• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help me figure out my type? (Questionnaire inside)

What do you think my type is?

• INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTJ

• INFP

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Something else

• Total voters

Andromeda

MBTI Type
INTJ
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I've been reading and learning about MBTI for almost a year, and for most of that time I thought I was an INTP, but after learning more about the cognitive functions I don't think I'm Ti-dominant. More often than not, I find it boring to learn all the little details about something (even something I'm interested in) and make sure it all fits together logically, which is my understanding of Ti. The only other types that really make sense to me are INTJ and INFP, as different as they are. I think I am probably either Ni- or Fi-dom and I identify with a lot of aspects of both types, but I'm not sure which is the better fit. INFJ doesn't seem likely to me because my Fe is very low (I think).

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
At this point in my life (I am 20) I would say that I want to find a sense of purpose, something that will make me feel satisfied with the way I'm spending my time. I feel best and most alive when I am doing creative work of any kind and I guess I want to get that creativity out into the world. I want to have a lot of adventures, see different places, meet interesting people and make a lot of good memories. Also, I think I'd feel more at ease with myself and the world if I had a stronger spiritual base, although I'm not into organized religion.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I love the moment when I'm working on something - be it a math problem, short story, logic puzzle, whatever - and everything just clicks, like I see how the component pieces fit together into a coherent whole. I also like finishing a project and being really happy with it, regardless of whether other people like it or not.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
People who are really outgoing, charming and charismatic, especially if I'm interacting with them one-on-one. *cough*ENFJs*cough*

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I try to keep a good balance between logic and feelings when making decisions, and I often make pro-con lists. If it has to come down to a single factor, though, I will almost always trust my gut instinct over everything else. It doesn't usually steer me wrong. Something may seem like the logically correct thing to do but if my instinct says no, I'm not going to do it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Not sure quite what this question is asking but yes, I like to have control over the outcome of a project. I prefer working alone to working with other people. "Emphasis" would depend on the project. For most things, I plan a bit until I have a general idea of what I'm going to do, then jump in and figure out the rest of the details as I go.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Out with a few friends, no set agenda, just goofing off and enjoying each other's company and talking about things. Best when it happens at night. Pretty much my favorite thing ever.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I usually want to jump in and be hands-on right away. For instance, I learn new math concepts best by working through problems; if I get stuck then maybe I'll read the lesson. (I don't necessarily recommend this to others, though. :p)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Eh. Depends. Last year my chemistry professor told me I was the most organized student he'd ever had, because I'm meticulous about laying out every step of a problem and making my thought process clear. My room and desk can be anywhere from very tidy to moderately messy. I don't like it when my surroundings are in complete disarray but I'm not neurotically neat either.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I look at the principles behind the idea.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Most of the time I'm pretty oblivious to how other people are getting along in a group or managing amongst themselves, although if I notice someone who is obviously lonely or having a hard time I'll try to reach out to them even though it doesn't come naturally to me. (I've been there enough...) I focus more on what's going on internally. ALTHOUGH, I do tend to pick up on the atmosphere and personalities surrounding me and imitate it like a chameleon. I've been doing this since I was a little kid, I guess in an attempt to act "right" or feel less out of place in situations where I felt awkward or uncomfortable, and now it's second nature. It bothers me though because it makes me feel like I'm just a mirror without a personality or identity of my own, and I'm trying not to do it so much anymore.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Think before speaking. I prefer group discussions because it's easier to fade into the background and just listen.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Depends on the situation. I usually like to have a vague idea of what's going on before jumping, but too much planning can suck all the fun out of something.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friend calls you for a night out. What will you do?
Unless I've had an awful day or am depressed out of my head for some reason, I'll go out without thinking twice about it.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I fall apart. I get overwhelmed, stop making any progress on what I should be working on, and do any other random thing that comes into my mind instead. Sometimes I space out and waste too much time on the Internet. Sometimes I start staying up all night in an attempt to avoid the next day longer. It is not pleasant.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I (briefly) had a roommate who I could tell didn't like me but who was fake-nice and sweet all the time. I couldn't stand her. I don't like people who are very judgmental of others, closed-off to new experiences or ideas, or who are patronizing or condescending (*cough*ENFJs*cough*). It also bugs me a lot when people make assumptions about me or take something I say and twist it to fit their preconceived ideas about me.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Conversations in general make me nervous because of the constant pressure to come up with something to say next, haha. But I like talking about big ideas, abstract things. Philosophy is good, theories about existence or the nature of reality are good. I can't make small talk worth a damn and I usually don't even try. Talking about ideas for creative projects is fun sometimes. I like it when people spring something new and interesting on me, too. One time an outgoing guy I didn't know came up to me and I thought "oh, great, now I've got to be sociable" but he started telling me about/singing old Appalachian folk songs with the goofiest lyrics and it was so random and cool that I really liked talking to him.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Sometimes I'm utterly oblivious to what's going on in the physical world around me... I space out and go inside my head too easily. I need to go outside more. I need to make more of an effort to not avoid people.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What would your friends never say about your personality?
I don't know how other people perceive me. I guess they probably see me as very reserved. Some of them (??) seem to think I'm smart. As far as I know, no one would say I'm a conversation hog or an attention seeker.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're somewhere between INTJ and INFP. You stated that thinking and feeling bear equal weight in making a decision but that you go with your gut-instincts in the long run. Your intuition along with strong introversion are the most apparent aspects of your self-description. But as an INTP I can identify with "Sometimes I start staying up all night in an attempt to avoid the next day longer," especially when I was younger. This is simply procrastination, which is a Perceiving trait. Your Enneagram type is 5, in case you wondered. Fives, although very much turned inward, love to go out on the spur of the moment (a 7 trait).

"I prefer group discussions because it's easier to fade into the background and just listen." This can describe the INTP or INFP.

"I focus more on what's going on internally. ALTHOUGH, I do tend to pick up on the atmosphere and personalities surrounding me and imitate it like a chameleon." This is much more INFP than INTP. A friend of mine was always like that. He used to engage in whatever conversation the group was discussing. And with me personally, he would feign an interest in the things that interested me. This seems like a 5w6 trait.