• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's settle this here and now!

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=17945]Webslinger[/MENTION] Also, I just skimmed through some of your threads and you definitely seem to have Ni Fi going on.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=17945]Webslinger[/MENTION] Also, I just skimmed through some of your threads and you definitely seem to have Ni Fi going on.
Well, there is that, too.

Wait, do you mean dominant Ni? Just because it wouldn't be the first time, but it would take a big stretch for any INTJ to behave like me.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, there is that, too.

Wait, do you mean dominant Ni? Just because it wouldn't be the first time, but it would take a big stretch for any INTJ to behave like me.

Hmm. Well not neccesarily Ni dom, but you def. use it.

You also use Fi too though...I'm not sure which one is more dominant, I'm gonna go with Fi though.

I would stick with ISFP for now.

It's probably just cause I don't know you that well.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes. ISFP is definitely correct.

And I've got the enneagram type pinned down, finally, after a day of letting it percolate. 6w7 4w3 9w1, although the six on its own covers all the nineish and especially fourish bases (and a couple of oneish with Fi strongly in the mix...) once loooked at in depth. A Fi-dominant ISFP, artistic, phobic six completes a puzzle with no more weird gaps.

Thanks, everyone!

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi there. Took a look at your questionnaire, and I mostly picked up on 4, 9, and 6. I guess you've established that by now. Also, I've generally seen ISFP listed as most common for 9, followed by 4. Take that into account.

[MENTION=18445]thoughtlost[/MENTION]

It's cool. Your thoughts fit right in.

Anyway, "offensive" as in four descriptions get me feeling called out. Like I really, really hope they're not true, but the defensive twang they trigger inside may just indicate that they are. A lot of the material actually echoes advice and criticisms I've recieved from other people, so I hear those voices again in the descriptions of type fours and want to resist.
This here is a pretty good indication you've found your type. It took me like a decade to realize I was a 4 because of this phenomenon--it's like everything everyone's ever hated about me, combined with a bunch of ways I genuinely don't want to be. Worth looking into.

If you're comfortable talking about it, it will help to list some of the major themes and issues you've dealt with in your life and give a little information on each. That's so much more helpful than hashing out how you relate to the enneagram themes in that questionnaire, which is prone to bias according to your upbringing and current state of mind. But, don't reveal all if you're not comfortable with it. ;)

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you're comfortable talking about it, it will help to list some of the major themes and issues you've dealt with in your life and give a little information on each. That's so much more helpful than hashing out how you relate to the enneagram themes in that questionnaire, which is prone to bias according to your upbringing and current state of mind. But, don't reveal all if you're not comfortable with it. ;)
I banged it out, but haven't yet posted, because, as you warn, it is a little much. Compromise: Would you take the exercise by PM in the chance that I choose not to put it out there?

But even if no one saw it, lots of understanding was had independently, and I have a new hunch or two. Maybe relying more on my own interpretations is a better idea than I thought, lol!

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm also Fi-dominant and trying to decide between 4 and 6, so I'm interested in your hunches if they relate to those two. I know what you mean about seeing 4 descriptions as offensive — and maybe Sanjuro's right. I used to hate the idea of being an image type, but I'm beginning to think that I've misunderstood what that means, especially in regard to 4s.

So unless these new (and actually positive!) thoughts about 4s are wrong, I could definitely see 4w3 for you. :)

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I banged it out, but haven't yet posted, because, as you warn, it is a little much. Compromise: Would you take the exercise by PM in the chance that I choose not to put it out there?

But even if no one saw it, lots of understanding was had independently, and I have a new hunch or two. Maybe relying more on my own interpretations is a better idea than I thought, lol!
Hey, if you're not totally comfortable sharing, by all means keep it private. I am happy to look it over by PM if you'd like me to, and give you my assessment of your thoughts.

And yes, sometimes it just brings you to your own realizations without sharing at all. That's why I suggested it actually--I typed as 6 once upon a time, since I have a number of apparent inconsistencies with 4 (and because that's what my questionnaire apparently revealed to literally everyone). Yet, when I typed out all my lifelong issues, it was BLATANTLY apparent I centered around 4 and 5 with 3 motivations also appearing, and the occasional 8ish-ness.

I retyped right away.

So anyway, yeah, share whatever you're comfortable with.