User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Just because you have a storehouse of info at your disposal doesn't necessarily mean you've been inclined to look at it.
    True.

@Elfboy I think you fetishize aggression and assertiveness, and for this reason, you rationalize your irritation with others by labeling them as passive aggressive even though they're probably just exhibiting benign behaviors. You do have some sort of point to be had about the nature of my posts, but your level of bias about this particular issue sticks out like a sore thumb.

Oh Gingko...I'm so happy to have been invited to this party... and I brought margarita mix and an extra blender just like the invitation said...

But the fact I really have no idea what my own tritype is...(748 = a bit too hardcore and 749 = a bit too not hardcore) is usually enough to stop me from making any type of commentary on someone else's.

What I see in you though...

4w5 7w6 1w2

From http://www.the16types.info/
    147 – The Visionary Archetype

“I experience myself as being intensely idealistic and perfectionistic. I also experience a lot of internal tension from having both 7 and 1 in my tritype. Sometimes I allow myself to be bold, playful and uninhibited, and other times I feel very serious, reserved and self conscious. I'm still pretty optimistic for a 4 and I think the future can and certainly should be better than it is and that there's a way to get there. I find myself to be frustrated with present circumstances though.”
    Yeah, what you wrote above really echoes what Katherine has found with the 471. It is the most idealistic of all the tritypes having all 3 idealists. This is the type that is both diligent, creative and intuitive. She said the blindspot is that the identification with the high ideals can create a sense of being inflexible in standards and rigid. She also said this is the type most likely to alternate between being the life of the party and feeling inhibited and needing to be appropriate. The life mission is to bring visualize ways to create meaningful change and teach or inspire others toward higher values of excellence.

The 7 is what allows you to be bold (and the 4) but that 1 in there creates a stronger superego that likely says "you must be good, ethical, right, and appropriate" so there will be a clamping down of the spontaneous energy. With a 3 wing and social subtype I would imagine this person would be very productive and inclined to stay busy in order to avoid to inevitable emotional flood of the 4. With a 5 wing there might be more of an interest in academic or intellectual pursuits.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Just because you have a storehouse of info at your disposal doesn't necessarily mean you've felt inclined to look at it.
    I guess this means that we are on the same page, too!
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Oh Gingko...I'm so happy to have been invited to this party... and I brought margarita mix and an extra blender just like the invitation said...
    This comment pretty much obligated me to respond. How cordial.
    But the fact I really have no idea what my own tritype is...(748 = a bit too hardcore and 749 = a bit too not hardcore) is usually enough to stop me from making any type of commentary on someone else's.
    You know I used to think this would be a shitty reason to shrink from typing someone else, but the fact is that once someone even attempts to type themselves, their ego becomes invested in type theory. Once that happens, the framework for typing others adjusts itself according to how one person believes they differ from others. Just observing anothers' behavior that you believe is deplorable tends to negate substantial identification.

What I see in you though...

4w5 7w6 1w2

From http://www.the16types.info/
    I tend to see this tritype as gregarious and outgoing. I hadn't given it much of a thought, but I'll let the thought simmer. Thank you for the input.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Is it that you guys withhold your true self... or do people just suspect that because you're authentically bland?
    The bland exterior is mostly a facade, though for core 9s that bland feature should be more genuine.

I might secretly hate everything a person represents, but I'd still be quite able to forget my visceral reactions and put on a calculated friendly vibe if I conclude that it's for the best.

@Glycerine Do you relate?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    The bland exterior is mostly a facade, though for core 9s that bland feature should be more genuine.

I might secretly hate everything a person represents, but I'd still be quite able to forget my visceral reactions and put on a calculated friendly vibe if I conclude that it's for the best.

Assuming you express more authentic reactions at one point or another, under what conditions do you do so?

Glycerine

yes. It is a facade. I usually have more of an ambivalence towards people so my interactions are a bit calculated. Ironically, eventually the person knows exactly what I think of them (criticisms, strengths, etc.) through bits and pieces over a long period of time. I am considered an odd mixture of reserved, blunt, and diplomatic.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Assuming you express more authentic reactions at one point or another, under what conditions do you do so?
    I must consider the reactions objectively relevant + that the other person is willing to listen + that the risk of a reprimand is minimal + that something can be gained from it.

Say a person comes to me and says he is thinking about comitting suicide. I'd be shocked for a split second, but then I'd calmly ask for more information.

Most people would react like "OMG, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T DO IT", but that doesn't look very efficient, as it would likely make the person feel guilty and misunderstood (which could easily backfire).
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Ginkgo

I must consider the reactions objectively relevant + that the other person is willing to listen + that the risk of a reprimand is minimal + that something can be gained from it.

Say a person comes to me and says he is thinking about comitting suicide. I'd be shocked for a split second, but then I'd calmly ask for more information.

Most people would react like "OMG, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T DO IT", but that doesn't look very efficient, as it would likely make the person feel guilty and misunderstood (which could easily backfire).
    This sounds resoundingly 5-ish.

Glycerine

My typical reaction would be to freeze, say in a calm voice, "oh, I am sorry to hear that. Why is that? What's going on?" I am not quite so calculated as you. haha

To answer the question, if I truly don't care about the repercussions, how long I think the potential relationship will last (I tend to be more open with people who I know I have an easy out with), if I am fed up w/ people. or if shit isn't getting done. There is a select group of people who I will be open/authentic with because I genuinely like them a lot.