User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 59

Thread: INFP or INTP?

  1. #31
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    Hmm....this is interesting. I think it could just be a result of strong N as well, but does it resemble your process since you are Ni-Dom? I personally don't see strong Ni in me but it is the function I know the least about so what do I know?
    The "popcorning" - yes it does resemble my process. I think one difference in this case is that you're verbalizing it. It's an interesting question.

    Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post

    True, I've seen some videos of INTJs and some can appear aloof. But I think INxPs are more prone to it.
    INTJs generally come across as more aloof than INTPs.

    Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    As far as Ni goes, one thing that I've heard about Ni users is they have a goal or two in mind, and they rapidly hone in on it, trying to find ways to achieve it (could be Te there). I can relate to this a bit, however there are times where my desires and goals change so the process for me is more scattered. Plus the best example of this might have something to do with my feelings, which I can have difficulty controlling sometimes. I think my feelings may guide me towards it since I really want it to happen. A lot of people will probably say this is Fi, however it could be an unconscious form of F since I am going for what I like here, usually focusing on the positive aspects of how I feel about it (which always win out) and not looking at all of the logical aspects of the situation or at times rejecting them, because I want to make myself happy or satisfied, even at times making me irrational. To be more specific, this happens when I am experiencing infatuation. @Eric B 's link that he posted about T vs F suggests this, however I'm not sure if it is an unconscious form of Fe or Fi, or something else. Would you say it matches, Eric?

    Also, highlander, you did initially perceive high Ne in my posts, and now you seem skeptical of it. What made you lose uncertainty of that? Just curious.
    I'm reconsidering my reconsideration after just reading that post. That just totally looks like Ne.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  2. #32
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    xNFP. No doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  3. #33
    undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    xNFP. No doubt.
    I just hope you're not saying that because I mentioned (or joked) that you thinkers could be numb like a severely frost-bitten foot inside.

    (Hehe! :p )
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

    LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

  4. #34
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    I haven't noticed you.

    I'm saying it based on your OP, which I couldn't skim without feeling exhausted/nauseated.

    But this comment confirms my diagnosis.

    However, it's always tricky trying to type people who are suffering from mental health issues (ADHD, depression etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  5. #35
    undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I haven't noticed you.

    I'm saying it based on your OP, which I couldn't skim without feeling exhausted/nauseated.

    But this comment confirms my diagnosis.

    However, it's always tricky trying to type people who are suffering from mental health issues (ADHD, depression etc).
    It was kind of a joke, though. Here was the original comment as it may draw a clearer context:

    "After introspecting some more, And I may have self taught myself not to take things for granted here - but I sometimes have a tendency to feel an inner pride in whatever I own, or value in life- if its something that i really wanted. This is why I was opining Fi-dominance before, but I realized that really any type could do this - we are all snowflakes and we blow in different ways! Its just expressed differently, im just not sure how yet. Unless I'm mistaken....and if so, wow, you thinkers must be really numb inside huh? (Hehehe....kidding in a way, but go ahead, say I'm a feeler because I made that statement :P"

    I was basically surprised if most if not all thinkers didnt had a similar mentality, which led me to the comment, heh.

    And yeah, I didn't think most people would read the OP. But then I thought "who knows" and I had nothing better to do, so I went "fuck it". Took me two hours to write on my iPad, and because of that I couldn't move my hands for two days. I was like an old starving homeless man laying down in a dirty Chinatown dumpster. I'm surprised I survived that ordeal.

    If only my computer wasn't broken...

    EDIT: I should add in my signature "I write paragraphs that make people feel exhausted and nauseous." Why does that make me feel a little special? :o
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

    LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

  6. #36
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    You appear to have no filters ( like an Ne-Dom on crack) ->Your auxiliary is weak/undifferentiated.

    There are glimpses of Fi here and there. I perceive no Ti.

    "We are all snowflakes and we blow in different ways!" is found on page 1 of the NF charter.

    Depressed or socially anxious ENFPs sometimes think they are introverts.

    You are still very young.

    None of this matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  7. #37
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    That’s a big indicator of Fe – INTPs may have low Fe, but it’s still very much there, just more unconsciously, so they usually still desire harmony in the group, and as it’s their inferior, they can be especially sensitive when there isn’t harmony.
    this is nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  8. #38
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    this is nonsense.



    If you've got an individual with a cognitive demand to ensure group harmony I doubt that person is a young Ti-dom. IFP 9s though? You bet.

    ITPs are usually going to immediately feel like they want to reject any such appeals to get them to harmonize, as it feels manipulative.



  9. #39
    undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post


    If you've got an individual with a cognitive demand to ensure group harmony I doubt that person is a young Ti-dom.
    Wait, really? I guess I get what you mean in a way since Fe is heavily supressed, but why would that supression eliminate the desire? Isn't that desire one of the main points of Fe, regardless of where it is placed in order?

    If anything, what you described sounds more like an unhealthy Ti-dom to me.

    EDIT: a "demand" sounds more like higher Fe (dom/aux)
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

    LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

  10. #40
    undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    You appear to have no filters ( like an Ne-Dom on crack)
    When I am trying to be humorous, I usually let my Ne run loose. I sometimes see this in some writings of Ji-doms as well. However I get the feeling you're going to say they're mistyped Ne-doms. Could that be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Depressed or socially anxious ENFPs sometimes think they are introverts.
    But...I don't want to be ENFP! They scare me.

    (But I agree, it doesn't matter.)
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

    LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Can't tell if I'm an INFP or INTP.
    By tearsforfears in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 12:27 AM
  2. INFJ, INFP, or INTP?: Type me . . .
    By Rachel in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 08:29 PM
  3. INFP or INTP?
    By PurpleDusk in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 03:47 PM
  4. INFP or INTP?
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 11:02 PM
  5. INFP or INTP?
    By WobblyStilettos in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 07:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO