User Tag List

Stansmith

Default My Gut-Fix: 9 or 1?

The gut is a very diluted aspect of my personality, so I have a hard time deciding whether I'm more 1-ish or 9-ish. My Gut-fix is either 9w1 or 1w9.

My 1 traits

-I'm outspoken in class and give my opinion frequently. I pretty much feel obligated to express my views

-Im judgemental of people who lack class or tact, although I wouldn't express it directly. I might talk complain about classless people in general, but never a specific person who's in my presence unless they insult me first.

-I'm very hard on myself and tend to desire a sense of discipline or direction in my day-to-day life

-I have strong, almost excessive views when it comes to sadists and I'm not afraid to express it

-Self-improvement is very important to me

My 9 traits

-Im not good at assertively telling people they're fucking up or doing something wrong. I tend to just let things be

-I'm lazy

-My instinct is to move on when I sense conflict or a sh-t storm brewing because of something I said during a discussion. If someone attacks my opinion in a somewhat hostile manner, I either just chuckle and leave it alone, or I respond with a cooperative/persuasive tone. Something like "I see what you're saying, but..", I never match their level of hostility. I generally feel like some people take discussion and banter way too seriously. Or maybe I'm just a douchebag.

-If people are being sh-tty or doing something that violates my principles, I'll just leave or ignore it. It sucks to see bad sh-t happen, but I don't feel like it's my responsibility to do something about it. I don't like expending energy where I don't need to.

-I can't see myself ever voting for an election. I have a very "bleh" attitude to things that don't directly affect me. Even if they do affect me, I always assume I'll be able to adjust when the time comes.

Well shoot, I think I sound Nine as hell now that I read through this. You tell me.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post

My 1 traits

-I'm outspoken in class and give my opinion frequently. I pretty much feel obligated to express my views

-Im judgemental of people who lack class or tact, although I wouldn't express it directly. I might talk complain about classless people in general, but never a specific person who's in my presence unless they insult me first.

-I'm very hard on myself and tend to desire a sense of discipline or direction in my day-to-day life

-I have strong, almost excessive views when it comes to sadists and I'm not afraid to express it

-Self-improvement is very important to me
    I believe I'm a 9 (actually reading a lot about enneagram types at the moment), and I relate very strongly to all of these statements besides the second. Maybe you're still a 9 and those parts of you are due to something else?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I can't really tell based on the above. What you mention for 9 could indicate a 9-fix, or it could indicate your 9-connection.

1-fixers tend to have an undertone of something being "wrong" with the world and needing to fix it. Their minds go towards the "imperfections" and flaws, for which they seek redress. 9-fixers tend to have more of an "It's all good" attitude and are a bit better at rolling the world's problems off their backs.

Tell me, though, what's your stance on justice and morality?