• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stan Smith: The Man, The Myth, The Questionnaire

S

Stansmith

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I'm very out-of-touch with Fi, and possibly even Ne lately.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn for experience, fulfillment, intensity, novelty. Lots of it. I want to live like Picasso or Marc Jacobs. I want to be a fascinating, unique and beautiful man. I want love.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

The last time I felt really good was the first week or so of college. Everything was new, I was free, the world was my oyster (or at least I felt that way).

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Feeling worthless, unloved, unattractive, or directionless

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Mainly how I feel about it. It's all me, me, me.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

If it's something I really care about, then yes, I'd prefer to have control over the outcome. Otherwise, I don't really care.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

School trip to Six Flags. I would get on a roller coasters with 3 of my friends and yell obscene rap lyrics while consciously trying not to sh-t my pants

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

A mix of memorization and theorizing

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Very unorganized.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Look for information that supports it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

The latter.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think briefly before speaking, and I prefer groups of 4-5.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know where I'm jumping first unless it's something really awesome. And actions do speak louder than words, can't say I live up to that though.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Go out with my friend in a heart beat. As much as I try to deny it, I resent every single waking moment I have to spend by myself or with people I don't find interesting.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I go home and watch television or listen to music

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

People who are boring, conventional, or act in a condescending manner towards me.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Anything depending on my mood.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Family, problems that don't directly concern me.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Vain, flighty, strange, awkward, funny.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I've had the whole day to myself for the past 2 months, and I've mainly watched tv, been on the internet, or screenwrote.

S

Stansmith

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm currently depressed.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

View attachment 9949

Very cute, kind of looks like a baby tiger. It looks like it's been kidnapped and kept under someone's wooden floor, except it looks like cloth. Maybe there's a person peaking at the cat through a blanket.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I'll be pissed off, because I might miss the concert. I'd probably contribute an idea or two.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Enthusiasm. I'd go.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I would give him my perspective, but I'd keep the saltiness to myself. I don't get into heated arguments.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

If it's really bad I would feel an urge to leave, otherwise I'd just accept that other people have different values and disassociate from the situation.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I don't like sadism or cowardice because I used to get bullied often, and I feel like both of those traits are the worst a human being could possibly have. I don't see it changing anytime soon.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I'm eccentric, effeminate and bougie

b)I would be a naturally considerate, selfless person. I feel like those are traits everyone likes, whereas eccentricity only appeals to some.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

If they're overwhelming, I succumb to them. They're usually triggered when I'm doing something that I know is against my values.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a)activities where I can be creative or express myself, such as acting or writing.

b) Being in a boring social situation, being in the same place for a long time or doing chores. I need stimulation.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I repress my emotions mainly, they make me feel sappy and corny.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Even before I got to the end of your first post I thought you were a 6w7, but with a chance of 7w6.

And ESFP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you mean? :huh:

I'm not sure where the test questions come from, but it seems like there were a few more questions to it? Maybe I'm thinking of a questionnaire from PerC.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Maybe you ARE an ExFP.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are DEFINITELY some variation of 1-3-6. I see all three of those very strongly in the questionnaire. Can't tell 631 or 613 -- but I'm thinking your wing is 7 and not 5.

Definitely Fi>Fe and definitely ExxP so I'm voting ExFP, like the rest of the contributors so far.

Also I am a huge fan of both this questionnaire and the name of the thread. \m/

S

Stansmith

You are DEFINITELY some variation of 1-3-6. I see all three of those very strongly in the questionnaire. Can't tell 631 or 613 -- but I'm thinking your wing is 7 and not 5.

Definitely Fi>Fe and definitely ExxP so I'm voting ExFP, like the rest of the contributors so far.

Also I am a huge fan of both this questionnaire and the name of the thread. \m/

I can't really tell whether the 3-connection is due to disintegration or a fix. I was more 4-ish and self-indulgent in middle school and early highschool.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can't really tell whether the 3-connection is due to disintegration or a fix. I was more 4-ish in middle school and early highschool.
I wouldn't rule out 4w3; I have some healthy 4-ish qualities that are separate from my 4 disintegration, and your 3-ish statements don't seem unhealthy to me.

Example:
"b)I would be a naturally considerate, selfless person. I feel like those are traits everyone likes, whereas eccentricity only appeals to some."

I don't know if that thought pattern makes sense for a 4 fix?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Example:
"b)I would be a naturally considerate, selfless person. I feel like those are traits everyone likes, whereas eccentricity only appeals to some."

I don't know if that thought pattern makes sense for a 4 fix?
I see that as just pragmatism with a discouraged flavor, possibly more connected to Se than to any fix. Wanting something just because it works.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see that as just pragmatism with a discouraged flavor, possibly more connected to Se than to any fix. Wanting something just because it works.
I dunno -- choosing a trait based on what other people will like? As opposed to what you would like and/or what would serve you best*?

I guess if you, with the 4w3 fix, see it as pragmatic, as opposed to sacrificing your uniqueness to the will of others, then I trust you. :/

*because what would serve you best might not necessarily be what other people would like most

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno -- choosing a trait based on what other people will like? As opposed to what you would like and/or what would serve you best*?

I guess if you, with the 4w3 fix, see it as pragmatic, as opposed to sacrificing your uniqueness to the will of others, then I trust you. :/

*because what would serve you best might not necessarily be what other people would like most
I meant that it sounded like he thought it pragmatic, whether or not it actually is: the unbalanced notion that appealing to the object would serve one best. The hinge word was "discouraged": like someone who very reluctantly conceded their uniqueness either after years of being openly eccentric and being run down by difficult returns, or through being overpoweringly aware of their impact on the environment around them to begin with. Now that I write out the full idea, I don't actually know what type or function would turn about on themselves like that, so points to you for catching me speaking before thinking (probably speaking from that image fix of mine, 4 or 3!).

Anywho, now I'm thinking...

The type I'm looking for here would be a type that sees the exchange of objective resources, especially how what they do affects their relationship with the object (material resources, social status, score, skill level, qualifications, etc), in hyper-definition. Like a plasma-screen TV that hurts your eyes because the lines and colors exceed reality in sharpness. Comparable to how a type four is aware of their self-image to the same excess. This type is probably 3, and yeah, Se might boost the effect a little.

Where those two types cross, though, at 4w3 and 3w4, now these people get the oversaturation in both worlds. They struggle with the balance of biases because they know with painful precision what is being conceded where every time the subject-object scale tips back or forth. I think both of them would talk about appealing to others for perceived gain at some point in their lives, but distinguishing which type is a question of whether that point in their life is an average point (3w4) or a rarer and more frayed point (4w3). Both the inner and outer worlds sting your corneas, but if the glare of just one of them finally forced you to close your eyes (the break from essence that makes a type in the first place), which one would it be?

Stansmith, you can take the above NiFi pondering, but you can also leave it if its reading into your narrative makes you uncomfortable. Of all topics, the 3-4 grey area is the one where my perspective is the most enmeshed, for better or worse.

S

Stansmith

I meant that it sounded like he thought it pragmatic, whether or not it actually is: the unbalanced notion that appealing to the object would serve one best. The hinge word was "discouraged": like someone who very reluctantly conceded their uniqueness either after years of being openly eccentric and being run down by difficult returns, or through being overpoweringly aware of their impact on the environment around them to begin with. Now that I write out the full idea, I don't actually know what type or function would turn about on themselves like that, so points to you for catching me speaking before thinking (probably speaking from that image fix of mine, 4 or 3!).

Anywho, now I'm thinking...

The type I'm looking for here would be a type that sees the exchange of objective resources, especially how what they do affects their relationship with the object (material resources, social status, score, skill level, qualifications, etc), in hyper-definition. Like a plasma-screen TV that hurts your eyes because the lines and colors exceed reality in sharpness. Comparable to how a type four is aware of their self-image to the same excess. This type is probably 3, and yeah, Se might boost the effect a little.

Where those two types cross, though, at 4w3 and 3w4, now these people get the oversaturation in both worlds. They struggle with the balance of biases because they know with painful precision what is being conceded where every time the subject-object scale tips back or forth. I think both of them would talk about appealing to others for perceived gain at some point in their lives, but distinguishing which type is a question of whether that point in their life is an average point (3w4) or a rarer and more frayed point (4w3). Both the inner and outer worlds sting your corneas, but if the glare of just one of them finally forced you to close your eyes (the break from essence that makes a type in the first place), which one would it be?

Stansmith, you can take the above NiFi pondering, but you can also leave it if its reading into your narrative makes you uncomfortable. Of all topics, the 3-4 grey area is the one where my perspective is the most enmeshed, for better or worse.

I'd say most of the time I try to tailor my image into something directly appealing. But it's not like I'm trying to seem like an average mashed potatoes and gravy guy, I wanna seem special/different, yet appealing at the same time. It's when I realize people don't like my special-ness that I start talking about mashed potatoes and gravy, at which point I eventually get bored, plastic and feel like I'll never have intimacy/love and hide from the world.

So my main issue is that when I'm myself, the people I want don't like me (and neither do I), and when I'm not myself, I can't have intimacy.