, “Leave us alone. You had your chance.”
Reed said, “But ya’ mighty perdyful.”
Stephen said, “Reed, what are you doing here? I thought only honors students were allowed.”
Reed said, “I was in Honors Math in 8th grade. Duchac made sure to kick everyone out who was getting less than a B. You are probably not surprised to hear that I was one of those kicked out.”
Rick said, “We’ll have the last laugh when we are getting some college girl pussy while you two are playing the Nintendo or whatever it is you whippersnappers do these days.”
Stephen said, “You weren’t bad at the Nintendo yourself back in the day.”
Rick said, “I still play the Nintendo.”
Reed said, “It’s totally cool. I beat all the Expert songs on Guitar Hero, what about you?”
Stephen said, “Guitar Hero is for assholes.”
Maria said, “Why don’t you just leave us alone?”
Reed said, “You better be cheering for me at the football games, lady.”
Rick said, “C’mon Reedie, it’s the 21st century. We treat those of the female sex equal to that of the male sex.”
Reed said, “That’s how I treat everyone!”
Rick said, “Fine with me. By the way ‘playing the Nintendo’ is my slang for playing with each other’s pussies because Stephen is dickless.”
Maria smiled and said, “How would you know that? Is there something I don’t know? Did I lose you to a guy?”
Rick shrugged and said, “Just an expression, jeez. We should be quiet now. We don’t want to disrespect the school as they initiate our journey into the wonderful world of mathematics.”
Mr. Rubin and Dr. Duchac handed the tests and they had an hour to work on it.
Rick looked at the questions- they didn’t look so hard. The answers were right there- it was all multiple choice.
Rick watched as people started handing in their tests after a half hour. He was working out a probability problem. He knew that he could get it. It was just some weird permutation. He had to figure out the exact probability that there would be two zeros in a seven digit number. He knew that he got 19 out of 30 right for sure, he guessed on 6, all he needed was to get this problem right and he was on his way to a sweet trip to MSU. He was either getting B or C. The people who made this test were surely aware of common human errors. He circled B and handed the test in.

Excerpt #3
Rick watched the two of them talking. This relationship wasn’t going to work in Toby’s favor, unless Toby changed the way he was. Rick viewed Toby as a younger version of himself. Both of them were friends with Stephen Edens- both showed desire to move on to bigger and better things. An important difference was in personality. Rick considered himself to be an extravert and was never afraid to argue with his arrogant ex-friend. Toby took on a much weaker role. However, Rick remembered when he was simply viewed as a nerd who could do everyone’s homework because he was so smart. Rick stopped that quickly by ‘forgetting’ to do people’s homework. Toby wasn’t going to do that- especially with a girl like Tara. She thought she could use him and the saddest part was that she’s right- she can. Rick had to help Toby out. He knew that Toby could win a girl like Tara.

Excerpt #4
Linda Duchac was determined and excited, the math competition was tomorrow. She recommended that Toby and Richard worked on the practice problems. It was obvious they worked on them together since the answers were identical but a lot of the answers were correct. One of them would hopefully bring Armour High the trophy for excellence in mathematics. They were both in her Calculus class last year- Toby got a much higher grade in the subject than Richard- which would indicate Toby had the stronger math ability by far. However, Richard didn’t put any effort into anything he did. This competition didn’t require extensive studying or practice- it was a battle of pure skill. She wouldn’t be surprised if both managed to bring the school trophies. However, she placed too much of the same faith in Daniel last year. Even though, Michigan State University was a mere fifteen minutes away from Armour, both of them opted to stay in the dorms for the night. They were being hosted by some random college student. She wished that she did more research. The probability that the situation would lead Richard to get a zero was high. In fact, to come to think of it, she had no faith that Richard would do well in the competition at all. He had been lucky for his whole childhood but he certainly would never be a mathematician- he would never receive a P.H.D in mathematics like she did. She had faith that Toby would do well. She just hoped it would be high enough to bring a trophy.

Excerpt #5
That was the moment Rick saw her. He peered into Room 328 and saw her sitting cross-legged on her bed reading a book. She had long brown hair and a sweet looking face. She looked like she was busy getting some homework done- on a Friday night out of all times! He took a look at the book- War and Peace. He knew the way to flirt with her, “I read War and Peace in the 9th grade.” She was probably not reading the book because she wanted to. She was probably reading it for some English class. Rick took a look at the door and saw the names “Natasha Perez” and “Lauren Holtz”. This girl’s name must have been Lauren.
I called out, “Excuse me, Lauren. Do you know where Natasha’s at now?”
The girl looked up from her book and said, “My name’s not Lauren.”
Rick was a little embarrassed and said, “Umm.. do you know where she is?”
The girl said, “No.”
Rick said, “Ah, I enjoyed the book you’re reading right now.”
The girl said, “Really. I’m not very far in it right now.”
Rick said, “How do you know Natasha and Lauren?”
The girl said, “Natasha and I went to high school together. She offered to host me because I am here for a math competition tomorrow. There’s really no point- I’ve never been much of a math girl.”
Rick said, “Whaddya know? I’m here for the same competition! Small world, isn’t it?”
The girl said, “I’m not surprised.”
Rick said, “Really?”
The girl said, “Yea, you seem so friendly yet so awkward.”
Rick thought, “Awkward? I spent years trying to get rid of that awkwardness.”
Rick said with a smile, “Yea, everyone that goes to these nerdy competitions is socially awkward, it takes two to tango.”
The girl said a little embarrassed, “I’m the queen of awkwardness. Everyone back home says I am.”
Rick said, “Where is home for you?”
The girl said slyly, “The same place Natasha’s from.”
Rick thought, “Crap. She’s on to his game.”
The girl said, “Come on in. I don’t bite.”
Rick walked into the room and sat on the bed.
Rick took out a hand and said, “Rick Donovan of Armour, Michigan.”
The girl asked, “Where’s Armour?”
Rick said, “Ten miles west of here. Who are you?”
The girl said, “My name is Christina Bennett.”
Rick asked, “Where are you from?”
Christina said, “I live with the Rostovs in Russia.”
Rick laughed and said, “Yes, I read the book in its entirety.”
Rick decided to take a chance.
Rick said, “To change topic, are you a senior?”
Christina nodded.
Rick asked, “Do you know where you want to go to college?”
Christina said, “My dream college is Yale. I applied Early there, so I can only hope that things turn out well.”
Rick said, “You seem like a studious type. I don’t think you should have much trouble getting in there. I mean it’s not Harvard.”
Christina said, “My! Yale has so many strengths over Harvard. Harvard provides a brand name. Yale provides a true education.”
Rick said, “Harvard is better than Yale. Face the facts. I was born because of Harvard’s existence. My parents met at Harvard Law School.”
Christina said, “I hope you go to Yale instead of Harvard- to set you straight!”
Rick said, “I would rather go to University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. They have much better parties over there.”
Christina said, “I don’t think I’d want to go there- I mean I live so close to Michigan, five minutes away. It must be similar with you and Michigan State.”
Rick said, “Aha! You live in Ann Arbor- don’t you! That’s where my friend Toby Wang is from.”
Christina said, “Toby Wang. I went to school with a Toby Wang. He moved. I wonder- are we talking about the same Toby Wang? I mean, there are millions of Toby Wangs in the world.”
Rick said, “We might be. Is he an awesome math whiz?”
Christina shrugged and said, “The Toby Wang I’m talking about is pretty good at math- I guess- the school was in love with him and treated him like some kind of supergenius. The Toby Wang I am thinking of is even shyer than I am but always seemed to have an easy time making friends just by being so damn nice. A lot of people are good at math. Few are as nice as the Toby I knew.”
Rick said, “The Toby Wang I’m thinking of gets drunk every night of the week, rides a motorcycle, smokes pot, and curses off the teachers because he’s so much smarter than they are.”
Christina said, “Ah. We must be thinking of different Tobys- that Toby doesn’t seem very nice at all. You seem like a good person to talk to- I like that.”
Rick said, “Do you always look so beautiful?”
Christina said, “No guy has ever asked me that before.”
Rick asked, “So, do you have any plans for tonight?”
Christina said, “I know I should be exploring college life but I think that it is just a bunch of boring shallow parties. That is the impression I got from Natasha.”
Rick said, “I hate to say it but I am a master at those parties.”
Christina said, “Do you use self-serving pick-up lines on other girls too?”
Rick said, “I believe that’s the point of a pick-up line. It serves the self by achieving some form of objective to get rid of an instinctual drive.”
Christina said, “All that scientific talk really makes me want to sleep with you right now.”
Rick said, “I guess I just can’t help my charm.”
Rick looked around the room and saw a Scrabble box.
Rick asked, “Do you play Scrabble?”
Christina said, “Not often.”
Rick responded, “Me neither.