• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Captain Curmudgeon's enneagram type

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
6w5 still seems like the best option to me.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bumping this thread again a year and a half later. I've been testing as a 3 now, and also identify as ISTJ. Input appreciated.

Ok I'll type you just for fun.. isfp 9w8 Sp/So.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have no idea. Maybe 3, which would make sense as a 6, but I'm not sure. When stressed, I usually either work harder or just give up completely and go into a sort of prolonged malaise-meltdown mode, frequently the former followed by the latter. In either case, it's always accompanied by me criticizing others I feel are less talented, intelligent, or otherwise deserving. (One of my worst traits that I'm really not proud of, is an occasional tendency to corner those close to me, and inquire about why they think they or someone else is more deserving than myself, or why I should be forgiving and overlook someone else's faults if they're in a similar vein as my own. In fact, I've been called out for being mean and bitter a few times, again by those close to me.

OVerall, my thought is that 6 and 3 are the strongest, though I could be wrong and I'm not sure in which order.

Sorry in advance if this is full of run-ons and is confusing at all. Dead tired and heading to bed. I'll check this thread again tomorrow.
This sounds a lot like what my 6w5 and 5w6 friends do when they disintegrate, so I am sticking with 6w5 and a strong 3 fix. With the excuse for the strong 3-ness being that sometimes trifixes can blend with integration/disintegration to a confusing degree -- like how my 7 fix amplifies my 7 integration.

I reserve the right to change my mind based on what other people say, though. :ninja:

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Oh man, this was a riot. Increasingly unsure of 631 sp/so as I get older and (hopefully) more mature. So I'm redoing the queestionnaire.
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=22257]Floki[/MENTION] [MENTION=13550]Jacques Le Paul[/MENTION] [MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION]

1. Do you like being outside or inside better?
If I'm home along without a lot to do, I usually find myself inside lounging around. That said, I do feel a fairly strong connection to nature and enjoy birdwatching or just taking a walk. Part of the former is that I often cannot motivate and organize myself to handle boredom and unstructured time very well.

2. How important is God in your life?
I attend church every week because I always have and I have social connections and activities that I enjoy there, but I don't really have any clear theological beliefs.

3. Do you enjoy sports?
Not really. I enjoy birdwatching though, and used to enjoy kayaking.

4. Do you enjoy life or do you let it pass you by?
I try to keep a balance. It's good to enjoy life, but sometimes it's ok to just go through the motions.

5. Do you drink?
Yes. Less than I used to. I get drunk here and there but I rarely set out with that in mind. It just happens that I love craft beer and bourbon.

6. What is one word that you hear all the time when people are describing your personality?
One? Ha. "Boring, curmudgeonly, and...one that throws me for a loop, 'laid-back' (what the hell, people?).

7. Are you just itching to get out of your hometown?
Eh. I have a lot of people I care about here. On the other hand, I don't necessarily fit in with the larger culture, though I'm increasingly finding that it's easy to find like-minded people if I look for them.

8. Where would you like to live one day?
Honestly, I think I may just end up moving to the city near here. Not my ideal, but good enough if it works out. It has an amazing restaurant scene and lots of other stuff going on most of the time.

9. Speak any foreign languages?
No; I did take three semesters of Spanish in high school and one in college, though I did poorly in the latter and haven't retained very much. My dad's side of the family speaks Dutch to varying degrees, and as a child I picked up a few phrases here and there. Did the same just from exposure and reading with various other languages. I mean seriously, warning labels sound SO MUCH BETTER read in animated German!

10. What is the age limit when it comes to dating someone?
I'm 27. Preferably not older than myself, and not too immature. Vague, I know.

11. What do you do when you're nervous?
It depends; if it's about something in the present if there's conflict brewing, ie screaming, shouting, slamming doors, I'll withdraw. If it's something else, pace.

If it's about the future...obsess, try to plan beyond what I can, complain, blame...I have control issues related to how my future turns out that I'm working on.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Also redone, though it's brief because I'm tired and it's my bedtime.

What made you unsure of your type?
I haven never really strongly identified with any of the types, MBTI or enneagram.

1. What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Continued increased social connection and career satisfaction. Continued improved financial success and stability. To continue to learn, experience new things, and experience life. Also, travel. Lots of travel.

2. Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I feel at my finest when I have advice, knowledge, or a perspective to share that others find interesting, new, or exciting.

3. What makes you feel inferior?
Lots of things. Not feeling like I measure up; that what I'm seeking in life isn't commensurate with what I'm offering the world. Also being uninformed or misinformed.

4. Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Mostly Se activities with Si integrated. Birdwatching, craft beer. Lots of great memories of either of those. Also traveling throughout my life.
Kept from last time:
There are annual conferences held in major cities around the country held each year for people with my disability. Shared learning and exploring a big city I've never been to before was always an awesome experience.

Birdwatching is always a great activity, and I've seen numerous amazing sights over the few years I've been involved with this activity.

As far as more routine activities go, I've read some great books that I believe I'll always remember quite fondly. That's one of the wonderful things about books- you never know, the next one you read might be one you'll remember for years afterward, for any number of reasons.

5. When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Kept, because it still rings true and fits who I am now
It depends on what I'm learning. I find that I enjoy professors talking about theories or terms and then giving real-life examples of them. Sometimes having someone recount fascinating personal experience is a great way to learn as well. Some things are best learned hands on, too. It would be impossible to pick just one overall, but my fondest learning experiences, apart from being out in nature, have typically been either in front of someone lecturing well or with my nose in a book. Granted I tend to associate hands-on learning with trades, shop class, and the like, and I have essentially no talent in those areas, so I may or may not be biased. I also have some good memories of social work field work- working alongside someone with a degree, or having them show me how to do something and then doing it- indeed, it is probably the fastest and most effective way to learn, but there wasn't anything exceptional about it.

In sum, I would say that while I have fonder memories of classroom learning, hands-on learning is probably more efficient for me, and these combined make for a draw as far as preference.

6. How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Again, kept
Not very, but I'm sure as shit more organized than my siblings.

7. How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
ALWAYS BOTH facts and context. Take those and see where it fits with the larger picture, mid-level picture, small picture and my own values. Does something fit? Does something else not? Why? Why not? Is there a better way to look at it? Would something simpler or more complex be more accurate?

8. Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
KEPT AGAIN: Think first. Often the thinking isn't followed by speaking, especially if I'm in a sizeable group.

9. 13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Think first, then act. Except if drinking craft beer, on occasion.

10. It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Hit record and have a fun night out. Almost always. Unless it's already been a really long week.

11. How do you act when you're stressed out?
Troubleshoot and or lash out. Of course it's situational. Sometimes if it's not a problem that has no clear solution I get stuck in troubleshooting mode and obsess while blaming others and/ or myself.

12. What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Quickly judging others or not believing facts. If you're disagreeing with proven fact because of 'how you feel' about something, how can you expect to be useful to the rest of humanity? Stop dragging the rest of us down already, stop voting, stop debating, stop arguing, and maybe read a book?

Even more relevant now.

13. What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
There are certain things that I have a harder time picking up on than others (body language, conversational cues), but as far as what I pay attention to, I don't think there's anything I really neglect disproportionately. I do admit I'm not the most detail/ process oriented person sometimes.

14. How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I'm either neurotic, anxious, and angry, or really calm, mellow, and sociable. Mostly the latter. If I'm angry I can get to the former very quickly.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
You just don't give off a very anxious or neurotic vibe.

I internalize anxiety like you wouldn't believe. I'm getting better at this though. I can tell simply from reading through my old posts.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I internalize anxiety like you wouldn't believe. I'm getting better at this though. I can tell simply from reading through my old posts.
Ok -- then 6 may make more sense. You vibe more strongly sp than you do any particular type. But I have no reason to argue with 631.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ok -- then 6 may make more sense. You vibe more strongly sp than you do any particular type. But I have no reason to argue with 631.

Yeah, it's just that I've been looking into enneagram again lately, and aside from the core desires and fears, not much about 6 makes any sense in the description. I took two tests yesterday, one I scored as a 3 and the other I scored strongly as 5 with so variant. Oddly enough, both descriptions fit just as much as the 6. I suspect some (most of?) of this confusion stems from being in a much more mentally healthy place now than when I started this thread and the resultant questioning and self-analysis.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probably a 6w5. I see the level of skepticism held with rather outlandish thought.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah, it's just that I've been looking into enneagram again lately, and aside from the core desires and fears, not much about 6 makes any sense in the description. I took two tests yesterday, one I scored as a 3 and the other I scored strongly a s 5 with so variant. Oddly enough, both descriptions fit just as much as the 6. I suspect some (most of?) of this confusion stems from being in a much more mentally healthy place now than when I started this thread and the resultant questioning and self-analysis.
Also, I think much of the suspected so dom / 3 fix may be due to upbringing/ environmental factors. To be honest, I don't really give a damn about success or achievement for its own sake. I just like to indulge my superiority complex, have nice shiny things, and have others think highly of me, though the ladd has become increasingly less important.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably a 6w5. I see the level of skepticism held with rather outlandish thought.
Oaky! You're still around!

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hm.. yes. I could see 6w5. Sp first yeah. Maybe 6w5 3w4 1w2? Hm- Im going to think on it a bit more I think but will try to come back with more of an explanation!
That's been my tentative typing.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, it's just that I've been looking into enneagram again lately, and aside from the core desires and fears, not much about 6 makes any sense in the description. I took two tests yesterday, one I scored as a 3 and the other I scored strongly as 5 with so variant. Oddly enough, both descriptions fit just as much as the 6. I suspect some (most of?) of this confusion stems from being in a much more mentally healthy place now than when I started this thread and the resultant questioning and self-analysis.
Three Stacks | The Enneagram ...info from the underground.

Six Stacks | The Enneagram ...info from the underground.

Sixes | The Enneagram ...info from the underground.
Sixes can become image conscious and at such times can resemble Threes, but there is always an element of self-consciousness that attaches to efforts at self-promotion on the part of Sixes. They aren’t as smooth as Threes in this regard or nearly as self-confident. Threes tend to be optimistic about their future prospects; Sixes are prone to self-doubt.

Sixes and Fives can quite readily mistype, especially if the wing is strong and the Six is intellectual. It is typically Sixes who mistype, or are mistyped by others as Five, rather than the reverse. Both types can be drawn to systems of thought, and counterphobia in Sixes can mimic the iconoclasm common in type Five. Sixes, however, tend to relate far better than Fives do to whomever is a part of their social scene, and Sixes, in general, tend to find it easier to find a niche than do the more idiosyncratic Fives. Also, as a general rule, Sixes are more likely to look for and find practical applications to theory than do Fives who are often uninterested in such considerations. Finally, Sixes, unlike Fives, do not habitually detach under pressure.