User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: INFP or INTP?

  1. #11
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,906

    Default

    My guess is you could be an ENFP. There's a lot going on though and I'm just not sure.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  2. #12
    undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    How do you know of this? Have they literally said it, or do you get a general “feeling” emanating from them? If it is the latter, then that is more evidence for Fe.
    It's more of an intuitive vibe I get from their facial expressions and reactive demeanor towards me. However I've seen people say strong F + N functions can read between the lines like this. Although your reasoning towards Fe in this case makes sense.



    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    It may be that you value people having quiet and intelligent conversations, or that it is Si – you have stored the sensory data of people talking over each other irritatingly from your past, and this data makes you feel angry; subjective, as is Si. I’m guessing it’s both, and since anyone can have values, I’d attribute it mostly to Si. This would certainly not make someone Fi-dominant.
    Interesting....however this sounds like Si + Fi to me. However I think I have a limited understanding so I'd like you to elaborate further on this. I agree that Si could evoke certain emotions but I don't think it would trigger a thinking function to make a judgment. However, I don't know for sure, just my thoughts...


    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Probably showing inferior-Fe. You have a negative experiences with feelings, and think they get in the way, rather than being comfortable with them.
    I wouldn't say they are negative to me in general. I might have a tough time embracing them because I feel awkward and self conscious about it. When I am explaining something though, I may use them as what I like to call a "decoration" for the context of my statement, and trying to create some excitement for the listener. I can get passionate explaining things though, mainly things that I am fond of or things that fascinate me. It also clearly shows in the tone of my voice. I think this leans toward Fi but it could also have an sx attribution to it. Would you say it's the former, latter or something else?



    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    I think this might be something to do with Sx and some sort of fear of being content – a need for turbulence in the mind, perhaps.
    Interesting....being content is something I strive for in life. Unless you meant something else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Also, from your “I need professional help!” thread:



    Huge indicator of Ti over Fi. Picking it apart, which seemed inconsistent (to you). I daresay that a high-Fi user would also care about the judgement a lot more.
    I wanted to add that if it affected me in a negative way I might be offended by it, however that might not say much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    In conclusion, INTP; there was Ti-Fe rather than Fi-Te, a lot of Sx influence, and type 5w4 or 4w5. In fact, INTP 4w5 might be more suitable, but there isn’t enough evidence to say conclusively. I’m not certain on you being So-second, as that is usually the one you are creative and comfortable in.
    Your analysis makes sense, especially the points toward inferior Fe, since I initially thought it may be a little too extreme to relate to as I find myself to be generally patient with emotions, at least I try/like to be. I would like you to explain hyper-emotionalism though. However I still find it a little hard to see myself as an INTP because I do have a couple of examples which could point towards Fi-Te, possibly inferior Te in particular. However I was somewhat unhealthy and very scatterbrained in those situations so I am unsure. I feel uncomfortable mentioning it in this thread so perhaps ill PM you.

    However one thing I didn't agree with in your analysis was not related to type but rather the construction - I think everything can relate to functions, instead of just pinpointing how a certain excerpt pertains to a an instinctual variant or enneatype/wing/trifix, and quite possibly vice versa. Unless you meant as a general rule it pertains to that excerpt more than anything else. Just my thoughts as I don't mean to sound like a nitpicking douche... :p

    Also your perception of SA - so unfortunately true! Sorry to hear you suffer from it as as well.
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

    LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

  3. #13
    undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    My guess is you could be an ENFP. There's a lot going on though and I'm just not sure.
    I'm just interested as to how you got an ENFP-ish vibe, that is all.
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

    LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

  4. #14
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    I'm just interested as to how you got an ENFP-ish vibe, that is all.
    I see a tremendous amount of Ne in your posts which is often a good indication of Ne dom.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  5. #15
    undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I see a tremendous amount of Ne in your posts which is often a good indication of Ne dom.
    I agree I have strong Ne but it is also an indicator of me in "extravert mode", I am turning to my preferred extraverted function to explain my thoughts. Also I feel like my Ji keeps my Ne in line for the most part. Also, Ji is a mainly internal process. There is a more complex perspective on this, I think it is called Crow's Nest theory or something, I dont quite recall, but I remember @Eric B talking about it once. Maybe he can explain it as I am not totally fully understanding of it.

    Basically, I personally think the intensity of someone's function isn't enough to justify that it is dominant. But what do I know...
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

    LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

  6. #16
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    @louiesgonnadie, I will answer this and the PM soon - first I have to make sense of the information to make adequate conclusions. Also, I believe that might be a trait of P-dominance; accepting the info primarily, then screening it for a while, seeing where it fits together, then making a full conclusion afterwards. A J-dom screens first before accepting it, and P-doms accept it, then screen, so I've read. That's also why J-doms come to conclusions much faster in general. Thinking which one you are might help in figuring out if you are JiPe or PeJi, although right now I still think the former. But still, if the first description is accurate, it may indicate Ne-dominance.

    I'm trying to find the exact page which described the emotionalism in the INTP, also. I've forgotten the exact phrases and don't want to mislead you.

  7. #17
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    *sigh* Double post.

    I'll make use of it by stating that I'm reconsidering Fi-Te or Ti-Fe. What looks like inf-Fe might be down to other, unrelated factors. You seem to dissect information going by internal logical consistency like a Ti-user though.

  8. #18
    undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    *sigh* Double post.

    I'll make use of it by stating that I'm reconsidering Fi-Te or Ti-Fe. What looks like inf-Fe might be down to other, unrelated factors. You seem to dissect information going by internal logical consistency like a Ti-user though.
    It's okay, double posts happen.

    Yes, screening then accepting makes sense to me. Although I may possibly be misunderstanding..hm. Eh, no, I'd say Ji-Dom makes more sense to me, I read an INTP article stating how Ti-dominance gets frustrated with all the Ne possibilities and patterns, and Ti (or Ji) wants order, and a conclusion to be made. Think of this as a courtroom full of differing perspectives and the Judge is overwhelmed, thus he demands order and consistency. Yeah, sounds like my thought process.

    If you want, while re-considering you can also read some responses on the thread i posted on the cafe, same topic: http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-...infp-intp.html there is more info about my thought process and reasoning in those responses.

    Sorry if this is overwhelming.

  9. #19
    undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    206

    Default

    I also wanted to add that I was re-reading this thread, and this caught my attention:

    Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    thinking is to sensing as feeling is to intuition. Sensing/Thinking is primarily concerned with the actuality of reality, the objective influence of an object, while Intuition/Feeling is primarily concerned with the influential subconscious perceptions of objective orientation.
    I've seen sources suggesting Jung stating T/F were rational while N/S irrational, and im wondering where you got this source that differs from those sources? I've never heard it explained that way. However, it does make more sense to me being T is to S and vice versa if we're looking at concrete vs abstract, conscious vs unconscious etc. However T/F also is stated by Jung as rational pertaining to judgement, while N/S pertains to perception. Confusing yet very interesting.
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

    LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

  10. #20
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    I agree I have strong Ne but it is also an indicator of me in "extravert mode", I am turning to my preferred extraverted function to explain my thoughts. Also I feel like my Ji keeps my Ne in line for the most part. Also, Ji is a mainly internal process. There is a more complex perspective on this, I think it is called Crow's Nest theory or something, I dont quite recall, but I remember @Eric B talking about it once. Maybe he can explain it as I am not totally fully understanding of it.

    Basically, I personally think the intensity of someone's function isn't enough to justify that it is dominant. But what do I know...
    I wouldn't use crow's nest or double agents as defined by Lenore Thompson to try and type a person. It seems like an exercise with a low probability of accuracy. It involves turning to the functions that aren't even in your top 4, which in theory, would not be something that happens a lot.

    You are right, the intensity of someone's function isn't enough to justify it as dominant. It's a reasonable clue that could lead to a guess however. INFP seems like a very good possibility as well. I don't think INTP fits.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Can't tell if I'm an INFP or INTP.
    By tearsforfears in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 12:27 AM
  2. INFJ, INFP, or INTP?: Type me . . .
    By Rachel in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 08:29 PM
  3. INFP or INTP?
    By PurpleDusk in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 03:47 PM
  4. INFP or INTP?
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 11:02 PM
  5. INFP or INTP?
    By WobblyStilettos in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 07:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO