Howdy. If anyone's up for typing, lend me your knowledge of MBTI.
I initially tested as INFJ about a year ago, but lately I've tested as INTJ, ENTJ, INTP, INFP, ISTP, ISTJ and of course INFJ. I've spent the past month investigating the attributes of each type and consulted the eight cognitive functions (Ni, Fi, Te, etc.), but I've unsuccessfully pinpointed my type. Here's what I've got:
- I/E: I value solitary time, detest small talk, am ridiculously avoidant and shy, and prefer the company of one or two friends over attending a party. With that being said, I also love performing in front of crowds and have a fair share of pride, which I shamefully hide under a veil of apparent modesty.
- N/S: I'm not exceedingly observant of the details of the physical world as I'm often unintentionally lost in my own head; consequently, I'm fairly self-conscious, introspective and aware of my thoughts and emotions; I do enjoy abstract theories and theoretical physics (to an extent), some science fiction, fantasy, and even the weird, dark, offbeat shit; I try to be tolerant when I consciously can, and I definitely will not conform if I do not agree; I am goal-oriented and typically look to the future; I'm somewhat of a ambitious visionary; I constantly get caught up in the past and battle with chronic regret (over the small and the big); I can be pretty absent-minded - I'm a danger on the road, as I commonly zone out while driving; I randomly get those "a-ha!" moments and epiphanies; and I've honestly encountered the supernatural on multiple levels of consciousness and experienced deja-vu/had vague premonitions. Contrasting with those seemingly iNtuitive traits, I'm commonly uncreative, lacking insight and unable to think outside the box; I'll typically adhere to the rules and follow procedures step-by-step, failing to utilize my iNtuition and attempt new courses of action; I rarely experiment or try new things on my own unless provoked to do so by an external force; and while I'm far from materialistic or greedy, I'm moderately lustful and gluttonous, and highly prideful and envious - actually, I'm a minimalist, which stifles any desire for material wealth, but I do aim, regrettably, for respect and prestige, attributing to getting too caught up in reality.
- F/T: Here's where it gets tricky. Concerning decision-making, I honestly believe I only come to conclusions when both my heart AND mind consult each other and weigh it all out; basically, I need some make-believe scenarios to determine whether or not I decide with one or the other, since just asking in generalities will not yield conclusive answers from me. Another oddity: I almost always display the appropriate amount of congeniality, politeness, and sympathy towards others, to the extent that I seemingly possess the Fe function. On the contrary, I detest doing so and, more often than not, I could sincerely care less about the trivial woes of those around me, including everyone in my life - I honestly do not care for my family or closest friends, as I find their relationships useless and draining (with the exception of one or two people). I believe I sustain this charade only to ensure the peace and harmony in life and to not deter away from future success, I'm afraid to admit. But, contradicting that, I do have a deep-seated sense of justice, and I abhor the spread of victimization on the innocent; if I have a heart, it is for those in the God-forsaken parts of the world or those who are subject to chronic pain and suffering due to illness or abuse. My only conviction lies with the vision of one day ending the suffering endured by the truly innocent, and I actually aspire to become a certified doctor of sorts that practices medicine abroad in third world countries - a highly Fi thing to commit to, correct? But again, I'm unsure as to what my dominant function or Jungian type is, for I also typically hold a rational view of the world, am always categorizing and always trying to make logical sense of it all.
- P/J: In a nut shell, I'm consciously J and unconsciously P. By default, I'm scatter-brained, somewhat lazy, late to appointments, and a time-waster, and I hate that about myself. I love to make schedules, plan ahead, keep all aspects of my life organized, pay a great amount of detail to perfection, and I prefer maintaining a routine I've established. It's kind of ridiculous. Actually, I should be organizing scholarship information right now as I have scheduled for myself to do, but instead I am focusing on finding out who I am via MBTI, despite the built-up stress of summer before college! I'm a mess.
- Random: I'm frequented by unexplainable, emotional, colorful vibes that correlate with different locations and atmospheres, and they can even be accessed by fleeting memories or listening to music, if that makes any sense at all. And another: I'm sometimes very controlling, in polite sort-of way, when I find people doing something completely wrong or in a way I deem inferior. I'm a downright ass sometimes (in a polite sort-of way?).
In essence, I'm all over the map. If you insightful folk can help clear things up a bit for me, I'll owe you big. I mean real BIG.