• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

mbti and socionics

wonders

MBTI Type
Ti
Enneagram
Id
Hey all, so I'm interested in socionics and mbti as well. I filled out some questionnaires before but I'm going to use a new approach, I'll try to think in my native language (which is not English) and kind of translate from there. See if it turns out differently. (EDIT at the end: Hm, maybe.)

What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty for me is meant in the aesthetic sense.

Love is simply the feeling.

What are your most important values?

I'll pass on this one.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I was brought up in a Christian family and because that was all I saw, I tried to be religious. But I failed at it. I just could never believe. The whole Bible story didn't make sense either. I must be a born materialist. :) A non-believer at the least. But actually, the way I freed myself from trying to fit into Christianism was by reading up about some more abstract God concepts. I liked that stuff more. Then over time I dropped the whole God idea. I think it's just a finite human concept. The idea of Hell shows that particularly well. It's a total contradiction, claiming God is good and loves us and claiming at the same time that there's a Hell. That was my final argument on the topic.

Still I'm not a true atheist because I have this spiritual feeling sometimes about the world. But this is not when I look around in the world, this feeling only comes if I look "inside". And it's not often that I think/feel this. In general I like stuff along the lines of physicalist pantheism, zen, whatever. Something abstract.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

Ultimately I believe in globalization because I like how it offers many more opportunities. Country borders and then wars are kind of incompatible with that. I like to think that we are heading towards this future where those things will be not necessary or at least borders will not be as rigid as now. (Militaries may still be needed though.) Otoh, I'm obviously aware that right now there are many differences between countries including different amounts of power, resources and different languages, cultures. Obviously I don't really want people to give up their languages and cultures but that doesn't exclude full globalization and unity on a level anyway. (I know this is a controversial topic.)

As for power, in my native language we have more than one word for it. -.- E.g. power as force or power as influence or as control over things or having lots of resources. I first think of the "control" meaning including having enough resources for it, then the "force" meaning (physical force). If I had to analyse it, I could best do it inside the framework of evolutionary biology.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

Easiest to have long convos about: psychology things in terms of what's inside the mind etc. (not the feely touchy kind of psychology); some sport stuff; certain computery topics;

Interests: the above mentioned ones and then some sciencey topics; some literature/art (well I'm rather passive in arts right now but I'm sometimes very into it); my collections of certain objects; some economy/politics; etc..... I can't bother to try and make a longer list :p But I'm usually into one thing the most at a time with heavy focus on it. Later I will still be interested but with less intense focus.

Why these interests? Uh, I like to think that researching stuff about how the mind works is enchanting and touches on some special affinity/ability I may have for the topic (or not but this is what I like to feel). As for favourite sport, again it's favourite because I feel like it was "made" for me. Science: it fits my thinking on some level so it feels really "tasty". Collections: like the looks of the things :) (aesthetically), and/or status related.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

No special interest in it as a conversation topic except if it's about how physiology works. That's a fascinating topic especially in the context of sport and improvement but biology is great in general as well. Otoh, people who overworry about health and talk about it in this way are a bit annoying or just boring.

By default I'm not at all focused on my body. I focus outside or if I focus inside then I will be thinking about whatever, not about my body.

I do take care of my body, that's needed for my goals and it's needed to look good too. Still, I spend little time on taking care of these issues, I sort the issues efficiently, not overdoing it, can't bother to waste the time on it.

In sport, I do sometimes get focus on my body, that's basically needed to know how much energy I can put into it, how much of it is to be reserved etc. Focus on the body also comes on when I need to avoid injury so that I can keep working on my sport goals.

What do you think of daily chores?

Nothing

No, I don't care for them :) I sort some of them alright, some I usually put off.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

Oh a lot of books and films are cool.

Will really just mention what first comes to mind, there's so much more.

Book: 1984, Demian
(Writer: well, from Kundera to Crichton... :) )
Film: American Beauty, Inception

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

Cry: Usually frustration.

Smile: Jokes??? :doh: Oh and cute kittens.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

Always at one with the world :)

As for sense of belonging: by default I'm just where I am, I think that's enough for me. If you mean belonging to a group then nowhere.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

Weaknesses: I don't know and I don't think about myself in this sense. I can tell about people's criticisms though of course: usually it goes along the lines of having a too tough style, being argumentative, nitpicking, overanalysing/too many questions, being thoughtless/inconsiderate.

Also mentioned by two people who got slightly closer to me: 1) I have walls around me (not letting others get close) 2) not showing my inside thoughts, thus appearing shallower than I am (basically he said he was positively surprised about me having "depth" when I showed some blog of mine to him - this made no sense because we already talked a lot before that about non-trivial things, maybe he meant some "soul" related things, not that my blog had much of that either).

What I dislike about myself: I usually don't think about that either and there's not much I dislike... I do dislike it sometimes if I feel socially awkward (imaginary or real, it seems more imaginary than real) and sometimes temporary inability to make jokes

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

Strengths that others mentioned: confidence, intelligence, perseverance, adroitness, being fast, can achieve what I set my mind to

I like those things about myself, and more: my enthusiasm, my focus, my openness (in a specific sense, it's about how I'm willing to look at everything), my way of thinking/looking at the world

...OK looking at previous two questions and comparing the amount of items in the answers: I must be a narcissist :)

In what areas of your life would you like help?

Help with social things. Like, help and draw me in. Something like that. I don't have very specific notions on this.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

I never felt that way before but lately this year I started feeling so.

And I usually don't say this sort of thing but this is the exception: I don't want to go into details about the causes.

I can describe my reaction though, well not a very productive reaction though I'm trying. I'm basically trying to set a direction in my life and sort the issues. I guess it really kept piling on me until now, and I'm ok with the idea of confronting and solving it but the problem is that I don't know how to sort it. The only ideas are to do with distraction, that is, just get into a project to work on or something.

And how that reaction has manifested so far: I'm usually of a pretty calm even state emotionally. Meaning emotionally detached I suppose. This is just my default, feels normal and good. So I've never been depressed and I don't think I am now, I can't let myself lose interest in the world, in life, so that part is OK. Otoh, I can find myself wallowing in strong feelings of sadness at times. That's not so bad, it's even nice to feel something strongly sometimes. So the only thing that'd really worry me is if I were to lose my looking ahead to the future. Distant future perhaps but future. I've always had this readiness of looking forward to the future knowing I will find my way around to my goals. But I had a few moments in the last few weeks when I didn't feel this. That's not good so basically I should find my way out of this rut. No this is not a call for help :) And it's not all hopeless, I already got through a lot of really really shitty turmoil in the last 2 years but I am past that. I have control over that part. I just somehow have to find what way to go on.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

Good question. I'm not that choosy. So, types: skip. -.-

OK, what I do particularly dislike: being ignored, being made fun of, being criticized in a social way in public. And in a relationship if the partner is too cold emotionally and/or not opening up to me.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Romance, sex, fine.

Let me skip the other question. I realised recently that I don't actually know.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

Early development, giving opportunities, emotional connection, etc etc

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

I'll tell them what I think, I'm actually too willing to hotly argue about it. It's all an outward reaction, I don't really go inside then except for a few seconds here and there when I need to build expression of some logical constructions for the reasoning.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I like to do things that matter for people, that have an impact in society.

People as a whole = People.

As for society's problems, we will have to sort the issue of having enough resources for the world's people. The rest is pretty subjective (well, simplifying).

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I do know there's one thing I choose by and that is if I can talk to them about deeper things.

I'm just myself around them.

How do you behave around strangers?

I can be pretty reserved but can also take initiative. In general I'm interested in/open to people, if I'm being reserved/cold, it doesn't mean I'm not interested, it could be just my mood or just me being busy with something, or just feeling outside a group.

I

Infinite Bubble

ISTP seems to be a good guess. More information needs to be gathered first though for a more accurate estimation.

What situation makes you feel the worst, or make you act in a very negative way that is different to your ordinary self?

When you are looking outward, what are you actually thinking about/doing specifically? Same question with when you are looking inward.

You most clearly repress your Feeling function. That may be evidence for Thinking being the most differentiated. I don't see evidence for Ne/Si, nor do you have the "vibe", IMO.

wonders

MBTI Type
Ti
Enneagram
Id
let me add, I'm willing to answer more questions if that helps. :)

EDIT: Lol, we posted at the same time. :) I will reply to this in a bit. and thanks. ;)

wonders

MBTI Type
Ti
Enneagram
Id
ISTP seems to be a good guess. More information needs to be gathered first though for a more accurate estimation.

MBTI only or socionics too? (I see you have ILI in your profile so you'd be at least somewhat familiar with it)

What situation makes you feel the worst, or make you act in a very negative way that is different to your ordinary self?

Feeling that I'm outside a social group; also, if feeling rejected. I don't like being ignored either, in whatever context that may be. I also hate it if I feel I may have made a social blunder if this gets conscious for me (I'm sure I don't always pay attention to that). If someone actually calls me out on such a thing, e.g. criticizes my behaviour in front of other people, that I totally hate.

Then what's different to my ordinary self is the following; if I feel outside a group, I feel powerless in the situation and/or feeling very negative emotions. Can also feel drained/bored with that. I may just leave the place.
In some situations I may get angry as well but that feeling is not a foreign thing to me by default.

In terms of acting different to my ordinary self, that in the first case would mean acting very reserved and being very passive. That is pretty stressful however so I'll probably just leave or try to find something to get busy with. In other cases if I get angry I will probably act out my anger/attack the person I have the problem with, that does not feel weird to me but it could look like overreaction to others - dunno. And it sure is acting in a negative way.

Oh and the rut I mentioned above, that is, having got stuck with certain issues in life, I think the worst in that has not been to do with emotions but when I don't see the way out/forward. I sometimes feel like I do, that's OK then, but when I get into the mood of not seeing it, then that's the worst/being at the bottom of all of it. Feeling powerless and seeing no future at all. Well I suppose that's why it's called a rut :)

When you are looking outward, what are you actually thinking about/doing specifically? Same question with when you are looking inward.

Specifically doing what...? Just whatever, doing things of life, having fun, working for goals, etc. Thinking is then done on the move if it's needed to do/achieve something, it doesn't really feel like the same kind of thinking as when I'm focused inward. Do clarify the question please if this reply wasn't specific enough for you :)

When looking inward, it can either be to pass the time when waiting for something or it can be to analyse something. When just passing time, I think about whatever crap comes to mind, mostly to do with life stuff or whatever I'm most interested in at the time (hobby/goal). This often isn't really a great way of passing the time though, just meh, there's nothing better. Sometimes it's a cool way of passing time though, depends on the topic. Otoh, if it's not to pass time but specifically to analyse something, e.g. build an argument for a debate, or just making up a picture of logical structure of something to simplify and understand it, I like that feeling. Then sometimes I get and like to have eureka moments. Also, if I'm in the mood then I can imagine up a story and go through with it, imagining things visually while developing the story line :) This is a pretty on-off thing though, sometimes I'm really into this and then sometimes weeks pass without that.

You most clearly repress your Feeling function. That may be evidence for Thinking being the most differentiated. I don't see evidence for Ne/Si, nor do you have the "vibe", IMO.

Yeah some F issues there I know :)

Any Se/Ni vibe then?

wonders

MBTI Type
Ti
Enneagram
Id
Btw in MBTI tests I usually get Se/Te/Ti as strong functions in any possible order, usually close scores to each other. Other functions usually just score pretty low, ok maybe Fe gets extra points sometimes depending on mood while taking the test but then sometimes score very low on it :) Also, depending on the definition of Ne, it's usually a low score but there's one test that's jungian not MBTI that has me score higher on Ne (it excludes the random brainstorming idea generating aspect and just asks about liking opportunities but that's probably a crappy test).

wonders

MBTI Type
Ti
Enneagram
Id
Hey more questionnaires, I'm definitely done for now. I promise. o_O

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Nope. Current state of mind etc is normal, past stress

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

I'll include the runner-up options too as some tests offer these:

MBTI - ENTP, ESTP, ISTP, ESTJ, ENTJ
Socionics - SLE, LSI, LSE, SEE, ILE, SLI

3. Click on this link: Flick: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here (or write the link like example: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/jacoboson/8697480741/in/explore-2013-05-01), and write your impression of each of them.

1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/thelockeys/9579427793/in/explore-2013-08-24

Nice place in the woods, I first see the structure of the place and instantly it looks/feels like it would be nice to explore going around on that terrain near the water, I would like to see what's beyond the end of the photo. The water flowing looks nice too. The random people sitting there are just part of the background tbh.

2. http://www.flickr.com/photos/40083599@N04/9581785647/in/explore-2013-08-24

Oh awesome, I strongly get the feeling that I'm there up in the air flying :) Ok sticking with the visual aspect, I like the blue sky and that the plane looks to be high up in the air.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

If it's really that interesting then I'll discuss them later with him/her. I'll also tell the friend this if they keep "pestering" me. No train of thought beyond that related to this issue, I'll just stay focused on the job.

5a. What are some of your most important values?

Would values be related to my dreams? Those are the things I care about, not static values, at least I don't verbalize them.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

That makes no sense to me.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

I might argue against it or might not even care.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

Being in flow. Chatting with people. Going for / winning challenges. Moving around. Also, if I can get in sync with people IRL too.

The "why's" I don't know :) Just feel alive is all :)

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

Pretending to be very passive in a social group, the "why" I don't know. Drains me really fuckin' fast like there is no tomorrow.

Watching too many videos. Videos are good first but if I overdo it, it just feels too passive after a while. If I'm sleepy I'll even start to fall asleep :)

Having to pass time somehow without anything really available, I will retreat into my mind but having to pass the time with random thoughts to do with life or whatever ideas just gets too much after a while but hey this is the best I can do in such situations... just the situation itself is draining really.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

Well I can do both...

Social aspect: I can be too picky with social activities, I'm even capable of starting to read some newspaper or book instead if I'm bored. That'd make me introverted right? But I like to do certain things with people because otherwise I'd feel too alone and that'd make me feel "drained" and the companion doesn't have to be a close friend either.

Cognitive aspect: I can be REALLY in my head e.g. thinking up a story line (NOT daydreaming, the story never has anything to do with real life!! I don't mix the two), best done in my room and then I sure don't pay attention to the outside and this doesn't drain me at all, never draining. (If I was to be somewhere else with my storyline going in my head, I'd still pay some attention outside here and there, this just comes to me automatically.)
I do like to analyse logical stuff in my head as well. Otoh, this latter one I don't like to keep up as long as the story stuff because I start to feel a bit hm, "tired" isn't the right word but just a feeling of "I've been in my head for too long", feels lower energy than what I prefer. Note that's just a feeling because I am mentally capable to still keep up, I never run out of energy, *if* I want to keep going, running out of it is an impossible thing to imagine :p

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

Strengths: Confidence. I don't give up on things. Part of the confidence is that I'm really great at acquiring skills and/or achieving goals *if* I set my mind/will to it. I also like being fast at stuff. Have high general intelligence/IQ as well. Open/flexible mind (well unless I'm stubborn with my own opinion but even then I will accumulate new information). Emotional detachment in terms of not getting truly depressed and whatnot.

Weaknesses: OK I can say that one thing: social shit. (Talked about that enough already but any more specific questions I will answer of course.) And I don't like my emotional detachment if it gets in the way of relationships.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

Real life examples... o_O

Anyway, I responded different from usual to the biggest ever stress in life. Usual is just getting angry, attacking the problem, if it can't be solved, acting that anger out instead. Lot of stress temporarily makes me passive I suppose to recuperate, I sleep a lot, I hardly move/do anything much. And the biggest ever stress in life had me act really out of character, I threw aside my usual attitude to things; that is, imagine the opposite of being calm/collected, rational/calculating/emotionally detached approach with a realistic no day-dreaming-bullshit view of life. Instead I got into emotional turmoil, while getting overflowed with mental activity including really weird imagination. Mistaking dream for reality (that by default is a big NO-NO for me, I never do this!). Got scattered and extremely impulsive (I can be impulsive by default but not *this* much). Also some anxiety that I didn't even recognize for being anxiety as it was a foreign experience to me. :)

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

Social shit. Actually there's not much people can mess with, I don't expose myself, especially not my inner world. (Except for the logical ideas, I readily talk about those.) But the social stuff can get really bad sometimes. Criticism or teasing I can take the bad way too, that is, too personally. Though some people are good at making me realise that the teasing etc wasn't really out of bad intentions and then I feel OK.

Note when I said I don't expose myself I of course meant things where I could feel vulnerable. In general I can be pretty open with things that others may be more private about as I just don't bother with any "attack" involving those things, I don't care / thick skinned there.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

My focus is on one interest at one time, this may change after a while but it takes a while to change to something else. It will inevitably change though. Mentioned most of my interests in first post.
Right now I'm thinking it would be really cool to make up the best algorithm ever for making training plans in my current favourite sport. I did not yet get into this but I've been thinking about it.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

No thanks. I don't need this sort of feedback, I will ask anyway if I have a question about something.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?

Skip.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I can flip between I and E. E can feel better but I is so easy to slip into. I can flip between S and N. S and N never mix though, very distinct things to me. Can flip between P and J though P is often "easier" but then at times "J mode" is the natural and hard to get into "P mode". Not so much flipping between the F and T though it happens, I can go from detached to emotional and back to detached and I can go from caring about people to not caring etc etc :)

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

My old dreams being fulfilled. (Some I achieved already, some not yet)

Making a bigger impact than so far would also be cool sure, no I can't complain about the past with this aspect but it can and should always get better :p

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Being in flow. I often feel that way anyway

4) What makes you feel inferior?

The Social Shit.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

What I want and how I can get it. Pro-cons are useful in considering options for that.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Get to the goal, yes control is good.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Fun with people, always something going on, nobody being left out

And again, being in flow is a lot of fun.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Can and will take any way to learn, anything from theorizing to being hands-on. Things will stick best if I can also practice though. I don't like rote memorizing (who does?) but I have my strategy for it - organize the details into a structure by categories. And if it's numbers they will just stick on their own magically. I really have a thing with numbers.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Varies. I sure am messy though if the task requires a lot of thinking and planning ahead because I will make up my own structure only while doing the thing. Call it thinking on the move. It means it'll take time before I perfect the structure and goal may have been met and task ended long before that.

I am good with making plans for the day though, otoh it doesn't mean it will be executed strictly as written inside my head but I like to go by the plan as it's a good way to sort out my things, this is not necessarily enjoyable, just useful. Good also with plans to break up a big task into smaller parts and execute that, e.g. studying before really big exam, well unless I procrastinate.

I am also good with making training plans and executing them as written. I actually enjoy doing that.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I need both. I cannot assimilate the new information without understanding the principles & I need information too, which I will readily absorb without analysis too. That's just different though.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

First one. What does "being myself" mean in terms of harmony?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Both, I can often speak before thinking though... I'm fine with both ways of communication very much. Though I think in a group I'm usually just addressing whoever I happen to be talking to at the moment, I just switch very fast between people. It's more rare that I address everyone together.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Good to know where I'm jumping but I often don't bother taking the time with that. I do quickly evaluate risks though, at least the apparent risks.

Words & Actions both good and needed, why choose only one?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I don't watch TV. I may need time to mobilize if they just suddenly call on me to go out or I may go right away. Depends on mood, this crazy mood thing I can't track or make sense of ;). (I don't mean emotional mood, it's more about "I feel like doing this now" or "no, I don't feel like it")

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Talked about that already.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Talked about that already. I don't really judge much though...

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Talked about that already.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life

Certain sensory pleasures (I only pay attention for a few seconds on enjoyable things such as food before my attention diverts away from feeling the pleasure... this has the positive side too, I can quickly become numb to most small niggles)
Housework :p
The past and to some extent the future. The past is like it never existed, if I had something cool going on just an hour ago, I don't even remember it if asked!
Certain relationship related things (with other people), certain social rules, tact, things like that
Inner identity things

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Oh friends not just people in general?

They see me as:

- interesting, clever, confident, (extremely) logical, full of energy, realistic
- argumentative with strong opinions VS someone else keeps saying I never have a distinct opinion huh? (ok that one's not so much of a friend)
- insensitive or very sensitive, depending on who you ask, huh?
- hard to open up and/or hard to see my deeper side, impossible to actually know/understand me (MWHAHAHA)
- one of them says kind of altruistic, others say the opposite.. huh?

They'd never say: dunno

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I do whatever I like anyway...

I

Infinite Bubble

Did you have time to look at my answers to your questions? thanks

PS: If it's too long, you don't have to read the other questionnaire answers. :)

Sorry, I forgot about this thread. I did read your first answers and have skimmed over the others, and you seem to be a Te type actually.

I'll properly read through everything and get back to you soon.

wonders

MBTI Type
Ti
Enneagram
Id
Sorry, I forgot about this thread. I did read your first answers and have skimmed over the others, and you seem to be a Te type actually.

I'll properly read through everything and get back to you soon.

Okay thanks. I'll be curious to hear about what makes you think Te > Ti, etc.

I

Infinite Bubble

Well, before I completely formulate a proper conclusion, something needs to be clarified:

What exactly do you mean by being "in flow"? Sounds like a Se thing on the surface. Anyway, I'll analyze your first answer now...

MBTI only or socionics too? (I see you have ILI in your profile so you'd be at least somewhat familiar with it)

That would be MBTI; my knowledge of Socionics is too limited to start typing with it. And someone else helped to type me.

Feeling that I'm outside a social group; also, if feeling rejected. I don't like being ignored either, in whatever context that may be. I also hate it if I feel I may have made a social blunder if this gets conscious for me (I'm sure I don't always pay attention to that). If someone actually calls me out on such a thing, e.g. criticizes my behaviour in front of other people, that I totally hate.

Seems to be lower Fe, especially as you noted that you don't always pay attention to it, thus it being more unconscious.

Then what's different to my ordinary self is the following; if I feel outside a group, I feel powerless in the situation and/or feeling very negative emotions. Can also feel drained/bored with that. I may just leave the place.
In some situations I may get angry as well but that feeling is not a foreign thing to me by default.

More Fe, and if you are familiar with Enneagram, you could be a Soc-first, and maybe the negative feelings of powerlessness come from some Type 8 influence.

In terms of acting different to my ordinary self, that in the first case would mean acting very reserved and being very passive. That is pretty stressful however so I'll probably just leave or try to find something to get busy with. In other cases if I get angry I will probably act out my anger/attack the person I have the problem with, that does not feel weird to me but it could look like overreaction to others - dunno. And it sure is acting in a negative way.

Se would probably be the best guess for the need to be active and busy rather than passive. Could be Ne. Something strikes me as rather Te in some other stuff you said but I don't know since the latter part of this quote leads to an inferior Fe reaction of sorts.

Oh and the rut I mentioned above, that is, having got stuck with certain issues in life, I think the worst in that has not been to do with emotions but when I don't see the way out/forward. I sometimes feel like I do, that's OK then, but when I get into the mood of not seeing it, then that's the worst/being at the bottom of all of it. Feeling powerless and seeing no future at all. Well I suppose that's why it's called a rut :)

So naturally you look towards the future, and what to do next, along with how to do it?

Thinking is then done on the move if it's needed to do/achieve something, it doesn't really feel like the same kind of thinking as when I'm focused inward. Do clarify the question please if this reply wasn't specific enough for you :)

Since clearly the first type of thinking is an extroverted function and the second is introverted, and you have them both, one isn't actually a Thinking function. I believe that the first, "thinking on the move", may actually be a Pe process (probably Se), and the second being Ti. But "if it's needed to do/achieve something" sounds like like Te. Hmm. Which do you do more of, this on-the-move thinking, or inward thinking?

When looking inward, it can either be to pass the time when waiting for something or it can be to analyse something. When just passing time, I think about whatever crap comes to mind, mostly to do with life stuff or whatever I'm most interested in at the time (hobby/goal). This often isn't really a great way of passing the time though, just meh, there's nothing better. Sometimes it's a cool way of passing time though, depends on the topic. Otoh, if it's not to pass time but specifically to analyse something, e.g. build an argument for a debate, or just making up a picture of logical structure of something to simplify and understand it, I like that feeling. Then sometimes I get and like to have eureka moments. Also, if I'm in the mood then I can imagine up a story and go through with it, imagining things visually while developing the story line :) This is a pretty on-off thing though, sometimes I'm really into this and then sometimes weeks pass without that.

The fact you said that looking inward is to merely pass the time before saying "to analyze something", makes me think you are primarily an extroverted type. The last bit sounds like Ni more than anything, but it is clearly not that high up, as it is on and off.

ESTP perhaps. Or maybe ENTJ, if you do have Te. Do you know your Enneagram type, if you're interested in it?

wonders

MBTI Type
Ti
Enneagram
Id
Well, before I completely formulate a proper conclusion, something needs to be clarified:

What exactly do you mean by being "in flow"? Sounds like a Se thing on the surface. Anyway, I'll analyze your first answer now...

I just meant the usual definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)

I once read a book from the originator of that idea (Mihály Csíkszentmihályi) about it and I thought along the lines, oh this is something I often experience here and there. For short times or for longer times. :)

Note... connected to that flow experience is obviously a good enough level of skills, I'm really good at acquiring skills* and I'm usually fast at things, which also can give me a flow-like experience. :)

*: even if initially I can be really clumsy and clueless :p I improve quickly if I set my focus/willpower on it.

That would be MBTI; my knowledge of Socionics is too limited to start typing with it. And someone else helped to type me.

Ah, okay. :/

More Fe, and if you are familiar with Enneagram, you could be a Soc-first, and maybe the negative feelings of powerlessness come from some Type 8 influence.

I'm familiar with enneagram but I don't know my first instinct. :)

Se would probably be the best guess for the need to be active and busy rather than passive. Could be Ne. Something strikes me as rather Te in some other stuff you said but I don't know since the latter part of this quote leads to an inferior Fe reaction of sorts.

So we've covered all four extraverted functions here lol.

I'd like to know what was the Te-like stuff, can you tell me more about that please.

Inferior Fe does make a lot of sense to me too, at least to a degree.

So naturally you look towards the future, and what to do next, along with how to do it?

That has several aspects. Firstly, by default I don't think about the future that much in a concrete way, it's more a readiness for the next moment. Otoh, on a general level I do like to have a vision of what I'd like to do with my life. But the goals need to be ones that I can know/believe/not doubt that I can get there even if it's not a trivial thing. When I use the word "believe" or "not doubt" it means that even if I don't know how I'll get there, I take it seriously, not just "day dreaming". Looking at the future is also involved when I need to plan ahead for certain tasks but that's just a tool for the task being done. Lastly, I can also be future focused when with an important goal in sight I want to avoid getting off track by making possible mistakes so then I can be pretty rigid in some things due to that, it's not really concrete anxiety, just simply choosing a course of action that excludes making those mistakes. This attitude can then mess with my default approach of "ok let me just go on and see what'll happen", that is, I like to be spontaneous a lot too. Sometimes that does win out, I will take the risk and then suck it up if needed. :p

Since clearly the first type of thinking is an extroverted function and the second is introverted, and you have them both, one isn't actually a Thinking function. I believe that the first, "thinking on the move", may actually be a Pe process (probably Se), and the second being Ti. But "if it's needed to do/achieve something" sounds like like Te. Hmm. Which do you do more of, this on-the-move thinking, or inward thinking?

Well, I score high both in Ti and Te but yeah I know that can't make up a type. :)

I do think it can be extraversion with Ti on the side, that would be when I work off my understanding of something. I really like doing that. That is, take action with my nice understanding in mind, it feels really smooth and yes, flow too. Btw the feeling of flow doesn't need me to have such an understanding, it feels equally good when it's just e.g. some physical skill instead.

It's more Te-like to me if I'm just to do a task that doesn't really require such understanding, that can be more mundane stuff, like, washing up the dishes lol. Not that that sort of mundane task involves much thinking either aside from following a few simple steps. I'm not always doing it all in the same order though. If it's not a mundane task, I really want to understand things tbh. Either that or I'll just uh, somehow manage to sort it out lol. I prefer to have an understanding of course.

Another thing, if I'm to do a more complex task that's new and also needs organization, I don't start by planning it all out, that's for sure. -.- At best, I may have a very generic outline where very generic is really very generic. ;) It's more just having the objective in my mind and not much more. Then I'm just somehow working towards achieving the objective, I make sure to meet the objective as required, definitely not messing it up with getting randomly off track. Anyhow the result can be very organized and very Te-like but I'm not sure Te types would like to look at me getting there. :) But then maybe Te can work like this too. ?!

The fact you said that looking inward is to merely pass the time before saying "to analyze something", makes me think you are primarily an extroverted type. The last bit sounds like Ni more than anything, but it is clearly not that high up, as it is on and off.

Well I can imagine that someone who's more strongly extraverted would attempt to pass time by staying outwardly focused. I can't really do that if there's nothing visible enough to interact with. I once asked some ENTP about what she'd do if she was temporarly locked in a room with a single chair and white walls and she said she'd use the chair legs to draw on the wall hahaha. Me, nope, I would probably just sit down and somehow pass the time, perhaps walk around a bit, that's about it. No it wouldn't be much fun for sure. :p

I want to mention, the part about analysing stuff is often to do with things that require intellectual involvement. (It's not always such things, I can happily analyse physical stuff too.) It's pretty cool stuff, I don't mind intellectual challenges. ;) Though not as immersed in these as an INTP/INTJ would be. I see no reason for that other than it being a simple issue of preference. (My IQ and my focus etc. are sufficient for doing such things so it's not that.) I like this in MBTI that it points out this can be just about preferences, that is, even if you're good at something you may not want to spend all day with that because you prefer something else more. Why something else? Just because, eh :)

As for the last bit; Ah yeah, I thought of it as Ni myself. I believe I have some other manifestations/displays of Ni and I feel rather comfortable with those things. The story thingies I started doing as a really small kid. The other "Ni things" came to me much later and it was all pretty new at first. I sometimes got into this other "Ni stuff" very very much, this was a long time ago really though. I will say that I can't imagine myself as Ni-dom unless I missed something in my interpretation of Ni, heh.

Let me mention, when in the mood, I can be into the stories for a long time and not get drained by it even though it's obviously an introverted thing. Interesting eh?

ESTP perhaps. Or maybe ENTJ, if you do have Te. Do you know your Enneagram type, if you're interested in it?

ISTP definitely off the table then? How about the inferior Fe-ish things? And what I said about being capable of something like introversion for a long time and enjoying it. Perhaps that doesn't count as it's sporadic enough.

For ESTP, how should inferior Ni come out, can you ask me some question(s) about it to test me on that? Or ENTJ's Fi :)

Enneagram: yeah if you have a guess about my enneagram type please let me know. ;)

Thanks!