User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I can't really tell whether the 3-connection is due to disintegration or a fix. I was more 4-ish in middle school and early highschool.
    I wouldn't rule out 4w3; I have some healthy 4-ish qualities that are separate from my 4 disintegration, and your 3-ish statements don't seem unhealthy to me.

Example:
    "b)I would be a naturally considerate, selfless person. I feel like those are traits everyone likes, whereas eccentricity only appeals to some."

I don't know if that thought pattern makes sense for a 4 fix?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Example:
    "b)I would be a naturally considerate, selfless person. I feel like those are traits everyone likes, whereas eccentricity only appeals to some."

I don't know if that thought pattern makes sense for a 4 fix?
    I see that as just pragmatism with a discouraged flavor, possibly more connected to Se than to any fix. Wanting something just because it works.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I see that as just pragmatism with a discouraged flavor, possibly more connected to Se than to any fix. Wanting something just because it works.
    I dunno -- choosing a trait based on what other people will like? As opposed to what you would like and/or what would serve you best*?

I guess if you, with the 4w3 fix, see it as pragmatic, as opposed to sacrificing your uniqueness to the will of others, then I trust you. :/

*because what would serve you best might not necessarily be what other people would like most
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Stansmith

Where are you guys seeing Se?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I dunno -- choosing a trait based on what other people will like? As opposed to what you would like and/or what would serve you best*?

I guess if you, with the 4w3 fix, see it as pragmatic, as opposed to sacrificing your uniqueness to the will of others, then I trust you. :/

*because what would serve you best might not necessarily be what other people would like most
    I meant that it sounded like he thought it pragmatic, whether or not it actually is: the unbalanced notion that appealing to the object would serve one best. The hinge word was "discouraged": like someone who very reluctantly conceded their uniqueness either after years of being openly eccentric and being run down by difficult returns, or through being overpoweringly aware of their impact on the environment around them to begin with. Now that I write out the full idea, I don't actually know what type or function would turn about on themselves like that, so points to you for catching me speaking before thinking (probably speaking from that image fix of mine, 4 or 3!).

Anywho, now I'm thinking...

The type I'm looking for here would be a type that sees the exchange of objective resources, especially how what they do affects their relationship with the object (material resources, social status, score, skill level, qualifications, etc), in hyper-definition. Like a plasma-screen TV that hurts your eyes because the lines and colors exceed reality in sharpness. Comparable to how a type four is aware of their self-image to the same excess. This type is probably 3, and yeah, Se might boost the effect a little.

Where those two types cross, though, at 4w3 and 3w4, now these people get the oversaturation in both worlds. They struggle with the balance of biases because they know with painful precision what is being conceded where every time the subject-object scale tips back or forth. I think both of them would talk about appealing to others for perceived gain at some point in their lives, but distinguishing which type is a question of whether that point in their life is an average point (3w4) or a rarer and more frayed point (4w3). Both the inner and outer worlds sting your corneas, but if the glare of just one of them finally forced you to close your eyes (the break from essence that makes a type in the first place), which one would it be?

Stansmith, you can take the above NiFi pondering, but you can also leave it if its reading into your narrative makes you uncomfortable. Of all topics, the 3-4 grey area is the one where my perspective is the most enmeshed, for better or worse.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I meant that it sounded like he thought it pragmatic, whether or not it actually is: the unbalanced notion that appealing to the object would serve one best. The hinge word was "discouraged": like someone who very reluctantly conceded their uniqueness either after years of being openly eccentric and being run down by difficult returns, or through being overpoweringly aware of their impact on the environment around them to begin with. Now that I write out the full idea, I don't actually know what type or function would turn about on themselves like that, so points to you for catching me speaking before thinking (probably speaking from that image fix of mine, 4 or 3!).

Anywho, now I'm thinking...

The type I'm looking for here would be a type that sees the exchange of objective resources, especially how what they do affects their relationship with the object (material resources, social status, score, skill level, qualifications, etc), in hyper-definition. Like a plasma-screen TV that hurts your eyes because the lines and colors exceed reality in sharpness. Comparable to how a type four is aware of their self-image to the same excess. This type is probably 3, and yeah, Se might boost the effect a little.

Where those two types cross, though, at 4w3 and 3w4, now these people get the oversaturation in both worlds. They struggle with the balance of biases because they know with painful precision what is being conceded where every time the subject-object scale tips back or forth. I think both of them would talk about appealing to others for perceived gain at some point in their lives, but distinguishing which type is a question of whether that point in their life is an average point (3w4) or a rarer and more frayed point (4w3). Both the inner and outer worlds sting your corneas, but if the glare of just one of them finally forced you to close your eyes (the break from essence that makes a type in the first place), which one would it be?

Stansmith, you can take the above NiFi pondering, but you can also leave it if its reading into your narrative makes you uncomfortable. Of all topics, the 3-4 grey area is the one where my perspective is the most enmeshed, for better or worse.
    I'd say most of the time I try to tailor my image into something directly appealing. But it's not like I'm trying to seem like an average mashed potatoes and gravy guy, I wanna seem special/different, yet appealing at the same time. It's when I realize people don't like my special-ness that I start talking about mashed potatoes and gravy, at which point I eventually get bored, plastic and feel like I'll never have intimacy/love and hide from the world.

So my main issue is that when I'm myself, the people I want don't like me (and neither do I), and when I'm not myself, I can't have intimacy.