User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Is it even possible to be a SX/SO with strong self-pres?

Is it even possible to be a sx/so with strong self-pres? If so, what does that even look like? It seems to me the sx/so types tend to be the most radical and the most self-destructive of any other type. What on earth would a sx/so with strong sp even look like? I'm starting to suspect that I may be one.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Elfboy @EJCC @skylights @Amargith @Stansmith @Poimandres

You folks might want to check out this thread.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Well, speaking as someone who's sp-last but with fairly balanced instincts, I'd say that what it would likely mean is that they would take care of themselves better, take care of others better, be better at understanding people who are sp-first or second, and be better at saying no to things if they're too tired/sick/emotionally in the wrong place for them.

They'd still do stupid shit... but not quite as much of it.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Well, speaking as someone who's sp-last but with fairly balanced instincts, I'd say that what it would likely mean is that they would take care of themselves better, take care of others better, be better at understanding people who are sp-first or second, and be better at saying no to things if they're too tired/sick/emotionally in the wrong place for them.

They'd still do stupid shit... but not quite as much of it.
    Well I have a strong impulse to do stupid shit all the time, but then I catch myself and say, "Wait that's a bad idea" and then stop.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Well I have a strong impulse to do stupid shit all the time, but then I catch myself and say, "Wait that's a bad idea" and then stop.
    Well, there you go! That's pretty much what I'm talking about.

Although in my case, it's more like your reaction is 15% "THAT WOULD ROCK" and 85% "Eh... probably not the best idea." Averaging out to "I wish I didn't have to say no but I'm going to say no."

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Well, there you go! That's pretty much what I'm talking about.

Although in my case, it's more like your reaction is 15% "THAT WOULD ROCK" and 85% "Eh... probably not the best idea." Averaging out to "I wish I didn't have to say no but I'm going to say no."
    But @Elfboy is a definite sx/sp and he has the impulses too and also has to catch himself as well. However what really sets he and I apart is that he has always been as sp as he is now, and I have NOT.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

But @Elfboy is a definite sx/sp and he has the impulses too and also has to catch himself as well. However what really sets he and I apart is that he has always been as sp as he is now, and I have NOT.
    Don't know what to tell you. Everyone has SOME self-pres. It's a matter of what the impulses are, and how good you are at catching yourself, and any number of other things. (Including, to a degree, what your MBTI type is.) It's more nuanced that how you're making it out, I think.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Don't know what to tell you. Everyone has SOME self-pres. It's just a matter of what the impulses are, and how good you are at catching yourself. It's more nuanced that how you're making it out, I think.
    What do you mean that it's more nuanced?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

What do you mean that it's more nuanced?
    I mean it's not full of absolute yeses and absolute nos. There's no "All W types do X" and "All Y types do Z".

The answer to the thread title is yes of course it's possible for someone of one type to have this other strong thing. And the fact that you're trying to decide which stacking YOU, an ENTP 6, are, while you're comparing your behavior to mine, i.e. the behavior of an ESTJ 1, is silly. There are so many overlapping factors in there, so many reasons why my instincts may express themselves differently. Reasons why my sp-last behavior may be less risky than that of other sp-lasts. The best I can do is what I said in my first post, ambiguity notwithstanding.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I mean it's not full of absolute yeses and absolute nos. There's no "All W types do X" and "All Y types do Z".

The answer to the thread title is yes of course it's possible for someone of one type to have this other strong thing. And the fact that you're trying to decide which stacking YOU, an ENTP 6, are, while you're comparing your behavior to mine, i.e. the behavior of an ESTJ 1, is silly. There are so many overlapping factors in there, so many reasons why my instincts may express themselves differently. Reasons why my sp-last behavior may be less risky than that of other sp-lasts. The best I can do is what I said in my first post, ambiguity notwithstanding.
    But I have to compare myself to others in order to find this out. How else am I going to find this out?