User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type am I?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISFP

    0 0%
  • ESFP

    5 62.50%
  • ENFP

    2 25.00%
  • Other

    1 12.50%
First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 55

  1. #11
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    I dont think you can be an ENFP. I sensed the Fi, but in the ENFP list you didnt nail Ne not once...it was all light-hearted stereotypes that i'd say don't really identify the type...

    whatevs. you seem quite logical and i'd peg you for a thinker, if i didn't know better (Fi) :P you also seem like an extravert, and i don't know how an ISFP can also be an enneagram type 8, doesn't really make sense in my head, and you seem very much hands-on-approach.

    that leaves me with ESFP. i'm not an expert on ESFPs, but i thought they'd be more light-hearted than what i'm sensing from your writing. but i also don't think you're an ESTP. so by exclusion, i'm going to go with ESFP.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Dancing_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    I dont think you can be an ENFP. I sensed the Fi, but in the ENFP list you didnt nail Ne not once...it was all light-hearted stereotypes that i'd say don't really identify the type...

    whatevs. you seem quite logical and i'd peg you for a thinker, if i didn't know better (Fi) :P you also seem like an extravert, and i don't know how an ISFP can also be an enneagram type 8, doesn't really make sense in my head, and you seem very much hands-on-approach.

    that leaves me with ESFP. i'm not an expert on ESFPs, but i thought they'd be more light-hearted than what i'm sensing from your writing. but i also don't think you're an ESTP. so by exclusion, i'm going to go with ESFP.
    Yeah, I was really surprised when I got ISFP. Doesn't make sense to me as well but I thought I'd ought to include all possibilities

    Oh and about the ENFP stereotypes, I only included info I got from posts made by each type, so they come from ENFP themselves. I should mention I had to exclude all the "Look, something shinny! " ones, which took a loong time.

    Yeah, the lack of "light heartness" and bubbliness it's what always makes me doubt ESFP. I do think exclusion it's probably the only way to type me

  3. #13
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Queen View Post

    Oh and about the ENFP stereotypes, I only included info I got from posts made by each type, so they come from ENFP themselves. I should mention I had to exclude all the "Look, something shinny! " ones, which took a loong time.
    No, what I mean is that from what you wrote (not what you selected) I don't think you understand what Ne is, deep down....you don't recognize it automatically. So I'm pretty sure you don't have it in you, or at least it's not your main function. This excludes ENFP for you

    Fi, Te and Se are quite clear in you (I paid more attention to your writing and communication style than your selections, even though I did read them ). This cognitive process combination can only mean one type-> ESFP.

    If you were an ISFP, Te would have to be your last function. I identify as a 3rd function Te user and I can see that your use is similar to mine (and very diff from my gf's, for example, who's a 4th function Te user like a ISFP would be, and who basically sucks at it ).

    PS: when you say you always thought of yourself as an introvert, what do you mean? What is your definition of introvert? Because for MBTI it simply means that your dominant function is directed inwards, towards your own little world (and this, as you know, could be Fi, Ti, Si, or Ni). Is that how you feel? Because, for instance, I can be introspective, but I have no doubt that my dominant function is directed outwards.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Dancing_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    No, what I mean is that from what you wrote (not what you selected) I don't think you understand what Ne is, deep down....you don't recognize it automatically. So I'm pretty sure you don't have it in you, or at least it's not your main function. This excludes ENFP for you

    Fi, Te and Se are quite clear in you (I paid more attention to your writing and communication style than your selections, even though I did read them ). This cognitive process combination can only mean one type-> ESFP.

    If you were an ISFP, Te would have to be your last function. I identify as a 3rd function Te user and I can see that your use is similar to mine (and very diff from my gf's, for example, who's a 4th function Te user like a ISFP would be, and who basically sucks at it ).

    PS: when you say you always thought of yourself as an introvert, what do you mean? What is your definition of introvert? Because for MBTI it simply means that your dominant function is directed inwards, towards your own little world (and this, as you know, could be Fi, Ti, Si, or Ni). Is that how you feel? Because, for instance, I can be introspective, but I have no doubt that my dominant function is directed outwards.
    You know for all I've read about Ne maybe I don't really get it. I thought it was about understanding the underlying essence (permanent traits) of humans and things, estimating the potential of people and things, and foreseeing possible outcomes. And also being responsible for feelings of interest and boredom? But it is said "speculates why things happen, but sees specific events as static and unchangeable". I do all the rest frequently and would say I'm pretty good at it, but the key is I see very little as unchangeable; if anything at all, except for people who start off bad. I have little faith someone I sense as bad can really change themselves, and not just behaviour for convenience.

    As I said before, ISFP was an one time thing, it just proves online tests are bogus. But nice seeing you point out ISFPs problems with Te, that is my struggle with my mom, who is a textbook one

  5. #15
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Queen View Post
    You know for all I've read about Ne maybe I don't really get it. I thought it was about understanding the underlying essence (permanent traits) of humans and things, estimating the potential of people and things, and foreseeing possible outcomes. And also being responsible for feelings of interest and boredom? But it is said "speculates why things happen, but sees specific events as static and unchangeable". I do all the rest frequently and would say I'm pretty good at it, but the key is I see very little as unchangeable; if anything at all, except for people who start off bad. I have little faith someone I sense as bad can really change themselves, and not just behaviour for convenience.

    As I said before, ISFP was an one time thing, it just proves online tests are bogus. But nice seeing you point out ISFPs problems with Te, that is my struggle with my mom, who is a textbook one
    Ne is like a wikipedia page. you read about one thing, it's connected with something else which leads you to another page, you go back to finish reading previous page...everything is connected, so you see things in patterns and you are able to have an abstract picture of the world like that, sort of a puzzle.

    There's no meaning to Ne. It doesn't estimate future outcomes or the potential of things. It's just a software for your brain.

    For me, it's a library of information. Like, imagine your itunes library: i've got it all in my head, unconsciously, and if i hear an element of a library i connect it with something else and something else, and it all forms part of a big puzzle.

    It may become interesting when you apply those patterns to understanding how something, apparently isolated, works. But this comes automatically from you having those patterns before, and that is Ne. If you have a pattern, a net, then you can predict how an isolated event will fit into that net.

    PS: my question about your introversion is not related to ISFP in particular, i mean being an introvert in general. it was you who said " I always thought of myself as an introverted". i'm trying to discard other possible introverted types for you.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Dancing_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    You're right they are different. However, look at this thread though and you'll see there is a correlation.



    The reason I suggested that is that I personally took numerous tests which always came back as 8. I wasn't very familiar with all the Enneagram types at the time and took it at face value. Some people on the forum questioned the 8 typing. As a result, I got professionally tested. I came out as a 6 heavy on the counterphobic side. It is a common mistyping. If you were to be an ISFP, 8 would be extremely unlikely but 6 is relatively common. However, for an ISFP, those 6s are going to be mostly phobic types and not counterphobic. I don't think anyone is purely phobic or counterphobic. There is more of a spectrum where you have a tendency towards one side or the other.
    Ok,I'm back after researching.

    "Structures, beliefs, allies, and authorities to put their anxiety to rest.

    Our system of education teaches us to put our faith in something else —a corporation, a marriage, a trade, a profession, a religion, politics, something, one might almost say anything, which offers us a set of rules we can obey and rewards us for obedience to them. It's safer to be a domestic animal than a wild one. (Michael Korda, Power, 254.)

    For Sixes, security comes from a rock-of-ages allegiance and an investment of themselves in something outside themselves which they believe will give them stability and safety. Sixes want to feel protected and secure by having something bigger and more powerful than they guiding them. IBM will do, but so will the Communist party, or the Republican party or the church. The doctrines Sixes believe are important to them, but not as important as having someone to trust and believe in.

    They are the most out of touch with the ability to make decisions and act on their own without reference to a trusted person, an institution, or a belief system. While they seek the approval of those who are important to them, they resist being in a position of inferiority. Sixes make their internal stability dependent on the stability of their external environment: in other words, as long as everything in their lives is running reasonably well, they feel secure and able to cope with things.
    ."

    This makes my skin crawl. I could never put my whole faith in anything outside myself. I am capable of trusting people however difficult it is, but I'd never EVER believe in any institution. I don't trust any political movements, let alone the Church. Religion is the source of most evils to me. This obviously isn't the place to discuss that and I don't wanna offend anyone, but I've said from a very early age I'd refuse to live my life by a book and feel guilty for doing what I did and desiring the things I did. My belief system is self made and is very new, I didn't use to have faith at all.

    I'm really not traditional at all and I think they confine me. My biggest issue in life is my difficulty (or rather refusal) to fit in and just do my job without asking questions and making demands. I was unemployed for a long time because I'm not capable of doing things I don't enjoy for hours and work 9 to 5 not seeing joy or meaning in it. It did leave me in the air, with no financial security at all.


    And approval never motivated me or really mattered, I just want people to not interfere or offer not asked for opinions and judgements. And I'm actually at my best in emergency situations where I have to think on my feet and take charge of people. I immediately feel safe and confident when things depend mostly on me.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Dancing_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    Ne is like a wikipedia page. you read about one thing, it's connected with something else which leads you to another page, you go back to finish reading previous page...everything is connected, so you see things in patterns and you are able to have an abstract picture of the world like that, sort of a puzzle.

    There's no meaning to Ne. It doesn't estimate future outcomes or the potential of things. It's just a software for your brain.

    For me, it's a library of information. Like, imagine your itunes library: i've got it all in my head, unconsciously, and if i hear an element of a library i connect it with something else and something else, and it all forms part of a big puzzle.

    It may become interesting when you apply those patterns to understanding how something, apparently isolated, works. But this comes automatically from you having those patterns before, and that is Ne. If you have a pattern, a net, then you can predict how an isolated event will fit into that net.
    That's very interesting. Is it a conscious thing, or it triggers itself? I definitely have this "see patterns and connections" thing, but I can't explain it to people. Every time I try to they reaction is... Maybe it is because the connections and similarities I see are very rarely close to the surface and I usually remember what no one else does. My memory is always commented on. I've learned to never talk to anyone about my theories on things because I'm pretty sure some already think I'm crazy. And when it comes to my concept of people, I can come across as judgy.

    What others don't understand is that, just because I know why people do things as they do and their sometimes sketchy motivations and can point it out, it doesn't mean I don't like them or that I'm criticizing them. Of course I don't think I'm always right, but the fact their minds never went there puzzles me.

    Could you expand on this "no meaning" thing? I'm quickly realizing this searching process is probably more fulfilling and fun than the answer itself

    Oh and about having an iTunes in your head, I'll expand on that later.

  8. #18
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Queen View Post
    That's very interesting. Is it a conscious thing, or it triggers itself? I definitely have this "see patterns and connections" thing, but I can't explain it to people. Every time I try to they reaction is... Maybe it is because the connections and similarities I see are very rarely close to the surface and I usually remember what no one else does. My memory is always commented on. I've learned to never talk to anyone about my theories on things because I'm pretty sure some already think I'm crazy. And when it comes to my concept of people, I can come across as judgy.

    What others don't understand is that, just because I know why people do things as they do and their sometimes sketchy motivations and can point it out, it doesn't mean I don't like them or that I'm criticizing them. Of course I don't think I'm always right, but the fact their minds never went there puzzles me.

    Could you expand on this "no meaning" thing? I'm quickly realizing this searching process is probably more fulfilling and fun than the answer itself

    Oh and about having an iTunes in your head, I'll expand on that later.
    No, it triggers itself. It can actually be horrible. The minute I wake up my mind is on turbo, I have constant disparaging lines of thought, I'm unfocused, I live in my bubbly-abstract world. Then I'll decide I have to do something with my day so I try to find motivation or sort out what I want to do (Fi) which may have to be brute force sometimes (Te). But what I mean is that it's not all flowers and candy in Ne world. Yoga helps lots to keep my focus. Yup, my problem with Ne is it is an enemy of focus. That and the fact that for me nothing is definite, so I am so open to new input or information that I may doubt my decisions (Fi or Te) and go back to analyze the basis and maybe change the system.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Dancing_Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    No, it triggers itself. It can actually be horrible. The minute I wake up my mind is on turbo, I have constant disparaging lines of thought, I'm unfocused, I live in my bubbly-abstract world. Then I'll decide I have to do something with my day so I try to find motivation or sort out what I want to do (Fi) which may have to be brute force sometimes (Te). But what I mean is that it's not all flowers and candy in Ne world. Yoga helps lots to keep my focus. Yup, my problem with Ne is it is an enemy of focus. That and the fact that for me nothing is definite, so I am so open to new input or information that I may doubt my decisions (Fi or Te) and go back to analyze the basis and maybe change the system.
    I have this thing when I hear a song about something, or someone mentions it, I start rembering others about the same theme or portraying the same situations and feelings. It happens with movies, books and people all the time too. I don’t voice it out because I know it gets annoying and sidetracking, but it’s on my mind.

    My mom always laughs when we disagree about something that happened in the past, because I usually describe things like this: “You did do it. I know it because that day we ate chicken lasagna with Pepsi, it was raining lightly and House MD was on. We played poker later on, remember?”
    She calls it “food memory”. Remembering things is an issue in our house, she has goldfish memory while mine is more like an elephant, except about boring but very real things like doing the dishes and running errands, which drives her nuts, it’s her forte .

    I'm quite useless when it comes to practical things, getting things like chores done it's a big struggle. I know I have to, but most times than not, I ended up doing only a third of what I had in my plate that day. I totally understand you .

    Last night we were making sandwiches and I told her I realized while she copies my creations, I copy her procedures. It applies to most thing I do together with others, they are interested in what I do, while I pay attention to how they do it.
    Maybe I got ENFP so many times because I’m very creative and not that active, the only physical thing I do it’s dancing. My mind definitely works out more than my body .

    I have it all figure out on my mind, but when it comes to put it to action...I frustrate people a lot, they don't understand why someone "lie me" isn't more accomplished. They are always shocked and disappointed when I say I'm not going to collage, they don't get that while I'm very intelligent and love learning, school is suffocating to me. Deadlines have been my enemies since birth and I get really bored sitting there for four hours.

  10. #20
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Queen View Post
    I have this thing when I hear a song about something, or someone mentions it, I start rembering others about the same theme or portraying the same situations and feelings. It happens with movies, books and people all the time too. I don’t voice it out because I know it gets annoying and sidetracking, but it’s on my mind.

    My mom always laughs when we disagree about something that happened in the past, because I usually describe things like this: “You did do it. I know it because that day we ate chicken lasagna with Pepsi, it was raining lightly and House MD was on. We played poker later on, remember?”
    She calls it “food memory”. Remembering things is an issue in our house, she has goldfish memory while mine is more like an elephant, except about boring but very real things like doing the dishes and running errands, which drives her nuts, it’s her forte .

    I'm quite useless when it comes to practical things, getting things like chores done it's a big struggle. I know I have to, but most times than not, I ended up doing only a third of what I had in my plate that day. I totally understand you .

    Last night we were making sandwiches and I told her I realized while she copies my creations, I copy her procedures. It applies to most thing I do together with others, they are interested in what I do, while I pay attention to how they do it.
    Maybe I got ENFP so many times because I’m very creative and not that active, the only physical thing I do it’s dancing. My mind definitely works out more than my body .

    I have it all figure out on my mind, but when it comes to put it to action...I frustrate people a lot, they don't understand why someone "lie me" isn't more accomplished. They are always shocked and disappointed when I say I'm not going to collage, they don't get that while I'm very intelligent and love learning, school is suffocating to me. Deadlines have been my enemies since birth and I get really bored sitting there for four hours.
    I think you're talking about Si?

Similar Threads

  1. ENTP/ESFP/ENFP/ESTP, or something else?
    By patricia in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 01:49 AM
  2. [ENFP] A very hedonistic ENFP (or an ESFP with an anomalous N)
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 05:42 PM
  3. ENFP or ISFP
    By Hermes in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 01:02 PM
  4. [ENFP] Was my dad an ENFP or ISFP??
    By BookLady in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 10:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO