User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Greenfairy an ISFJ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    0 0%
  • no

    15 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 155

  1. #81
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Certain terms - such as "magical" - keyed me into Si. However, I can write like that too, and that's my real point here.
    "magical"?? I guess that's a joke right?

    Think of these types of things when you think of Si:
    “One’s personal past”
    • Verifying using personal memory
    • Validating the actuality
    • Reliving the emotions in sequence

    Think of these types of things with Fe
    “Harmonious relationships”
    • Affirming others
    • Enabling affiliation
    • Attuning to the group mood

    You can see those things in that writing.

    Is that how @greenfairy's thought process seems to work?

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  2. #82
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    "magical"?? I guess that's a joke right?

    Think of these types of things when you think of Si:
    “One’s personal past”
    • Verifying using personal memory
    • Validating the actuality
    • Reliving the emotions in sequence

    Think of these types of things with Fe
    “Harmonious relationships”
    • Affirming others
    • Enabling affiliation
    • Attuning to the group mood

    You can see those things in that writing.

    Is that how @greenfairy's thought process seems to work?
    Sounds pretty accurate to me. Although I don't think the functions are in that order.

    Also I asked him to edit the poll and only ask if I am ISFJ yes or no, because I intended for this to not just be another generic type-me thread. I wanted specific discussion on one type and the associated functions, because two people had proposed it.

  3. #83
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    And I can't find just now the quote about me taking things as insults, but consider the following. "Simple-minded" is generally used as an insult. Maybe I read too much negativity into my communication being like sifting through goulash, but usually when someone says something like that I think of a schizophrenic person or someone equally mentally incapacitated. It seems to imply the person's thoughts are incoherent. This sounds kind of insulting, and is not true of me- at least not that anyone has observed outside of this forum. Some people, in particular Jennifer and Mal+ seem to have a difficult time communicating in their posts the difference between a constructive critical comment or neutral observation directed at someone they respect and think well of, and a derisive "observation" directed at someone they believe to be mentally inferior. If it's true that I am widely perceived to be simple minded, then in that context things do seem more insulting in tone.
    i don't think they or i took special care not to be insulting but the main point is that the communication style reads different than others of that type.

    the goulash comment i took to mean that it was the opposite of concise. everything jumbled together no clear focus etc

    i'm sure ti users would say the same about me too...it's not a compliment, it may be an insult but who cares if it's an insult from someone who values different things than you do?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #84
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't think they or i took special care not to be insulting but the main point is that the communication style reads different than others of that type.

    the goulash comment i took to mean that it was the opposite of concise. everything jumbled together no clear focus etc

    i'm sure ti users would say the same about me too...it's not a compliment, it may be an insult but who cares if it's an insult from someone who values different things than you do?
    Ok, good point. I'm not sure what I value though, or that it is different.

  5. #85
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    And I can't find just now the quote about me taking things as insults, but consider the following. "Simple-minded" is generally used as an insult. Maybe I read too much negativity into my communication being like sifting through goulash, but usually when someone says something like that I think of a schizophrenic person or someone equally mentally incapacitated. It seems to imply the person's thoughts are incoherent. This sounds kind of insulting, and is not true of me- at least not that anyone has observed outside of this forum. Some people, in particular Jennifer and Mal+ seem to have a difficult time communicating in their posts the difference between a constructive critical comment or neutral observation directed at someone they respect and think well of, and a derisive "observation" directed at someone they believe to be mentally inferior. If it's true that I am widely perceived to be simple minded, then in that context things do seem more insulting in tone.
    Jennifer and I had nothing to do with the "simple-minded" statement. I already said that that particular poster was negatively stereotyping you into a type, i.e., Sensors are simple-minded. (They're not.)

    For another thing, people don't communicate the same way or mean the same things by their communications.

    A Feeler is often insulted by Thinkers who are simply stating facts yet are neglectful of the feelings of others (e.g., "can't you do something about your makeup?"). And Thinkers are often confused when they are accused of hurting the feelings of a Feeler, because nothing of the sort was intended whatsoever.

    I do not make these things up as I go, this is a fact I've known about Thinker-Feeler relationships for over 20 years. And I have observed it multiple times in action, as every woman I've been with was a Feeler, either as dominant or auxiliary.

    Now don't take this as an INSULT, but it's easy to see that, whatever your type, you are at the very first stages of learning about all this. This is your baby-steps period of growth, and you'll make a lot of mistakes in the beginning just like I did long ago. It's simply a matter of getting back up after falling down, and trying again.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #86
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Ok, good point. I'm not sure what I value though, or that it is different.
    well for starters if you valued being concise you would be.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  7. #87
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    "magical"?? I guess that's a joke right?

    Think of these types of things when you think of Si:
    “One’s personal past”
    • Verifying using personal memory
    • Validating the actuality
    • Reliving the emotions in sequence

    Think of these types of things with Fe
    “Harmonious relationships”
    • Affirming others
    • Enabling affiliation
    • Attuning to the group mood

    You can see those things in that writing.

    Is that how @greenfairy's thought process seems to work?
    Agree about Fe, disagree about Si. In fact, I don't know what 3 even has to do with Si.

    But "magical" certainly agrees with Jung's own description of the thinking of the Si-dom.

    As for @greenfairy, from her very first post she has always seemed like an INFJ to me, and although she can throw a lot of INTP-seeming thoughts to the forum, I immediately saw that they were not up to INTP standards because the logic was flawed, the reasoning incoherent.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #88
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Jennifer and I had nothing to do with the "simple-minded" statement. I already said that that particular poster was negatively stereotyping you into a type, i.e., Sensors are simple-minded. (They're not.)

    For another thing, people don't communicate the same way or mean the same things by their communications.

    A Feeler is often insulted by Thinkers who are simply stating facts yet are neglectful of the feelings of others (e.g., "can't you do something about your makeup?"). And Thinkers are often confused when they are accused of hurting the feelings of a Feeler, because nothing of the sort was intended whatsoever.

    I do not make these things up as I go, this is a fact I've known about Thinker-Feeler relationships for over 20 years. And I have often observed it multiple times in action, as every woman I've been with was a Feeler, either as dominant or auxiliary.

    Now don't take this as an INSULT, but it's easy to see that, whatever your type, you are at the very first stages of learning about all this. This is your baby-steps period of growth, and you'll make a lot of mistakes in the beginning just like I did long ago. It's simply a matter of getting back up after falling down, and trying again.
    Ok. Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying.

    I don't usually get offended by things though, I don't think. I've just had some very negative experiences on the forum and when people don't publicly argue with people who say insulting things it's easy to think everyone agrees, and to then assume the same attitude when the tone is ambiguous. Is that understandable?

  9. #89
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Ok. Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying.

    I don't usually get offended by things though, I don't think. I've just had some very negative experiences on the forum and when people don't publicly argue with people who say insulting things it's easy to think everyone agrees, and to then assume the same attitude when the tone is ambiguous. Is that understandable?
    I'm having to read that multiple times, and I'm still not grasping your point. "Ambiguous"?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #90
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    well for starters if you valued being concise you would be.
    I don't know about that. There are a lot of things I value which I don't do according to my standards. But maybe that's a lack of individuation again.

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone think I am NOT an INFP?
    By Legion in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 10:42 PM
  2. [ISFJ] Does this description sound like an ISFJ?
    By chalky_lemon in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-25-2015, 01:30 AM
  3. Does anyone think I'm NOT an INFJ?
    By SilkRoad in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 04:58 PM
  4. Does anyone think...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 09:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO