User Tag List

First 12

Infinite Bubble

Well, before I completely formulate a proper conclusion, something needs to be clarified:

What exactly do you mean by being "in flow"? Sounds like a Se thing on the surface. Anyway, I'll analyze your first answer now...

Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    MBTI only or socionics too? (I see you have ILI in your profile so you'd be at least somewhat familiar with it)
    That would be MBTI; my knowledge of Socionics is too limited to start typing with it. And someone else helped to type me.

Feeling that I'm outside a social group; also, if feeling rejected. I don't like being ignored either, in whatever context that may be. I also hate it if I feel I may have made a social blunder if this gets conscious for me (I'm sure I don't always pay attention to that). If someone actually calls me out on such a thing, e.g. criticizes my behaviour in front of other people, that I totally hate.
    Seems to be lower Fe, especially as you noted that you don't always pay attention to it, thus it being more unconscious.

Then what's different to my ordinary self is the following; if I feel outside a group, I feel powerless in the situation and/or feeling very negative emotions. Can also feel drained/bored with that. I may just leave the place.
    In some situations I may get angry as well but that feeling is not a foreign thing to me by default.
    More Fe, and if you are familiar with Enneagram, you could be a Soc-first, and maybe the negative feelings of powerlessness come from some Type 8 influence.

In terms of acting different to my ordinary self, that in the first case would mean acting very reserved and being very passive. That is pretty stressful however so I'll probably just leave or try to find something to get busy with. In other cases if I get angry I will probably act out my anger/attack the person I have the problem with, that does not feel weird to me but it could look like overreaction to others - dunno. And it sure is acting in a negative way.
    Se would probably be the best guess for the need to be active and busy rather than passive. Could be Ne. Something strikes me as rather Te in some other stuff you said but I don't know since the latter part of this quote leads to an inferior Fe reaction of sorts.

Oh and the rut I mentioned above, that is, having got stuck with certain issues in life, I think the worst in that has not been to do with emotions but when I don't see the way out/forward. I sometimes feel like I do, that's OK then, but when I get into the mood of not seeing it, then that's the worst/being at the bottom of all of it. Feeling powerless and seeing no future at all. Well I suppose that's why it's called a rut
    So naturally you look towards the future, and what to do next, along with how to do it?

Thinking is then done on the move if it's needed to do/achieve something, it doesn't really feel like the same kind of thinking as when I'm focused inward. Do clarify the question please if this reply wasn't specific enough for you
    Since clearly the first type of thinking is an extroverted function and the second is introverted, and you have them both, one isn't actually a Thinking function. I believe that the first, "thinking on the move", may actually be a Pe process (probably Se), and the second being Ti. But "if it's needed to do/achieve something" sounds like like Te. Hmm. Which do you do more of, this on-the-move thinking, or inward thinking?

When looking inward, it can either be to pass the time when waiting for something or it can be to analyse something. When just passing time, I think about whatever crap comes to mind, mostly to do with life stuff or whatever I'm most interested in at the time (hobby/goal). This often isn't really a great way of passing the time though, just meh, there's nothing better. Sometimes it's a cool way of passing time though, depends on the topic. Otoh, if it's not to pass time but specifically to analyse something, e.g. build an argument for a debate, or just making up a picture of logical structure of something to simplify and understand it, I like that feeling. Then sometimes I get and like to have eureka moments. Also, if I'm in the mood then I can imagine up a story and go through with it, imagining things visually while developing the story line This is a pretty on-off thing though, sometimes I'm really into this and then sometimes weeks pass without that.
    The fact you said that looking inward is to merely pass the time before saying "to analyze something", makes me think you are primarily an extroverted type. The last bit sounds like Ni more than anything, but it is clearly not that high up, as it is on and off.

ESTP perhaps. Or maybe ENTJ, if you do have Te. Do you know your Enneagram type, if you're interested in it?

MBTI
    Ti
    Enneagram
    Id
    Socionics
    Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Well, before I completely formulate a proper conclusion, something needs to be clarified:

What exactly do you mean by being "in flow"? Sounds like a Se thing on the surface. Anyway, I'll analyze your first answer now...
    I just meant the usual definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_%28psychology%29

I once read a book from the originator of that idea (Mihály Csíkszentmihályi) about it and I thought along the lines, oh this is something I often experience here and there. For short times or for longer times.

Note... connected to that flow experience is obviously a good enough level of skills, I'm really good at acquiring skills* and I'm usually fast at things, which also can give me a flow-like experience.

*: even if initially I can be really clumsy and clueless :P I improve quickly if I set my focus/willpower on it.

That would be MBTI; my knowledge of Socionics is too limited to start typing with it. And someone else helped to type me.
    Ah, okay. :/

More Fe, and if you are familiar with Enneagram, you could be a Soc-first, and maybe the negative feelings of powerlessness come from some Type 8 influence.
    I'm familiar with enneagram but I don't know my first instinct.

Se would probably be the best guess for the need to be active and busy rather than passive. Could be Ne. Something strikes me as rather Te in some other stuff you said but I don't know since the latter part of this quote leads to an inferior Fe reaction of sorts.
    So we've covered all four extraverted functions here lol.

I'd like to know what was the Te-like stuff, can you tell me more about that please.

Inferior Fe does make a lot of sense to me too, at least to a degree.

So naturally you look towards the future, and what to do next, along with how to do it?
    That has several aspects. Firstly, by default I don't think about the future that much in a concrete way, it's more a readiness for the next moment. Otoh, on a general level I do like to have a vision of what I'd like to do with my life. But the goals need to be ones that I can know/believe/not doubt that I can get there even if it's not a trivial thing. When I use the word "believe" or "not doubt" it means that even if I don't know how I'll get there, I take it seriously, not just "day dreaming". Looking at the future is also involved when I need to plan ahead for certain tasks but that's just a tool for the task being done. Lastly, I can also be future focused when with an important goal in sight I want to avoid getting off track by making possible mistakes so then I can be pretty rigid in some things due to that, it's not really concrete anxiety, just simply choosing a course of action that excludes making those mistakes. This attitude can then mess with my default approach of "ok let me just go on and see what'll happen", that is, I like to be spontaneous a lot too. Sometimes that does win out, I will take the risk and then suck it up if needed. :p

Since clearly the first type of thinking is an extroverted function and the second is introverted, and you have them both, one isn't actually a Thinking function. I believe that the first, "thinking on the move", may actually be a Pe process (probably Se), and the second being Ti. But "if it's needed to do/achieve something" sounds like like Te. Hmm. Which do you do more of, this on-the-move thinking, or inward thinking?
    Well, I score high both in Ti and Te but yeah I know that can't make up a type.

I do think it can be extraversion with Ti on the side, that would be when I work off my understanding of something. I really like doing that. That is, take action with my nice understanding in mind, it feels really smooth and yes, flow too. Btw the feeling of flow doesn't need me to have such an understanding, it feels equally good when it's just e.g. some physical skill instead.

It's more Te-like to me if I'm just to do a task that doesn't really require such understanding, that can be more mundane stuff, like, washing up the dishes lol. Not that that sort of mundane task involves much thinking either aside from following a few simple steps. I'm not always doing it all in the same order though. If it's not a mundane task, I really want to understand things tbh. Either that or I'll just uh, somehow manage to sort it out lol. I prefer to have an understanding of course.

Another thing, if I'm to do a more complex task that's new and also needs organization, I don't start by planning it all out, that's for sure. -.- At best, I may have a very generic outline where very generic is really very generic. It's more just having the objective in my mind and not much more. Then I'm just somehow working towards achieving the objective, I make sure to meet the objective as required, definitely not messing it up with getting randomly off track. Anyhow the result can be very organized and very Te-like but I'm not sure Te types would like to look at me getting there. But then maybe Te can work like this too. ?!

The fact you said that looking inward is to merely pass the time before saying "to analyze something", makes me think you are primarily an extroverted type. The last bit sounds like Ni more than anything, but it is clearly not that high up, as it is on and off.
    Well I can imagine that someone who's more strongly extraverted would attempt to pass time by staying outwardly focused. I can't really do that if there's nothing visible enough to interact with. I once asked some ENTP about what she'd do if she was temporarly locked in a room with a single chair and white walls and she said she'd use the chair legs to draw on the wall hahaha. Me, nope, I would probably just sit down and somehow pass the time, perhaps walk around a bit, that's about it. No it wouldn't be much fun for sure. :p

I want to mention, the part about analysing stuff is often to do with things that require intellectual involvement. (It's not always such things, I can happily analyse physical stuff too.) It's pretty cool stuff, I don't mind intellectual challenges. Though not as immersed in these as an INTP/INTJ would be. I see no reason for that other than it being a simple issue of preference. (My IQ and my focus etc. are sufficient for doing such things so it's not that.) I like this in MBTI that it points out this can be just about preferences, that is, even if you're good at something you may not want to spend all day with that because you prefer something else more. Why something else? Just because, eh

As for the last bit; Ah yeah, I thought of it as Ni myself. I believe I have some other manifestations/displays of Ni and I feel rather comfortable with those things. The story thingies I started doing as a really small kid. The other "Ni things" came to me much later and it was all pretty new at first. I sometimes got into this other "Ni stuff" very very much, this was a long time ago really though. I will say that I can't imagine myself as Ni-dom unless I missed something in my interpretation of Ni, heh.

Let me mention, when in the mood, I can be into the stories for a long time and not get drained by it even though it's obviously an introverted thing. Interesting eh?

ESTP perhaps. Or maybe ENTJ, if you do have Te. Do you know your Enneagram type, if you're interested in it?
    ISTP definitely off the table then? How about the inferior Fe-ish things? And what I said about being capable of something like introversion for a long time and enjoying it. Perhaps that doesn't count as it's sporadic enough.

For ESTP, how should inferior Ni come out, can you ask me some question(s) about it to test me on that? Or ENTJ's Fi

Enneagram: yeah if you have a guess about my enneagram type please let me know.

Thanks!

MBTI
    Ti
    Enneagram
    Id
    Socionics
    Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Well, before I completely formulate a proper conclusion (...)
    Any luck there? =D

Thanks.

MBTI
    Ti
    Enneagram
    Id
    Socionics
    Ti

*bump* :/