User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

You just don't give off a very anxious or neurotic vibe. Reserved and cerebral enough that you might also read as 5. Doesn't help that you're also sp-first, and it's so easy to confuse sp and 5. (Or at least, it's easy for me to confuse them.)

I'm gonna go with 6, though. In part because I've never known a 5 to be so perpetually cranky and in part because of this, which I found on Personality Cafe:

Distinguishing between enneagram 5, and 6.
    A lot of 6w5s type as 5s because some of the differences are very subtle, and have to do with their thoughts, rather than any obvious more external clues. 6 is a common type for intp, and every other mbti type for that matter.

Some not easily observable differences in the 5, and 6:

6s are more focused on the external. 5s, internal. 6s are also internal at times but they have more energy focused on the world.

6s thoughts are quicker, more hasty decisions are made, then gone back on sometimes. The mind generates thoughts and ideas quickly, and may stream several possibilities at the same time, as the 6 teeters back and forth between these different ideas. A 5 can more slowly connect the dots, in their stream of thought, carefully, building from a, to b, to c. A 6 will connect a, to b, to c, then recheck a, and b, finding alternatives to each, sort of like quickly shifting alternate puzzle pieces – and this happens very fast.

5s are less anxious than 6s. The 6 wants the answers, the truth, the knowledge, so they can settle an inner anxiety. They want these things quickly.

The 6 profiles flat out suck, and I don’t actually expect any 6 to identify with and accept them. It makes them out to be social sixes (variant flavoring) usually, and it really plays up their anxiety, magnifying it to make it absurd and unrealistic. This is not to say that the 6 doesn’t experience a lot of anxiety. There is an undercurrent of anxiety in a 6 – lots of what-if thinking, and contingency planning (which doesn’t mean that 6s take a boyscout pack of tools with them everywhere, they just have thought through things that could go wrong, so they can be prepared for them).

6s are affected by things in their environment more than 5s. They are more aware of that environment in general in the first place, but an example of being affected would be something like this: a 6 witnesses someone elses misfortune, say an accident for example.. well, that 6 is going to take a note on how to prevent that from happening to -them-. A 5 wouldn’t necessarily feel connected to the incident enough to think that scenario through in a way that applies to them. 6s are also more aware of authority — especially authority they consider to be corrupt. 5s don’t typically give a damn to notice. They don’t feel touched by it. They have a level of detachment that the 6 does not have.

6s can go for stretches of time without really noticing their anxiety. They can think -over- the anxiety in a way, not paying attention to that shaky scared track playing underneath it at all. Counterphobic 6s can even go without noticing their fear, as they just reduce it to a little exciting push, that propels them headfirst into a situation instead of away -from- that situation like a phobic 6.

A 6s gut and img fixes can often be -very- present, sort of through their sixness, also. Many 8 fixed 6s can seem like 8s for example. I often see the primary types (3, 6, 9) as being more transparent panes that the other fixes in the type can show through. My point is that this is another thing that makes it difficult to identify a 6, or identify yourself as a 6.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Ginkgo

6w5-9w8-4w5 sp/sp/sp

You go out of your way to touch bases and fit in with others like a 6 would, even when you're not seeking any other personal depth.

Kinda iffy about the heart fix because it's hardly evident, but I can't see you as a 3 or a 2 very easily...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    6w5-9w8-4w5 sp/sp/sp

Kinda iffy about the heart fix because it's hardly evident, but I can't see you as a 3 or a 2 very easily...
    @ the bolded

Why not 9w1 for gut fix?

I'd be more inclined to see 3 than 4. But then again, the evidence I'm thinking of could also be 6 disintegration to 3.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    @ the bolded

Why not 9w1 for gut fix?

I'd be more inclined to see 3 than 4. But then again, the evidence I'm thinking of could also be 6 disintegration to 3.
    9w8 because he pushes back when his peace is disrupted. He's not really as avoidant as you would think a 9w1 would be.

Why 3?

I see some elitism with him, that could perhaps be interpreted as either 3ish or 4ish, but it reminds me of INTPCentral's proverbial resistance to the mores of society on the basis that people, in general, are stupid. This strikes me as more 4-ish, as the process seems to backpedal away from others rather than meeting them on their own terms.

Finding where disintegration/integration ends and where tritype fixes begin is a chore, ain't it?

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

proverbial resistance to the mores of society on the basis that people, in general, are stupid.
    QFT
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

9w8 because he pushes back when his peace is disrupted. He's not really as avoidant as you would think a 9w1 would be.
    I'd attributed that to 6-ness. But then again, it's so hard to see 1 influence in others. It's sneaky.
    Why 3?
    Because I didn't see 2 or 4. But seriously, it's because of some posts of his I'd read where he compared his own accomplishments with those of others -- weighing his opinion of himself off that. I associate 4 with "I am myself and if people don't appreciate that then it's their problem". But you're the 4 -- I don't "get" 4ness all that much so I defer to you.
    I see some elitism with him, that could perhaps be interpreted as either 3ish or 4ish, but it reminds me of INTPCentral's proverbial resistance to the mores of society on the basis that people, in general, are stupid. This strikes me as more 4-ish, as the process seems to backpedal away from others rather than meeting them on their own terms.
    Hm! Makes sense. (And again, taking your word for it as a 4.)
    Finding where disintegration/integration ends and where tritype fixes begin is a chore, ain't it?
    Yes. Made finding my own tritype a pain in the ass, too.

MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Bumping this thread again a year and a half later. I've been testing as a 3 now, and also identify as ISTJ. Input appreciated. @EJCC @Typh0n @Vasilisa @Beorn @Cimarron @Eilonwy@hive @Jarlaxle @Noll @ReadingRainbows @Evee @five sounds @chickpea @Honor @Wind Up Rex @Oaky
    Last edited by captain curmudgeon; 03-22-2015 at 04:33 PM.

-Roger Waters

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Oh for sure ISTJ.

For Enneagram I'd guess 6w5 63x sp. Could also see 3w4 but you definitely have a 6 fix.

What types do you feel like you integrate/disintegrate to?

MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

What types do you feel like you integrate/disintegrate to?
    I have no idea. Maybe 3, which would make sense as a 6, but I'm not sure. When stressed, I usually either work harder or just give up completely and go into a sort of prolonged malaise-meltdown mode, frequently the former followed by the latter. In either case, it's always accompanied by me criticizing others I feel are less talented, intelligent, or otherwise deserving. (One of my worst traits that I'm really not proud of, is an occasional tendency to corner those close to me, and inquire about why they think they or someone else is more deserving than myself, or why I should be forgiving and overlook someone else's faults if they're in a similar vein as my own. In fact, I've been called out for being mean and bitter a few times, again by those close to me.

OVerall, my thought is that 6 and 3 are the strongest, though I could be wrong and I'm not sure in which order.

Sorry in advance if this is full of run-ons and is confusing at all. Dead tired and heading to bed. I'll check this thread again tomorrow.

-Roger Waters

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Oh for sure ISTJ
    I still find it fascinating that this is pretty well agreed upon but it took the better part of four years on the forum.

-Roger Waters

Johari Nohari