• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

One more for the road

alicia91

Boo hoo. :D

ENFPs are great - my teenage daughter is one and strangely enough, people say that we are very much alike. LOL

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Boo hoo. :D

ENFPs are great - my teenage daughter is one and strangely enough, people say that we are very much alike. LOL

BTW, thanks for your help. I can't help but think that the articles you posted somehow contributed to my revelation.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
Wow. ISTP-->ENFP is quite the leap considering how very different they are. I'm curious how your cognitive processing test came out if you could share that with us.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Wow. ISTP-->ENFP is quite the leap considering how very different they are. I'm curious how your cognitive processing test came out if you could share that with us.

Indeed it is.

Although I've grown to seriously question the validity of the online MBTI tests I will gladly take any test you might recommend if you are interested in my results. That being said, my decision was primarily based on a flash of insight supported by months of introspection and research.

alicia91

Lookin4theBestNU - which congitive processing test do you recommend? The one that's most often recommended here (which I can't find at the moment) scores me different every time I take it and seems unreliable for several reasons. Lately I've been scoring very high on both Ti and Te and lower on just about everything else. But I ALWAYS come out as an E on that test even though I know I'm an I. Is there another test? (though I've honestly given up on testing and find reading about the types more useful)

Sorry to hijack.

Edit - actually I see many similarities between the two (except for the analystical thinking versus feeling process) - funloving, easy going, a bit animated, like winging it, good at reading people ........

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
In my case my results are highly dependent upon my mood while taking the test. Consequently my results tend to vary greatly. My other problem, as I've come to realize, is my preferences tends towards the middle of the I-E and T-F scales.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

I think this is the one...it's been a long long time since I've taken one. I remember how hard of a time I had deciding if I was ENFP or ENFJ.

That's a cool link. :)

Here's my results when I took it:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************************** (50.2)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************************** (42.1)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************** (18.9)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************** (15.7)
unused
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************** (17.6)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************ (12.7)
unused
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************* (31.2)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************************** (51.4)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESFP, or ISFJ

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Improviser; secondly Stabilizer; then Catalyst; and lastly, Theorist.
To read more about the four temperaments click here.

Of course, don't blink cause this post might be moved somewhere else. :ninja:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Here you go:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.8)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************** (14.4)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************ (48.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.9)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.6)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************** (26.7)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************** (44)
excellent use

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Ahh. Now I understand. You'll have to forgive me, I'm a bit tired.