• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone think I'm an ISFJ?

Is Greenfairy an ISFJ?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Interesting enough for you to respond. ;)

You falsely presume a connection between my posting in a thread and my thinking it interesting.

If we all take off our clothes and start debating by bumping tattoos of our arguments against each other in a flesh grind pit, would that make it more interesting? We can also add 25 gallons of honey if we need to.

:happy2:

When do we begin!?

Considering that person thought Victor was ESTP... I wouldn't put much stock in what they have to say.

Seriously.

That person is horrible at typing people.

He/she regularly types people whatever their anima/animus/shadow is.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You falsely presume a connection between my posting in a thread and my thinking it interesting.

:happy2:

When do we begin!?

Seriously.

Whatever. Your amusement is not high on my list of priorities.

Yeah, I think Victor is INFJ in some sort of a loop. So you might be right.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I think Victor is INFJ in some sort of a loop. So you might be right.

yes, Victor is all about caring what other people think of him and his approach to the world, and steering himself by an external compass. Jolly good show.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seriously.

In a weird way, that would make he/she good at typing by consistently demonstrating the ability to identify people's shadows. It is a sort of accuracy, right? Most mistakes are partly right, but most are not as consistent.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In a weird way, that would make he/she good at typing by consistently demonstrating the ability to identify people's shadows. It is a sort of accuracy, right? Most mistakes are partly right, but most are not as consistent.

That's an excellent point -- drat and confound it.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Yes, except that in the case of Victor, he/she is just completely fucking off (apparently; I didn't see that typing).

I've seen him/her do it many times before, tho, and on a pretty consistent basis.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]

For all that I've been amused by this thread (admittedly at your expense), I have given your situation some thought.

I believe, first of all, there is some gap between the things that you value (or esteem as valuable), and the gifts you actually possess. I don't know what created that dissonance, but believe me when I say that I feel for you.

Self-love is a brutal lesson to master because it requires a deep vulnerability for whom most lack the courage. It's not an easy thing to look at yourself in the mirror, know you're not that thing you've internalized as valuable, and still find someone worthy looking back at you. Even if everyone on the forum were to drop what they were doing and reached out to you to tell you you were INTP, Im fairly certain it wouldnt make you feel the way you hope to feel.

Honestly, at this point, Id go so far as to say that typology is probably damaging to you as you are now. If nothing else, it detracts from what appears to be the truly necessary work of learning who you really are, and how to grow and work and love and all that jazz as that person (ironically enough). I can say objectively that what youre doing right now is moving you towards neither of those goals.

I honestly don't know how to teach someone how to love themselves. My own sense of self-worth is born of some pretty tough times, and I wouldnt recommend that to someone just for kicks. Just don't worry so much, you know? None of this really matters. Just feel that place of connection inside yourself and let that be enough. That generally seems to work for me.

Anyways.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everything is energy, which forms itself into polarities; these polarities form atoms which form molecules, which organize themselves into patterns, to which we attach labels based on how we interact with them. Underneath everything is mathematical patterns and organization. We can perceive these patterns and the way reality operates, but form and matter is an illusion. Personification is an illusion because everything is one essence with no real separation, and underlying reality does not really have mentality- so it cannot have preferential attachment or attitudes or anything we associate with a being. However, it balances itself like an ecosystem; living systems do function in certain ways, and the biosphere of which we are a part functions in ways we can understand as personal because we are a microcosm of the macrocosm. But as such, our being is just part of an impersonal system fundamentally. It's all very beautiful. I love being a point in a fractal universe.
Edit: Everything is balance, a dynamic equilibrium. You can have no positive without negative, like you can't have one side of a graph without the other.

Go ahead and say this has INFJ written all over it.

I agree that does sound INFJish. However, it could be repeating a portion of some sort of philosophy or alternative religious belief which could make it more doctrine vs the way you think about or process information. If you notice the way some Christians talk about religion for example, there is a lot of sameness regardless as to type.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

For all that I've been amused by this thread (admittedly at your expense), I have given your situation some thought.

I believe, first of all, there is some gap between the things that you value (or esteem as valuable), and the gifts you actually possess. I don't know what created that dissonance, but believe me when I say that I feel for you.

Self-love is a brutal lesson to master because it requires a deep vulnerability for whom most lack the courage. It's not an easy thing to look at yourself in the mirror, know you're not that thing you've internalized as valuable, and still find someone worthy looking back at you. Even if everyone on the forum were to drop what they were doing and reached out to you to tell you you were INTP, Im fairly certain it wouldnt make you feel the way you hope to feel.

Honestly, at this point, Id go so far as to say that typology is probably damaging to you as you are now. If nothing else, it detracts from what appears to be the truly necessary work of learning who you really are, and how to grow and work and love and all that jazz as that person (ironically enough). I can say objectively that what youre doing right now is moving you towards neither of those goals.

I honestly don't know how to teach someone how to love themselves. My own sense of self-worth is born of some pretty tough times, and I wouldnt recommend that to someone just for kicks. Just don't worry so much, you know? None of this really matters. Just feel that place of connection inside yourself and let that be enough. That generally seems to work for me.

Anyways.

Aw, thanks! :hug:
yes, Victor is all about caring what other people think of him and his approach to the world, and steering himself by an external compass. Jolly good show.
Well, maybe INFP. I don't know. Nor do I care. He's another oddball who doesn't really fit any type if you ask me.
Victor is an INFP or ISFP, in a FiSi or FiNi loop.

(with 80%-90% confidence)
I hadn't thought of that. Edit: I think ISFP is more likely. He seems to use Ni a lot. I was picking up on that plus an attempt at logical organization, but I agree it looks more like Fi. Though the things he talks about are usually rather impersonal (more collective) in nature, which does look more Fe to me.

You know, [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION], while I appreciate your taking the time to put in a poll (and edit it for me), I'm thinking it may be somewhat pointless since it's doubtful anyone is going to vote "yes" (except out of sheer perversity). Although you probably were just thinking it would be good to have a type poll since people were throwing out types- and I didn't know what you had in mind when you asked.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

I sincerely doubt you are an ISFJ. It's all about the process as opposed to the end form.

For example I can discuss and argue and bring up information on any number of topics. I can make posts here that come across quite....perhaps intuitive in nature.

But that is only the end form of what my thoughts came out to, my process is still one of recounting information I have experienced personally through Si, when I come across a new problem, my first instinct is to try old methods....then search for new avenues. It's what makes a person like me come across as stupid in some situations that I have not yet experienced, because I struggle to visualise the potentials, instead I work back from my experiences to those potentials, but it takes me a much longer time than say.....an Ne dominant.

If I do use Ne it is nearly always recreational, via hobbies or friendly discussions or when joking. On top of it all is Fe floating like a king. Without even being consciously aware of it till recently, it is clear I desire structured social groups and boundries into which I can fit myself.

Also the suppression of Ti has become apparent to me, because while I am interested in logical discussions and the picking apart of information with inductive thinking, it is not something I apply myself. I simply admire it in others, yet reject it when it comes too close to home, at least until recently.

Now I acknowledge more readily the considerations those angles bring and I enjoy when the revelation is one I can apply to my own life in terms of self awareness. This still ties in to Fe as I hold myself to the accountability of my own consciousness and I do not wish to hurt or harm those I love or like.

But it's a better partnership than merely pressing down on the inferior function while rising up the dominant, as I remember reading that the inferior grows out of conscious control the more the dominant is indulged and the more people avoid challenges that would threaten that dominant inclination.

One cathartic realisation I have had, is that it is better to stick out a bad couple of weeks, or even years, of personal turmoil and stress so that you may come out with a better understanding of yourself and others, as well as having grown, on the other side.

As I have said before, to me it is time people started realising that contextually these functions, (of which we do indeed possess and use all 8 or allegedly so), can apply to any person of any intelligence. I'm not really talking about 'sensor-bias' or any of that mess, more so that while there are challenges in communication between differences in judgment or perception, with wisdom and consideration, it becomes apparent that the real challenge lies in the difference between levels of thinking in individuals and their intelligence.

But this is also a difficult point to identify, because of the difficulty in defining what constitutes intelligence and at what level a person is cogitating. Not to mention different types of intelligence, though that point is very debatable.

Perhaps the real issue is that there are far too many lazy systems that tap into enabling a person's weaker aspects to creep up on them and therefore stopping a person from reaching their full potential. Although that in itself opens up a discussion on whether or not it is for any group or individual to decide on what other individuals or groups should be doing or how 'full potential' is indeed defined.

In any case, my main point is that I cannot see Si dominance in you, even though mine is only secondary, I am the echo's of my senses and all those in my life who have molded and informed me, the negative and the positive.

To me that is Si defined, the personalised aspect of your own sensory experiences, coalescing into a solid whole core which sits at the centre of you.

Do you see that in yourself?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
AA: Good thoughts. No, I don't see Si dominance in myself.

Jaguar

Victor is an INFP or ISFP, in a FiSi or FiNi loop.

That implies an avoidance of Ne. I disagree. I've never met him in person, but his posts skip across a lake leaving nothing but ripples, without ever taking a plunge beneath the surface to see what's really there. If I bought him a Christmas present, it would be a T-shirt that reads: It's all about me.

Quite some time ago, Q (ENTP) made a decent post about Vic's type. I happen to agree with her thoughts.

Qre:us said:
A few additional thoughts to typing Victor:

This is why I believe him to be FiNe......I've never seen a discourse between him and someone come to a conclusion (unless they're supporting his viewpoint), ever. Because he doesn't have a point he's holding stead-fast to, some vanishing point he's moving towards, something he's trying to really prove. It's all just a play of rhetoric, pick a single thought from someone's response to him, and go off on another thought tangent with it. And, repeat.
All to spur an emotional reaction, his, and hopefully (his aim), the other.
Bouncing from thought to thought (Ne), no investment in a conclusive thought (or building on it, going to the depths of that singular thought - like Ni) as much as the presentation of the thought. Until the next thought, and so on. Hence, no build-up, no discourse leading to a conclusion. Just the art of rhetoric. He doesn't want an audience as much as he wants fans.

INFP.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION], you have made a very convincing case. my current conclusion is that I don't have a dominant function or definite type. And if I do there's about an 85% chance I'm INFJ.