• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's My Tritype?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4w5-6w7-9w1

Listen to your gut :wink:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Recognizing that my tertiary was Si was really what solidified my typing as INFP. That's a left field way of inferring your type but it works.

I definitely see you as responding to things "in the moment", which I can barely do. For this reason, I can understand why others are still under the impression that you're ENFP since Pe lends itself to that sort of thing, even when it's not as reflexive as Se. I can occupy ambiversion pretty damned easily so people have assumed I'm extraverted but I simply don't draw energy from others. They're comforting, but things don't add up when I'm making efforts in the social scene.

Oh I understand it too...but I am just not sensing inferior and its blatantly obvious to me. I actually think JTG made a great argument (not on the forum but to me personally) that all of my work, priorities and creativity seemed Se and that my constant bombardment of new sensory detail in my speech fucked with his Si conceptualization. I also had both INTJs and ISFP tell me my intuition seems more like Ni.

My sensing and intuition are close, like aux tert, rather than opposition. I also seem quite prone to inferior Te and IRL apparently wear that cold or banal Fi mask with strangers or acquaintances.

Would you say that ISFPs are more prone to be socialites than INFPs?

Most sources say INFP is very introverted but ISFP is ambiverted, that I have seen.

Even when I focus on narrative, I traipse off to embellish things creatively to emphasize points. I think we have different ways of addressing the audience but you probably have your bases covered in more ways that i do.

Interesting. I think you are more random and conceptual than I am.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They truly do.... geez. [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] are some of the other "thinkers". It's funny how we all come across differently but seem somewhat similar. lol
Yep, the nickname is kinda lame.

Otoh, I love the triads that the people from enneagram institute came up with (one for each combination of tri type):

125, 251, 512 The Mentor Triple details (2 is people details)
126, 261, 612 The Supporter Triple duty, compliant helper
127, 271, 712 The Teacher Triple people focused, correcting or enjoying
135, 351, 513 The Technical Expert Triple precise or exacting
136, 361, 613 The Taskmaster Triple doing, responsible, Industrious
137, 371, 713 The Systems Builder Triple perfectionistic, developing.
145, 451, 514 The Researcher Triple analytical
146, 416, 614 The Philosopher Triple critical of self and others.
147, 417, 714 The Visionary Triple vision, ideas
258, 582, 825 The Strategist Triple rejection oriented
259, 592, 925 The Problem Solver Triple conflict avoiding
268, 682, 826 The Rescuer Triple protector, people focus active, hero
269, 692, 926 The Good Samaritan Triple people focus passive, helpers also
278, 782, 827 The Free Spirit ,Triple manipulating, Libertine
279, 792, 927 The Peacemaker Triple Upbeat ok-ness
358, 583, 835 The Solution Master triple strategic
359, 593, 935 The Thinker Triple hiders of true self, Camouflagers
368, 683, 836 The Justice Fighter Triple Confronters, Challenger
369, 639, 936 The Mediator Adapters, triple shape changes to get along
378, 738, 837 The Mover and Shaker Triple assertive
379, 739, 937 The Ambassador Triple positive, happy, Goodwill
458, 548, 845 The Scholar Triple independent thinkers
459, 549, 945 The Contemplative Triple withdrawn
468, 648, 846 The Truth Teller Triple reactive, emotional
469, 649, 946 The Seeker Triple doubting
478, 748, 847 The Messenger Triple creative and original
479, 749, 947 The Gentle Spirit Triple imaginative and magical

Triple hiders of true self works perfectly for both of us. :devil: Don't know ummlau and senza enough to make that call, though I do sense a similar vibe. [MENTION=15004]Mia.[/MENTION] (954) fit the "triple withdrawn" description masterfully.

As for Ginkgo, mostly by elimination, I'd guess 497.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tritype is one of the dumber ideas on this site.

I'm going 4w3. 4 for the oddness, 3 for the drama queeniness.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION]
some combination of 479.
4 fix: not 2 or 3, nuff said (that said, I still don't buy it as your core)
9 fix: you're not critical, stern or conscientious enough to be a 1 fixer. 1 fixers have a sort of tenseness to them and show more obvious signs of frustration. your demeanor always say "I'm not angry :) ".....even when your lexicon suggests otherwise. your energy is more chill/kumbaya and you seem to greatly dislike confrontation.
7: your demeanor is cheery, carefree and, once again, lacks conscientiousness. 6 fixers are more prone to plan for the worst and have a more urgent energy about them. apart from that, I can't see you as double reactive. your personality has a strong positive outlook leaning.

also, not Sx/So. probably Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp

tl;dr: probably 9w1>4w?>7w6 Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess that sort of answers my question.

I'm male.
I have thought about it and decided gender and introversion have nothing to do with it. By looking at your posting style vs other introverted 6's, Zarathustra comes to mind, a male, an introvert, and a 6.

I'm still going with 451.

But I do have to say that I cannot tell as much between the 5 vs 6

In your posts I mostly just see 4 and 1

1 is everywhere even on your signature.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They truly do.... geez. [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] are some of the other "thinkers". It's funny how we all come across differently but seem somewhat similar. lol

Yeah I was saying the same thing to Ginkgo earlier. :)

Otoh, I love the triads that the people from enneagram institute came up with (one for each combination of tri type):

Triple hiders of true self works perfectly for both of us. :devil: Don't know ummlau and senza enough to make that call, though I do sense a similar vibe. [MENTION=15004]Mia.[/MENTION] (954) fit the "triple withdrawn" description masterfully.

As for Ginkgo, mostly by elimination, I'd guess 497.

The main thing I've noticed with respect to Glycerine and Rasofy is that even though one is ENFJ and the other is INTP, I've never had cross-talk issues with either of them, the way I often do with those types. Both seem to know where I'm coming from in even the touchiest of cases. I don't know senza well enough, but I suspect the same thing would be the case.

There is a post over here that summarizes my thoughts on the 953 tritype.

Sorry Ginkgo, I don't know you well enough to type you. The main thing to be sure of is your primary type. If you haven't figured that out for yourself, then it will be very difficult to figure out tritype. Once you have the primary type, then it's fairly easy to nail down the other two, mostly because they describe your visible personality, but not the deep aspects of your personality that are exemplified in the main type.

G

Ginkgo

Is it that you guys withhold your true self... or do people just suspect that because you're authentically bland?

Tritype is one of the dumber ideas on this site.

I'm going 4w3. 4 for the oddness, 3 for the drama queeniness.
908.gif

...coming from one of the top tier drama queens on this site.
[MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION]
some combination of 479.
4 fix: not 2 or 3, nuff said (that said, I still don't buy it as your core)
9 fix: you're not critical, stern or conscientious enough to be a 1 fixer. 1 fixers have a sort of tenseness to them and show more obvious signs of frustration. your demeanor always say "I'm not angry :) ".....even when your lexicon suggests otherwise. your energy is more chill/kumbaya and you seem to greatly dislike confrontation.
7: your demeanor is cheery, carefree and, once again, lacks conscientiousness. 6 fixers are more prone to plan for the worst and have a more urgent energy about them. apart from that, I can't see you as double reactive. your personality has a strong positive outlook leaning.

also, not Sx/So. probably Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp

tl;dr: probably 9w1>4w?>7w6 Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp

Even after our prior spat about my tritype... you still think I don't display anger. Do you see me as passive aggressive? It's true, I tend to withhold it because, well, admittedly, I've hardly mastered channeling it constructively. Especially in personal interactions, being upfront about the emotion itself just seems to be an invitation to let people rile you up and exploit your weak points. I don't enjoy being burrowed into on that level, but in reference to [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]'s post, I feel oneish.

As for my primary type ... Jeez I can't tell you how overwhelmingly consistent my test scores have been. It's not a solid, reliable indicator of type, but the more tests you take, the more elements of each type you're bound to compare yourself to. The average nomenclature of the tests I've taken indicates I'm in the 4-5-6 range, and the level of internally impelled discord I feel... Far more 4. The cognizance I experience in terms of how I get along with others simply isn't a natural gut reaction. I don't exist in that state of seamlessly slipping into a situation; the very act of getting along with people is scarcely comfortable all in all.
I have thought about it and decided gender and introversion have nothing to do with it. By looking at your posting style vs other introverted 6's, Zarathustra comes to mind, a male, an introvert, and a 6.

I'm still going with 451.

But I do have to say that I cannot tell as much between the 5 vs 6

In your posts I mostly just see 4 and 1

1 is everywhere even on your signature.

Zarathustra's posts, and even marm's have a quality in which you get that sense that you're being put in your place far more than the average 5's posts. 5s tend to be armored cores that at most influence things indirectly by methodically applying pressure at a point of least resistance. It's the best way for them to conserve energy. 6's, on the other hand, are pretty diligent about making fortifications everywhere, but mostly in the middle ground between them and others.

G

Ginkgo

Sorry Ginkgo, I don't know you well enough to type you. The main thing to be sure of is your primary type. If you haven't figured that out for yourself, then it will be very difficult to figure out tritype. Once you have the primary type, then it's fairly easy to nail down the other two, mostly because they describe your visible personality, but not the deep aspects of your personality that are exemplified in the main type.

No worries, though this is surprising coming from a moderator. One would think that you guys have a decent storehouse of info that could neatly be interpreted to elucidate peoples' more defining features. And yeah, I'm a 4.

No worries, though this is surprising coming from a moderator. One would think that you guys have a decent storehouse of info that could neatly be interpreted to elucidate peoples' more defining features. And yeah, I'm a 4.

Just because you have a storehouse of info at your disposal doesn't necessarily mean you've felt inclined to look at it.

G

Ginkgo

Just because you have a storehouse of info at your disposal doesn't necessarily mean you've been inclined to look at it.

True.

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] I think you fetishize aggression and assertiveness, and for this reason, you rationalize your irritation with others by labeling them as passive aggressive even though they're probably just exhibiting benign behaviors. You do have some sort of point to be had about the nature of my posts, but your level of bias about this particular issue sticks out like a sore thumb.

Starry

Oh Gingko...I'm so happy to have been invited to this party... and I brought margarita mix and an extra blender just like the invitation said...

But the fact I really have no idea what my own tritype is...(748 = a bit too hardcore and 749 = a bit too not hardcore) is usually enough to stop me from making any type of commentary on someone else's.

What I see in you though...

4w5 7w6 1w2

From http://www.the16types.info/
147 – The Visionary Archetype

“I experience myself as being intensely idealistic and perfectionistic. I also experience a lot of internal tension from having both 7 and 1 in my tritype. Sometimes I allow myself to be bold, playful and uninhibited, and other times I feel very serious, reserved and self conscious. I'm still pretty optimistic for a 4 and I think the future can and certainly should be better than it is and that there's a way to get there. I find myself to be frustrated with present circumstances though.”
Yeah, what you wrote above really echoes what Katherine has found with the 471. It is the most idealistic of all the tritypes having all 3 idealists. This is the type that is both diligent, creative and intuitive. She said the blindspot is that the identification with the high ideals can create a sense of being inflexible in standards and rigid. She also said this is the type most likely to alternate between being the life of the party and feeling inhibited and needing to be appropriate. The life mission is to bring visualize ways to create meaningful change and teach or inspire others toward higher values of excellence.

The 7 is what allows you to be bold (and the 4) but that 1 in there creates a stronger superego that likely says "you must be good, ethical, right, and appropriate" so there will be a clamping down of the spontaneous energy. With a 3 wing and social subtype I would imagine this person would be very productive and inclined to stay busy in order to avoid to inevitable emotional flood of the 4. With a 5 wing there might be more of an interest in academic or intellectual pursuits.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just because you have a storehouse of info at your disposal doesn't necessarily mean you've felt inclined to look at it.

I guess this means that we are on the same page, too! :)

G

Ginkgo

Oh Gingko...I'm so happy to have been invited to this party... and I brought margarita mix and an extra blender just like the invitation said...

This comment pretty much obligated me to respond. How cordial. :laugh::cheers:
But the fact I really have no idea what my own tritype is...(748 = a bit too hardcore and 749 = a bit too not hardcore) is usually enough to stop me from making any type of commentary on someone else's.

You know I used to think this would be a shitty reason to shrink from typing someone else, but the fact is that once someone even attempts to type themselves, their ego becomes invested in type theory. Once that happens, the framework for typing others adjusts itself according to how one person believes they differ from others. Just observing anothers' behavior that you believe is deplorable tends to negate substantial identification.

What I see in you though...

4w5 7w6 1w2

From http://www.the16types.info/

I tend to see this tritype as gregarious and outgoing. I hadn't given it much of a thought, but I'll let the thought simmer. Thank you for the input. :)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it that you guys withhold your true self... or do people just suspect that because you're authentically bland?
The bland exterior is mostly a facade, though for core 9s that bland feature should be more genuine.

I might secretly hate everything a person represents, but I'd still be quite able to forget my visceral reactions and put on a calculated friendly vibe if I conclude that it's for the best.

[MENTION=5109]Glycerine[/MENTION] Do you relate?

G

Ginkgo

The bland exterior is mostly a facade, though for core 9s that bland feature should be more genuine.

I might secretly hate everything a person represents, but I'd still be quite able to forget my visceral reactions and put on a calculated friendly vibe if I conclude that it's for the best.

Assuming you express more authentic reactions at one point or another, under what conditions do you do so?

G

Glycerine

yes. It is a facade. I usually have more of an ambivalence towards people so my interactions are a bit calculated. Ironically, eventually the person knows exactly what I think of them (criticisms, strengths, etc.) through bits and pieces over a long period of time. I am considered an odd mixture of reserved, blunt, and diplomatic.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Assuming you express more authentic reactions at one point or another, under what conditions do you do so?
I must consider the reactions objectively relevant + that the other person is willing to listen + that the risk of a reprimand is minimal + that something can be gained from it.

Say a person comes to me and says he is thinking about comitting suicide. I'd be shocked for a split second, but then I'd calmly ask for more information.

Most people would react like "OMG, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T DO IT", but that doesn't look very efficient, as it would likely make the person feel guilty and misunderstood (which could easily backfire).

G

Ginkgo

I must consider the reactions objectively relevant + that the other person is willing to listen + that the risk of a reprimand is minimal + that something can be gained from it.

Say a person comes to me and says he is thinking about comitting suicide. I'd be shocked for a split second, but then I'd calmly ask for more information.

Most people would react like "OMG, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T DO IT", but that doesn't look very efficient, as it would likely make the person feel guilty and misunderstood (which could easily backfire).

This sounds resoundingly 5-ish.

G

Glycerine

My typical reaction would be to freeze, say in a calm voice, "oh, I am sorry to hear that. Why is that? What's going on?" I am not quite so calculated as you. haha

To answer the question, if I truly don't care about the repercussions, how long I think the potential relationship will last (I tend to be more open with people who I know I have an easy out with), if I am fed up w/ people. or if shit isn't getting done. There is a select group of people who I will be open/authentic with because I genuinely like them a lot.