User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I agree with 4. I believe 5 is probably your head fix because sometimes you come across as more philosophical intellectual to the point of seeming NT ish when you aren't spreading random randomness. I agree with EJCC that you have a mild withdrawal quality too.

I don't know about 9 or 1 - I have to think about it and return.
    How does philosophical/intellectual exclude the possibility of 6? As a 6, do you think you're intellectual?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    How does philosophical/intellectual exclude the possibility of 6? As a 6, do you think you're intellectual?
    Yes I do. And I tend to gather and spout off information (which is actually an SEE trait)....however I think the way we approach ideas is different, which may just be Se v. Ne.

I don't see you as ambivalent or group oriented. I think 1 is probably right since you are so sure of right and wrong. I am too, to an extent, but then my mind can be changed with more solid factual information and I really will question myself and feel tortured at low health levels, even though I become very obsessively us_them at that point. Like I will even acknowledge opposing points people are making in my head and may work them in to my schema of right or correct later, but keep treating the other as an enemy during the confrontation. That's mid level to less healthy or stressed six behavior. Ill question myself later if I was right to go on about it...but later.

I don't know if you are like that.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Yes I do. And I tend to gather and spout off information (which is actually an SEE trait)....however I think the way we approach ideas is different, which may just be Se v. Ne.

I don't see you as ambivalent or group oriented. I think 1 is probably right since you are so sure of right and wrong. I am too, to an extent, but then my mind can be changed with more solid factual information and I really will question myself and feel tortured at low health levels, even though I become very obsessively us_them at that point. Like I will even acknowledge opposing points people are making in my head and may work them in to my schema of right or correct later, but keep treating the other as an enemy during the confrontation. That's mid level to less healthy or stressed six behavior. Ill question myself later if I wad right to go on about it...but later.

I don't know if you are like that.
    I'll think of opposing point to people who may be at odds with each other. I think a good demonstration of this that you are already aware of would be your conflict with Edgar. I could see both sides and felt like there were elements of each that were either questionable or could be flat out incorrect - all the while, my head demanded that I be neutral and objective, which created more dissonance once I was reminded that I wasn't fully informed.

I don't think I'm ambivalent unless I'm ignorant of something. I'm fairly acute of how even nuances of emotion respond to most of my experiences, even though I don't always know how to put them into words. I'm convinced that there's a wild spectrum of emotion that we have yet to classify and that, through communication, much of it is felt on the basis of intuition and assumptions.

I gather information, but I rework it into a framework that holds value to me before spouting it off. I think that those frameworks directly relate to potential audiences, hence my interest in psychology and typology.

How much do you tailor your communication to your audience? This is actually an area of interest for me, regardless of this threads premise - do you feel confidence in the face that you present to this forum and the world?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ Ugh! Dammit, I've changed my mind again. 4w5-6w5-1w9.

Maybe I should stop trying.

/is done posting
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ^ Ugh! Dammit, I've changed my mind again. 4w5-6w5-1w9.

Maybe I should stop trying.

/is done posting
    I gotta admit, I prefer that tritype over 469 and it makes more sense to me. But enneagram isn't all about the preferable aspects of self-knowledge, is it?

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I gotta admit, I prefer that tritype over 469 and it makes more sense to me. But enneagram isn't all about the preferable aspects of self-knowledge, is it?
    The tritype should speak to something you're "good" at, actually, so if you can identify with 461, that may indeed be the one.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Ima throw a twist in here and say 4w5-6w7-1w9.

Having the middle one be 6w5 would be really a lot of introversion/focus on the intrinsic value dimension, with absolute zero focus on the extrinsic value dimension. I think part of you does extrovert, and focus on the extrinsic, and the seven wing could explain that. Not dead set on it or anything (4w5-6w5-1w9 makes sense), but just something to consider. I think the Pan inside you could be explained by that seven wing. Plus, you kinda have that "buddy" quality of the 6w7. It's not necessarily your core, but it's definitely a significant part.

The hardest part, I think, is the gut fix; ultimately, tho, I see more 1-moralizing in you than 9-peacekeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    That was my gut reaction as well but I was enjoying watching him squirm over the prospect of being a 9-fix.

Oh well. My cards are on the table now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'll think of opposing point to people who may be at odds with each other. I think a good demonstration of this that you are already aware of would be your conflict with Edgar. I could see both sides and felt like there were elements of each that were either questionable or could be flat out incorrect - all the while, my head demanded that I be neutral and objective, which created more dissonance once I was reminded that I wasn't fully informed.

I don't think I'm ambivalent unless I'm ignorant of something. I'm fairly acute of how even nuances of emotion respond to most of my experiences, even though I don't always know how to put them into words. I'm convinced that there's a wild spectrum of emotion that we have yet to classify and that, through communication, much of it is felt on the basis of intuition and assumptions.

I gather information, but I rework it into a framework that holds value to me before spouting it off. I think that those frameworks directly relate to potential audiences, hence my interest in psychology and typology.

How much do you tailor your communication to your audience? This is actually an area of interest for me, regardless of this threads premise - do you feel confidence in the face that you present to this forum and the world?
    Well that was very fair of you and probably the sanest stance to take when judging other people's friendships or misunderstandings and yes of course I was wrong about some things but Jesus Christ so was he.. waaaaay off, in fact, and mostly his own fault in my opinion by childishly avoiding being straight forward. I am way done with that though so I am guessing you are just using it as an example.

I am talking more in regards to conflicts of ideas and opinions more than judging other people's relationships, which I tend to understand as huge gray areas and even feel disgust some times towards people who take sides irrationally in those cases, unless it's their significant other or child.

You still seem more five to me...

I do tailor my communication very much to different audiences, almost to the point of creating characters. Im mostly confident but get stage fright some times. When I was a teenager I hated for anyone to read my writing. It was only after discovering on line journaling that I became so open and actually found it freeing and in some cases productive for sharing ideas and learning. I see it now almost as a form of performance to be on a forum.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    The tritype should speak to something you're "good" at, actually, so if you can identify with 461, that may indeed be the one.
    In isolation, the enneagram theory isn't really for you unless you can endure a slight impulse to carve gashes into your wrists in self-loathing. Why is tritype so different?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

Having the middle one be 6w5 would be really a lot of introversion/focus on the intrinsic value dimension, with absolute zero focus on the extrinsic value dimension. I think part of you does extrovert, and focus on the extrinsic, and the seven wing could explain that. Not dead set on it or anything (4w5-6w5-1w9 makes sense), but just something to consider. I think the Pan inside you could be explained by that seven wing. Plus, you kinda have that "buddy" quality of the 6w7. It's not necessarily your core, but it's definitely a significant part.

The hardest part, I think, is the gut fix; ultimately, tho, I see more 1-moralizing in you than 9-peacekeeping.
    I agree. And yeah, I do like being a buddy - I think in some ways it's a learned behavior but it's solidified into something instinctual over the years. It's impulsive an anxious, especially in the context of unpleasant stimulus, so naturally there's some conflict between the urgency to pile-drive negative emotions as a 4, and the urgency to throw shiny distractions at people to make them sparkly-eyed. I feel a strong degree of guilt about the prospect of forcing others to recognize the negatives of life - even though existence is significantly dark, others should come to recognize this on their own terms. At times, I prod people a bit about those negatives and observe the consequence in order to see if they're growing. If they suffer an averse reaction, I feel kind of shitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    That was my gut reaction as well but I was enjoying watching him squirm over the prospect of being a 9-fixer.

Oh well. My cards are on the table now.
    Troll.