• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would a strong 9w1 fix effect a So/Sp 7w6?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought I was 9w1 a while, but 7w6 is just a little closer. I still really dislike conflict and need time to rest, but I'm wondering if this is the 9w1 fix? It's stormy out, so I'll check back in a bit.

S

Stansmith

It'll probably make you less confrontational and more live and let live (relative to other 7w6s) in your attitudes towards others, but still with the same core fears and desires. Something like Mogli from The Jungle Book.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought I was 9w1 a while, but 7w6 is just a little closer. I still really dislike conflict and need time to rest, but I'm wondering if this is the 9w1 fix? It's stormy out, so I'll check back in a bit.

you being a so first would probably help a bit with that too.

edit: also...you're young.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Basically what's been already said. Also combine a strong 9w1 fix with being sx-last and you get a very calm, low-energy person (at least compared to your usual 7w6).

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Basically what's been already said. Also combine a strong 9w1 fix with being sx-last and you get a very calm, low-energy person (at least compared to your usual 7w6).

Yes, that sounds like me after being forced on ADHD drugs. I suspect having a 2w3 fix, otherwise. I'm usually on ADHD drugs, though, so I'm not sure.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I guess what you'd consider to be your more natural self? :shrug: Theoretically you could be 7w6 9w1 and 2w3, you don't have to go between 9w1 and 2w3. But given that you came onto this forum as a 9w1 I'm guessing that you relate more to 9w1 than 2w3?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess what you'd consider to be your more natural self? :shrug: Theoretically you could be 7w6 9w1 and 2w3, you don't have to go between 9w1 and 2w3. But given that you came onto this forum as a 9w1 I'm guessing that you relate more to 9w1 than 2w3?

A little…

I did an enneagram quiz, and 9 was highest, 4 was second highest, 5 was third highest.

Tomb1

9w1 fixed 7w6s got a way about 'em slips thru my fingers...

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A little…

I did an enneagram quiz, and 9 was highest, 4 was second highest, 5 was third highest.

Is there a reason you've discounted 4 and 5 as being in your stack?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is there a reason you've discounted 4 and 5 as being in your stack?

Well, I read that 945 is the most introverted tritype. While 5 definately could describe my couriousity, decide to be worth something, and issues with being competent, I am not confrontational. The description of behavior doesn't fit me at all.

I held on to 4 until just a couple of days ago, when I decided to consider 2.

2 looks very slightly more like me than 9 or 7, and a lot more like me than the other 6.

I am nothing like 8 at all. I've been around 8 and see most of them as heartless bullies.

I can at least see a little of myself in everything but 8. 8 is nearly my opposite…

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Does 2 fit you more accurately than 4? Also, what do you think about type 3? Do you see any of it in yourself?

I wouldn't discount 4w5 for your heart type. If you feel that strongly against 8, then I wouldn't suggest 5 being in your main stack, since 5 integrates to 8 and I'd expect you to at least see a bit of that in yourself.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does 2 fit you more accurately than 4? Also, what do you think about type 3? Do you see any of it in yourself?

I wouldn't discount 4w5 for your heart type. If you feel that strongly against 8, then I wouldn't suggest 5 being in your main stack, since 5 integrates to 8 and I'd expect you to at least see a bit of that in yourself.
http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/descript.asp#.UejGPvq9LTo

Looking at this site…

I'll be editing each of these in, since I'm on a phone…

Type 1: Of course I want to be good! Somebody needs to be good to survive out there in the world! Seriously, though, this type sounds like me back when I was a little kid. Not too little though, since I only started acting like this when I was completely certain my faith was the only true one. Level 7 of type 1 was spot on for me from ages 4-12.

Type 2: Don't we all want to be loved? Seriously, though, I see love as a pure virtue. Love can move mountains. I always am looking for a way to pep up the day of those close to me. I do everything that I am asked that I remember (my forgetfulness is awful, but genuine) I often intuit ways to do a little something special for my friends and family, but usually something ends up broken or I forget what I'm doing midway and I wander off or I break some social rule I didn't think of until then. As a result, my friends and family say that I shouldn't do favors for them. I learned the best way to be helpful is to sit away from important things becuase I am ridiculously accident-prone.

Type 3: I don't want to be worthless, but I often feel that way. I can never seem to do anything right. I would like to be known as a good writer, but everything conspires against me. I just don't get how and why everyone else is so wonderful, but I'm so horrible.

Type 4: I want for there to be meaning in my life. I feel like I search for it constantly. Beauty is something that truly unites us all in wonder at the greatness of the world.

Type 5: I defininately use learning and knowledge as a distraction from worse things. I enjoy learning. If everybody just could have a good education, the world would be a better place.

Type 6: We all need security, but core 6 takes this to the extreme. I am defininately a worrier, though. If I'm not feeling well, I worry. If the country is heading for fiscal Armageddon, I worry.

Type 7: I like to keep things light. If you aren't enjoying yourself, what are you doing? I once tried to stay bouncy and fun to bring the best out in people, but everybody says that that is immature and inappropriate. Now, I tone things down a little. I wish I could relax a little.

Type 8: Having my own stash of resources sounds nice and all, but hurting and intimidating people is not the way to do it.

Type 9: I like peaceful surroundings.

It's getting late…I'll finish tomorrow…

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION]
on one hand, they're similar
- positive outlook triad
- similar defense mechanisms (both are prone to escapism, sloth and procrastination)
- typically chill/not thinking most things are a big deal

on the other hand, they're quite different
- 9s believe that they are insignificant; 7s think the world revolves around them
- 9s are apathetic and share some of the internal deadness of their 8 cousins; 7s are lusty, desirous and
- 9s want harmony; 7s like to stir shit up
- 9s are subtle and unassuming; 7s are demanding and sometimes aggressive
- 9s have an earthy, calming, maternal vibe to them; 7s have big energy (which can range from bubbly/social butterfly to hardy, charismatic and disruptive)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION]
on one hand, they're similar
- positive outlook triad
- similar defense mechanisms (both are prone to escapism, sloth and procrastination)
- typically chill/not thinking most things are a big deal

on the other hand, they're quite different
- 9s believe that they are insignificant; 7s think the world revolves around them
- 9s are apathetic and share some of the internal deadness of their 8 cousins; 7s are lusty, desirous and
- 9s want harmony; 7s like to stir shit up
- 9s are subtle and unassuming; 7s are demanding and sometimes aggressive
- 9s have an earthy, calming, maternal vibe to them; 7s have big energy (which can range from bubbly/social butterfly to hardy, charismatic and disruptive)

I've seen both in me depending on the full moon, I guess. Probably the most striking thing about me right now is my sense that I am empty inside. I feel like I am empty of everything except this nervous, any sty feeling. I tend towards a feeling of nothingness and physical exhaustion…

I feel like I have no meaning or purpose. I just barely have a sense of identity. My wants and needs are so vague. The biggest and most obvious want I always seem to have is sleep. It seems like no matter how much I try to do things right and keep the peace…I manage to do something wrong. I try not to rock the boat, but my very presence seems to do just that. If I'm just sitting in a room, things will go wrong. Things break and bad things happen. I have a couple of long distance friends, but usually, I'm pretty reclusive. I thought I was INFP a long time, but after careful research and function studying, I found I have a strong preference for extroversion. I'm just a reclusive extrovert.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/descript.asp#.UejGPvq9LTo

Looking at this site…

I'll be editing each of these in, since I'm on a phone…

Type 1: Of course I want to be good! Somebody needs to be good to survive out there in the world! Seriously, though, this type sounds like me back when I was a little kid. Not too little though, since I only started acting like this when I was completely certain my faith was the only true one. Level 7 of type 1 was spot on for me from ages 4-12.

Type 2: Don't we all want to be loved? Seriously, though, I see love as a pure virtue. Love can move mountains. I always am looking for a way to pep up the day of those close to me. I do everything that I am asked that I remember (my forgetfulness is awful, but genuine) I often intuit ways to do a little something special for my friends and family, but usually something ends up broken or I forget what I'm doing midway and I wander off or I break some social rule I didn't think of until then. As a result, my friends and family say that I shouldn't do favors for them. I learned the best way to be helpful is to sit away from important things becuase I am ridiculously accident-prone.

Type 3: I don't want to be worthless, but I often feel that way. I can never seem to do anything right. I would like to be known as a good writer, but everything conspires against me. I just don't get how and why everyone else is so wonderful, but I'm so horrible.

Type 4: I want for there to be meaning in my life. I feel like I search for it constantly. Beauty is something that truly unites us all in wonder at the greatness of the world.

Type 5: I defininately use learning and knowledge as a distraction from worse things. I enjoy learning. If everybody just could have a good education, the world would be a better place.

Type 6: We all need security, but core 6 takes this to the extreme. I am defininately a worrier, though. If I'm not feeling well, I worry. If the country is heading for fiscal Armageddon, I worry.

Type 7: I like to keep things light. If you aren't enjoying yourself, what are you doing? I once tried to stay bouncy and fun to bring the best out in people, but everybody says that that is immature and inappropriate. Now, I tone things down a little. I wish I could relax a little.

Type 8: Having my own stash of resources sounds nice and all, but hurting and intimidating people is not the way to do it.

Type 9: I like peaceful surroundings.

It's getting late…I'll finish tomorrow…

All done!

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Have you ever considered 4w3? That seems most striking to me.

Search for meaning and purpose/feeling that you lack one is pretty hallmark type 4, and we're also the type most likely to experience low-grade existential depression. I still think that if you were a 5 type or even a strong 5-wing you'd relate a little to type 8 as a point of integration.

Also, sorry for not responding before! I... get distracted. :doh:

Last edited:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Search for meaning and purpose/feeling that you lack one is pretty hallmark type 4, and we're also the type most likely to experience low-grade existential depression. I still think that if you were a 5 type or even a strong 5-wing you'd relate a little to type 8 as a point of integration.

Thanks…

I live with an unhealty 8, too. I can feel so crushed under their weight that anything that reminds me of them repulses me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

4w3 might be a good call actually