User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Crackle
    There are exceptions to this, like if someone is totally off with something they say I may point it out but not belabor the point unless it would lead something that conflicts with my best interests (or the best interests of someone I care about. So for these reasons I've thought that I've got some Fe going on, and for example, I do have a reputation at work for being someone that's very positive and easy to work with. However, this isn't something that I think is unique to Fe types. I do tend to like Fe types a lot, I like it when people are really expressive, except when some ENTPs do it.
    This isn't Fe at all. You are just a Te user that is standing up for the ones that you love. Fe is not like this at all. Fe corrects people on breaking social rules and it also gets mad when you offend people. So for example, if I was at a dinner party and I was stating my controversial view on the Trayvon Martin case, and I starting talking about how I thought that Zimmerman was innocent, and I then started to offend people an Fe user might very well then smile and tell me to please stop because I am offending people. Fe is very into not offending people and is very into manners. When you think Fe, think Julie Andrews character in "The Princess Bride".

From a Te perspective, I think I have a lot of Te characteristics as well. I don't like it when people go into a lot of detail explaining things, I'd prefer it if people just tell me conclusions but let me ask questions if I'm curious. I guess I like to think the facts speak for themselves because I don't like reading interpretations of data, I'm really only interested in hearing how something happened and maybe a chart/table explaining what happened. I also into a lot of "thinker" things, I'm an engineer for example, and I don't like quiet emotional music that I associate with feelers sometimes. I'm a metal/rap/electronica person, I need loud and intense music and stimulation when I'm being stimulated. I'm also not a big reader of literature, I don't know why that's relevant but I feel like it is.
    Yeah, you don't like people to go into a lot of detail when explaining things because it wastes time, and the Te function is obsessed with doing things as efficiently as possible and by wasting as little time as possible. Also, liking charts and graphs to explain things is a Te thing as well. Oh and my brother is an engineer too and he also likes to listen to hard metal, that's funny.

I guess in conclusion I'd say that I'm definitely in the Ni-Se zone with Ni stronger than Se, but still not entirely clear on Te vs. Fe but it sounds like Te is the most likely? I definitely don't relate to Fi at all, at least dominant Fi. I guess I'm confused if I'm an Fe type or maybe just a very nice Te type haha.
    Yeah I'm seeing ENTJ at this point and a possible INTJ. Why don't you take this cognitive functions test for me and let's see what you score on it. We can then take it from there....

http://www.cognitivequiz.com/

Then copy and paste your results.

@The Great One

My results are posted below, which I don't really get. I definitely think I have high Ni, it's something I really identify with based on my research, but the results after that don't make a lot of sense to me. What it looks like is that maybe I'm an INFJ or an INTJ in a Ni-Ti or Ni-Fi loop...if those exist? What can you make of the results?

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
    Most Likely: INFJ
    or Second Possibility: INTP
    or Third Possibility: INFP

Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
    Ni - Ti - Fi - Fe - Te - Si - Ne - Se

Your Cognitive Functions:
    Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 12.945
    Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.92
    Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||||||||||| 7.39
    Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||| 5.75
    Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||| 4.93
    Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||| 4.08
    Extroverted Intuition (Ne) || -1.365
    Extroverted Sensation (Se) || -1.43

Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is very developed.
    Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is very developed.
    Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is moderate.
    Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
    Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
    Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is moderate.
    Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is low.
    Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is low.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Crackle View Post
    @The Great One

My results are posted below, which I don't really get. I definitely think I have high Ni, it's something I really identify with based on my research, but the results after that don't make a lot of sense to me. What it looks like is that maybe I'm an INFJ or an INTJ in a Ni-Ti or Ni-Fi loop...if those exist? What can you make of the results?

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
    Most Likely: INFJ
    or Second Possibility: INTP
    or Third Possibility: INFP

Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
    Ni - Ti - Fi - Fe - Te - Si - Ne - Se

Your Cognitive Functions:
    Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 12.945
    Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.92
    Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||||||||||| 7.39
    Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||| 5.75
    Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||| 4.93
    Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||| 4.08
    Extroverted Intuition (Ne) || -1.365
    Extroverted Sensation (Se) || -1.43

Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is very developed.
    Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is very developed.
    Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is moderate.
    Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
    Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
    Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is moderate.
    Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is low.
    Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is low.
    These are really weird results. I just don't understand how you could test so poorly for Te. Your personality assessment survey seemed to wreak of Te after all. I just don't get it. Well at least one thing is for sure, you certainly are not an ENFP with strong Te like I began to suspect that you were. At this point I would say that you are either an INFJ or an INTJ. Based on that test it looks like the most likely type for you to be would be INFJ.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    These are really weird results. I just don't understand how you could test so poorly for Te. Your personality assessment survey seemed to wreak of Te after all. I just don't get it. Well at least one thing is for sure, you certainly are not an ENFP with strong Te like I began to suspect that you were. At this point I would say that you are either an INFJ or an INTJ. Based on that test it looks like the most likely type for you to be would be INFJ.
    Weird? No. How many of these test results have you examined? This is, in fact, a quite common result.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Weird? No. How many of these test results have you examined? This is, in fact, a quite common result.
    No it's pretty strange. There is no clear indication of type. Most of the tests that I examine tend to narrow it down to one to two types. However according to this, the guy could be INTP, INFJ, or INTJ. How many have you examined dude?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    No it's pretty strange. There is no clear indication of type. Most of the tests that I examine tend to narrow it down to one to two types. However according to this, the guy could be INTP, INFJ, or INTJ. How many have you examined dude?
    I examine every test result that is posted to this forum dude.

'No clear indication of type' is a common result, for one.
    Ni followed by Ti is also a common result.

@The Great One @Mal+

Hmmm, so it's down to INTJ, INFJ, or INTP.

When others have had results like this, what do they usually end up being? Or are there undocumented types? I've heard people say that Jung didn't necessarily think that auxiliary function was the opposite of the dominant. I don't know if this is true or even if it's relevant to MBTI.

Btw, thanks for helping me find my type.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Crackle View Post
    @The Great One @Mal+

Hmmm, so it's down to INTJ, INFJ, or INTP.

When others have had results like this, what do they usually end up being? Or are there undocumented types? I've heard people say that Jung didn't necessarily think that auxiliary function was the opposite of the dominant. I don't know if this is true or even if it's relevant to MBTI.

Btw, thanks for helping me find my type.
    True, Jung didn't say that the auxiliary had to have an attitude opposite to the dominant. It's the MBTI that assumes this.

However, NiTi doesn't add up to any MBTI type, and this frustrates those who are seeking a label in the system.

I'm more of a Jungian than a Myers-Briggs follower. I believe "tertiary" theory is designed to compensate for this weakness in the MBTI. It serves to "explain" how an INFJ, in this case, can have a Ti that appears to be auxiliary. Ti is the INFJ's tertiary, and this acts as a compensating function for a weakness in the Fe auxiliary.

Even if true, this still produces a type in its own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    True, Jung didn't say that the auxiliary had to have an attitude opposite to the dominant. It's the MBTI that assumes this.

However, NiTi doesn't add up to any MBTI type, and this frustrates those who are seeking a label in the system.

I'm more of a Jungian than a Myers-Briggs follower. I believe "tertiary" theory is designed to compensate for this weakness in the MBTI. It serves to "explain" how an INFJ, in this case, can have a Ti that appears to be auxiliary. Ti is the INFJ's tertiary, and this acts as a compensating function for a weakness in the Fe auxiliary.

Even if true, this still produces a type in its own right.
    I still don't really understand what to even call myself, if asked what my type is and I say that I'm some undocumented type people are going to think I'm really pretentious. From a differentiation standpoint INFJ would make sense because I just don't relate at all to Fi and I have a hard time picking between Ti and Te a lot of times. As far as Ni and Ne go, I look at examples of Ne and don't think I could have ever come up with that stuff haha. With having said that, I definitely feel like I'm a thinker over a feeler which complicates this even more, idk.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Perhaps a seemingly-rare INTJ so/sx?

You don't really seem to talk like an INFJ, more Te-clear.