• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's My Tritype?

G

Ginkgo

Picking one type out of each enneagram fix (head, gut, heart), which ones do you think apply the most to me?

I've pretty much narrowed the heart fix down to 4, the head fix to 6 or 5, and the gut fix down to 9 or 1.

I'm going to go ahead and invite [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], but silliness won't be tolerated.

[MENTION=13147]senza tema[/MENTION] [MENTION=9552]momental[/MENTION] [MENTION=9913]wheelchairdoug[/MENTION] [MENTION=9627]Chawie[/MENTION] [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] [MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION] [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] [MENTION=5143]Salomé[/MENTION] [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] [MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]- all ya'll better give your 2 cents. or else: :butterflee:

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not sure if I know your internal monologue well enough to know 5 vs 6 or 9 vs 1. (I agree that there ain't much 7 or 8 to be had in there, and as you know, I'm of the opinion that you're the 4est of 4s!)

My gut says 451, b/c I don't see much 6-ish anxiety or 9-ish merging, but more 5-ish intellectualizing/withdrawal and 1-ish scolding/moralizing. But I don't have much evidence to back that up (except one time when you scolded someone repeatedly on Vent, re: 1 over 9).

/please don't take this as an expert opinion

461 or 469. I haven't decided yet for sure.
You have a weird way of clinging to people and waiting for them to tell you what to do and then protesting and arguing with them and generally being difficult, so I declare your head fix to be 6. And you vibe similar to [MENTION=9552]momental[/MENTION] in many ways, and I think he's 46x as well, so yeah.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I agree with 4. I believe 5 is probably your head fix because sometimes you come across as more philosophical intellectual to the point of seeming NT ish when you aren't spreading random randomness. I agree with EJCC that you have a mild withdrawal quality too.

I don't know about 9 or 1 - I have to think about it and return.

G

Ginkgo

I'm not sure if I know your internal monologue well enough to know 5 vs 6 or 9 vs 1. (I agree that there ain't much 7 or 8 to be had in there, and as you know, I'm of the opinion that you're the 4est of 4s!)

My gut says 451, b/c I don't see much 6-ish anxiety or 9-ish merging, but more 5-ish intellectualizing/withdrawal and 1-ish scolding/moralizing. But I don't have much evidence to back that up (except one time when you scolded someone repeatedly on Vent, re: 1 over 9).

/please don't take this as an expert opinion

I often seek confirmation from outer sources with my head (hence this thread). This is predominately a 6 trait. The degree to which 5 is self sufficient vs the degree that 6 is self sufficient, in the context of intellectualizing issues, is foggy to me. I definitely experience bouts of hording information like a 5. I can come up with very particular and unique ways of looking at things - iconoclastic in the very definition of the word. Not even giving a shit once an idea has been solidified as reasonable.

As far as the 1 thing - yes, frankly I think this is one of my under-appreciated aspects. I feel like a 1 fixed person. I feel, in my gut, that there's a very distinct sense of right and wrong and that "wrong" things could be improved - especially on a global scale. However, I also feel, in my gut, that there's often a need for peace.

G

Ginkgo

461 or 469. I haven't decided yet for sure.
You have a weird way of clinging to people and waiting for them to tell you what to do and then protesting and arguing with them, so I declare your head fix to be 6. And you vibe similar to [MENTION=9552]momental[/MENTION] in many ways, and I think he's 46x as well, so yeah.

I thought he's a 64x. His tendency to project and intellectually protest is second nature to him compared to my tendency.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Based on input from [MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13147]senza tema[/MENTION], I change my vote to 4w5-6w5-9w1. :)

G

Ginkgo

I agree with 4. I believe 5 is probably your head fix because sometimes you come across as more philosophical intellectual to the point of seeming NT ish when you aren't spreading random randomness. I agree with EJCC that you have a mild withdrawal quality too.

I don't know about 9 or 1 - I have to think about it and return.

How does philosophical/intellectual exclude the possibility of 6? As a 6, do you think you're intellectual?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
How does philosophical/intellectual exclude the possibility of 6? As a 6, do you think you're intellectual?

Yes I do. And I tend to gather and spout off information (which is actually an SEE trait)....however I think the way we approach ideas is different, which may just be Se v. Ne.

I don't see you as ambivalent or group oriented. I think 1 is probably right since you are so sure of right and wrong. I am too, to an extent, but then my mind can be changed with more solid factual information and I really will question myself and feel tortured at low health levels, even though I become very obsessively us_them at that point. Like I will even acknowledge opposing points people are making in my head and may work them in to my schema of right or correct later, but keep treating the other as an enemy during the confrontation. That's mid level to less healthy or stressed six behavior. Ill question myself later if I was right to go on about it...but later.

I don't know if you are like that.

G

Ginkgo

Yes I do. And I tend to gather and spout off information (which is actually an SEE trait)....however I think the way we approach ideas is different, which may just be Se v. Ne.

I don't see you as ambivalent or group oriented. I think 1 is probably right since you are so sure of right and wrong. I am too, to an extent, but then my mind can be changed with more solid factual information and I really will question myself and feel tortured at low health levels, even though I become very obsessively us_them at that point. Like I will even acknowledge opposing points people are making in my head and may work them in to my schema of right or correct later, but keep treating the other as an enemy during the confrontation. That's mid level to less healthy or stressed six behavior. Ill question myself later if I wad right to go on about it...but later.

I don't know if you are like that.

I'll think of opposing point to people who may be at odds with each other. I think a good demonstration of this that you are already aware of would be your conflict with Edgar. I could see both sides and felt like there were elements of each that were either questionable or could be flat out incorrect - all the while, my head demanded that I be neutral and objective, which created more dissonance once I was reminded that I wasn't fully informed.

I don't think I'm ambivalent unless I'm ignorant of something. I'm fairly acute of how even nuances of emotion respond to most of my experiences, even though I don't always know how to put them into words. I'm convinced that there's a wild spectrum of emotion that we have yet to classify and that, through communication, much of it is felt on the basis of intuition and assumptions.

I gather information, but I rework it into a framework that holds value to me before spouting it off. I think that those frameworks directly relate to potential audiences, hence my interest in psychology and typology.

How much do you tailor your communication to your audience? This is actually an area of interest for me, regardless of this threads premise - do you feel confidence in the face that you present to this forum and the world?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Ugh! Dammit, I've changed my mind again. 4w5-6w5-1w9.

:doh: Maybe I should stop trying.

/is done posting

G

Ginkgo

^ Ugh! Dammit, I've changed my mind again. 4w5-6w5-1w9.

:doh: Maybe I should stop trying.

/is done posting

I gotta admit, I prefer that tritype over 469 and it makes more sense to me. But enneagram isn't all about the preferable aspects of self-knowledge, is it? :tongue:

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I gotta admit, I prefer that tritype over 469 and it makes more sense to me. But enneagram isn't all about the preferable aspects of self-knowledge, is it? :tongue:

The tritype should speak to something you're "good" at, actually, so if you can identify with 461, that may indeed be the one.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Ima throw a twist in here and say 4w5-6w7-1w9.

Having the middle one be 6w5 would be really a lot of introversion/focus on the intrinsic value dimension, with absolute zero focus on the extrinsic value dimension. I think part of you does extrovert, and focus on the extrinsic, and the seven wing could explain that. Not dead set on it or anything (4w5-6w5-1w9 makes sense), but just something to consider. I think the Pan inside you could be explained by that seven wing. Plus, you kinda have that "buddy" quality of the 6w7. It's not necessarily your core, but it's definitely a significant part.

The hardest part, I think, is the gut fix; ultimately, tho, I see more 1-moralizing in you than 9-peacekeeping.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'll think of opposing point to people who may be at odds with each other. I think a good demonstration of this that you are already aware of would be your conflict with Edgar. I could see both sides and felt like there were elements of each that were either questionable or could be flat out incorrect - all the while, my head demanded that I be neutral and objective, which created more dissonance once I was reminded that I wasn't fully informed.

I don't think I'm ambivalent unless I'm ignorant of something. I'm fairly acute of how even nuances of emotion respond to most of my experiences, even though I don't always know how to put them into words. I'm convinced that there's a wild spectrum of emotion that we have yet to classify and that, through communication, much of it is felt on the basis of intuition and assumptions.

I gather information, but I rework it into a framework that holds value to me before spouting it off. I think that those frameworks directly relate to potential audiences, hence my interest in psychology and typology.

How much do you tailor your communication to your audience? This is actually an area of interest for me, regardless of this threads premise - do you feel confidence in the face that you present to this forum and the world?

Well that was very fair of you and probably the sanest stance to take when judging other people's friendships or misunderstandings and yes of course I was wrong about some things but Jesus Christ so was he.. waaaaay off, in fact, and mostly his own fault in my opinion by childishly avoiding being straight forward. I am way done with that though so I am guessing you are just using it as an example.

I am talking more in regards to conflicts of ideas and opinions more than judging other people's relationships, which I tend to understand as huge gray areas and even feel disgust some times towards people who take sides irrationally in those cases, unless it's their significant other or child.

You still seem more five to me...

I do tailor my communication very much to different audiences, almost to the point of creating characters. Im mostly confident but get stage fright some times. When I was a teenager I hated for anyone to read my writing. It was only after discovering on line journaling that I became so open and actually found it freeing and in some cases productive for sharing ideas and learning. I see it now almost as a form of performance to be on a forum.

G

Ginkgo

The tritype should speak to something you're "good" at, actually, so if you can identify with 461, that may indeed be the one.

In isolation, the enneagram theory isn't really for you unless you can endure a slight impulse to carve gashes into your wrists in self-loathing. Why is tritype so different?
Ima throw a twist in here and say 4w5-6w7-1w9.

Having the middle one be 6w5 would be really a lot of introversion/focus on the intrinsic value dimension, with absolute zero focus on the extrinsic value dimension. I think part of you does extrovert, and focus on the extrinsic, and the seven wing could explain that. Not dead set on it or anything (4w5-6w5-1w9 makes sense), but just something to consider. I think the Pan inside you could be explained by that seven wing. Plus, you kinda have that "buddy" quality of the 6w7. It's not necessarily your core, but it's definitely a significant part.

The hardest part, I think, is the gut fix; ultimately, tho, I see more 1-moralizing in you than 9-peacekeeping.

I agree. And yeah, I do like being a buddy - I think in some ways it's a learned behavior but it's solidified into something instinctual over the years. It's impulsive an anxious, especially in the context of unpleasant stimulus, so naturally there's some conflict between the urgency to pile-drive negative emotions as a 4, and the urgency to throw shiny distractions at people to make them sparkly-eyed. I feel a strong degree of guilt about the prospect of forcing others to recognize the negatives of life - even though existence is significantly dark, others should come to recognize this on their own terms. At times, I prod people a bit about those negatives and observe the consequence in order to see if they're growing. If they suffer an averse reaction, I feel kind of shitty.
That was my gut reaction as well but I was enjoying watching him squirm over the prospect of being a 9-fixer.

Oh well. My cards are on the table now.

Troll.