I've been struggling to pin point my MBTI type and I was hoping to get some help from some MBTI pros over here, since I'm still fairly new to typology. It seems like the 3 most likely types I'm typed as are INTP, INFJ and INFP (in that order). I'll post my results that show the development of my cognitive functions and also answer questions that will hopefully help you help me!
Results to the http://cognitivequiz.com/ :
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 12.945
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.45
Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||||||||| 7.93
Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||||||||| 6.71
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||| 6.705
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||| 5.76
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||| 2
Extroverted Sensation (Se) || -1.43
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Well, the longest type I've stayed with was INTP and I think I'm a rational person, but not to the point that I'm so cold and calculated that I'm willing to hurt other people's feelings just so they can hear my critiques. I think I care more about feel-y things and friends than most INTPs do (feel free to disagree though. After all, I'm still a newbie)
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I feel kinda silly and naive saying this, but I've always wanted like a soulmate/best friend type of thing. I want someone who I can talk to freely about anything under the sun without feeling judged. I've always felt misunderstood and somewhat alienated my whole life, and I think to have one person who just got me would be an amazing opportunity that I'll definitely won't pass up for money or fame.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I always feel great when I help other people. Even if it's the small things such as buying a bottle of water for a thirsty person, or giving some coins to someone who wants to use the pay phone, it always brightens my day. I think it's cause I know that I just potentially made their day just a bit more bearable and it also makes me feel like I can actually make a change, albeit small, during the day.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
When people underestimate the depth of my feelings. I've dealt with a fair share amount of emotional abuse, what with growing up in a dysfunctional family, so my relatives (whom I frequently visit) naturally think that I'm just some jaded kid that can deal with just about anything that gets thrown my way. It's another problem when I rarely show my vulnerable, sensitive side to them, so I can't exactly blame them either, but it always makes me feel inferior when people think I'm insensitive.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I definitely think about how I feel and the people involved in the decision. I also like to think of the future consequences of the decision before I decide.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
First, that I actually get it done before the due date. I have a HORRIBLE procrastination problem, and I've been meaning to solve it, but, well.. yeah. I get quite irritated if something's not done before it's due despite this. In group projects, I do like being in control and I naturally become the leader when no one is chosen.
7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Well, this is quite recent and I'd went on a day trip to Brunei (I live in Malaysia, and I'm very near to the border of Brunei and Malaysia) with family friends and we went on this boat ride where we rode around the river in Bandar Seri Begawan, the capital of Brunei. It was really fun to try and find monitor lizards, crocodiles and whatever other animals there were on the bank of the river with a friend. We saw a monkey up in the trees, which was really cool, since I'd never seen a monkey besides in a zoo. The best part was when there was a village thing on stilts above the water in the river. I thought that it was so interesting to live literally above a river, with a school, a fire station, a police station and even a clinic. It was extremely amusing.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I like to read up on topics that I want to learn more about. If I come across a topic that particularly interests me, I'll head on over to the Interwebz and find out more stuff on it. I'm definitely not a hands-on person and I absolutely HATE memorizing. Memorizing is the bane of my existence and one of the reasons why I suck at all the dates, people and locations in History in school.
9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Pretty organized actually. My desk is always quite orderly, unless exams are coming up, and I even arrange my books according to the order that I have my classes. I keep a notebook where I jot down my homework and assignments. The arranging thing might have been a trait I inherited from my mom who has a severe case of OCD.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Hmm, it depends. With topics that can definitely seem weird such as quantum physics (which is quite unlike Newtonian physics), it's definitely better to look for more info on it. However, I try to understand the principles behind it to see whether it makes sense or not more than half of the time.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Another tricky question. It depends on which aspect of my life. If it's more trivial and minute situations such as where to eat, I don't mind choosing the place that the majority like, even if I don't like it. If it's with more serious situations such as my future career, I'm not gonna choose medicine or law or something of the like just cause my azn family says I should. After all, it is my future.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I like to think before I speak, so that I don't say anything that hurts others or something that's just really stupid. Of course, I let down my guard occasionally and throw out the stupid statement every now and then. I definitely prefer one-on-one communication. Having a group of people focus on me is extremely terrifying for me.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know what I'm getting into before I leap. I'm a quite wary person in that sense. And yes, I most definitely think action speaks louder than words.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Ha! My friends would never ask me for a night out, because they know it's me time on Saturdays. But for this question, I'd probably hesitate and even lie a little. I don't wanna straight out say that I refuse to go because my favorite show is starting and end up offending them. I might make up a silly excuse until they get the vibe that I don't/can't go and I finally feel authorized to decline!
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I don't make an effort to even respond to people when they talk to me. Usually, I like giving my full attention to them. I'll become easily irritated and even scare off a few people, because when I'm fo real angry, I get pretty intimidating.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Ignorance. Holy shit, I hate this trait so so much in a person. I hate it even more if I notice that I myself am ignorant. I can deal with people who are arrogant or even bitchy, but not ignorance.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Things I like such as literature and music. With my close friends whom I know to be more deep, more philosophical topics, our futures and the like.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
The present. I'm ALWAYS thinking about the future, or dreaming about it. I wouldn't consider myself as dreamy as the INFP, but I surely have a bit of spacing out moments.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They perceive me as this fun, caring, sarcastic, straight forward and extremely opinionated person. As I'm not all to close to them, despite them being friends, they don't perceive me as the friendliest person around. But they know that I'll always be there for them, unless they betray me of course, which in that case, I'll unleash the kraken upon them. They would NEVER say that I'm disloyal, dishonest or sensitive (see question number 4). The first two I'm definitely not, but the last, I am.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Reading a good book. Ordering take out. Maybe watch a movie or two, play some music that I've been meaning to listen to.