User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    But I have to compare myself to others in order to find this out. How else am I going to find this out?
    Make sure you're comparing the big-picture things instead of the little things -- and sifting out the things that literally everyone does. (e.g. catching yourself before making a stupid mistake -- that's a universal human thing, and I shouldn't have responded to your comment the way I did.)

A good starting point would be talking to other NTPs or NFPs about it. My Sp usage is very shaped by my being an SJ, so it's hard for me to know what Ne-dom/second Sp would look like.

I think @Kasper could help?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Make sure you're comparing the big-picture things instead of the little things -- and sifting out the things that literally everyone does. (e.g. catching yourself before making a stupid mistake -- that's a universal human thing, and I shouldn't have responded to your comment the way I did.)

A good starting point would be talking to other NTPs or NFPs about it. My Sp usage is very shaped by my being an SJ, so it's hard for me to know what Ne-dom/second Sp would look like.

I think @Kasper could help?
    Well I'm constantly checking out the "What's it like to be sx dom" threads, the "What is like to be SO first threads" and the SP last threads. I can't relate much to what many of the SO last people are saying. I feel like I use SO.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Well I'm constantly checking out the "What's it like to be sx dom" threads, the "What is like to be SO first threads" and the SP last threads. I can't relate much to what many of the SO last people are saying. I feel like I use SO.
    From what I've seen of your various "what's my type" threads (and threads like this that are essentially "what's my type" threads in disguise), you seem to get very stuck on type details. Like behaviors of particular types -- as opposed to the mindsets behind them.

Example: I have a friend who could easily be typed as a 5 from her behavior, but when she read the description, said "That may be how I act, but the mindset is the opposite of mine". She's a 1w9.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    From what I've seen of your various "what's my type" threads (and threads like this that are essentially "what's my type" threads in disguise), you seem to get very stuck on type details. Like behaviors of particular types -- as opposed to the mindsets behind them.

Example: I have a friend who could easily be typed as a 5 from her behavior, but when she read the description, said "That may be how I act, but the mindset is the opposite of mine". She's a 1w9.
    I like to find congruences between types and if they aren't congruent then I want to know the exact reasoning as to why.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

This is kind of off topic but I just can't stand it anymore... YOUR AVATAR IS SO FREAKING UGLY!!!!

Sure, that ivy whatever can show your extreme sexual tensions, but you don't have to do it in such a revolting way.

Maybe you're perception of having strong self-pres last is actually your enneagram 6ness.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    This is kind of off topic but I just can't stand it anymore... YOUR AVATAR IS SO FREAKING UGLY!!!!

Sure, that ivy whatever can show your extreme sexual tensions, but you don't have to do it in such a revolting way.

Maybe you're perception of having strong self-pres last is actually your enneagram 6ness.
    My avatar isn't ugly, it's hot baby! It's of an extremely fuckable Poison Ivy.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I honestly feel like I have a fairly balanced amount of all 3: sx, sp, so.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

This prompt made me reconsider my ex bf who I always struggle to type. Maybe the characteristics that are eluding me are not MBTI type related, but rather instinct or enneagram related. I think he may have been an sp, and that was a point of divergence for us a lot. Any thoughts on the kinds if conflict that might be seen between sp/sx and sx/so?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

From what I've read, your dominant captains the other two instincts. Iow, if your sx determines that your sp-instinct is needed to attain its goal, then yes, it can be quite strong. Example: men often feel the pressure to be successful in gaining money and other thigns that provide security, as that is their traditional role. Since the sx-instinct is essentially the mating instinct, it would make sense to give its small sp-instinct all the resources and drive needed to attain those resources and therefor 'serve' its sx master in helping to obtain a suitable mate.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I think it's quite possible that you're a sp-last 6 and you're noticing sp because you're well-aware of how you protect yourself.

@EJCC is right, you can't compare to other people. Consider that you may have much more balanced stackings whereas others might have more skewed ones. If theoretically each person has 30 instinct energy "points", maybe you have 11 sx, 10 so, and 9 sp. And maybe someone else has 15 sx, 13 so, and 2 sp. You'd still be the same stacking but you'd probably be a bit different in terms of how you act things out.

Technically the one surefire source to know will be figuring out what you feel like HAS to be taken care of first. I didn't realize I was Social in part because the instinct feels so second-nature and obvious. And then whatever falls to the wayside, that's your last instinct, even if you still feel strong in it. Maybe try to catch yourself in daily life making choices between the instincts. Or write down a quick summary of your last couple of days, and then analyze it in terms of the instincts. What did you have no problem prioritizing? What was left behind?

For me it would be like:

Friday - class, work on artwork for charity event, complete reading and online quizzes before deadline, go with boyfriend to concert, go home to hang out with family, stay over there for the night.
    Saturday - wake up early, consider driving home, discover boyfriend is asleep in the guest room at my parents' so go back to sleep, decline boyfriend's offer to fix my car light because that sounds like a boring thing to do on my one day off, accompany brother to his haircut, get my phone charger from my apartment, get brother to take me by the school bookstore for the test sheet I need for Monday morning, go with brother to used bookstore, drive to a store for him while he is resting to get one more thing he needs, meet up with family for late dinner, talk to brother for a little while then crash.
    Sunday - work, buy some fundraiser hot dogs and bring them home for the family, help mom and brother get ready to leave, go with brother on his last-minute store run and use it to find gift for boyfriend, try to cheer up my boyfriend because he had a shitty night yesterday, spend some time for just the two of us, take him for a drive in the countryside in the sports car, spend a little time with my dad, laze around playing on our computers, then finally hole up to study for Monday morning's test. (Edit, test went well!)

You can sort of see how sp stuff always ends up getting shafted in my life, even just in these few days. I'm always leaving my school-related work til the last minute, I tend to sacrifice my own energy and sleep, I tend to forget life-maintenance-related items like my phone charger, and even when my sp boyfriend asked if he could do an sp thing for me, I didn't want to risk it taking time I could use to take care of other things. And so always gets prioritized. Gatherings, restoring harmony, focusing on others, taking part in group efforts. Those priorities are so key to me that I don't even think about prioritizing them; I just think about how to best fit them all in. My second instinct - sx - I think about more in the moment and "work it into" the so structure that segments my life. Trying to find good atmospheres, taking a slower route because I like the drive better, getting absorbed in music, driving fast, stirring up excitement in the relationship, etc. That can be found fairly easily within.

There is a blog called RunningFather with lots of great instinct variant posts, and one tidbit I loved was this:

Russ [Hudson] said that the life script of a self-pres dominant tends to emphasize continuity, organic development. Sexuals tend to have chapters, and have sometimes “gone down in flames’ with what they’re attracted to. Socials tend to have “pods of affiliation”, that is different groups or activities they’re involved with.
    You could do the same mini-journaling thing but with your life as a whole and see how it turns out - stair steps (sp), eras (sx), or pods (so). And what is left out.