User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Greenfairy an ISFJ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

0 0%
  • no

15 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
12311 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Default Does anyone think I'm an ISFJ?

Copying Poimandres' ISTP thread:

Does anyone (besides @Kamishi) think I am an ISFJ? Post here if you think so, and if you don't, argue with the ones who do. (For the record, I don't.)

Just 'cause I'm bored and there's a thread saying this forum is boring- so have at it!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

No, because you aren't 'predictably stable' in the slightest.
    People who call you an ISFx I think see you as being simple-minded and emotionally volatile.
    Frankly, you can come across that way (and I can come across similarly to people as well, except for the emotions part in substitute for reasoning).
    My grandma is supposedly an ISFJ, and she gets really freaked out by things that are unexpected and just seem too dang strange.
    You, on the other hand, are (in my opinion) one of the most mentally bright individuals I know, not so much in a rationalistic sense, but more in your intense focus on the creation.
    That being said, I just don't think ISFJ works, and even if it has vague fittings for you here and there, it has way too many boundaries that you break.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

If you're an ISFJ I am an INFJ.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't know you well enough to have any certainty about your type, but ISTJ actually crossed my mind once. Just from incidental observations it doesn't seem like you get offended easily at all. There is something that does seem consistent about you, but perhaps something else that isn't. When you mentioned that you can remember every detail of your home and where everything you own is, that does seem related to Si, but it could be something else. I haven't known INTPs or INFJs to have mastery over their belongings, but rather they have different ways in which their belongings are on the edge of being out of control. Most of the IN types attempt to exert control over their concrete domain, but tend to experience numerous failures in these attempts by losing things, hoarding things into random piles of confusion, organizing belonging only to have the disarray overpower the plan, throwing everything away and then regretting it, etc. Probably NTJs are the least out of control with "stuff".

I think it is difficult to know what type you are because you also have a connection to the intangible in a unique way. I'd be curious again to hear what types you have considered. I seem to remember INTP which resulted in some sort of upheaval, and then I've read INFJ on your profile. Somehow ISFJ doesn't feel quite like the right fit because you don't seem that sensitive to remarks by people.

You know, ISTP has quite a range of people who type as that. Both of their function pairs are the same as INFJ, just swapped, and there is a correlation to INTP as well, so I wonder if you could be an ISTP with strong Ni? Like in a Dom/Tert loop of Ti-Ni?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    You know, ISTP has quite a range of people who type as that. Both of their function pairs are the same as INFJ, just swapped, and there is a correlation to INTP as well, so I wonder if you could be an ISTP with strong Ni? Like in a Dom/Tert loop of Ti-Ni?
    She isn't practical or mechanical enough.

WALMART

I doubt any kind of Se user. Ne sounds more accurate. I still think Fi.

NFP.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I still think INFJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I doubt seriously that you are an ISFJ. If this post. is representative, you are more interested in theory, concepts, values and stuff like that.

You seem like some sort of introverted intuitive. If I had to guess, I would probably say INFP though INFJ might be a possibility.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Good observations, thanks.
    I don't know you well enough to have any certainty about your type, but ISTJ actually crossed my mind once. Just from incidental observations it doesn't seem like you get offended easily at all. There is something that does seem consistent about you, but perhaps something else that isn't. When you mentioned that you can remember every detail of your home and where everything you own is, that does seem related to Si, but it could be something else. I haven't known INTPs or INFJs to have mastery over their belongings, but rather they have different ways in which their belongings are on the edge of being out of control. Most of the IN types attempt to exert control over their concrete domain, but tend to experience numerous failures in these attempts by losing things, hoarding things into random piles of confusion, organizing belonging only to have the disarray overpower the plan, throwing everything away and then regretting it, etc. Probably NTJs are the least out of control with "stuff".
    About that, maybe I said it too literally; I have a couple of piles of papers, and I do misplace things occasionally, but I usually know the general vicinity of things and I can find them in a short amount of time.
    I think it is difficult to know what type you are because you also have a connection to the intangible in a unique way. I'd be curious again to hear what types you have considered. I seem to remember INTP which resulted in some sort of upheaval, and then I've read INFJ on your profile. Somehow ISFJ doesn't feel quite like the right fit because you don't seem that sensitive to remarks by people.
    Haha; "upheaval"- that's a nice word. I'll have to remember it for its PC quality. Almost as nice as "kerfuffle."

Yeah, I think whatever type I am it's obvious I'm not a typical one. So maybe the question is what type am I the least unlike. It's possible I'm INFP whose Fi really looks like Fe, and who is not sensitive. Or it's possible I'm INFJ whose Se looks a lot like Si.
    As for my opinion, I'm pretty confident I don't use Se- but then I'm equally confident I don't use Fi. So that would make me NTP or SFJ (and I don't believe I'm SFJ, so there you have it). So if those are not the case, something is amiss with my understanding of the functions. Interesting thought though. I think it's more likely I'm INFP than ISFJ, as I relate to inferior Te somewhat. In order of inferior function likelihood imo: Fe, Te/Si, Se. I really don't "catastrophize," as inferior Ne is said to do. My mom does, so I know what it looks like. She and I are nothing alike in that regard.

Enneagram
    9w8

I think that you are a fairy and fairies don't have types. They have wings. If you're not a fairy, I'm going to be really disappointed
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14